The Jian

Bởi Sanguine7827

FranXX Academy produces elites and failures all around. Hiro has begun to get quieter, now feeling like he wa... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter 2: Life goes on
Chapter 3: Figure at the Gate
Chapter 4: Strange Recallings
Chapter 5: Skepticism
Chapter 6: Competitions all over
Chapter 7: A not-so calming walk
Chapter 8: Harmony of Hormones
Chapter 9: Chain Reaction
Chapter 10: Hidden Gatherings
Chapter 11: Words of Recall
Chapter 12: Hidden Reasons
Chapter 13: More Conspiracies!
Chapter 14: Drawn to the Bitter
Chapter 15: Dusk to Dawn
Chapter 16: Eye for an eye
Chapter 17: Warm Outings
Chapter 18: Eclectica
Chapter 19: Pandemic
Chapter 20: Guilt or Grudge
Chapter 21: Confusion, Separation and Anticipation
Chapter 22: Chrysalis
Chapter 23: Tides Turning with a New Moon
Chapter 24: I'm here for You
Chapter 25: Dropped Formalities
Chapter 26: Holdfast, Tides are turning
Chapter 27: Victory and Bonds
Chapter 28: Start the Countdown
Chapter 29: Past, Present and Future
Chapter 30: Who Knew?
Chapter 31: Productivity in Itself
Chapter 32: Deadpan and a Bad Plan
Chapter 33: Little Red Girl
Chapter 34: It ain't over Easy
Chapter 35: She only Smiled
Final Notes

Chapter 1: A Change of Story

3.8K 54 60
Bởi Sanguine7827

The Jian, also know as "the bird that shares wings,"

Only posses one wing.

Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one,

they're are incapable of flight.

They're imperfect, incomplete creatures.

But for some reason,

their way of life,

struck me as profoundly beautiful.

It was beautiful,

I felt

The Jian, also known as "the bird that shares wings."

The book I read about it a long time ago

said it can't fly unless a male and female pair support each other.

They're pitiful creatures.

Until it finds a partner,

it must hide among tree leaves,

wait with baited breath,

and dream of the day it can take flight into the skies above.

If so, where does a bird that ends up never flying go?

I know the answer all too well.

The answer is...

'Hiro. HIRO!' said Goro, his usual calm and laidback expression replaced with smugness. 'You're gonna be late for class.' he added, nudging Hiro awake.

He yawned and glanced over at his alarm clock

'7:49 am'

'WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME EARLIER!' exclaimed Hiro, his brain firing up his stress.

'Because when we agreed to not deprive each other of our beauty sleeps, I thought I would be able to hold my end of the deal. But seeing how school starts in one hour I thought, ya know...' replied Goro.

'You still could have gotten me up earlier!' said Hiro.

'I know but, that's your alarm clock's job.' Goro added with a chuckle.

'Ughhh!' Hiro groaned.

'Well, see you at breakfast.' said Goro.

'...'

'Where the hell is Hiro...' Ichigo thought.

Her thoughts were drawn elsewhere by Goro sitting down across from her at the breakfast table.

'Any luck?' she asked.

'Just got him to end his yearly beauty sleep.' Goro responded.

'That... idiot...' she whispered. But no matter how much she said that, she could never hide my feelings from herself.

Her thoughts were drawn elsewhere by an excited red head.

'I hear we're getting a new student this week!' exclaimed Miku.

'I hope it's a girl, you can never get enough friends!' said Kokoro.

'What if it's a boy?' asked Futoshi.

'Even if it's a boy, they'd probably still make a great friend!'

'Ooh! Someone's lookin' for a soul-mate!' said Miku.

Ichigo noticed one of their friends taking slight discomfort in what Miku just said. Strange how Mitsuru would care about Kokoro's love Interest.

'I-I-I'm n-not!' replied Kokoro. 'Plus I have someone else... on my mind...'

Once again Ichigo couldn't help but noticed this statement had some sort of effect on Mitsuru's facial features. Now he seemed, relieved.

'Oh Mitsuru...'  thought Ichigo. 'If only you new.'

Her train of thought once again took a detour due to a certain someone that came rushing in a flurry of unkept hair and last-minute uniform preparation.

'Ah; there he is!' said Goro.

'Where were you!' Ichigo shouted.

'Good morning to you too, Ichigo.' replied Hiro, grabbing some toast and spread.

'With this amount of sleep-ins you'll be repeating this year, next.' joked Futoshi.

'Haha; thanks for the support!' responded Hiro. 'Anyways what's go'in on at the moment?'

'We're getting a new student in the upcoming weeks/days!' shouted Miku. 'And they're in our class, too!'

Ichigo was about to ask about how Hiro's doing, since he only comes out of his and Goro's room to eat, go to classes, and pick up study material for homework; when a teacher came in and told us to go to our classes.

She was leaving the table with her book bag, when Ms. Nana called her over.

After trading greetings and salutations, Nana talked to her 

'I assume you know of the new student we have joining us in the next few weeks? '

'I do.' replied Ichigo.

'So there will be a new student!' she concluded to herself.

'I want you to formally greet the new student. She's undergone some... childhood trauma and... just, make her feel comfortable.' said Nana.

'Understood.' she said.

Ichigo was leaving when Nana added.

'And Ichigo.'

'Yes?'

'Try to help her out. She's just lonely... and... yeah...'

'...'

'How bad could they possibly be?' she wondered. 'They're just a regular student... right?'

The next few hours were spent trudging from one lesson to the next. Each one, the same as always. Even thought they only started school a few weeks ago, everything was the same but only slightly more difficult. Everything was as of the norm. Nothing was of any great significance. At the time being...

After the school hours had concluded, the group of friends migrated to their favourite common room laughing and discussing about all your regular student-teenager stuff. As they were talking, the conversation steered itself towards the new student, or new girl as they were lead to believe. A mysterious subject indeed. Nearly all were present. All but Hiro. He was in his room as usual, doing his "homework", as it were. Ichigo was thinking about Hiro until Miku asked Ichigo a question:

'What did Nana talk to you about, Ichigo?'

Ichigo told them. They were equally curious as she was.

This lead to a few minutes of awkward silence.

Zorome spoke up,

'Even if they are so special-' he added smugly. '-they're nothing compared to me! So I won't be intimidated like the rest of you's!'

At this Miku stood up, and took hold of his ear; dragging him through the door into another room to berate and scold him for acting like an idiot in front of their friends.

Everyone new it. They were perfect for each other.

Ichigo was imagining what kind of future the two could have when Hiro walked into the room,

'What's up with those two?' he asked.

'More like, what's up with you Hiro?' responded Goro. 'Ever considered doing your homework out here with us? We can help.'

'Nah... it's fine, it gives me...' he tried to find the word. 'time to think, about... stuff...'

This did not in fact ease their concern for Hiro, but increased it.

'Rigghhhhhhhtt...' said Goro, clearly not convinced. 'Just remember, we're always here for you.'

'Always have been, and always will!' added Kokoro. 'We're your friends!'

'And we need you as well!' put in Futoshi. 'So don't leave us, please...'

Hiro was lost for words.

He always thought himself to be the third wheel of the party, or the useless one; but from what he could gather from his friend's words, he meant a lot more to them then they let on.

'They still wouldn't understand,' thought Hiro. 'No one will understand...'

His thoughts once again were getting the best of him.

'Thanks...' he replied. 'guys...'

Everyone left in the room had their eyes laid on him.

'Thank you...'

To be Continued...

Author's Note

Other than the obvious fact that my story is trash and is posted on a very irregular schedule, I hope that it is alright in the common eye. I may have also mentioned that this particular anime came out ages ago, but it is in my opinion a very underrated anime. I also plan to post new chapters each week. Other than that, I will be trying to find the time to work on other little UT AU projects, although this is my first work I will finish. Lastly I plan on publishing a chapter once a week or so, everybody isn't isn't perfect, nor should we be, so I will be doing my best.

- Eclipse

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

327K 21.5K 27
❝ good god felix, you're too cute for me. ❞ → changbin is a regular teenage boy with slightly worrying anger issues. felix is an exhange student who...
4.7K 94 17
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...
16.8K 845 120
A Genshin impact high school au Welcome to a school that brings students from all over the seven nations of Tevyat. Sadly though due to conflicts, on...
172K 6.9K 13
((Long EreRi story suggested by @Ebeciara. Hope you enjoy! :D)) Eren Jaeger is extremely depressed, and it's all his fault. If only he wasn't a titan...