Alluring Prevarications

By Sonali61

Nandini Murthy is 26. An exceptionally qualified doctor from Harvard , Boston. A strong headed individual hav... More

A Dare?!
How dare you touch my MICROSCOPE!
FIGHT
Stealing and Me?!
Cabir ?!
Is it some medical prescription for you?!
Quite an EVENTFUL NIGHT
Her questions and his answers
ANTICIPATION?!
A Premonition Dream?!
Revelation about PAST
Missing?
Cabir's Message
Insight to unknown happenings
Liar?!
Catching lies
Food and Fight Strategies
Dreadful events , beautiful realizations!
Three Months Later
New stories!
New Manan OS
New Story!
A Mystery-Thriller
TRAILER

Why are you so stubborn?

3.8K 319 103
By Sonali61

1 week later :

SPACE HOSPITAL :

Nandini :

Last week turned out to be a busy one. As I was new as a doctor I had to understand some of the protocols and of course my duty was my main focus. As things are now falling into their place, I want get started with my research work of chemical carcinogens.Back there in Harvard too I had been attending various workshops about cancer treatment, research and palliative care. 

Every thing was good about last week except one thing that I have been dreaming about the same stranger guy every day,the one whom I met in Poisonivy. Every day I see the same dream.In every upcoming dream he comes a little more closer to me. I still cannot see his face because its always dark.I don't know what I should call it just a 'dream' or a 'Nightmare'. Never in my life I have dreamed about a guy. Its just not normal for Nandini Murthy. That day when he held my waist I was not in a condition to understand anything. But when think now about it I feel secured by that hold. Was that hold gentle? Well its really stupid of me to think like this! It will be wrong to give this much importance to a stranger.

After my duty hours for today I left for my lab. I'm thinking of growing a small eukaryotic cell colony in my lab to research about some new chemical carcinogens, with all the precautions. I'm starting this from today. After completing my work for today I left the lab. It was almost 9 pm. Mukti, alya, renuka had already left as our duty hours are only till 5 pm. I pressed the ground floor button of the lift.I was waiting for the lift to reach the ground floor but the door of the lift opened on 6th floor and I had to welcome an unwanted person in lift . I was disappointed because I have to tolerate this careless person till the time lift reaches ground floor. 

Manik entered the lift. He smirked when he saw my 'What the' face after he entered. I usually don't judge people so easily but I developed instant dislike to this person who touched my microscope without my consent! What was he doing in my lab in the first place is a different topic. 

Breathing in the same air as that of him started irritating me within seconds. Our last meet was not that good but today I could notice that he was quiet tall. Actually too much tall. I felt too short standing close to him.My height was not even till his shoulders...I was looking in front but I could feel his burning gaze on me. 

M : So how are you Dr.Murthy?

N(Sternly) : Fine.

M(Smirking) : And How is YOUR microscope?

N (Sternly) : That's none of your concern Mr. Malhotra.

Manik chuckles. 

Nandini glares at him.

Manik coughs. 

M : So do you still don't allow anyone coming in your lab?

N : No. Don't talk.

M : O come on Nandini...You can't ignore Manik Malhotra like this. 

N : I'm not ignoring. You are not that much important. I am just maintaining professionalism.

M(Smirking) : I see.

Nandini thinks, "Why the hell is he smirking this much. I so wish to wipe off that smirk."

M : So I guess you might need my help in your lab...

N(pissed) : Who said that?

M : Because I'm the best. And you know girls like you really like me being around.

N(Sternly) : I don't need any kind of help Mr.Malhotra. It will be better if you stay away from me and my lab. I don't like anyone's interference there.

Lift arrives at ground floor. Door of the lift opens and Nandini leaves the lift in a fast speed . She could here Manik saying ,"O come on Nandini I'm good at my work." Then he groans. But she didn't bothered to look back at him.

Next day : At morning : SPACE HOSPITAL 

M : Nandini...

Nandini turns and finds Manik running towards her...

N : Its Dr.Murthy for you.

M(Groans) : Fine. Dr. Murthy I want to assist you in your lab. Can I ?

N : I think I told you crystal clear yesterday only. 

M : please?

N : Huh. See I like to work alone. Even my friends are not allowed in that lab. So just drop this idea Mr.Malhotra.

M : But...

N : I have to attend some patients now. 

With this Nandini leaves...

Manik also gets busy in his work on 6th floor.

At night Nandini comes out from of her lab at 9:30 pm. She is pulled in a dark corner by a hand while she was heading towards the lift. She starts screaming...

M : Relax. Its me.

N : What is this non sense Mr. Malhotra.

M : Are we still on this last name basis?

Nandini just glares at him...

M : For your kind information, Hospital hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

N : So what ?

Manik smirks. He holds Nandini's waist tightly and kisses her cheek. 

N : What the hell.

M(Smirks) : I was just returning the kiss which you gave me last week.

N(Stammers) : What...What are you talking about...

M : Oh please. Don't pretend as if you don't know what I am talking about.Remember Poisoninvy...

N : It was just a dare okay. You. have. nothing. to. do. with. it. I told this on that day itself.

M(Frustrated) : Fine. But I want to work with you. IN YOUR LAB.

N : Why are you so stubborn?

M : So, Are you letting me in ? I mean can I work on 10th floor too?

N : My answer is NO. A big fat NO.

M(Smirking) : Then I will consider that you are intimidated by me. And I guess you can't control yourself around me. The way you came to me in that club justifies it all.

N : Excuse me! YOU.DO.NOT.AFFECT.ME.AT.ALL.

M : Then prove it by allowing me to work with you.

N : Ughhh...

M : What? Are you afraid Dr. Murthy? Wanna complain Aryaman?

Chuckles.

N(Gritting her teeth) : Fine. We will work together. In my lab. Neither I'm afraid nor I'll go to Aryaman. See you tomorrow 5 pm sharp in my lab.

 M : I'll  be there. 

N : But wait. What work are you going to do in my lab? I don't perform blood test or urine tests there. It's a special oncology research laboratory.

M : I know that. And that is the main reason I want to work with you.

N : You mean for cancer research?

M : Exactly.

N : Fine then. But I would suggest you to maintain professionalism. 

M(Smirking) : Although I wish to do a lot of things with you, for the time being working in the lab will do.

Nandini royally ignores Manik's snarky remark and heads towards the lift. Manik too follows her.

In the lift :

N : By the way , What were you doing in my lab that day?

M(Flirting) : What if I say I was waiting for you only...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So How is it?

Do vote and comment.

Inline comments will be cherry on the cake!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 3.6K 14
The story of MANIK - THE INNOCENT , NAIVE MALHOTRA (OR IS HE ) and NANDINI THE ARROGANT, SPOILT MURTHY (OR IS SHE)??? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY MEET...
8.4K 882 29
A member of the mafia, Nawab, falls prey to the temptation of wooing a woman during a mission outside Mumbai. Under the identity of Manik Malhotra, h...
409K 16.7K 48
Manik and Nandini both belong to different worlds yet are in love with each other. They love too soon and marry but make it their little secret. what...
846K 62.9K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...