When it Rains | Daniel Riccia...

By kisses1808

Alexia Parks finds herself torn between her familiar boyfriend of the past few years and a new employee of th... More

Chapter 1 - He's coming!
Chapter 2 - An introduction
Chapter 3 - Girl's Night
Chapter 4 - First Race Weekend
Chapter 5 - Wondering Eyes
Chapter 6 - Catch up
Chapter 7 - Group Date
Chapter 8 - Smiling Through It
Chapter 9 - Dirty.Ugly.
Chapter 10 - China?
Chapter 12 - Instigations
Chapter 13 - Always a Victim
Chapter 14 - Little Comforts
Chapter 15 - Brotherly Love
Chapter 16 - Sorry For Living
Chapter 17 - Longing
Chapter 18 - Instant Regret
Chapter 19 - Salty
Chapter 20 - Wine Time
Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change
Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain
Chapter 24 - The Rain in Spain Pt 2
Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3
Chapter 26 - Take it in
Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins
Chapter 28 - Cassandra
Chapter 29 - Sickly Sweet
Chapter 30 - Disclosure
Chapter 31 - A Date?
Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market
Chapter 33 - Red, Red Wine
Chapter 34 - Sparks Fly
Chapter 35 - Begin Again
Chapter 36 - None Of Your Business
Chapter 37 - Reassurance
Chapter 38 - A Day Out
Chapter 39 - Something Brewing
Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble
Chapter 41 - Toil & Trouble

Chapter 11 - Anticipation

3.1K 44 7
By kisses1808

Last night was good, we spent a good couple hours rolling around in the sheets. As I said before, that's never been our problem. This morning is going to be rough I have to stop by the office to get some things along with Ryan's pass and plane tickets. He'll only be joining us in China on Friday. He couldn't get off work in time, but he really wanted to come and I'm really happy he's coming. He loves Formula 1 and I'm sure the guys will entertain him while I'm busy with work things.

I drop by Jen's office and collect Ryan's documents we agree to meet at the airport at 12pm, I stop by Cyril's office but he was in a meeting so I collect my work laptop and get back home to pack.

Before home I run to the grocery store to pick up some meals for Ryan, lord knows where he'd be without me. I get home and start packing my toiletries. It's been a good three weeks since the fight happened and the marks have almost completely disappeared. I have no marks on my neck so that means I don't have to live in polar necks and long sleeves anymore. The bruise on my collarbone is a light yellow and should be gone by the weekend. Yay me!

I pack three nice outfits for the events we have planned along with the team dinner and maybe a sneaky date with Ryan while we're abroad together. I check the time and it's almost 11pm, geez time flew this morning. I quickly jump in the shower and opt for something comfy as usual. A white pair of tracksuit pants, white seekers and a black gym top.

I'm waiting with Jen at our gate and they finally call our flight, it was delayed 45 minutes and we were getting ants in our pants. Mike was salty about me not sitting with him, but I promised to swop that coffee I owe him for a drink this weekend which seemed to make him happy.

We sat down and organized our overhead luggage. While we were waiting to take off my phone buzzed. Probably Jamie telling me to message him when we're down safe. I pull it out from my pocket.

1 New Message - Daniel

Looking forward to seeing you, fly safe x

I smile like a schoolgirl getting a text from her crush, I am actually looking forward to seeing him it's been a while. I also realize a second later that we won't really get to spend any time together with Ryan coming and I feel sort of guilty and disappointed.

"Who's got you smiling like a kid on Christmas morning? Is that the man at home?" Jen leans over to check my screen and I pull it away before.

"It's Dan, actually," I say simply. She looks at me as if I just grew a second head.

"Hmm. Just Dan, you say... Actually, this brings up the thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Fuck what now, not sure if I'm ready to hear this. "Please. Continue."

"Don't be mean. I just have a musing I'd like to bring to your attention."

"By all means.." I say rolling my hand for her to continue. She always makes these things drag on.

"Okay well, when we all went out and Daniel mentioned things were complicated and Nico said he was distracted... well you were kind of the distraction that night and I might be overstepping by saying this, but you might be the complication as well."

"Don't be ridiculous Jen, Daniel knows I'm in a relationship and he respects that. We're just friends." Why would she even say that? We are just friends right, there's nothing more going on between us.

"I didn't say that to hurt you Lexi, it was just something I picked up on and want you to be careful with. Judging by your reaction to his text I made the right decision." She's got those mothering eyes. I know she means no harm and that she's looking out for me, but she's seeing things from an outside perspective without the full picture.

"Jen, I appreciate your concern, but Dan and I are just friends. If it will make you feel better I'll ask him about it." Regretting those words as they came out of my mouth.

"No need babe, just be careful. I know you and Ryan are having some issues and any girl would be dumb not to fall into the arms of a gorgeous Italian."

"I know Jen poo, thank you. But like I said. nothing to worry about."

We spent the rest of the flight watching movies and laughing. When we landed Renault had a branded car waiting for us. We settled in our rooms which weren't next to each other, unfortunately. I unpacked everything and took a nice long hot bath. I hadn't replied to Dan yet so now seemed to be a good time. I reached over to the counter and retrieved my phone. I messaged Ryan and Jamie letting them know I was here and safe and started typing to Daniel.

Hi, here safe. Looking forward to seeing you too

And then deleted it.

Hey Dan. This weekend should be fun

Deleted it

Daniel is online

Daniel is typing...

Shit

You going to send that text or just writing the next great English/South African novel? 😉

He's got me laughing again, smart ass!

The second one...

- LOL. What you up to? You just landed yeah?

Yeah, I've unpacked and entering my 2nd hour of a delicious bubble bath

- Fine choice of words there kid, rough day?

Pfft, kid? I'm only three years younger than him. Definitely something he has picked up from Nico and my brother...

Not too bad, just busy. What time do you get here tomorrow?

- 8am. Nice and fresh. I'm exhausted though, my trainer has been taking his breakup out on me in the gym

Sucks to be you😋 You won't be getting it any easier from me, I hope you know. We have you completely booked up for signings

- I prefer to be busy

Know the feeling

I waited for a while, but he didn't reply. Probably fell asleep or something. I got out of the bath and dried my hair. Got into bed with my laptop. Not before long I jumped awake with my laptop falling onto the floor.

I checked the time on my phone to see that it was past 1am in the morning. But also

1 New Message - Daniel

Get some sleep, see you in the morning x

I woke up feeling refreshed. This is going to be a good day I say to myself. It was 10am and I had overslept, well according to my schedule I have. I wanted to have a good breakfast since I hadn't eaten anything the day before, being in such a rush. I called Jen and told her we could meet for supper, she agreed and said that Jerome had a lot for her to work through with Cyril today so it fitted her plans just fine.

I got up and curled my hair slightly, put on a green summer dress and white sneakers. My bruise was still showing so I pulled a demi jacket on which hid the mark but didn't suffocate me in this heat.

I had put my backpack over my shoulder and was just about to walk out when a knock on the door had me do a strange jump back. I opened the door and saw none other than the HULK!

"Nic! You half scared me to death. I was on my way out. Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to visit my best girl, see if you wanted to catch an early lunch to catch up."

"Actually, I was going to run out and check the venue for tonight's meet up. I'd love to eat something though. Didn't get a chance yesterday."

He closed the door behind me and put his arm around my shoulders. "You didn't eat all day yesterday? I should put you over my knee."

"Ew. Nic that's so weird coming from you. Don't ever say anything like that again."

"What, like you wouldn't enjoy calling me daddy?" he reached back and smacked my butt.

"Ah no! Nico, have you lost your mind?"

I smacked him upside the head and pushed him into the open elevator. "You dork."

"You love me! So, can I come with?"

"Yeah I do and yes you can, but you should probably alert your PR officer, there might be a few stray fans waiting in line."

"I love my fans, but I'll tell her."

"Good, so how've you been? Seeing any beautiful blonde french girls?"

"Nope, not since the last one"

"You still talk to Egle?"

"Every now and then, but nothing has changed in our personal lives, I'm enjoying being single."

"That's good, sometimes I wish I was single, things would be a lot simpler."

"Are we allowed to talk about this now or is it just you?"

"I'm sorry, I was worked up and I felt cornered, Daniel shouldn't have told you behind my back."

We exit the elevator and out of the hotel, the shopping centre where the signing was being held was just down the road.

"Yeah, I know. The guy cares about you though, he was really worried. Glad he found out after the race though."

"Yeah, me too." I ignored the rest of his statement, no need to fuel Jen's crazy fire.

We walked around the centre, Nico didn't go unnoticed, being that he is a damn tall blonde model walking around with his Dekra cap. Dork. I told him not to wear it but he didn't care, I loved watching him with his fans. He took a photo with each one and listened to all their Chinglish stories. Him being German made it even harder for him to understand but he never made any of them feel bad. We got some coffee and a tub of chicken chow mein. I love this stuff, it's so good in China!

After heading back to the hotel to fetch my work gear, I stopped at Daniel's room to call him for the signing. Nico was already with him so I didn't have to make an extra stop. "Come on boys, it's time! Dan, you got your Renault gear?"

"Well hello to you too beautiful! I'm fully kitted out and ready for the fans!"

"Hi", I smile and accept his hug. "Sorry to rush, but we're late and I've got a dinner date tonight." To be honest, I was rushing to get the whole greeting Daniel out of the way. Hugging him was like finding my shelter in the rain. I need to stop, this is Jen's fault. Putting all those ideas in my head. I need to focus. Be present.

"Ohh... Dinner ey? Who's the manstress." Nico cuts in.

"The hell is a 'manstress'?"

"Like a mistress but for girls... Anyways I thought Ryan was only coming in tomorrow?"

I look over to Dan who decided to be busy a moment later, pretending not to listen. Idiot

"Yeah, he is. I'm going out with Jen."

"Oh that's nice," ohhhh now he's listening.

"Yup, he's going to enjoy this weekend. He loves F1 and I expect you two to keep him busy when I'm working - if it doesn't include you that is." I look at them expectantly.

"Of course we will, he's gonna love it!"

Nico replied. Daniel plead the 5th.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 4.7K 126
Alex is a young girl brought up around formula one. There's trauma and heartbreak in her life. She lands a job with the McLaren team and travels the...
26.7K 623 36
Sydney only ever wanted to attend one F1 Grand Prix. She figured she'd fly over, support her brother in his race, and be on her way. That would have...
62.8K 2.2K 52
𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗔 π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—Ÿπ—˜ | π—¦π—²π—Ύπ˜‚π—²π—Ή 𝗧𝗼 π—žπ—²π—²π—½ 𝗠𝗲 π—œπ—» 𝘈𝘯π˜₯, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 π˜‹π˜’π˜―π˜ͺ𝘦𝘭. 𝘈𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘨𝘩...
269K 6.1K 57
Working alongside your enemy.. what could possibly go wrong there? he's also the best friend of your best friend..? sounds good to me ;) a story full...