Unprofessional! (Professional...

By GiexesAdris

A series of short stories about Glynda, James Ironwood, (y/n) (l/n) and his twin Gail (l/n) and their school... More

Mission Accomplished
It's a Trick...

We Want to Break Free

1.2K 28 9
By GiexesAdris

(y/n) POV

"aT fIrSt I wAs AfRaId, I wAs PeTrIfIeD!" I sang in front of the electric-fan as I held it with my hands like a mic-stand, letting my voice distort on the wind as its blade rotated with great torque, my bed was my stage "ThInKiNg I cOuLd NeVeR lIvE wItHoUt YoU bY mY sIdE!"

Just as I was approaching the best part, the door suddenly opens. My twin sister and her partner, James Ironwood had suddenly entered the room. Coming home from Gail's shopping spree, James had his hands filled with bags and boxes while Gail held a single plastic with the logo of a fast-food restaurant.

And they just stood there... looking at me... judging me...

It was a full minute before James entered and broke the silence.

"Bored?" he asked as he put down the numerous bags on my sister's bed.

"vErY"

"Hold on" my sister smiling as usual "I'm gettin' myself one" and she left with haste.

I turned off the fan and put it down in place, as James took off his shoes and massaged his feet I asked "So... how was shopping with my sis??? Was it fun?"

I smiled, finally having someone to talk to.

"Your sister is crazy"

"Hah! Tell me about it..." in my head, I tried guessing what she possibly did this time. With James accompanying her, she probably toned it down...

"She challenged a lady to a dance battle!" he screamed eyes wide in disbelief, his lips slightly curving up.

"Well that's not too bad right?"

"It was a SENIOR CITIZEN!" his shoulders limped, he stared at me waiting for my response.

"Ohhh... let me guess, she did that wheelchair move" his only reply was fierce nodding that made him look like he was banging his head "But you still didn't answer my question, you had fun didn't ya"

He sighed, scratching the side of his face, looking away, he continued to nod albeit more reluctantly.

"But I'm just saying as well" he looked at me straight in the eyes "You need to put a leash on your sister..."

"Nah, she likes that"

Suddenly, Gail slams the door open, carrying a metal box around her arm "Oh yeah!" she screamed.

"An air conditioning unit!?" I stood up in shock, reaching for my electric-fan.

"Yep!" she raised her thumb at me "Let's do this!"

"Where'd you even get that?" James asked, tired and probably a bit used to Gail's antics.

"You wouldn't wanna know..."

"Sis!" I said, slamming the electric-fan to the floor like a staff "It's not gonna work with an air conditioning unit..."

"Well it will once I put it into..." she plugged it in, turning the dial to 11 "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!"

She laid her head in front of its vents and the moment we heard it turn on...

"Ahhh... this isn't so bad after a long day~" the cold air went into her face and chilled her out, slowly refreshing her from her long day of shopping. James and I were also beginning to feel the cold air...

"Hey bro~" she said, sitting down on the floor, her head resting upon the air conditioning unit "Where's Glynda?"

"I think she's by the library studying" I said, looking back at the two of them. We just stood there and looked at each other for a while, not having anything better to do.

"Gail" James walked over towards her, hands on his waist "Your face will get frozen..."

"Worth it~" she yawned "Where ya' going?"

Just as I was about to go for the door and take my abrupt leave, I turned to my sister who was also inviting James to lay his face on the air conditioning unit "Gonna disturb Glynda"

"Take the food then! We don't need it" I took the small plastic bag and opened it to be greeted with burgers and fries.

"Nice, BYE!!"

I ran towards the library, leaving my sister and James sleeping with their heads on top of an air conditioning unit.

Glynda POV

"Quit staring (y/n)" I said looking at him over the book I was just reading, the body of the book covering my entire face save my eyes. The thick textbook detailing the numerous discovered types of Grimm "You need to lose that habit of staring at other people"

"Does it help if I tell you that habit is exclusive to you?" he leaned forward, a smug look on his face.

"No, that's creepy" putting the book down "Why are you here anyway?"

"Snacks!" from under the table, he raised up his hand holding a plastic bag with a logo of a plastic bag "C'mon..." he said as he started swinging the bag at my face.

"Fine (y/n)! Stop! I'm going" I said standing up and pushing the bag away. He also stood up, waiting for me to walk beside him.

We made our way by the garden outside, I sat down on one of the wooden benches while (y/n) went to one of the vending machines and bought some snacks.

A large tree stood tall and mighty at the center, the sun had already dipped on the horizon dyeing the blue sky with red and orange hues signaling its goodbye. The stars one by one blinked into existence as night slowly came, welcoming the broken moon.

"KYAH!"

Suddenly, something wet and cold touched the back of my neck causing me to jolt and reach out for it. Feeling the cold plastic bottle suddenly slip from my fingers, I looked up to see (y/n) holding it.

"You don't have to do that" I snatched it away from his hands.

"I know, it's just more fun that way" he sat down beside me, opening his own drink "So why're you studying? Hell week hasn't come out yet..."

I opened my own, taking a gulp from it "Nothing... I've just been thinking about something..." the sweet taste of the iced tea and slight bitterness refreshed me.

"Ohhh... do tell" I looked at him as he was looking at me, the smug look on his face now replaced with one that seemed more sincere.

"You're not going to tease me about it?" he answered with a nod "What's going on?"

"What? You're serious about this!" he looked away for a moment, looking at the tree then reaching for the bag and taking a burger "I can't joke about that"

"(y/n) I'm always serious"

"Not like this..."

We sat there, letting the silence speak of how sincere (y/n) is. If he hasn't said a joke or attempted to pull a prank, then maybe he is serious...

"I'll take your word" I looked at the skies which had now turned dark "I've just been thinking about the future. Where my place would be... I mean thinking back on how much we've been through... We'll be graduating soon and then, a new beginning..."

"Oh, fries?" I looked at him, both of us having a serious face. He handed me the bag filled with fries. I accepted with a brow raised before I continued.

"Thanks" I took one and continued after swallowing the crisp fry "I don't know... Guess I've just been reflecting a lot on everything that's going on right now and... the incoming future"

"Cool, ketchup with that?" I looked back to see him offering a packet of ketchup.

"No, are you even listening?" I asked him.

"Yeah, the past and future and all that stuff. I get ya' I've been there" he took another large bite out of his burger, the cheese and tomatoes shifting inside "Just can't monologue with an empty stomach. Continue"

"Ugh, (y/n)! It's just that..." I looked at him, putting down my food and drink "Why are you here (y/n)? And, do you think you lived up to what you wanted to be in the past?"

"Why I'm here huh?" he finished his food and looked up, his eyes gazing through the night "Well, you know where my sis and I came from right?"

I nodded.

"Outside the kingdoms, it's kill or be killed, luckily we were taken in by a tribe. It wasn't much compared here but it was good enough. We were young when the Grimm attacked, luckily a huntsman saved us... got us in an orphanage but that didn't last long as well. Too many kids were being brought in, the place practically collapsed on itself. Had to live off the streets, steal to eat, eat to steal; spy this person, spy that. Got ourselves in more trouble than any kid in the block"

I looked on, his eyes glossing as he looked back at the past.

"But we were still kids, afraid of those Grimm... we wanted to get stronger, be strong enough to protect ourselves, strong enough to finally end all our troubles and just settle down... So, we decided to train as huntsmen. We don't have a just reason when we decided to come here, we just wanted to be strong enough to finally settle down..."

He turned his eyes towards me.

"How about you? Why're you here?"

"I just... just want to do good" I said, knowing how simply it is for me "All my life I've seen news of people losing their lives and families and I just wanted that to stop. So I went here and decided to train and protect the people. I had a really good childhood, and I want every child to have the same childhood as I did and every parent to be with their children... I just want to protect this good world. I know it's a simple one but that's all there is really to it"

"Heh, that's great" he took a sip from his drink before he continued "That's the best reason there is: you want to do good all because it's the right thing to do. I mean, me in the past, if I had settled down then I really wouldn't care less about the world"

"But now?"

"Eh, guess I've changed... my sis and I... our lives before, completely gone. I think we have a different reason now" as he nodded on his own words he said "Yeah, we've changed... and I wouldn't have it any other way"

A smile soon snuck into my face as he smiled back at me. I felt fine now, much more confident than before. Things will change, time will pass, but that's what you need to grow.

"You've changed for the better huh? I don't know... I have feeling the inside is pretty much the same"

"Yeah-yeah shut up" he said as he stood up, crumpling the paper which wrapped his burger into a ball and shooting it inside the trashcan "You're the one with all the drama..."

I followed his example, throwing my now empty bottle of iced tea to the trashcan...

Only to miss...

"..." (y/n) stared at me, judging me with a blank face.

"Not a word (y/n)"

"Okay... I'm too disappointed at you to say anything anyway..."

Soon while we were talking, we realized how late it is and decided to come back to our dorm room. Gail was the one in charge of cooking today. When we got into the dorm room, we took a moment at the door before entering...

"LAdY iN rEeEeEdD!" James sang as he held an electric fan in front of his face like it was a microphone, an air conditioning unit was on the floor...

"Is dancing with me!" we heard Gail sing along with him from the kitchen.

"Cheek to cheek" (y/n) sang with, a huge goofy smile on his face, his hand balled up as if he's really feeling the song, his other hand pointed up at James.

"Really James?" I asked as we sat down on our own beds.

"What? (y/n) started it"

I looked at (y/n) to see him nod in pride.

"Next song please!" Gail screamed from the kitchen, the smell of rice overtaken by fried fish wafted over to us.

"Any request from the chef?" (y/n) asked.

1 Minute later...

(y/n) tapped the wooden table as we sang...

"I want to break free!" Gail sang as she served us our food on the table, she slid on through the floor with the plate of fish on her hand.

"I want to break free!" we continued as our head bobbed to the beat.

Looking at all our smiling faces, made me realize that nothing much has changed for me, truly the inside is still pretty much the same.

"I want to break free from your lies, you're so self satisfied I don't need you!" the twins sang on.

This is what I want to protect.

"I've got to break free!" James sang.

And the future will come, but for now, the present is what matters...

"God knows!" we all sang together "God knows I want to break free!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Add in STRQ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
88.4K 4.9K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
261K 8.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
314K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc