Her Cruel Mate

By MissieA

Annabel Hastings never paid any attention to the topic of mates. So imagine her surprise when the cruel Alpha... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Authors Note
sequel

Chapter 11

369K 13.4K 2.8K
By MissieA

Ari wouldn't stop fidgeting. That much was obvious. Beta Jay, who by the way, found us was leading us back to my mates house. When he had found us, I had slightly begged and pleaded for him not to tell him but he shook his head giving me a sympathetic look before sending a cold glare at Ari. I had returned the same glare to him but he didn't see it or he did but wanted to ignore me.

We were being accompanied by two other guards who were on guard duty. I felt pretty embarrassed because whether or not I liked being the Alphas mate, I know I still have to act as a leader. And being caught was just plain embarrassing.

When Beta Jay mind linked my mate, I could feel his anger through the mind link. By the way Ari continuously fidgeted, I also knew she could feel his anger in powerful waves. And I felt extremely responsible for that. But my wolf was telling me it was manly Ari's fault.

As we neared his home, his scent became stronger by the second. I had to get a grip on myself seeing as I'm almost falling apart here. Even though we've had countless arguments, I felt as if this was going to be the worse one yet.

By the time the house came into view, I was scared out my wits. I did not know what to say to him that might get him to calm down. While I was in deep thought of what I could say, an angry growl startled me.

I glimpsed quickly at my seething mate who was standing in front of me. Why was I so quickly being thrown into the dump? I glanced at Jay for help but from one glance at him, I knew he wasn't planning on coming for my rescue.

"Why can't you behave yourself?!" I knew better than to answer him at this point. "You should know not to leave the borders!"

I was currently scratching my knuckles trying to forget about the people around me, but as I did this Alpha Thaddeus must have remembered. He turned to the Beta and the other guards. "You're all dismissed."

Without another word, they shuffled away trying to get away from the awkward atmosphere. Only Ari stayed behind though. And she was currently tugging nervously on her hair.

"Did you not just hear me? Leave, I will deal with you tomorrow," he didn't have to repeat himself because she was already squirming away.

Alpha Thaddeus' cold eyes glared daggers into my head, while I continued scratching my knuckles and staring at the ground.

"Dammit, what did I do to get a childish mate," he mumbled to himself. I snapped my head up to glare at him feeling my anger and blood rise up to the point where I thought I would explode.

"I'm being childish?!" I screamed earning another cold stone glare from him. I didn't care that we were still outside and that everyone must still be sleeping. He needed to hear me out this time."I'm being childish? Says the big angry Alpha who won't accept his mate!"

He clenched his fists stalking closer to me. Before he could slip his two cents in, I continued.

"You are the childish one here. You can't accept the fact that fate put us together! You can't change it, for goodness sake! Yes, I did something I wasn't suppose to do. Yes, I should have told you about it but I didn't. Because I wanted to actually do something!" I stopped there to collect my breath turning my back to him. I didn't want to look at him at all and see his reaction.

"If you want to do something then you can go help at the pack house; the cooks need some help."

Before thinking, I turned and with my palm out, almost slapped him, if my actions were faster. He gripped my wrist with his hand painfully digging into my skin. "Stop," I grit out through my clenched teeth. "Stop you're hurting me!"

As if I was on fire, he quickly let go and moved back. I stared down at my wrist where his fingers were just on. My wrist was throbbing painfully and slight red lines were very visible. I held my wrist and glared hatefully at the man I never want to speak to again after my last words to him.

"I hate you," I spat out noticing some type of emotion in his eyes. Was he hurt I had said that? I don't know the answer to that because I didn't linger to find out. Turning on my heel, I sped away from him and his house, and headed for the trees.

He didn't follow.

-

I stretched out my muscles as the morning sun rays hit my eyes. My position on the low tree branch I decided to sleep in was very uncomfortable but I wasn't planning on going back inside. I turned my head when something caught my eyes. How had I not noticed this?

A small blue blanket lay rested over my legs. Who put it there? I had a small suspicion of who it was but I quickly dismissed the thought. I doubt he would do it I thought bitterly.

Sighing, I returned to my position before my stomach growled. Letting out an irritated sigh, I got up and dragged myself and the blanket towards the house.

I stood outside the door but then remembered that he skips breakfast, so my nerves went away.

Too bad I was wrong.

I saw him before I picked up his scent. He was pacing back and forth at the top of the stairs when I scrolled in. He noticed my presence and stopped the pacing; he just watched me.

A minute passed of just staring at each other until he coughed awkwardly. Not really knowing what to do, I scurried towards the dining room. I collapsed onto a chair and took a deep breath in, trying to control my nerves. Why was my heart racing in my chest?

A hand suddenly appeared in front of my face.  I jumped and glanced from the hand to the head of the body. I was completely startled when a lady, no older than fifty, stood before me with a worried expression on her face.

I scrambled backwards, completely forgetting about the chair and toppled over.

I let out a scream and closed my eyes just as I was about to hit the ground. But mere inches from the ground, the chair stopped and my screaming slowly went to a 'huh?'

I reopened my eyes to see my mate leaning above me. His dark eyes staring straight into my own eyes made me shiver. I removed my gaze from him remembering that I was suppose to be mad at him. He placed both legs of the chair on the ground before glancing quickly at the lady who was still in the room.

"This is Mary," his husky voice made me tense up. "She will be here instead of Arianna for a short period."

I nodded not even understanding what he was saying, but he took this as a sign to leave the room. Mary, gave me a small smile.

"I apologize Luna,-" she began but I stopped her by shaking my head.

"It's OK, and please don't call me Luna," I replied. She shot me a confused look but nodded, letting me exhale gratefully.

"I will go bring out the food," she murmured before leaving the room and coming back a short moment later with large platters of food. I inhaled the delicious aroma that surrounded me the minute she came back.

"Is that all you need for now?" I nodded and said a quiet thank you letting her leave. I glanced around the empty dining room before slowly going back to eating.

But a few moments later something happened.

The seat in front of me was empty. But then Alpha Thaddeus was somehow now sat in front of me.

My mouth dropped open and I was left flabbergasted. He didn't notice as he was too busy piling his plate with some bacon and other sorts. When he was finally done, he glanced up at me taking in my expression. I quickly looked away when our eyes connected.

I continued eating but slower this time as I thought of reasons why he would be doing this.

Maybe he's just hungry? Or maybe this is his way of apologizing and showing he cares about me? No, I'm just thinking too much into this.

Throughout the whole entire ten minutes we sat there, I was sneaking glances at him, hoping he wouldn't notice me checking him out.

After we were both done, the real shock came.

"Would you like to accompany me to a meeting?" I almost choked on my own saliva. I glanced up at him only to realize that he was being serious. And he looked very nervous but hid it when he found me watching.

"You want me to go with you?" He looked uncomfortable but none other than that, he answered me.

"You said you wanted to do something and this is it."

A blush took over but I looked away from him. "Now?"

"Yes."

And that was how I found myself walking towards the same building I walked into, the day before. But this time it was different. I had Alpha Thaddeus standing next to me. When we both walked inside everyone stopped what they were doing to bow their heads and say their good morning greetings to him. I hadn't really expected them to say anything to me but when some turned to me and did the same thing, I was beyond shocked. Alpha Thaddeus didn't let me dwell on it, because he was already leading the way.

When we walked inside the meeting room, all chatter disappeared and I was met with an awkward silence. Alpha Thaddeus walked to the head chair and sat down while I lingered by his side.

A man nearby immediately stood and offered his chair. I accepted and watched as he sat elsewhere. My mates voice placed my attention back to him.

I glanced at him, watching the way he spoke and the way all eyes were on him and no one dare interrupt. Maybe I'd love coming to these meetings.

Or maybe I just should have done what he said in the beginning, and just help the cooks at the pack house because what I thought would be a normal meeting, turned out to be much more.

Comment. Vote. Fan.

~MissieA out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 2.2K 23
COMPLETED {highest rank #336 in alpha, #88 in pack, #115 in daughter} "You. You're nothing like what I've been told my whole life. You're kind and ge...
140K 4.3K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
1.9K 96 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...
246K 8.3K 25
| Highest Ranking #47 in Werewolf | Riley Cole is the omega of her pack. Though she is constantly doubted and mistreated due to her weak ranking, she...