Ten Minutes Ago: A Sander Sid...

By Alena_exe

Cover art by: Adrian on amino Ever since Virgil's father passed away and he's had to serve his step father Re... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: New Family
Chapter 2: The Crash
Chapter 3: The Funeral
Chapter 4: Life
Chapter 5: School
Chapter 6: Lunch
Chapter 7: The Deal
Chapter 8: A Problem
Chapter 9: A Terrible Turn of Events
Chapter 10: The Fairy Arrives
Chapter 11: A Night We'll Never Forget
Chapter 13: A Lovely Morning
Chapter 14: An Awkward Ride
Chapter 15: An Announcement
Chapter 16: Trapped
Chapter 17: The Plan
Chapter 18: The Escape
Chapter 19: The Shoe Fits
Epilogue
(bonus) Scrapped Ideas

Chapter 12: Back to Reality

1.2K 53 76
By Alena_exe

I threw open the door and began running as fast as possible back to my house, having a small mental breakdown at the same time. Patton ran behind me yelling for me to slow down.

"VIRGIL! Wait up! I'm slow!" He yelled from behind me. I turned around, grabbed Patton by the arm, and continued running. Eventually, we reached my house and ran inside. I ran to the basement, grabbed my hoodie and put it on, hearing a car pull into the driveway. I ran back upstairs and told Patton to hide so he jumped out the window and into a nearby bush.

"Ow-!" I hear him squeak before quieting down. I zipped up my hoodie and ran to the kitchen, grabbed my step family's favorite foods and set them on the counter. I quickly opened a cabinet and threw flour on my face to make it seem like I had been home all night cooking. I heard the front door open.

"Paranoia!!" Remus's voice echoed through the house and I quickly turned around.

"Heeey! I made you some food for when you got back." I gestured towards the deodorant on the counter, as well as the coffee and chocolate covered crickets.

"Oh thank god! I'm starving because of that asshole at the dance!" Deceit yelled as he grabbed his crickets and begins eating.

"What asshole?" I questioned quietly.

"After we got to the dance, this guy walked in. He looked like absolute trash! He looked so bad that everyone was staring at him. He marched his way over to the food table and just started chowing down on all the food. Roman, the poor dear, went over to stop him so the rest of us could have some food. He offered to dance with the pig to get him away from the table. So they dance and this clumsy fuck falls on his ass and runs away. Roman chases him to, I'm assuming, yell at him for being so weird."

"Really? Wow! Sounds terrible." I had to stop myself from smiling.

"It WAS terrible! Poor Roman must be mortified from the experience." Remy spoke up.

"Actually it looked like they were having a good time dancing until you s-"

"Shut up Remy! Nobody asked you!" Deceit interrupted. Remy looked mildly annoyed, grabbed his coffee, and walked to his room.

"Now now Deceit, off to bed with you." Deceit rolls his eyes and walks to his room. Remus turns to me. "As for you Para- wait. Why is your hoodie zipped up? You never zip your hoodie up."

"Uh-I. . . it's really cold..."

". . . alright then." Remus shrugged and walked to his room. Patton knocked on the window and I let him inside. We changed back into our normal clothing and walked back outside for some much need rest and relaxation. We sat on the front porch with a sigh as rain began to lightly fall. It's Patton who brakes the silence between us.

"So?"

"So. . . what?"

"How was your dance with Roman?"

"It was nice. He was super sweet and kind." I smiled a bit before changing the subject. "And what was going on with you and Logan? You seemed to be having fun." I smirked. His face went dark red.

"Well, we just started talking and we really hit it off."

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I said sarcastically.

"Oh hush!" He playfully nuged me. Patton reached over and brushed the flour off my face. I decided to inform him about the mess that his hair was.

"You've got sticks in your hair." I chuckle.

"Is it a good look on me?"

"Nope." I stuck out my tounge and began plucking the twigs out. Our banter was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. We looked to see who it was and saw Logan and Roman running down the street. Roman was carrying my Ipod and Logan had Patton's glasses. They were running in the rain and soaking wet. They ran up to us and Roman immediately began talking.

"Have either of you seen two guys in masquerade masks?"

"Uhhhhhh- they went that way." I pointed down the street.

"Thanks. I'll- wait. I recognize you."

"U-uhhhhhh." I began panicking

"You're the boy who I ran into in the hallway."

"O-oh! Yeah! That's me." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well I'd better get going. Try not to run into anyone else, ok?"

"Heh, alright." And with that the two were off on a hunt for the boys that were right in front of them. Once they were far enough away, Patton spoke up.

"Why didn't you tell him!?"

"I dunno. Why didn't you tell Logan?"

"Uhhhhmmm. No reason." I chuckled before standing up and stretching.

"Today was a good day but we should get to bed. We have school tomorrow. Dreams can't last forever and we have to go back to reality eventually."

"Goodnight Virgil." Patton said in his normally cheery voice.

"Goodnight Pat." I walked into the basement and laid down on my bed, hugging my pillow and smiling to myself as I remembered the beautiful night I just had. My daydreaming was interrupted by the sound of the basement door opening.

And who did I see standing there but the coffee king himself, Remy.

"Heeeyy!" He said, seeming more awkward than usual.

I tensed up a little as I fully expected him to start confessing all his pent up feelings but tried my best to act casual "Hi Remy, do you need something?".

"I just wanted to say hi. . . and inform you on something."

"Oh uhm, what is it?" I sat up and faced him.

"Believe it or not I made a new friend at the dance, he was the mystery boy that Janus was talking about and funnily enough I payed very close attention to him all through out the night."

"What?"

"The mystery guy some how knew my name was Remy even though I didn't tell him. He was dressed in purple and black. You also dress in purple and black. He was timid and shy. You're also timid and shy. I used that, along with a few other comparisons, to figure out who this mystery guy was." My eyes widened as a bunch of thoughts rushed through my head.

Does he know? Did he actually figure it out? No, he couldn't have.

"Oh please, that's crazy." I tried my best to laugh it off but it clearly wasn't working.

"Don't play stupid. I know it was you." My brain went into panic mode.

"R-remy please. Think about this. D-don't tell Remus, I'll clean your whole room top to bottom-"

"Why would I tell him?" I froze.

"Because he's your dad and you usually just do what he wants." I said, somewhat unsure.

"Our little talk in the bathroom made me realize just how silly it is for me to want to please them, they will never love me and that's okay, so I might as well do the right thing and not tell." He smirked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Thank you so much!"

"Who else would I do it for other than my favorite brother?"

"Favorite?"

"Well, yeah. Janus is the worst, he bullies me and treats me like trash, you're so nice and actually make me feel like a person!"

"But what about Roman?"

"I have no interest in that guy. I have my coffee."

"Oh-"

"I guess I'll get going then."

"Alright, goodnight Remy." He turned around and began walking opstairs until I got up and stopped him "Remy... I'm sorry for never thanking you for being so nice." he gave me a smirk and smugly replied with a small "Don't worry, I already know that from our little talk.".

As he began leaving he stopped and stared at me "Also sorry about the suit. It looked terrible anyway and the plot needed some drama." He laughed and then walked back upstairs, leaving me confused as all hell. I shrugged and laid down, eventually drifting out of Consciousness.

(Great, now we have to rebuild the fourth wall. Thanks Remy.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 185 14
The Fanders Big Bang story Pairings: Prinxiety, Logicality, possibly more but those are the main ones... Summary: After his first heartbreak, Virgil...
28.8K 1.6K 32
Logan and Patton are the parents of the adopted 3 year old twins Remus and Roman. Dean (Deceit) is a single father of adopted 3 year old Virgil, who...
1.9K 55 14
Virgil believes that he only makes Thomas's life worse. He doesn't eat because he doesn't think he deserves it. Roman makes it his mission and help V...
18.5K 1.2K 23
Virgil and Roman's friendship had been complicated since the beginning, assumptions and prejudice having ruled over their relationship all the way in...