๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š, ๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐š—๐š ๏ฟฝ...

By Madame_Diamond

||Ninjago x Reader|| We miss what we've lost, then forget what we have... You have lost your memories, they a... More

Chapter 1: Aches Of Amnesia
Chapter 2: Wandering Days
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl
Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily
Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts
Chapter 7: Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
Chapter 8: King Of Snakes
Chapter 9: Mechanical Heart
Chapter 10: Spark
Chapter 11: Harmonize
Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths
Chapter 13: New Roommate
Chapter 14: Light The Flame
Chapter 15: All Or Nothing
Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer
Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem
Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer
Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom
Chapter 20: What You Have Is What You Need
Chapter 21: Dareth
Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates
Chapter 23: Pirates Vs Ninja
Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie
Chapter 25: Double Trouble
Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run
Chapter 28: Wrong Place
Chapter 29: Wrong Time
Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds
Chapter 31: Stone Army Uprising
Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea
Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm
Chapter 34: Preparation
Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Chapter 36: Countdown
Chapter 37: Loss Of Color
Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era
Chapter 39: Resurgence
Chapter 40: The Silent Fist
Chapter 41: Off The Grid
Chapter 42: Broken Bonds
Chapter 43: Golden Curse
Chapter 44: Digitalize
Chapter 45: Time Spent Together
Chapter 46: Among The Stars
Chapter 47: Titanium Heart
Chapter 48: Clockwork Heart
Chapter 49: Lost And Found
Chapter 50: Outsiders
Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends
Chapter 52: Skepticism
Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game
Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes
Chapter 55: Black And Blue
Chapter 56: The Roundabout
Chapter 57: Nothing To See
Chapter 58: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies
Chapter 60: The Unknown Element
Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie
Chapter 62: Only One Remained
Chapter 63: Stuck In The Present
Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest
Chapter 65: It's A Start In The Right Direction
Chapter 66: Money Under The Table
Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events
Chapter 68: Winds of Change
Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide
Chapter 70: Follow The Wind
Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled
Chapter 72: Stiix and Stones May Break My Bones

Chapter 27: Child's Play

14.5K 526 1.3K
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: Everything Stays
"Go down to the ocean The crystal tide is raising The waters' gotten higher as the shore washes out Keep your eyes wide open, even when the sun is blazin' The moon controls the tide, it can cause you to drown.
Everything stays, right where you've left it Everything stays, but it still changes Ever so slightly, daily and nightly In little ways When everything stays."
~~~

Your Pov:
Sitting on the crimson stairs of the Destiny's Bounty you enjoyed the clear blue skies partaking in your newest library book. When you're reading in these moments of peace the four ninja are training Lloyd.

They always think you don't pay attention to the lessons and have no qualms as long as you don't interrupt. What the primary colored ninja don't realize is that just like the books you read, you're always learning. 

Absorbing knowledge from all sources never hurts.

Glancing at the green ninja he has been distant all morning with a far away look in his innocent eyes. The young green ninja in training looked over the ledge of the bounty.

Children's laughter can be heard echoing from the village below. They played in the streets chasing after a ball unburdened by responsibility.

"I see..." you thought glancing back and forth from Lloyd to the young children. This isn't the first time the green ninja in training has shown a desire to live and act his age.
To be free without the pressure of becoming something greater than himself.

"Lloyd? Lloyd!" Kai snapped the green ninja training out of his daydreaming snapping him back to the lesson. "Concentrate" Kai urged as they continued.

"Now that the bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively, but you'll have to focus" Zane told Lloyd in a kinder tone. "One more time."

"Ah, but we've been training all day..." Lloyd voiced complaining to his teacher and glanced in your direction for help.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father" Cole explained as he turned to the others ordering "Now, into position."

Lloyd did as he was told walking in front of the battle ready ninja letting out a bored yawn as he got into an indifferent fighting pose. 
"Ah, whatever..."  The young green ninja shrugged yawning in a bored tone gesturing for them to strike first.

Kai jumped in the air to kick him but Lloyd easily blocked his foot throwing the fire ninja to the ground. The fire ninja fell backwards sliding on the floor. He looked up at the boy's bored expression with worry noticing something was really off today.

Zane and Jay jumped in the air attacking the green ninja. Lloyd smirked yelling "Ninja go!" He used spinjitzu to jump up and toss both blue and white ninja to the side with ease.

Landing on his feet he didn't realize where Cole was. The earth ninja charged behind the boy sliding across the deck to throw Lloyd off his feet.

The young boy cried out spinning in the air before landing on his stomach with the wind knocked out of him. The ninja gathered around Lloyd as he pulled himself off the floor.

"That was fun. Are we done?" He asked eagerly with something much more interesting in mind to do.

"Oh come on, you're better than this" Jay frowned asking "What's on your mind?"

"Well ah...The latest issue of Starfarer just came out at Doomsday comics and it's a limited run. So if I don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out." He explained truthfully.

"Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the imperial sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out all right, I think I might have my own doomsday!" The boy exclaimed with urgency as it was something important to him.

"The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders. As the green ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold." Kai told Lloyd in a stern but apologetic voice "I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things."

Upon hearing this you felt your nose scrunch up in disgust you put your book down on the stairs. "He is still a kid" you spoke up crossing your arms at the ninja.

Lloyd looked down letting out a deep sigh. He knew of his responsibilities but he is still only one person. Sadly trudging his feet looking out past the railings he watched the other children his age play. You got up from your seat with your arms crossed.

"Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train." he lamented letting out a huff of air in frustration. "It's unfair..."

The ninja didn't say anything to the green ninja. They couldn't say anything that could comfort him as this was reality.

"He's still a growing. There has to be a balance between work and comfort..." You said lowly to the ninja as you stood by the ninja with sympathetic eyes.

They looked at you with hesitation but before anyone could say anything Nya came up to the deck with urgent news. "Guys! There's been a break in at the Ninjago city Museum of History and the security cameras picked up you know who." Nya informed the ninja urgently.

"Garmadon." Cole hissed venom clenching his fist.

"We have to stop him before he uses the mega weapon to start another one of his diabolical plots" Jay declared with urgency.

"Um..." Lloyd caught their attention but sighed already knowing the answer to his question.
"Ugh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go and it's safer if I stay here and train" he rolled his eyes earning a in sync nod in agreement from the four.

Lloyd let out a low dejected sigh as he walked over to you leaning into your side. You unconsciously brought a hand to his head stroking his blonde bowl hair. The two of you watched as the ninja left to go make preparations for their upcoming mission.

Lloyd looked over to the stairs where you had set your book down only for the moment. "What were you reading?" He asked curiously walking over to retrieve the novel.

He squinted his eyes trying to sound out the words slowly before handing it back to you "How do you say this?" You let out a soft chuckle taking the book from him.

"Psychology" you sounded helping the boy pronounce it correctly. "It is the study of the mind and behavior of living beings. Conscious and unconscious feelings and thoughts." you explained allowing him to flip through the book.

"It has really big words...You understand this?" He raised an eyebrow landing on the page explaining short term and long term memory.

"Does this have to do with your memories?" he whispered in your ear with worry. "You said it wasn't bothering you..."

"I'm not bothered. I was more interested in the dream theory section" you explained with a shrug adding "It also doesn't hurt to learn what I can."

"Maybe you should tell the others. Maybe the ninja can help you?" Lloyd brought up adamantly "There's gotta be something we can do for you..." 

Touched by his concern you poked his nose playfully. "My memory loss is no concern when there are more important matters..."

Standing up you gestured for Lloyd to follow as you decided to train the kid with your own moves since he has been asking for more lessons lately.

"What would they do other than look at me with pity?" You thought standing opposite of Lloyd "From what I've gathered you can't fully heal a broken mind..."

With your head blank paying attention to the young green ninja he charged at you in the sparring session. It wasn't even sparring you lightly teased the child avoiding all of his attacks.

From fighting it turned to a game of chase around the deck as you tried lifting that dark stormy cloud over Lloyd's head.

The Bounty dropped the ninja off on the ground where they'll travel the rest of the way on their Ultra Sonic Raider. "We'll meet up at the bounty as soon as we're done" Kai told Nya, Lloyd and you.

"We'll be waiting for your safe return" Nya told her brother as he turned around starting up the vehicles engine. The four sped off in their tank heading for Ninjago city.

Lloyd turned to you and Nya with a sigh "Too old for comic books and too young to fight. When are they gonna make up their minds?"

"It doesn't matter because they aren't here right now" you smirked playfully flipping his green hood over his head and run off.

"Hey!" the green ninja in training shouted running after you having some light playfighting to pass the time.

"Hey! Not the face!" Lloyd shouted in your grasp as you squished his face in your hands.

"Green bean" you let out a small giggle as the girl in red watched from the stairs at the scene chuckling to herself in amusement.

~~~

As you and Lloyd spent the rest of the day pretending to train or playing videogames when no one was watching, the fleeting day turned to dusk. Time always passes when you least expect it.

It had gotten really late and the ninja haven't come back yet. You and Lloyd ate dinner by yourselves as the ninja's food had gone cold. Something must've happened as they would have been back already.

You and the green ninja peaked your heads into the main control room where Nya and Wu were. Still no word from the primary colored ninja. "They'll turn up eventually, we'll look for them in the morning" Sensei Wu reassured the girl in red.

"Still Sensei, I'm worried..." Nya confessed with uneasiness.

Stepping into the room you try to ease her worries. "They probably ran into a small hiccup. It's nothing to worry over they'll come back soon."

Nya gave you a small smile as you and the green ninja excused yourselves heading back to your bed chambers. Opening the door Lloyd walked in front of you running to his bed before plopping down.

He let out a grunt in pain as it wasn't cushioned like a mattress.

"Ow..." he hissed rubbing his forehead as you went over to your bed to settle down for the night. The young green ninja laid on his stomach turning his head watching you get ready for bed. 

"What's the matter?" You glanced up at Lloyd as you took off your boots and set them aside next to your satchel and folded jacket.

"It's stupid..." He grumbled clutching his pillow "I want to help the others but I'm just a kid..."

You stayed quiet letting the young green ninja vent as something was easily tugging at his mind. "I can't help out because I'm a kid yet I have to prepare to fight my father when I'm older" he grumbled before sitting up and tossing his pillow to the side in annoyance.

"I don't even get a say in the matter!" he huffed crossing his arms looking down at his lap.

Frowning you adjusted yourself on your bed before opening your arms beckoning the young green ninja to come over. He let out a deep discouraged sigh as he trudged over plopping down next to you.

You pulled his body down laying him in your lap. "I want to help others and I know this is what's expected of me but..." he sighed trailing off as he enjoyed each gentle stroke of his head.

"You don't want to hurt your father..." You finished as the boy hugged your body letting out a small cry of frustration. Your eyes fixated on his smaller form as you could feel an ache in your chest.

"Yeah..." Lloyd sniffled letting out his emotions as you could only sit there comforting the green ninja in training. You hummed a tune to console him and sure enough his hiccups died down replaced with slow rhythmic breathing.

~~~

Ninja's Pov:
The ninja turned the corner in pursuit of the Serpentine generals that were stealing the golden sarcophagus. The generals struggled ramming a rectangle box into a round hole they ended up ditching it altogether.

"I can't believe we couldn't catch up to them, I'm usually faster than that. It's as if my legs are half the size" Jay said aloud when they peaked around the corner.

"I don't remember that thing being so big" Kai pointed out as he looked at the size of the golden sarcophagus "Did it grow?"

"Or did we shrink?" Zane added in.

"Uh, guys?" Kai pointed across the street at a window which shown their reflections. They looked over at their forms in the reflection noticing a change in their statures.

Jay's eyes widened as he ripped off his hood shouting in horror "We shrunk!"

Kai looked down at his hands in disbelief "W-we're kids!"

The four jumped away screaming in sync from mass shock and confusion in different tones.

"Oh this is bad! This is so bad on so many levels!" Jay ranted freaking out over the phenomenon.

"This is impossible! We must be dreaming Zane! Tell me we're dreaming!" Cole exclaimed looking to the nindroid child.

"I've run diagnostics that show we aren't dreaming, perhaps Garmadon succeeded in turning back the clock. But instead of reviving the Grundal it only affected us" Zane voiced his hypothesis.

"Yeah but nindroids don't turn into kids, explain that genius" Jay growled nudging the ice ninja.

"I've extended my logic parameters but nothing is coming up" Zane replied at a loss of logic.
"This does not compute" The ice ninja frowned as his part of his face let out a spark of blue electricity 

"Okay fine, I get it" Cole started to say taking the lead "We're all in this together."
He faltered letting out a frustrated groan "Ugh I can't be a kid again! I hated being a kid! You can't drive, Nobody listens to you, oh no....bed times!" 

"I told Nya we'd be back at the bounty, I'm sure Sensei will know what to do" Jay tried to soothe everyone's worries that help will arrive soon.

The four watched a cop car drive up with the blue and red lights piercing the darkness as the vehicle halted in front of them. Two cops emerged from the car  "Well, well, what do we have here?" One police officer mused as they got out.

"Looks like we caught the culprits to the museum heist, who would have thought it was just a bunch of brats..." he chuckled in amusement. "What do you have on apple dumpling gang? Pajamas?" The officers laughed in sync.

"These aren't pajamas! We're ninja!" Jay retorted but his high pitched voice didn't make him sound serious at all.

"Yeah, yeah and I'm Santa Claus" the other officer retorted rolling his eyes.

"Ninja! Go!" Kai shouted and tried to do spinjitzu but he tripped and accidentally tossed his brothers onto the roof of the cop car.

"Our spinjitzu doesn't work, we're too small!" Kai told the other three who gave him a 'You don't say?' look.

"Easy kiddo, you're coming with us to the precinct" The officer grabbed Kai and Cole to take them to the back of the cop car.

"Look officers this has been a grand misunderstanding, my friends and I were simply trying to help out-" Kai tried to explain but the officer cut him off.

"You can explain all you want when we take you to the museum to explain why you stole this" The officer replied not hearing a word of their explanation.

"But we didn't steal it" Kai replied defending himself and his brothers.

"Zip it" The officer hissed and both adults threw the four ninja kids into the back of the cop car and drove off.

~~~

Your Pov:
Opening your eyes you felt a sharp pain in your leg as it cramped in your sleep. As you tried moving you could feel a pressure behind your eyes. Your head throbbing with each movement as you adjusted to the light seeping into the room.

You had a deep slumber but it feels as though you were awake the entire time. You couldn't even remember if you had dreams of not.

Shifting around Lloyd was nowhere in sight. He had fallen asleep in your bed last night and you didn't have the heart to move him. So the green ninja slept in your bed with you but it seems he got up extra bright and early.

Heading up to the deck you saw Nya and Sensei Wu talking as Lloyd sat at a shaded table reading a comic book. Enjoying the free time without tough training.

"I fear something horrible has happened to them..." You overheard Sensei Wu voice his concerns as the two looked out over the edge of the bounty.

Taking a seat next to Lloyd handed you his comic book as he took a martial art training book out pretending he wasn't slacking off.

"(Y/n), you're in charge of the bounty while Nya and I have a look around town." Sensei Wu told you putting the trust of the ship into your hands.

You started "reading" the comic book only to glance up slightly nodding "Sounds good, Good luck."

Once Nya and Wu turned away, you handed Lloyd back his comic book while you took out your sketchbook and started drawing the cityscape down below. Taking in the details of Ninjago city into your head.

"Okay Fritz Donnegan, looks like it's gonna be you, me and the imperial sludge" Lloyd said aloud to himself as he started reading his comic book. It was such a nice day to hang outside.

~~~

Ninja's Pov:
"We're sorry for stealing" The three out of four ninja children bowed apologetically.

"But we didn't, I don't understand." Zane whispered only to be shushed by Kai.

"The quicker we get out of here, the faster we can figure out how to return our bodies back to normal" Kai whispered to the nindroid.

Zane nodded in understanding and bowed his head apologetically "I'm sorry for stealing too."

"Thank you little boys for returning the sarcophagus, you did the right thing. But what about the bones?" The museum guy inquired only getting confused glances from the four.

"What bones? We didn't steal any bones" Jay asked raising an eyebrow.

"The Grundal bones" The older man gestured to the empty stand where the skeleton once stood.

"The Grundal bones?" Jay gulped as fear sent a chill down his spine. He spun his head around whispering to the others with a growing fear in his tone "You don't think..."

"It just walked out of here?" Kai finished the blue ninja's sentence.

"Theoretically, it is possible that if Garmadon successfully reversed the years on us, he reversed the years on the Grundal bringing it back to life" Zane explained earning a gasp from the other three ninja.

"You guys have to believe us!" Jay pleaded to the adults for help. "The Grundal's been brought back to life, and it's on the loose. It's sole existence is to hunt ninja, and as long as we're here, everyone's at risk!" He exclaimed only earning laughs from the three adults at his antics.

"We'll keep a good lookout for anything that goes bump in the night okay? Now you four sit still until we call your parents to pick you up" The police officer stated sitting the four on a bench before leaving.

"We've gotta get out of here" Cole pressed his brothers a class of kids passed by them.

They glanced at the passing children, Kai hatching a plan in his mind.
"Follow my lead boys" He whispered to them standing up and following after them. The four blended in with the other children secretly snatching pieces of clothing to hide in plain sight.

They put on the clothes following the class until the exit was within reach.
"Oh this is so humiliating" Jay complained tugging at the baby blue butterfly shirt he wore.

"I'm afraid if we can't use our spinjitzu, we'll be no match for the Grundal" Zane calculated their position with a low percentage of this ending in their favor.

"Then we have to get back to the bounty" Kai urged as the exit was within sight. They ran past the class heading out the door to the city streets.

~~~

Your Pov:
Lloyd was playing some videogames in the county's control room with you sitting at his side reading his Starfarer comic out of curiosity. The phone on the table started to ring and Lloyd was struggling between taking the call and playing his game.

Getting up you grabbed the phone allowing the young boy to continue and enjoy his game.
"Destiny's Bounty, (Y/n) speaking?" You said into the phone as you held it to your ear.

"(Y/n)! It's Jay! Let me talk to Sensei!" Jay said over the phone with urgency. It almost sounded like he voice cracked over the phone. His voice was even a higher pitch than before.

"Can't. Nya and Wu went out looking for you guys." You replied locking eyes with Lloyd as he looked up with concern "Why aren't you guys back yet? It's unlike you" You inquired.

"Apparently you need parental permission to take the bus and we can't seem to get out of the city." He groaned only raising more questions.

"Then walk?" You raised a eyebrow glancing at Lloyd who paused his game to listen.

"Can't with these legs! Just please meet us at Buddy's Pizza in ten minutes and bring our weapons" He informed you almost pleading for help.

"Alright we'll be there soon. But why does your voice sound like you forgot to hit puberty?" You couldn't help but ask as it was a notable change from his usual tone.

"We'll tell you when you arrive, please hurry" he added before the call cut off abruptly.

You put the phone down looking to Lloyd "Looks like we're needed" You smirked to the kid as you walked over to the storage cabinet grabbing some spare weapons.

Lloyd bounced to his feet turning off his videogames as he followed after you. "Looks like we need to bail them out" he smirked as you hoisted the weapons on your back and sheath two at your side.

~~~

"Is this the place?" You inquired looking up at the sign of the establishment. It matched the name of the place the lightning ninja told you to meet.

"Seems so" Lloyd shrugged taking the lead heading through the automatic doors. Taking his word you followed after the green ninja warily scanning your surroundings.

Indistinct chatter and freshly cooked pizza filled your senses. People sat in booths as young children happily played arcade games as you looked for the primary colored ninja.

Lloyd held onto your jacket sleeve keeping you close snapping you from the scene. "Do you see them?" he inquired standing on his tippy toes to get a better look around.

"Not yet" You hummed as you kept walking around the place.

"Out of all the places we could meet, you picked this place?" You overheard a child hiss at his friends.

"What? I like their pizza." Another one wearing a baseball cap smirked shrugging his shoulders.

"Psst, (Y/n)" you whipped your head around when the voice grabbed the edge of your jacket. You looked down at the spiky haired child tilting your head as Lloyd slapped his hand away.

"Beat it, we're on a mission" Lloyd told them and started to leave only for the child to grab him.

"It's me, Kai" he urged only making the green ninja raise an eyebrow.

You stood there for a moment taking in the four children's appearances. You recognize these four specific haircuts anywhere.

Your eyes widened slightly as you nudged the green ninja "It's them" you said monotonously keeping a cool composure earning a confused look from Lloyd.

"What...?" He stared at the four taking in their appearances and connecting the dots. "Woah! What happened? You're so small!" He gasped getting the attention of everyone in the establishment.

"Keep it down you two, we're trying to lay low" Kai hissed at Lloyd as they pretended nothing happened. "Your father's mega weapon not only turned us into kids, but unleashed a creature whose sole purpose is to hunt down ninja." He explained how they ended up like this.

"Typical Garmadon..." Cole hissed banging his hand on the table.

"And now every time we try to tell someone, they won't believe us cause we're kids." Jay added in crossing his arms and puffed out his cheeks.

Lloyd started letting out a laugh as he helped get the sword and scythe off your back. You had to hold back a snicker as you placed a pair of nunchucks and shurikens on the table.

"What's so funny?" Kai asked raising a eyebrow at you two.

"I guess you now know what it feels like to be treated differently" Lloyd replied as he put the last two weapons on the table.

"I love the irony" You added in holding a hand over your mouth snickering to yourself.

"Look, this is serious. If we don't turn big so that we can use our spinjitzu, we don't stand a chance against the Grundal" Zane replied with urgency.

"What about me? I know spinjitzu and (Y/n) is great at fighting." Lloyd replied grabbing your hand.

"Yeah, but you two don't know the Grundal, we need to be at full strength" Kai replied "What we need to do first is to find someone who might know more about how to defeat one of those things."

Lloyd nodded along as he stared off into space. A smirk played it's way on his face as an idea hatched in his head.

"Lloyd, focus." Cole hissed trying to snap the green ninja in training out of it.

"I am" He replied "I think I know just the guy." Lloyd told them with a confident smirk.

"Who?" Kai asked curiously piquing the four's interests.

"Just follow me and I'll take you to him" Lloyd replied as the ninja got up from their booth grabbing their weapons following both of you.

Once outside you and the green ninja stopped "Hold it" you ordered crossing your arms and Lloyd copied.

"What is it? We don't have much time to spare?" Cole asked in his high pitched squeaky voice.

You and the green ninja in training stayed silent sharing a glance with mischievous smirks on your faces.

"I want a photo" you finally spoke revealing your phone to the four. 

"What?! No!" Kai exclaimed as you snapped photos of the ninja children.

Opening your gallery you let out a small giggle looking at the photo. Lloyd hopped up trying to look and you lowered the phone to show the green ninja.

In the photo Kai was looking like a angry child, while Cole and Zane looked into the camera with neutral faces meanwhile Jay gave a big smile for the camera.

"Consider it payment" you smirked at the four watching their faces blush in embarrassment. 

"(Y/n), can I make a call?" Lloyd held a hand out for your phone and you gave it to him.
He made a quick call to the bounty leaving a message before handing it back to you.

Along the way to your destination Jay's feet got tired due to his limited child body. You ended up giving the blue ninja a piggyback ride much to his secret delight.

At one point Zane almost fell off the sidewalk into the road. He wasn't used to his smaller weaker legs so you had to hold his hand to make sure he didn't trip.

"What's it like being a child again?" you asked the four curiously as you were the oldest one at the moment. The thought dancing in your head as you couldn't recall your youth.

"I hate it. I liked being older" Cole huffed crossing his arms as Kai agreed with him.

'It's weird to say the least. I was never this small before" Zane replied as he walked next to you holding your hand.

"It's nostalgic for me. Kind of makes you miss those simpler times" Jay voiced quietly as he rested his head in your back. Letting out a hummed response you stayed quiet following Lloyd to your destination.

~~~

Lloyd eventually led the group to a store called Ninjago Doomsday Comix. Placing Jay back on the ground you followed the five ninja children inside of the comic book store.

Passing through the doors you took note of the aisles and rows of shelves containing comic books. Each issue and volume waiting to be picked up and read.

"You brought us to a comic book store?" Cole scoffed looking to Lloyd confused.

Lloyd put up a reassuring hand "Trust me, if there's anyone who knows how to defeat a monster that doesn't exist, I know just the person to talk to."

"But if there were bones of the Grundal wouldn't that mean it existed once and there would be official documents about the creature?" You thought to yourself thinking maybe you should 've checked the museum.

"We're not going to pick up your stupid comic Lloyd. This is serious business" Kai hissed earning a karate chop on the head from you. 

"Ow! Hey!" Kai hissed as he held his head in pain shooting you a small glare.

"At least he's trying. Most you've done is get turned into a child and complain" you replied coldly only making the truth sting harder.

Meanwhile Jay was browsing the shelves curiously picking up a comic. 
"Ah look, a first edition Daffy Dale! I used to love that nut growing up" He gushed giggling in delight before clearing his throat "I mean- so juvenile..."

Lloyd headed to the main desk taking the others with him.
You turned to Jay gesturing to the comic curiously "Was it any good?" 

He nodded putting it away before following after Lloyd and the others. When no one was watching you grabbed a copy to pay for and read later.

"Nothing wrong with enjoying what you love"  You thought gazing at the cover of the comic thinking at how the others might call you childish. Your growing love for reading doesn't discriminate titles or genres.

"Fellas, meet Rufus McCallister, AKA Mother Doomsday" Lloyd introduced the guy behind the counter to the group.

"Well, if it isn't Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon." Rufus greeted the boy brightly "Sorry if you came looking for the latest Starfarer, I'm all sold out."

"Wh- sold out?!" His eyes widened but changed the subject "Actually Mother Doomsday we need help."

"Well color me intrigued" Rufus replied curiously allowing him to continue.

"We have a problem, there's a Grundal on the loose and we need to know how to deal with it" the green ninja explained truthfully.

"Ah, a theoretical question" Doomsday replied thinking aloud.

"Yes, theoretical" Lloyd nodded deciding to roll with it "Can you help?"

Doomsday got off his high chair and walked over to a shelf as he spoke "Dromaeosaurid Theropod Grundalicus. Although extinct there have been a plethora of film and comics exploring the mythology around the primordial predator." Picking up a comic with the creatures face he showed it to the group. "Supposedly, they always get their prey."

"That name is a mouthful" you thought listening intently to the comic enthusiast. 

"Sounds like he knows his stuff" Kai whispered his comment a bit impressed.

"Can it be stopped?" Lloyd asked pushing past Kai.

"First thing you need to know is its thick shell like hide is invincible to swords, scythes, nunchucks and throwing stars. So your cheap imitations will do nothing to slow him down." Doomsday explained gesturing to the ninja's weapons.

"Swell..." Cole sighed.

"Second of all" Mother Doomsday continued "it's nocturnal and will only hunt at night."

"Oh good, it's still daylight so we can relax for a little..." Jay sighed in relief earning a questionable look from Doomsday. "Ahem, I meant theoretically of course" Jay replied nervously.

"And the only way to defeat it is with light. Like a vampire with enough of it, it could potentially destroy them" Doomsday walked over to a glass case that showed pink swords.

"If I had a weapon of choice, may I recommend the illumisword. These are authentic replicas that would come in handy were you to live long enough to actually face a Grundal" Mother Doomsday explained gesturing to another display case. "And if swords are your thing, maybe I can interest you in authentic ninja gi, signed by the very ninja that saved the city."

"Wow someone for once recognizes it wasn't just Garmadon that saved the city..." You shrugged looking at the suits apathetically.

"Ah...we'll just take the light swords..." Kai replied and walked over to take the swords from the case.

"Not so fast" Doomsday stopped him "This Starfarer combo lack can only be won in the Fritz Donnegan trivia battle royals" He gestured to the group of kids gathered for the trivia challenge "Do you have what it takes to be the best?"

"You can do this Lloyd" Jay patted the kid on the back as he smiled confidently "Sign me up."

~~~

The trivia challenge went on in the background. You had just come back from the store and instead of paying attention you sat back in your chair reading Daffy Dale.
Glancing outside as minutes passed you watched as the sun started to go down concluding the day and allowed the night to begin.

"It's down to the final two, this question is for Lloyd." Doomsday announced as Lloyd and another kid stood on the small platform.

"Lloyd! Lloyd! Lloyd!" The crowd chanted for the boy.

"You got this!" you pumped a fist into the air but didn't look up from your comic.

"What is Fritz Donnegan's famous catch phrase?" Doomsday asked the question.

"Fear? Fear is not a word from where I come from" Lloyd answered proudly with his best impersonation.

"Correct! We are all tied up" Mother Doomsday replied earning cheers from the crowd.

"It's getting dark..." Zane muttered to the others and you "The Grundal will be on the prowl soon."

"Don't worry, I got faith Lloyd can with those illumiswords." Kai replied with confidence in the green ninja in training.

"Is this really the best time to be eating cotton candy?" Kai asked Jay who was happily eating his sweet treat.

"It makes me feel young, deal with it" Jay replied with a smug smile rolling his eyes at the fire ninja.

"Can I have some?" You leaned over in your chair gesturing to the candy. Jay tore off a piece handing it to you. Taking it you hummed gratefully munching on the treat as you went back to reading.

"Final question. The first person to answer this will win." Mother Doomsday announced and turned to the two boys "In the latest issue if Starfarer, how did Fritz Donnegan escape the Imperial Sludge?"

Lloyd was physically panicking as he stood there "I haven't read the latest issue..." 

"By reversing the polarity of the ships gravitational transducer" The other kids replied confidently.

"We have a winner!" Mother Doomsday exclaimed as cheers erupted in the crowd. The lights flickered before shutting off completely. Everyone went silent instantly as the looked around spooked.

"Hey I was reading..." You grumbled standing up and put the comic back into your bag as your instincts took hold.

"Who shut off the power?" Doomsday said with uneasiness in his tone as the shops sign crumbled and blocked the front door.

"It's here" Kai stated listening for the creature's movements.

"What's here?" Doomsday asked as they listened to the rumbling noise nearby.

"You know that theoretical discussion we had earlier?" Jay reminded and laughed nervously.

"Does that look theoretical?" You hissed pointing to the beast that scampered across the glass ceiling.

"Grundal!" Mother Doomsday shouted in terror as they crowded to the back.

"Get back there and stay quiet" You instructed the civilians keeping a calm profile as the ninja tried opening the jammed front door.

"It's coming!" Jay shouted as the beast walked across the roof in a menacing way breaking the glass under its feet. The ceiling finally gave as the beast crashed through the middle of the store.

"Ah! We're doomed!" Jay shouted as the ninja stood face to face with the beast.

"Doomed as Britt Subskian in Phoenix war, page fifteen!" Mother Doomsday shouted helplessly as the Grundal's razor sharp tail swung at their heads.

The screams of the kids got the creature's attention as it glared down your small group. Taking out a red gun from your bag you aimed it right at the creature's head.

"You should have stayed extinct" you hissed before firing the flare gun watching as the red light fill the room blinding the nocturnal creature.

The ninja took the opportunity to get away running to the display cases to grab the ninja gear and  illumiswords. The red light went out moments later leaving the Grundal enraged.

You tried reloading the flare gun as the creature swiped down at your figure. Quickly dodging the Grundal set it's sights on the ninja.

"Hey Mcnasty! I thought ninja were on your menu!" Cole taunted the beast as the four held up their light swords stunning it.

The four took a swing at the Grundal's head only for their toy swords to break. "Stupid toy!" Cole shouted.

"We got a problem guys!" Jay exclaimed as the beast towered over their small forms. It swung at the four knocking them into a fallen desk.

You took the flare gun aiming it at the open ceiling and fired signaling for help to arrive.

The ninja could only sit back and scream as they stared at the beast who snarled ready to chomp down on its prey.

"Not to worry! I'll take care of this!" Lloyd declared as he concentrated his energy into a bright ball of light.

"Lloyd!" The ninja shouted happy that he has come to their rescue. The Grundal squealed and wailed from the green light blinding the creature. Desperately it swung it's tail back slamming down on the ninja as Lloyd toppled over.

Just in luck, Nya kicked down the door to the shop followed by Sensei Wu.
"Everyone out!" She ordered to the civilians as you helped everyone get out.

"Use this!" Sensei Wu shouted and threw a vial of liquid to Jay.

"What is it?" The blue ninja asked looking to his sensei as he held the bottle.

"It will turn forward the hands of time, turning you old, and reducing the Grundal back to dust and bones. But be careful, there's no turning back!" Sensei Wu explained to the ninja children.

"Grundal, prepare to be extinct!" Jay mocked the creature as he held the elixir.

"Wait! But what'll happen to Lloyd? He'll grow old too!" Cole retorted gesturing to the green ninja.

"Just do it!" Lloyd told them without a second thought.

"Lloyd you'll miss out on the rest of your childhood dude!" Jay replied looking for another way out.

"We can't do that to you. It's not fair!" Kai stubbornly shook his head.

The Grundal snapped at the ninja pushing them over making the elixir fly out of Jay's small hands into Lloyd's grasp.

Lloyd rose up confidently "Fair? Fair isn't a word from where I come from." He declared confidently before throwing the bottle at the creature.

"He used it!" Sensei Wu gasped as a purple cloud enveloped the room. 

The Grundal screeched horrifically as it's youth was ripped from it's body tearing it apart leaving behind a pile of bones.

"It's working!" Nya smiled as the creature was once again left extinct.

The smog dissipated as the four primary colored ninja rose up over the ashes of the Grundal. The four were back to their original selves.

"What happened?" Kai asked as he adjusted to his new surroundings and dusted himself off.

"We're not kids anymore" Cole added in delight.

"It worked" Nya sighed in relief.

"They are the real ninja..." Mother Doomsday said in awe as he took a peak into the store.

"But what about Lloyd?" Sensei Wu looked around for his nephew in worry.

The green ninja finally stood up as a different person. His hair had grown out of it's original bowl haircut as he stood much taller than before. Lloyd looked down at his hands taking in his older body with uncertainty.

"I'm....older..."

You stood there stunned as your eyes slowly widened taking in his new appearance and voice. He was no longer that little boy you knew.

"The time for the green ninja to face his destiny has grown nearer." Sensei Wu remarked as the ninja gathered together.

Lloyd took a look around at everyone as they reassured him for what's to come. "I'm ready" he smiled softly looking to his sensei.

You couldn't say anything as you felt a pressure on your chest. It was like you had lost something dear but you couldn't understand what it was. You barely met Lloyd's eyes as you trailed behind the group heading back to the Destiny's Bounty.

~~~

Back on the bounty you were helping Lloyd move his stuff to the other ninja's shared room as per Sensei Wu's request. Everyone agreed it would be inappropriate if Lloyd slept in the same room as you.

You had just finished setting up his bedframe on the floor in between the bunk beds. You were zoning out as you started making the bed. From tucking the blanket into place and fluffing the pillow your head drifted off with each action.

You pondered that since Lloyd is grown up would there be any good reason to stay with the ninja? You've only stayed out of concern for the young green bean. Once the bed was made you went back to your room.

The green ninja appeared out of your room last second colliding with you. falling backwards you quickly steadied yourself as you heard a thud.

Lloyd laid on the floor with his bag of stuff at his side as he looked up at you wide eyed.

"You okay?" You asked him as you held out a hand for him to take.

"Heh, Guess I'm not used to my new legs yet..." he chuckled lightheartedly as he sat up taking your hand.

Holding his hands in yours you took note that they were bigger than before. This only cemented further that he had truly grown out of his old form. You felt your heart hurt at this finally figuring out that it was loss in a smaller form.

"Still tripping over your feet" you let out a chuckle as you reached over grabbing his bag of stuff. While he is still growing maybe, just maybe some parts of him will never change.

"Yeah" he smiled rubbing the back of his neck following you to the ninja's room. "But at least my arms are longer and stronger" Lloyd flexed his arms as you set his stuff down on his bed.

You hummed a response only confusing the green ninja. "Uh, (Y/n) is something wrong? You won't look at me..." He asked innocently standing behind you with a growing worry.

"Sorry I just have some stuff on my mind" you replied faintly "I think dinner is done we should get going."

"Is this about my growth spurt?" he replied looking into your eyes. "I may look different but I'm still myself" Lloyd reassured taking your hand.

"It's a lot to adjust to" you admitted awkwardly moving your hand away "I can't treat you like before and you don't need me to protect you."

Lloyd protested this and took both of your hands refusing to let go and allow a distance to form.

"We are still friends and that will never change. I'll protect you as you have always done for me" he smiled brightly adding "We'll figure out what to do from now on."

Taking in his words you were touched by the gesture. You two can remain close but you can't treat him like a child anymore, you'll have to adapt. But it's better than losing your friendship altogether.

He let go of you hands as a small smile formed on your features as you let out a sigh. You put your hand on head petting his blonde hair.

"Sounds like a plan green bean sprout" you chuckled before turning on your heel heading out the door calling to him.
"I think dinner is done. Let's get some before the others try to have another food fight."

~~~

Author's Edit: November 1st 2020

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 855 30
(Tw- Language) โ€ขโ˜† "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."โ˜†โ€ข โ˜†...
6.9K 100 28
Book 2 of "The Unknown Prophecy" "What happened to you?" Lloyd's voice cracks. "What do you mean, I'm still me." "You're so blind! Snap back into re...
28.5K 992 87
(Tw- Language) โ€ขโ™ก"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."โ™กโ€ข โ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™ก...
213K 7.6K 42
[IMPORTANT: Undergoing a rewrite/continuation. Look on my profile for further details.] Lloyd and (Y/N) Garmadon. The two were (and are) inseparable...