Plumeria Petals

Galing kay IPurpleSmeraldo

❝Inside the wrong garden, a flower blooms A choice had to be made, to die or to live another day.❞ Taehyung i... Higit pa

intro
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
epilogue
author's note

one

583 18 43
Galing kay IPurpleSmeraldo

Jungkook propped his back against the wall, doing his absolute best to keep his breathing low and shallow.

Make no sound.

Slowly, he leans over to one side, looking past the wall and into the living room behind him. His eyes scan the whole room, meticulously checking if there was anyone inside. If there's anything suspicious, lurking by the shadows of the room or somewhere near the furniture.

No one seemed to be inside.

A wave of relief splashed over him, but he can't relax at this minute nor at this hour. He shouldn't, at least.

Cautiously surveying his surroundings, he tumbles to the other side. A few low accidental thumps were made in the process, and it didn't make him feel at ease. It only increased the rate of his heart which he could only wish to slow down. He propped his back against the wall again, controlling his breath.

He may seem calm and cool on the outside, but no doubt was he nervous on the inside. 

He bit his bottom lip, clutching onto the handle ever so firmly. With one quick exhale of breath, he jumps into the room, holding his gun up, aligning it with his vision. He surveyed his surroundings with squinted eyes, tightly adjusting his grip onto the handle.

Nothing seemed to be really suspicious around here other than the uneasy silence. But the room seemed to be clear, which made him exhale the breath he had been holding.

It's clear, as it seems.

He lowered his hand and takes out his walky-talky from his pocket, pressed the button, and calmly reported, "Everything's clear in the living room as of the moment. Over," just as a nerf bullet darts past his face.

With startled eyes, Jungkook turned to the side, saw Seokjin pointing the gun directly at him and cursing under his breath. Jungkook dodged to the back of the couch, avoiding the eldest's next attack.

"You thought you could escape me Jungkook-ah?" Seokjin laughs devilishly, aiming his gun to the side of the couch.

Jungkook, with fumbling hands, returns the walky-talky back into his pocket. He holds onto his gun tightly, taking a quick breath.

Seokjin took a few steps towards the couch, his heart racing inside his chest as he does so. With one quick exhale through his nose, he jumps forward, aiming the gun directly at Jungkook.

But no one was behind the couch.

Jungkook has disappeared.

Seokjin's eyes bulged in sudden fear, wondering where Jungkook could have gone. He couldn't have lost him that easily. He glanced up and there stood the youngest, aiming the gun at him and shooting.

Seokjin dodges the bullet, rolling on the ground, and hurting his knee in the process. He holds onto his kneecap with his mouth gaped from the stinging pain it had cost.

Jungkook shot at the eldest again. Alerted, Seokjin immediately rolled to the other side, dodging the bullet once again.

"Ya Jungkook-ah, wait!" Seokjin blurts out, stealing a few seconds of his time before swiftly aiming his gun at Jungkook and pulling the trigger.

Jungkook was caught off guard but he was able to immediately react to it. With quick reflexes, he dodged the bullet by jumping behind the couch for cover.

He props his back against the back of the couch, taking in a few low and deep breaths as he reaches for another bullet.

"Team Kim Seokjin is going to win!!!" Seokjin exclaimed with the highest of confidence, standing on his feet and running to Jungkook.

Behind the couch, a quivering yet determined smirk grew on Jungkook's face. "No," he reloaded his gun, then muttered under his breath, "I'm gonna win."

Seokjin pops up in his point of view, aims at him, and shoots. Jungkook tumbles to the side, aimed the gun at him in the speed of light, and pulled the trigger. Seokjin's bullet misses but Jungkook's was sent flying to him, hitting him on the side.

The eldest's eyes widened, letting go of his gun at the realization that he had been shot. Dramatically he gasps, covering the area he had been shot, and falls onto the ground.

Kim Seokjin has been defeated.

Jungkook held back a laugh, "Looks like I defeated Kim Seokjin." He comments with pure mockery.

Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows at him. "Hey! I, too, have other teammates you little son of a gun! They will avenge me and Team Kim Seokjin will prevail!"

Jungkook sighs, shaking his head. So talkative for a person who's supposed to be dead.

"Hyung, you're not supposed to talk after getting hit." He reminds. The other could only pout, his head falling back and hitting the carpeted floor.

Seokjin sighed through his nose, crossing his arms and staring at the ceiling. "Well, can I get up at least?"

"Nope. You have to act dead and stay in your place. It's part of the rules."

"Whoever made the rules is dumb."

"Hyung... You made the rules..."

"I know."

Jungkook tried his best to suppress his laugh, but it came out as a snicker. He pulled his walky-talky out from his pocket, pressed the button, speaking, "Mr. Confident has been shot. Over."

He lets go of the button, waiting for a reply. A few seconds later, a static came out from the radio, the person on the other line reporting, "Still trying to look for Smarty-Pants. Over."

"Copied Taehyung hyung. What about you Hoseok hyung? Over." Jungkook asks, facing away from Seokjin (He was rolling on the ground back and forth, unable to stay still).

"Just shot Grumpy Kitty. Over."

"Hey! Why do you have—"

"Quiet hyung." Jungkook shushed, taking his gun out and reloading his Nerf gun.

An unintelligible sound of static came from a radio, but it didn't come from Jungkook's. He knitted his eyebrows, wondering where the sound was, turning around, and looking at Seokjin (he gave up on rolling around).

Someone was speaking to Seokjin through the radio, and it sounded a bit like Namjoon's voice. Jungkook walks up to him, the radio static getting clearer and clearer until he heard a voice. "...Where...you...Jin hyung? Yoongi hyung? I'm near the kitchen. Someone, please reply. Over."

Jungkook almost laughed. Oh, if only Namjoon knew that he made the biggest mistake of his life.

Seokjin swore under his breath—specifically at Namjoon for giving away his location. Jungkook pressed the button again and reported, "Smarty-Pants is in the kitchen. Over."

Ignoring Seokjin's blabbering, Jungkook held onto his gun tightly and sneaked out of the living room, leaving him all alone.

Seokjin huffed a breath, staring at the ceiling with pursed lips of disappointment.

And they were on the move.

Jungkook slips his walky-talky back into his pocket, shifting his hand to his gun to have a firmer grip. He aligns the top of the gun with his vision, sneaking his way to the kitchen while being wary of his surroundings.

In this silent and deafening atmosphere, he can hear his unsteady breathing ever so loudly and the pounding of his heart resonating in his head as he sneaks his way to the next room.

The kitchen.

Namjoon is expected to be there. At least, Jungkook hoped that his hyung was there, waiting for his teammates to reply even if every one of them is out of the game; or should he say dead.

He could hear a distant voice, getting louder and louder, clearer and clearer, as he takes a few more steps before he reaches the corner of the wall.

Around that corner was the kitchen and like what Namjoon had said, he was near it. The current status for both teams is that all of the members in Jungkook's team are alive, unlike the opposing team which had only one member left alive.

Namjoon was the last member alive so he can't screw this up.

Jungkook slightly peaks past the corner of the wall, just enough to see if Smarty-Pants was anywhere to be found. Just as expected, over there behind the counter, he sees Namjoon's figure, looking anxious and helpless.

He presses his back against the wall, taking out another foam-based dart and pushing it into the barrel. Holding his gun down, setting his finger in front of the trigger, he composed all of his strength. He jumps around the corner, darting his pistol at Namjoon.

The said person had disappeared from his initial spot. Jungkook took a step forward, moving closer and closer to the kitchen with the quietest of footsteps he could ever do.

He draws in a shallow breath, his heart rate gradually increasing for every step he takes in absolute anxiety to where Namjoon could be.

Another step, and another step.

The quiet atmosphere was so distracting that he didn't realize Namjoon popping up from behind the wall and shooting at him.

Jungkook jumps to the side, dodging yet another bullet. Namjoon kept on shooting at him, the younger could only tumble away from the flying bullets. He attempts to shoot back, but at the time he had pulled the trigger, Namjoon hid behind the wall to reload.

Missed.

Jungkook swore under his breath. He can't afford to let Namjoon win, not with the streak that they have. There was only one player left in the opposing team, he reminded himself. One more player to kill, then they'll win.

He has to win for his team, he has to win for Hoseok.

He has to win for Taehyung.

So Jungkook decided to take a bold move.

Getting up on his feet, he ran to the kitchen and appeared by the doorway, prepared to just pull the trigger and shoot Namjoon dead.

But he wasn't there.

Jungkook quickly scanned the kitchen, eyes moving back and forth just the find his tall friend. However, the room seemed to be empty, leaving him to be in a puzzled state.

Undoubtedly, the panic rose inside his stomach, tickling him uncomfortably. His senses were telling him something, a warning which he didn't want to believe at first. But eventually, he had to listen to the message of his senses.

Slowly, like in the movies, he twists his head around and looks over his shoulder. Behind him stood Namjoon, gun on hand and finger set on the trigger, standing for about a feet away from him.

He stands there upright and tall with a spiteful smirk, "Hey Jungkook."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at him, keeping his mouth shut. He said nothing but decided to reply through actions. Thinking quickly, he raised his gun and pulled the trigger, shooting at Namjoon before the other gets the first move.

A click was heard, but no sound of a gunshot resonated throughout the room nor did a bullet fly out if its barrel. The silence suspended on top of them, especially on Jungkook whose heart couldn't help but beat frantically. Much so opposite to what he was actually feeling.

"It looks like your out of bullets there, Kook." Namjoon hid his obvious laugh, behind that evil grin of his was pride that seemed rather congratulatory to himself.

Jungkook shook his head. He pulls on the trigger again, but nothing was coming out. He desperately reached into his pocket to grab another bullet, as quickly as he can, but his pocket was empty. He had no more bullets.

He's stuck at a dead end.

His spirit to fight was slowly fading, knowing that he had nowhere else to run since wherever he will go, whatever direction he chooses, Namjoon will still be able to shoot him. Even if he tries to trick him, he knew to himself, very well, that fooling him is literally impossible. Not with that big brain of his.

"It's game over for you Jungkook."

Jungkook was disappointed at himself to have come to this. He steps back. Cornered, he didn't know what to do or where to go but to anxiously wait for Namjoon to pull that trigger and shoot him.

Accepting his fate, he stands still in defeat.

This was it. This was game over for him.

BANG! Jungkook shuts his eyes closed from the loud gunshot that went through his ears. The sound of it would've given him a heart attack, but for some reason, he didn't feel a bullet hit him.

Did Namjoon miss or something?

He was a bit reluctant to open his eyes but eventually, he does. Slowly opening an eye, he could get a clearer view of the current situation.

He was able to catch Namjoon with widened eyes, the gun dropped to the floor and his hand had held the area where he was shot. He falls onto the ground (quite dramatically like Seokjin's) no words escaping his mouth other than his breathe of defeat and an 'ow' that left his lips after hitting the wooden floor.

Jungkook stares unblinkingly at him. Shook from what just happened.

Light footsteps were getting louder and louder. Appeared behind the wall was Taehyung, reloading his gun while eyeing Namjoon down. He looks over to Jungkook, smiles his adorable boxy grin.

If Namjoon couldn't kill Jungkook with a shot of a gun, then Taehyung would definitely kill him from a single grin.

"Hey Kookie," It was a casual start to their conversation as if he didn't just shoot his friend on the side.

Jungkook returns the smile, completely ignoring that stifling and swelling feeling inside his chest. "Hey Tae," He sheepishly rubbed the nape of his head, with a voice low and softer, he says, "thanks for saving me."

Even though I wanted to be the one to save you.

"It's no big deal, Kook." He chuckles. "Next time though, remember to check your darts before taking action." A knowing look was seen on his face, making the younger blush in embarrassment and force out a soft laugh.

Taehyung approaches Jungkook (stepping over Namjoon) and raises his hand, leveling with his chest.

Jungkook instantly knew what he wanted, and so he raised his hand to and hit the other's, initiating their unique handshake. After they ended it, they broke out into soft laughter, smiling like there was no tomorrow. Jungkook gazes at Taehyung, in the softest way possible.

"I guess we won!" Taehyung cheers, clapping to himself.

"I guess so." Jungkook pulls his walky-talky out of his pocket, pressing the button on the side and reporting, "Smarty-Pants is down. Over."

In no more than a second did Hoseok reply, "Woohoo! That's great!!!" The cheeriness in his voice was enough to bring the other two into a bunch of giggles ("Why am I Smarty-Pants?" Namjoon asked in the background but was ignored).

"I'm gonna go to you guys now! You're in the kitchen right" His sentence abruptly disrupted as a sound of a gun overpowered his voice.

Taehyung's and Jungkook's eyes widened, wondering why the trigger of a gun was pulled. They waited for their friend to reply, but only the sound of static was heard over the radio.

Hoseok wasn't replying.

Why wasn't he replying?

"Hoseok hyung?" Jungkook spoke, hoping that his hyung would say something. Seconds have passed yet there was no reply from their teammate. He and Taehyung looked at each other worriedly, only thinking of the worst for their teammate.

Acting quickly, Taehyung reloaded his gun while Jungkook decided to steal some of Namjoon's. Once they were ready, the held their guns down and ran to where Hoseok was.

They knew where their teammate was since he was just near the kitchen—and because his voice was loud—so finding him was an easy task. Once they turned around the corner, they immediately spotted their friend, lying on the ground with a foam-based dart right next to him.

"Hoseok hyung!" They exclaimed in unison, shocked and utterly confused.

This doesn't make sense. None of this makes any sense. One person from the opposing team was still alive and this didn't make any sense since they were so sure that they have killed everyone. But apparently the game wasn't over. Their teammate was down and a member from the opposing team was still roaming around the very house. 

But who?

Taehyung and Jungkook warily surveyed their surroundings, holding their guns up. Whoever was still alive, they need to shoot him at once so that they can win. To avenge their teammate. The younger squints his eyes, eyeing the right and left halls to see if anyone was there. "Hyung, you go right and I'll go left."

Taehyung nodded at his command, heading down the right hall while Jungkook takes the left.

Jungkook walks down the hallway, taking very low steps and cautiously looking around. He was about to open one of the doors when he heard a gunshot from across the hall. Alerted, he twisted his body. Across the hall, he could see Taehyung's figure ever so clearly, falling onto the floor.

"Taehyung!!" Jungkook shouted, running down the hall to Taehyung. Fortunately, he wasn't that far from him but the distance didn't matter since his teammate was down. Once he reached him, he stood by his side, looking at him with shocked eyes.

Taehyung was lying there, staring at the ceiling with a pout. Slightly, he tilts his head to meet Jungkook's eyes, trying to tell him something through his eyes since they knew that they cannot speak to each other.

Jungkook tilted his head to the side, wondering what Taehyung was trying to tell him. "Hyung what—"

The sound of a gunshot echoed throughout the room. Jungkook feels something hit him, and unfortunately, he knew what hit him. As part of the rules, the person who gets shot has to act as if it was the real deal.

So Jungkook allows himself to collapse. He falls onto the ground, his body hitting the wooden floor, lying down right beside his teammate.

He failed.

They lost this Nerf battle.

"Haha, we win!!!" The person who shot them celebrated, and from what Jungkook assumes, he was jumping up and down in joy. He and Taehyung finally get to sit up, sighing in defeat.

Jungkook looks up at the person who shot them and seeing him made his eyebrows furrow in puzzlement. "I thought you were dead hyung?"

The latter looks at him, chuckling. "No one shot me yet all of you presumed that I was dead."

"I thought Hoseok shot you?" Taehyung questioned, voice rising, utterly baffled.

"He barely missed the shot." It was all the raven-haired male replied. He brought out his walky-talky from inside his pocket, pressing the button, he reports. "The game's over. We won!"

Right after announcing that, a celebratory scream was heard from somewhere inside the house. Unmistakably, that was Seokjin. At once, they all gathered in the room where Taehyung and Jungkook were shot. The eldest jumps into their view, boasting, "See?? I told you that Team Kim Seokjin would win!!!"

"But I thought Hoseok hyung shot Jimin." Taehyung scratched the back of his head, turning to Hoseok with a questionable gaze. 

The brown-haired male shrugs, looking rather guilty and confused. "I thought so too."

"Is Jimin suddenly cheating?" Yoongi crossed his arms and leaned against the wall behind him.

Jimin shook his head at him. "Nope! Hoseok hyung shot me, but just as he pulled the trigger, I slipped so he missed."

"Well, I thought that it hit him. Sorry guys." Hoseok laughed nervously, acknowledging his own fault.

"It's fine hyung," Jungkook assures, "we'll win next time."

"But as of now, let me congratulate my dear friend for fooling Hoseok!" Seokjin wrapped his arms around Jimin's shoulders, giving him a brotherly hug.

"It was unintentional though."

"Let him be Jimin," Namjoon stifles a laugh, "he's just excited since it's his first time winning."

"Hey! It's not the first time I won!" Triggered Seokjin pulls away from Jimin, glaring at Namjoon.

"I'm not sure if the Pocky game with me counts."

"Well, it does!" Seokjin pouts and crossed his arms. Laughter broke out within the group meanwhile Jimin, on the other hand, was grinning widely at Seokjin and Namjoon.

The bickering session went on, Seokjin arguing with the rest, them laughing and having fun until Hoseok teased Yoongi on how he was shot bringing more joy to the table.

Jungkook's smiled widely at his friends, feeling as happy as he could ever be. He loved them. He loves his friends so much. The joyous feeling whenever he was with them was just, indescribable. His friends are his second family and it was a family to which he wanted to stay, hoping that this happiness of theirs will last forever. 

He looked over to Taehyung, who was now teasing Hoseok and laughing adorably. Seeing him happy dusted Jungkook's cheeks with red. He hoped that his bond with Taehyung will never fade. He hoped that their bond will grow stronger, better, and probably even closer as youthful days pass. He hopes that they can be friends until the end, or maybe result in an output of something even greater.

He wanted to be with him and he hoped that Taehyung wanted to be his too. He wanted Taehyung to see him not as a brother, but more than a friend. A lover. Jungkook hoped, he really hoped that this little wish of his would come true.

But that was until,

Him.

Once upon a time, they say
Welcome to another day
To another love story
With Hanahaki glory

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

25.3K 1.3K 36
Here continues the story of yoonminseok, blooming garden sequel. Love has it's way around life. It changes rapidly, causes pain, but it could also ca...
3.1K 135 47
"You are the most beautiful flower in my life." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- "What did you get by marrying...
4.3K 109 26
Taehyung hates Jungkook. He's gay and ruins his life. But then he accidentally got drunk on a party and apparently had the best night of his life. Wh...
1.6K 235 36
In a world where loving the wrong person could get you killed... ' Will you choose to die loving the person you love...? Or will you choose to forget...