Jotaro | Embrace

By kazumawrites

[Oneshot | Jotaro Kujo x Mermaid!Reader] ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Every time he closes his eyes, he would remember her eyes. T... More

Jotaro | Embrace

2.1K 127 12
By kazumawrites

Darkness...

Despair...

Emptiness...

It consumed him completely. He felt trapped. Mind, body, and soul.

Every time he was surrounded by these negative feelings, his heart ached. It was a pain that he could never shake off, never be rid of. It made him want to scream yet the sound was always lodged in his throat every time he tried.

It felt as if his life was slowly being erased, piece by piece.

How he yearned for this agony to end.

Then, amongst the surrounding darkness, a bright light would appear. The encompassing cold would be instantly erased from his body. Enraptured by the sight, an unknown yet nostalgic melody would flow from within the light, curling around him.

His gaze instantly focuses on the silhouette of a woman. He could not see her face nor hear voice yet he knew the melody present was of her doing. As she neared him, her arms opened up to pull him into a comforting embrace.

Questions plagued his mind.

Who was she?

What was she to him?

Why did he constantly dream of her?

He never understood the satisfying feeling of being within her embrace, but he knew he never wanted to let her go.

But, what he's come to learn is that all good things must come to an end.

The warmth of her embrace slowly begins to leave and no matter how tight he holds on, wanting to keep her close, it proves to be pointless.

He reaches for her, urgently, insistently, just to have her back at his side.

Why? Why do you always leave?

He finds himself mouthing for his voice fails him. Yet in return for an answer, he is only given silence.

Drowsiness settles over him, but he tries to fight it. He pushes his body forward, still reaching. The motion is futile as she slowly moves away from him, his soul crying out.

Weak and tired, his body begins to succumb. The last thing he's able to see is her eyes, vibrant [e/c] eyes filled with immense sadness, sadness he wished he could take away.

The sudden boom of thunder jolts Jotaro awake, his heart thumping loudly in his chest. His green eyes were hazy with sleep as he ran a hand across his sweaty face, an exhausted yet quiet sigh escaping his lips. "I need a shower," he mumbled as he throws off his blanket and gets out of bed. Blinking to rid the remainder of the haziness from his vision, he heads to the bathroom. In a matter of minutes, he was in the shower, the hot water running along his muscled frame. One hand was pressed against the cool tile, his eyes closed in thought.

He had that dream again.

The same dream that has haunted him for as long as he could remember.

Repeatedly.

As much as he wishes to forget about it, he couldn't. It was almost as if his mind or even his very soul was trying to tell him something, but what, he didn't know. He wanted answers yet he was unable to receive them. He even went to his grandfather for help, but the old man proved to be a lost cause.

Every time he closes his eyes, he would remember her eyes. Those vibrant [e/c] eyes that constantly interrupted his sleep, causing a sense of yearning he did not understand. Jotaro sighs again as he shuts off the running water.

It was about time he got ready for that banquet.

Jotaro looked himself over in the mirror as he rolled up his sleeves. He was dressed in a black form-fitting suit and tie with a gold Rolex on his left wrist, an outfit he felt rather stuffy in. He grabbed the jacket and slung it over his shoulders, allowing it to sit there instead of putting it on.

Opening the door to his room, he was greeted to the sight of various people adorned in clothing that screamed out that they were well off.

They wouldn't be here anyway if they weren't.

He snorts at the thought before shutting the door behind him. He heads down the hallway, passing by various circular windows that showed the raging waters outside. His grandfather and other members of the Taylor Foundation decided to host a little business cruise to create a 'better bond' with other foundations. It was a bunch of bull to him, but he had to be here, even when he didn't want to.

The loud chatter of people and music slowly brings him out of his musings as he finds himself in the shop area. People of various foundations bustled around the place, chatting up a storm as they made their way around the large ship. He ignored them with ease as he continued on his trek to the dining hall.

Once he makes it to the dining hall numerous pairs of eyes fall on him. This happens every time he walks into the room when his grandfather's associates are present. He ignores them as he turns to the attention of someone calling his name.

At the sight of his grandfather, Jotaro feels his body automatically stiffen, his stance becoming rigid.

"Jotaro," Gen says with a smile, "I'm glad to see you showed up."

"Didn't plan on missing it." He replies.

Gen is pleased with his answer as he turns around to say, "Come along now, I have some people I'd like for you to meet."

Jotaro followed in step behind his grandfather, his expression neutral as he refrained himself from frowning.

He truly didn't want to be here at all.

Jotaro finds himself standing outside on the balcony of the dining hall. Thankfully a roof was placed overhead, blocking the onslaught of rain. The doors to the dining hall were left partially open, allowing the gentle music to flow outside.

He leans against the ledge, staring off at the dark and stormy water. He desperately needed a smoke, but the old man forbade him to even bring a pack with him.

"Damn that, old man," he thinks with a scowl.

He had finally managed to escape from the suffocating conversations his grandfather forced him in. He had no choice, but to speak with them since Gen watched him like a hawk.

He hated every bit of it.

Every time he has to speak with them he'd see a strange form of curiosity in their eyes. The way they looked and watched his every move confused him. Their expressions made him feel as if he was some unique creature walking amongst them.

Jotaro didn't understand it, but he wouldn't lie to himself that he believed he actually belonged here. He sighs as he finds his thoughts slowly drifting back to his constant dream. His green eyes glaze over as he loses himself in his thoughts, unaware of familiar [e/c] eyes watching him from afar. 

Those familiar [e/c] eyes belong to a rather beautiful woman with long, flowing [h/c] hair. Strangely enough, this woman was not human for a set of [f/c] fins protrude from her head in place of ears. Similar fins protrude from her forearms as clawed hands go to gently wipe away the tears spilling from her eyes.

"How long has it been?" You think as you watched Jotaro from afar.

It's been too long...

Your mind replies with the answer you already knew. It had been only two decades since Jotaro had been taken from you yet it felt as if has been two centuries.

You remember that painful day vividly.

You and Jotaro were only mere guppies at the time. As usual, the two of you would swim far out from the cove to play around. Both of you were mindful of the surface as the elders constantly warned about the dangers of those who lived there.

"Come on, [Y/n]," Jotaro laughs out, "You have to be faster than that!"

"You're only winning cause you got a head start!" You stuck your tongue at him as you focused more strength to make your tail propel you further.

Jotaro laughs at you once he reaches the designated finish line, you coming right behind a few seconds later. You crossed your arms as your shimmering [f/c] tail kept you upright.

"That wasn't a fair win." You huff out.

"Maybe you'll win next time." He says with a laugh before pulling you into an embrace.

You couldn't stay upset with him long as you laugh as well, hugging him tightly.

Then, the happy moment between the two of you was interrupted when a large net appeared. Without realizing it, the two of you had drifted toward the surface of the water, not noticing the large silhouette gliding above. Before you or Jotaro could react, it had managed to ensnare the both of you. Panic was issued as the two of you struggled to break free from the confines, but it proved to be pointless. In a matter of minutes, you and Jotaro found yourself on the deck of a strange vessel surrounded by unfamiliar faces. Come to find out, the people that had captured them happened to be humans, and they were rather cruel.

You could only watch in fear as they tormented you and Jotaro. Escape seemed futile as Jotaro took the majority of their cruel attacks, his arms encased around you in a protective embrace. His green eyes burned with anger as he glared at the humans in the surrounding area, trying to figure out a way to escape. As the two of you were backed into a corner, Jotaro realized what he had to do.

With a sudden wap of his tail, Jotaro manages to catch some of the men off guard. This causes you to grin as you and Jotaro manage to make your way to the side of the boat, the sight of the water bringing you joy. Before either of you could get any closer, a man with scary dark blue eyes stands in your way. Without thinking, Jotaro dives onto the man and manages to knock him down, allowing you to get closer to the edge of the boat.

"Come on, Jotaro!" You exclaim. "We're almost there!"

You try to wait for Jotaro to reach your side before you feel hands press against your back and push you forward. With wide eyes, you turn to see Jotaro had been the one to push you. He gives you a sad grin as he watches you fall, the shadow of the scary man covering his form as you disappear within the deep water.

That had been the last time you'd seen Jotaro, but now he was here.

The happiness that blossoms within your heart brought more tears to your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away.

Now wasn't the time to get emotional, now was the time to get Jotaro back.

Pressing your hand against your chest, you took a moment to quell your thumping heart.

Closing your eyes, you began to sing.

Even though the lightning struck and thunder sounded amongst this vast ocean, your song manages to reach Jotaro's ears, breaking him completely out of his thoughts. The man's eyes widened in surprise as he turns his gaze out toward the dark waters, searching for the source of the melody that plagued his dreams.

When lightning struck, his green eyes zeroed in on you instantly. Feeling his gaze, you opened your eyes without stopping your song. Jotaro became entranced once he made eye contact with you, his mind slowly becoming fuzzy. Without thinking, Jotaro slowly descends off the ledge into the raging waters, unaware of the sudden shout of his name.

Seeing Jotaro fall from the boat, a smile curls upon your lips as you ceased singing. Hopping off the rock you were settled on you dive within the dark waters, your tail propelling you forward.

Your arms come to circle around Jotaro's dazed form, your smile growing.

"Jotaro!"

The sudden shout of his name catches your attention as your glowing [e/c] eyes come in contact with familiar dark blue eyes.

Gen along with his other associates stared wide-eyed at the sight of you, Gen being the only one to recognize you. Anger flashed in his eyes as the sight of you, his hands curling into fists as he uselessly watches.

You give the old man a fanged grin as you gently cradle Jotaro in your arms, both of your bodies descending within the depths of the ocean.

You cradle Jotaro's face lightly as his hazy green eyes stared into your [e/c] eyes. Without a second thought, you pull him close, removing the strange garment along his torso. With a grin, you grazed your fangs against the collar of his neck, hard enough to draw blood. Happiness consumes you as you watch Jotaro's body begin to return to the state it originally was.

Jotaro's eyes closed as the transformation took over. The feeling of his body altering and changing felt strange. The clothing that still covered his body tore and fell away as his body transitions, his human legs being replaced by a tail. Fins protruded from his forearms and his head where his human ears once were.

As slow as the transformation seemed it was over before he knew it.

Suddenly, his eyes snap open as memories long forgotten flashes through his mind. Then, his gaze switches over to you. The deep yearning he felt constantly all this time vanished at the sight of you.

"[Y/n]ㄧ" Before he could say anything else you slam into him, wrapping your arms around him and burying your face in the crook of his neck. Your tails entwined as you embrace, your bodies slowly descending deeper into the ocean.

"I've missed you so much!" You exclaim.

Jotaro chuckles softly as he returns your embrace, burying his face in your hair. He tightens his grip around you, overwhelming emotions coursing through him.

"Finally," he thinks.

He was truly happy after a long time. He was finally back where he belonged, within your embrace.

Hello, my lovely readers! I hope you have enjoyed this Oneshot because I surely did. (゚ヮ゚)

The idea has been plaguing my mind for the last 3 weeks, especially since I listened to the song Black Sea by Natasha Blume.

I just had to write it or I would've gone crazy (ʘ∇ʘ)ク 彡 ┻━┻.

Originally, this idea was gonna be saved for a Oneshot book I'm planning to make in the near future, but I just had to share it with you.

Until next time, my dears!~ o(*゚∇゚)ノシ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 53.6K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
154K 6.8K 16
~Male!Yuno Gasai x Reader~ You were just an ordinary high-school girl. He was just an ordinary high-school boy. Or so you thought. You became ensnare...
638K 23.3K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
965K 59.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...