The final battle

By Levi-Summer

The titans have been defeated, the walls are now safe, but she wasn't. All her life, she looked up to him, an... More

The Last Time We Ever Spoke

13 0 0
By Levi-Summer

"Captain!"

Erens voice echoed through the collapsed buildings and his 3D maneuver gear reared back into place.

"The last titan has been killed. We are still searching for any survivors in the battlefield" he said as he came into proximity of Levi.

"Good, find everybody you can and make sure they make it if they're alive" Levi exclaimed as Hange came over to him.

"Levi, we don't have good news I am afraid" Hange said. Hanges arm lifted, and a finger pointed to the reminants of a house.

Automatically, Levi was off. His maneuver gear spiralling into the air, blood remains on the flooring and buildings, but one person was on his mind.

They had been in the same group for many years, and secretly been communicating to one another. He was eager to reach her exact position.

With the expression Hange gave, it wasn't a good sign.

It was at that moment, his heart shivered inside his body.

Blood was staining her clothes, and her sword was cut deep into her abdomen.

"L-Levi" she coughed, blood erupting from her mouth as she spoke.

"Rosa" he exclaimed as he came down to her height.

She was sprawled among the rubble, her limbs spread out and her arms holding her abdomen.

"That one damn titan just got in the way" she chuckled, but a excruciating pain came across her face.

"Stop speaking. The medics are on their way, just conserve as much energy as you can please"

His plea was desperate: eyes began to water and his lip began to quaver slowly.

"Hey, don't start crying on me now-" but a violent cough erupted.

"Stop talking Rosa!" His hands now pushing onto the wound to reduce the bleeding. Despite him hating dirt and grime, he had a different feeling for Rosa.

They both were secretly seeing one another, sharing moments and acting cold towards one another in the field. But Hange knew and kept it quiet for their sake.

"Hey, don't go soft on me, you're stronger than that, Levi"

A blood stained hand touched his face, then fell to the floor. She panted heavily as the medics arrived.

"Captain-"

"What took you so long?! Hurry up and save her!" before ending that sentence, he continued.

"We need all the survivors we can get!"

"Yes sir!"

Levi removed his hands from Rosa and wiped them clean. They escorted Rosa to the walls and tended to her wounds.

***

5 days later... 

***

Levi and Hange were sipping tea, waiting for eager news of the survivors. Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Jean and Connie also were waiting for the news on fellow comrades.

The door opened.

"Captain, we have news. In all efforts to save the remaining candidates, only 3 survived I am afraid. Sasha Blouse, Rosa Swann and Floch Forster"

Immediately Connie and Jean rushed up, followed by the rest of the team apart from Levi and Hange.

"Er, sir, may we be dismissed to see Sasha?" Connie asked as the entire group stopped.

Levi nodded whilst sipping his tea, and thanked the medics.

"Sir, I must tell you this though if I may" the medic said as he stepped into the room.

Levi's cup came to a halt, and was left touching his lips.

"Rosa Swann is in a unstable condition, she may not make it I am afraid. We have stopped the bleeding but the damage may be too severe for her to go back into the survey corps" the medic said.

"At least you have tried. The war was too strong but we managed to do significant damage. We have lost some people, and many more died. Thank you for your efforts and the news"

The medic nodded and left, closing the door behind them. That's when Levi dropped his act and his cup went down to the table.

"Levi, if I was you, I'd go to her now and check her. If she's that bad, she may not make it..." Hange said sadly.

Immediately, Levi stood and walked out of the hall, seeking her domain's.

***

The window was open and a cool breeze touched her pale skin. Her eyes rolled back and fourth, waiting for his arrival.

The door opened, and Levi closed it, now rushing to Rosa.

"Are you okay? I've heard the news. I am sorry I couldn't be there, I didn't expect that many titans. I should have been there!" Levi roared, now holding his hand to his head.

"Levi..." Rosa said, her eyes focusing on the exhausted man.

"Come here, you're tired" she said.

Levi pulled up a chair, and sat beside her, his head laying on the blanket of her resting body.

"You haven't slept, have you?"

"How can I when I am worrying about you Rosa?!"

She pulled his head to her chest, letting him hear her heart.

"I don't have long Levi, this is the end for me"

His head rose up, eyes meeting one another.

"I'm not strong enough to recover. My entire body is pretty much gone, I have no feelings left. But, I'm glad I can spend the last few moments with you"

A small tear came to his eye, and she wiped it away.

"After everything we have been through, this is the first time I ever see you cry" she chuckled, before wincing on pain.

"I don't want to be captain anymore, I don't deserve it. I've let too many people die. What's the point of me going back out there and risking everything" Levi exclaimed, but Rosa smiled softly.

She touched his cheek softly, and smiled.

"You're doing great, look how far you have come. We've all done so much. You're doing amazing, please don't give up"

With that, he rested his head back onto her chest, and she hummed.

"Rest a bit Levi, okay? I'm here for you like I always have been. And, I'll say this again because I never know when it'll be the last time" she said as he closed his eyes.

"I love you, and I always have"

"I love you too Rosa..." he whispered. His breathing slowed and he finally slept.

***

"Levi?"

A voice called.

His eyes slowly opened, showing Hange before him.

"What?"

"You've been here all night and day, you haven't left her at all..."

Lifting his head slowly, a weight was presented on it. It was Rosa's hand which had been stroking his hair.

His gaze slowly left from Hange and travelled to Rosa.

Her hair falling onto her chest.

Her mouth parted into a soft smile.

Her cheeks slightly wet.

Her eyes closed.

Her chest... Not moving.

"Levi, she's passed. I came in earlier, she told me to give this to you"

A sheet of paper was left on the blanket from Hanges hand, and with that, Hange left.

The door closed and Levi had tears streaming down his face.

"No..." he whispered.

***

Dear Levi,

I know I'm not lasting much longer, and Hange knows it too. Hange left us in peace so we... So I could have my final moments with you. Its been a long journey, fighting titans, losing people and others, but, we have always had each other.

We kept it quiet for so long and I wish we hadn't so people knew how much we meant for one another. I am already regretting the time we were cold to one another when out doing missions. All that time wasted, when we could have been together.

But, my time is being cut short, and it's not your fault so please don't drown yourself in sorrow. I'll always be with you, even when I'm not here in person. Take care of the others, they need you more than ever now.

You're the last hope. And I believe in you.

I am glad I could say I love you one last time before you slept. You're so peaceful, and I will be soon.

I love you Levi.

Rosa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6.5K 73
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ⇝🤍. ➽💛Going on. ➽🩶Coming up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
171K 286 25
Compilation of the Best Stories on Literotica