Sterek One-shots

By Skeleton__Wolf

It's as the title says, Sterek one-shots. A lot of angst, a few happy sprinkled here and there, some fluff. A... More

Gone.
Save Me? (part 1)
Save Me? (part 2)
Forever.
Until.
Choose!
Lost.
Undeserving.
Glass boy.
I promised.
One last moment.
Paint.
Wings.
Guilt.
Monster. (preview)
Blissfully Numb.
Christmas Lights.
When The Coward's Tears Fall.
Promises Of Forever.
Complete.

Goodbye.

6K 90 65
By Skeleton__Wolf

(TW: implied attempted suicide and suicide note.)

Dear Derek, 

(If you are not Derek, stop reading.)

Now Derek, stop with those tears that I know you'll undoubtedly have.

In no way was this your fault, in fact, it's all mine. I'm a coward, Derek. That's all I'll ever be. Especially in your eyes, a weak, pathetic, human, coward. And I get that, it's fair because it's true and sometimes the truth hurts. God, it hurts. And I know you never actually said anything like that, not directly to my face anyway, but it was obvious in every glance and every time you shoved me up against a wall and every time you spoke my name. It was always there, like an ever-present force, pushing me away. 

Again this is not your fault, it was all just too much. Too Goddamn much and I couldn't handle it. I'm sorry, not that you care, but I am. I know you all might think me selfish and that I took the easy way out but this is what's best for everyone, I promise. Because I am all the things you see when you look at me. I could never help, I'll always be a hindrance. I mean come on, I killed my best friend's girlfriend, well ex but still I should've been stronger. Derek, it's all my fault, I ruined everything from my brother's life to yours. We could've all been normal, you could've continued your life without having to deal with a bunch of annoying teens, without having to deal with me. You could've gotten on with life without the hyperactive spaz – Scott told me – I know you would've loved that. 

I just can't deal with it any more Derek, not any more. They all look at me with either pity, disgust or both and I just can't. At first, I thought you were different but then I looked closer and realised that your eyes held something so, so much worse. They held hate, hate so pure it scared me. It always intensified when I explained a plan or, well, anything at all. I guess it's fair though, they always ended poorly. Someone always got hurt. It was always my fault. Again I'm sorry. I ruined your life. I thoroughly fucked everything up. I know I can't reverse any of that but I can stop it from happening again. I can stop hurting people, I can stop ruining lives, I can stop the pain, I can stop the hurt, I can stop everything, stop it all. Including the look in your eyes.

I should say goodbye in person, but I can't bring myself to, I can't bear to see your hate-filled eyes again. Especially since it's the opposite of everything I want... well, if all goes to plan, wanted. Derek, it hurts too much, looking into your eyes is too hard; so full of what I never wanted, so lacking of everything I needed.

So this is goodbye, goodbye forever. Just promise me one thing, promise to remember. Remember I love you, Derek Hale... Remember I loved you, Derek. Goodbye.

I look up from the tear-stained page, not all of which were mine, to look at the weak figure lying under the crisp, white hospital sheets. I gently entwined our fingers, squeezing lightly, "You were wrong, it was not hate, never hate. I could not hate you Stiles Stilinski, only love, only ever love. And I hated myself for that because everyone I love gets hurt or hurts me and I couldn't deal with that. Not again. You shouldn't be sorry, I should, I was the coward. I should never have lied to you because I love you, Stiles, I will make this up to you." 

There was a small squeeze back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 78 25
Octaveus was depressed. He knew it, but no one else did. He hid it, just as he hid his scars. He wasn't human either; he hid that too. He hid almost...
1.8M 46.1K 96
This is where I will post all of my Sterek one shots. Be a doll and request one. Either comment on this page or message me. When I write it I will me...
24.7K 852 13
"You trained me too well, and I listened, like you always said, 'Don't only trust your magic, always have a backup plan." He then gives a two-finger...
54.9K 3K 27
Another BIBLEBUILD FANFICTION Manxman/ BoyxBoy Thank you for coming into my life and changing it for the better. . ---------------⬇️sneak peek⬇️...