Always By Your Side (Winter x...

By GiexesAdris

A few years back, before Winter entered the Atlas Military School... She had a close friend and butler named... More

Early Morning
Always
1000 Miles
Put in a Good Mood
The Beginning of a Long Night
From Long Night till' Morning
Danger Zone
T'was a Good Night
Finale
Extra Story 1: Prequel

So Much Screaming...

5.6K 146 23
By GiexesAdris

After a few days...

Weiss POV

There they go again...

"What were you thinking when you chose that school?!" I can hear (y/n) scream at his own master Winter.

"I was thinking 'THAT'S WHAT I WANT'!" she screamed again "Didn't YOU say picking anything would be fine?!"

"But to join the military!?" he pointed towards Whitley and I who were watching from a distance "Do you know what'll happen to them?"

By joining the military, Winter will renounce all her claim to be the head of the Schnee Corporation which meant that...

"Do they always bicker like a married couple?" Whitley walked over towards me, joining me as I watched them.

"I actually thought they grew over that now... I guess old habits die hard..."

"Anyway... It seems that means you'll be the next heir sister" Whitley said, ending my train of thought.

I sighed out, resting my head on the stone rails of the garden; all of us, outside right now. "Yeah, but she said she's not sure if she will renounce it... maybe I won't have to do it"

"You do realize your sister is the most stubborn of us three" we both looked at the butler and master arguing at the distance. Winter, facing away from (y/n) and crossing her arms with a pout on her face "Sometimes even father can't handle her..."

"Guess I'll just be ready then"

"If it's any consolation, I'd be more than happy to lift the weight off your shoulders"

I glared at him, a smirk on his face as he fixed his blue tie "You're... different today"

"Like it?"

"No, it's creeping me out!"

Soon the four of us were in a feud of our own, me against Whitley and Winter against (y/n). However, the doorbell of our home suddenly rang.

We looked outside to see father's limo driving in front of the door. He has come home from his business trip.

The servants immediately lined to the side and we followed.

"Welcome home sir" Klein said as he bowed, followed quickly by the rest of the butlers and maids.

"Thank you, prepare food and set the table" considering that it was already close to 12:00 it was about time that we had lunch, albeit a bit earlier than usual. Dad always made a big deal about time.

As everyone went away to go to their duties, father said one last thing before everyone left.

"We're going to talk"

Winter POV

"Another trip!?" I asked, surprised over the fact that father will have back to back trips. Usually he'd have two days of rest at least before leaving for another.

"Yes" father drank from his wine glass "Ah, good enough. And you are coming"

This surprised me further, he'd usually give us a notice 5 days before leaving for a trip. Also, he should know what I wanted to take up and what I will let go.

"And why am I coming? You should know that I'm joining the military"

"I know!" he said, looking at me with his brows furrowed "We'll talk about that after eating, I haven't eaten in peace for days and I will not let such an idiotic decision ruin it! And you're all coming because the one we're meeting wants to meet all of you. After eating, Weiss and Whitley have your luggage prepared"

He then faces towards me, his eyes glaring "And you and I will talk..."

Immediately after eating, the two of us headed to his room, while (y/n) was put outside. At first we were rather calm and composed but in the end...

"THE MILITARY!?" he roared "What would you do if they put you on the front lines!? Do you know how dangerous that is!?"

"I know dad!"

"NO YOU DON'T! That isn't some fencing school!"

"I DON'T CARE!" I stood up, looking down upon him as he sat down behind his desk. The chair I had sat upon fell on its back "This is my decision, and there's nothing you can do to stop it"

I turned away from him, not waiting for his reply nor his permission; I don't need those anymore.

(y/n) was still standing outside, his face frozen into a pokerface "Milady" he said, bowing with courtesy.

"My room. Now!"

"Please be more lady like..." he sighed.

"Not in the mood (y/n)!"

"Neither am I..."

I said as I stomped my way towards my room with (y/n) at my back quietly following me.

(y/n) POV

"AARRGGHH! I HATE HIM!"

I stood silently by the windows of my master's bedroom as she laid down on her bed while throwing another tantrum.

"I JUST WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!"

I had my fair share of target practice as she threw towards the air anything she could lay her hands on while I had to throw my cards to be able to catch them and put them back where they belong.

She suddenly looks at me "I know what you're going to say! 'Milady, your actions are not befitting of a lady!' But please (y/n), spare me the lecture this time!" 

"I was actually going to say I'm going deaf with all the screaming in one day, but yes. Ten points for being self-aware of how immature you appear right now"

She blew the out of place strand of hair in front of her face. What most people would see as the ever elegant and stunning beauty of the Schnee now seemed like someone who had just chased after a pig.

"Of course you'd probably side with him..." she sat on the edge of her bed, looking up to me as she waited for my reply "Do you guys really think I'm not cut out for the military!?"

I sighed, letting go for once with the formalities.

"I just... don't want you to make a snap decision that you might regret later" I borrowed her desk chair and sat upon it, facing directly at her. We sat there face to face and on the same level. "This is the military we're talking about. You will be going through a lot of training and hardships. And the burden you'll have to pass on to your sister... I just want to make sure that this is what you really want for your life"

I held her hand. I could feel its warmth through my snow-white gloves, it was incredibly soft, no person would think that these are the same hands that could wield a saber with utmost proficiency.

"A shame we could only be like this behind closed doors..."

"I don't think your father would like it. But imagine his face if he does see it"

She laughed, gripping my hand tighter "You should've seen him before I stormed out of there. I swear his head was like a giant moustached tomato"

"Heh, yes that would be an image for the ages"

She looked straight into my eyes before continuing "You said you'd always be by my side, if I pick the military, would you follow?"

"Like I said, I don't have a choice. I shall remain by your side"

"And if I pick Beacon?"

"Then my answer remains the same"

"Fine, I'll think about it some more..." she looked outside, her eyes wandering.

I stood, a smile on my face as she had finally calmed down.

"Well, now that that's done. I'll take my leave milady"

"Okay, don't forget to prepare my luggage for the trip"

Not really feeling up to it, I quickly walked away "If you're joining the military then you need to learn how to fix your own bloody luggage"

"I said I'll think about!" she grabbed my arm, making me face her.

"Then I'll think about preparing your luggage" pulling out my arm, I began to walk away again "I still have too many chores to do, and I'm way behind schedule thanks to your tantrum"

"At least call Klein!"

"You can call him yourself as well milady"

"I don't even know where my bag is!"

"Then start looking. It's around here somewhere, you'll find it eventually"

"This is a MANSION!"

"Yes and this is my middle finger!"

"Ohhhh, you get back here!"

And just like that, I got more delayed as my master chased me around her own mansion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 646 38
Being born into an unusual pairing among the Atlas Elite, James Ironwood and Robyn Ironwood - Formerly Hill. Jaune was born into the Atlas Elite but...
275K 5.1K 58
(Y/N) (L/N) is a teenager that just... shows up at Beacon Academy. He sticks out the crowd of all the other students, catching the eyes of a certain...
12.8K 284 20
File Type: Student Student: Y/N L/N Y/N is a young wolf faunus who grew up in Vale. He was very clever and outgoing, though he kept his past and pers...
2.1K 28 9
(Y/N) (L/N) has graduated from Signal Academy and is now going to Beacon Academy along with his little sister Desti (L/N). What will happened next on...