The Fae Locket

By fdstan

Rose tries on a locket that changes everything. She discovers she is half fae and when she goes to the Fae Ki... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Six

115 3 1
By fdstan

Stood in front of the full-length mirror, Rose admired the beauty of her wedding dress. She did a little spin like a young child in a princess costume would. It had been a long time since she'd felt this beautiful, her wedding dress as an eighteen-year-old bride hadn't been this ornate – just a simple long white dress from a clothes shop. This dress was a major upgrade and she felt stunning in it.

Aine was stood behind her, tears in her eyes, "Oh darling, you look wonderful! You've picked a smashing day for it too!" she told her daughter. Aine could see how beautiful her daughter looked and she was so proud to be stood there experiencing a day she never thought she would be able to see. The weather outside was a lovely sun filled day, the birds outside were chirping loudly and rain wasn't expected.

"This colour really does suit me!" Said Rose admiring the pastel shade on her skin tone. Everyone in the room agreed with her. Her dress looked even nicer than when she'd worn it in the shop, since Rose had lost a lot of weight since the wedding dress shopping day – the dress fit her better and it clung onto every curve of her frame. The bright sunlight shone through the window, bouncing off every shiny surface it could find. Including the diamonds in her earrings, making little rainbows appear over the wall near her.

Rose could see her mother fishing around in her pocket, "what are you looking for?" She asked.

"I've found it!" Aine said as she brought out her wand and, also in her grip, she had a silver bangle which dazzled in the sunshine.

"This was my mother's bangle, Rose. She might not have been the nicest of women, but I would like to create some new memories with this beautiful piece of jewellery, it deserves a new start with a wonderful woman. You" Aine told her daughter, slipping the bangle on Rose's wrist.

Turning her wrist side to side to admire the silver bangle and its clear stones, it felt wonderful to move it around on the fabric of her elbow length glove. "It looks stunning. Thank you, mother!" Rose replied, giving her mother a huge hug.

Much to Mrs Hawthorne's annoyance, she was the dress shop owner who was fussing over the finishing details of the dress fitting. She had her wand out and was making it fit perfectly to Rose's body. "Less hugging, please. You've still got your hair to do. Who's doing it for you?" she asked, pulling the lace for the corset body as tight as she could. Rose tried not to lose her cool when she spoke to Mrs Hawthorn, as she was the only dressmaker in the Holt that knew what design she wanted, firing her was not an option.

Rose inhaled, as the strings made the outfit even tighter sucking in her post-baby belly, "Lux... Princess Lux is doing my hair, she's due any minute now"

Mrs Hawthorne shot Rose a look in the mirror, "but she's not a qualified hairstylist? And she's one of those gothic types?"

"No, but she is family and she asked. I will not begrudge her a chance to do something she wants" Rose replied matter of factly. Knowing that she'd been rude, Mrs Hawthorne stayed silent for the rest of the dress fitting. Aine was still stood behind her daughter and she tried her hardest not to chuckle at the sour face that Mrs Hawthorne had for the rest of her time in the room. When Mrs Hawthorne left, Lux appeared.

"Sorry, I'm late!" Lux apologised. Both Rose and Aine both looked at Lux stunned. She was wearing a daffodil yellow dress with matching shoes, the most amount of colour that either of the ladies had ever seen on Lux before. Aine was lost for words.

"You look beautiful!" Aine told her girlfriend.

Lux blushed, "Say's you!" admiring Aine in her emerald power suit.

Rose sat down on a stool, preparing for Lux to wave her wand and do her hair but instead, Lux got out a large bag and did it by hand. Making Rose's hair into a tall beehive shape with crystals to decorate and finish it off with a tiara. Rose watched her sister in law be, take the time to do something by hand that most in the Holt wouldn't have, Lux was talented.

"Where did you learn to do that by hand?" Rose asked her.

"I got a friend to bring back a book from her Choosing Day, I couldn't go experience that world myself, but I know that human's can-do magical things with their hands. I studied that book until it fell apart. I'm pleased to finally be able to do someone's hair other than mine and Aine's of course!"

Aine swished around her half up, half down hair and smiled. A wave of Lux's wand and Rose's make up was immaculate. Lux added a lace train to her hair and Rose looked every inch the bride.

"You look wonderful. My brother is one lucky man!" Lux complimented Rose as she looked at the final product in the mirror. Rose looked in the mirror again, it needed more sparkles and since Mrs Hawthorne was long gone, she waved her wand and added diamantes to the dress and made the feathers on her corset have a sprinkle of glitter. Aine rolled her eyes as she saw her daughter admiring the now sparkling dress, everyone in the palace knew that Rose was obsessed with bling.

An aide rapped their knuckles on the door and the three ladies knew it was time to leave for the wedding. Nervously they made sure they hadn't left anything behind before they left. Rose was shaking and her knees were going week. Today's celebration was months in the making and now it was a reality. Outside the room where they were getting Rose ready, they met Edwin who was in his nanny's arms. Edwin's chubby cheeks looked adorable squished up over his bow tie and his hair was balding at the back where he'd rubbed it off. It made her well up to see him in a small smart outfit, Rose went and cooed over her son.

It was a long walk to the ladybird driven carriage outside, her heels clicked on the floor and all the staff inside the palace were standing in the lobby clapping as she went past. A huge banner was in the lobby "congratulations on your wedding day!" It said.

"Thank you, everyone! See you later!" Rose addressed the lobby that was full of servants. They were all cheering and wearing a special uniform for the day – it was glittery. She knew they must have done that especially for her.

Two of the guards in their sparkly hats, opened the doors to the palace to reveal the carriage outside. Rose felt like Cinderella when she saw the pumpkin, the carriage was white and covered in various flowers. The wheels were ornate, and the carriage was truly a wonder to behold. They'd even added sparkly additions to it too, the carriage was sparkling in the sunlight. The driver got out of his part of the carriage and opened the door for Rose to get inside. He bowed as she climbed in, Rose's huge puffy dress filled the carriage but there was a gap next to her for someone to sit.

"Mother?" Rose called out. Aine was stood next to Lux and pointed at herself when Rose called for her. Gesturing for Aine to join her in the carriage, Aine blushed and walked over, proud that her daughter wanted her to ride with her through the crowds. Rose held her mother's hand when she sat down.

"Love you," Rose told her mother.

Aine welled up, "Love you too, darling" she was bursting with pride and dabbed the tears under her eyes with a white tissue that she'd got from her purse. The women went riding through the crowd lined the street to the tree church. The church was covered in lace, bunting and flowers today and as it was a willow tree by the side of the dyke at the back of the Holt it was a long drive. The scent that came off the flowers along the route was a captivating smell, although Rose was quite distracted because she hadn't got a bouquet. So, when the driver let them out of the carriage, knowing that she hadn't got any of her own to carry, Rose went over and picked a flower from in front of the tree church. It was a daisy, and the paparazzi went wild. The flashes of the cameras were blinding, Rose tried to pose the best she could, but she couldn't help but feel she'd look a little startled with all the flashes in her eyes.

"What are you doing with that darling?" her mother whispered as Rose returned to her mother's side, looking down at the single daisy in her daughter's hands.

"In the human world, brides carry flowers down the aisle"

"Very different. Most Fae weddings the bride goes down the aisle with nothing. That'll catch on now you've done it. The journalists loved it!" Aine replied.

The walk to the tree church was relatively short, it was through the crowds who had camped out overnight to get a good view, so Rose made sure she smiled and waved at them. At the doors to the tree church, the guards opened the doors wide, to reveal that the church inside was packed. The pews seemed to go on for miles, at the top she could see Easton stood in his dark navy suit on with a bright blue sash across his chest. His wings fluttered in happiness at seeing his future bride at the end of the aisle.

Rose was arm in arm with her mother with a huge smile on her face. The nerves were so strong as she walked towards Easton who couldn't take his eyes off her, the music started from the Fae band. It wasn't the wedding march, but it was the most beautiful song in the world to Rose right now. Her dress swayed from side to side, just brushing the floor as she walked down the aisle and towards her love. Seeing lots of different officials faces, she hoped that they were going to enjoy the day ahead. Rose got to the top of the aisle and saw Easton; he was stood next to Alfred, who looked very dapper today, he was holding Edwin in his arms. Edwin's nanny must have moved quickly to have got him there in before she arrived. Seeing her two favourite men at the top of the aisle dressed so handsomely made her grin and then well up. She'd promised herself that she wouldn't cry today but as she looked at them, she felt a tear slip down her cheek. This was the best day of my life.

The minister began his service, and the crowd sat down. Easton looked so handsome and he held Rose's hands in his as the service took place. He stared into Rose's eyes as he repeated his vows and she repeated hers to him. The wedding was a slight blur to Rose as she was so overwhelmed with emotions. Edwin cooed in the background as his parents exchanged rings and the pair kissed.

"You are now, husband and wife. May the Gods bless this marriage from now to forever more" said the minister.

Rose felt different, almost like she was glowing with a golden aura and the crowd gasped in awe. Easton couldn't stop smiling at her, "The gods have blessed you with wings Rose! They must approve of you!"

Rose spun her head around to see the beautiful transparent butterfly-like wings fluttering behind her. Easton took Rose's hand and held it up in the air. She couldn't believe she had wings, to make sure they were real, she made them flutter herself and she could feel herself lifting off the ground slightly.

"Fae of the church rise for your new Queen!" the minister told the congregation. The crowd whooped and stood up as the band began again. Alfred gave Edwin to Easton. The little boy who was elated to be in his father's arms wiggled his arms in happiness. The trio then walked down the aisle together as flowers and petals were thrown over them.

"I've never been as happy as what I am right now. You, me and little Edwin is all I've ever wanted and needed" Rose said in Easton's ear outside the church.

Easton looked at his bride, and Edwin tugged at Easton's suit lapel, "Thank you for coming into my life Rose. I love you so much" he said lovingly as he kissed Rose.

"I love you too" she replied.

An attendant led them to the right, and they went to the awaiting reception afterwards, it was a similar lay out to the coronation but covered in different flowers. Music from the bandstand filled the air, harps and violins playing sweet tunes whilst ballerinas danced to the side of them. The tallest cake that Rose had ever seen was on top of a circular table next to the bandstand, it was a white cake with white roses, silver diamantes and a lace pattern on the side. Easton and Rose walked to the top table and sat down, they watched everyone who had been invited to the reception sit down at all the tables around the dance floor, it took ages for everyone to finally take their seats. The master of ceremonies stood in the centre of the dance floor and congratulated the newly wed couple, before he said, "Dinner is served!". A plethora of servants appeared, waitresses poured drinks and ladled out soup. A pair of dancers took to the dancefloor and started the entertainment, they waltzed around like they were dancing on air.

Easton looked at his wife, "Have you had a nice day so far?" he asked, having another mouthful of soup.

Rose looked around and then down at her ring finger, "I've had a wonderful day, I can't believe I'm your wife!" she replied before she leant forward and kissed him. Easton tasted like carrot soup, but it didn't matter, she was his wife, she was the mother of his child and she was excited to spend the rest of her life with him.

The rest of the day flew by, and it wasn't long before the day turned into night and everyone was going home. The driver of the carriage appeared, and he led the two of them to the carriage. They climbed into the ladybird carriage which still looked as pretty in the light from a lantern as it did in the sunlight. Sat down the couple waved to the crowds around them, Mary the nanny appeared and gave a sleeping baby Edwin to Easton. The driver lifted the reins and the carriage lifted into flight as the ladybirds flew up into the air to take the little Royal family to start a new chapter of their lives. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 9.4K 26
✔Completed✔ There is a world where out there... where fairytale's in our world is a reality in theirs. A demon king who has been jailed finally break...
88 1 42
Two kingdoms and two women, inexorably linked through distant memory. One cannot remember who she was, and the other cannot see the truth of her pres...
270K 9.9K 29
🔞🔞 Tw:: abuse / violence / sexual themes / gore It's tradition for a Fae to marry a demon if peace between the realms is to continue. The fairy...