Emotionless: Spock x Reader

By RiverSong1996

An emotionless girl works in the science division of the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain Kirk. Sh... More

Shore Leave
Galileo
Questions and Answers
I'm trying to work
Paradise and a Smile
Silicon
A day in the Enterprise
Fight to Death
Wake up Call
Universe Two
The Apple's of Paradise
Transmission from an Admiral
Delegates
Universe Two- Kahn's Wrath
How to ask a Question?
Old Fears Resurface
I need you
Tribble of a Mess
Big Problems
Too Close to Home
Galaxy Trouble
Kohns vs Yangs
M-5
M-5 pt. 2
Don't Go
A Harsh Reality
Beginnings of Exhaustion
I'm Breaking, Shattered, Tired
Obelisk
Universe Two, Rescue Mission

Ultra Violet

1.5K 43 0
By RiverSong1996

Today I had been called up to the bridge to assist Mr. Spock as we looked for what had killed off several planets. There was not a whole lot I could suggest with just star charts so I sat in silent observation. "Evaluation Mr. Spock." Kirk came walking over to where McCoy, Spock and I were standing.

I really didn't understand why I was here. They had left me in my lab for the past month and a half, now this. "As I speculated, Captain. The overall pattern of mass insanity destroying civilians follows an almost straight line through this section of the galaxy."

I hummed moving to the star charts. "Over here the ancient Beta Portalon system the ancient civilizations. I've examined the fragments as best I could and have determined them to be the beginning. This was followed by Livinius five some two hundred years ago. Then Seta Thigni twelve, and lastly Ingraham B two years ago. Based off of these we can estimate Deniva would be next to follow this strange event."

I turned back to the Captain. "Bones, (Y/n), do you have a theory... about the cause of this?"

I shook my head and shrugged. The ruins didn't give me any information and even after examining the bodies I had come up empty. "Not enough data. We either make it to the Colony in time for me to take a look, or we miss the event entirely. Hopefully the latter."

McCoy looked to me for a second. "No medical or scientific cause for what happened on those planets, Jim."

This wasn't satisfactory. "But it follows a definite pattern, a systematic progression from planet to planet." Then something odd began to happen. Sulu picked up a ship on the sensors heading right into the Denovin sun. It was bound to burn up. My brow furrowed as Kirk had Sulu plot an interception course. The only thing I could do was watch.

Noting that the Denivon must have already been struck by the madness, his ship's course plotted directly for the sun. It was not out of control, so... it had been done on purpose. I watched the Kirk hail the ship, asking if they could reverse course. Both of our ships were getting far too close to the sun. Hull temperature having reached over one thousand degrees.

The answer we received... left me confused. "I did it. It's finally gone. I'm free. I'm-" static. The ship was done, there was nothing left to save. It had already made its way to Deniva. I stared at the screen as Kirk ordered the full one eighty return to our original course. Our hull temperature was beginning to return to normal, but that wasn't what had my attention. I was more focused on what would possess someone to fly into the sun.

My hands folded in front of me as I ran through what had occurred and what had been said. "That Denevan ship headed deliberately into the sun. Why?" Kirk spoke as he stood just below McCoy.

McCoy had his hands behind his back. "There's one possobility. Mass insanity may have already reached this planet, too." I nodded in agreement, adjusting my newly issued dress. This one was For the most part still blue as it was my main job. The sleeves on the other hand, had Yellow and Red stripes running around the cuffs. The collar and belt were also Red, and it was slightly longer than the usual uniform. Uhura mentioned that she was still having trouble with the transmitter call to Deneva but was asked to keep trying. "Jim, your brother Sam and his family, aren't they stationed on this planet?"

To this I straightened up a little further. I wasn't even aware he had a brother, but it didn't surprise me. There were a lot of things I didn't know. If it were true... then I would just have to work harder to defeat this madness. Time passed further and I went over readings with Spock. Scotty eventually making his way over to us. "Planet development is normal, Captain. Originally colonized as a freighting line base in this area."

I found this a good time to leave. "Aye, they make regular trips from here, carrying supplies to the asteroid belt for the miners and bringing cargo out. I've made the round a couple of times myself as an engineering advisor."

Holding up a hand I paused Spock's next statement. "If you gentlemen will excuse me, I will be heading to my quarters. Until I land on planet there is little I can do for you from here. Please call me once we reach orbit." With that said I walked to the elevator heading to Deck eight. I was called to the transporter room a few hours later.

Not only were Kirk and McCoy there but Scotty and one other red dressed officers. "Set your phasers on stun. We're going to beam directly into the capital city. Alert status. Mr. Spock."

I turned to see Spock making his way into the main room. "Lieutenant Uhura has had no further response to our signals. Sensors report the expected number of humans on the planet surface; however, they are strangely quiet. Very little activity." Kirk gave a small nod, licking his lips in worry. He was turning to us.

Letting us know further orders. "I'll want a complete transcript of everything that happens down there, Yeoman." With that we loaded up onto the transporter. My tricorder sitting on my right side ready to examine everything and anything. Once we had beamed down the place looked practically deserted. Not a soul in sight. "There are almost a million inhabitants of Deneva. There's more than one hundred thousand in this city alone. Where is everyone?"

I was already scanning the air for forign particles and bacteria that could cause this. "They are here, Captain, in the buildings. Strangely quietcent." Kirk brothers lab was just a little ways away. Perhaps I could get some blood samples to look over from someone in the lab? I watched the uncertainty build. Hoping someone was where he wanted to go, perhaps someone in his family. I paused at the sound of shouting, lowering my tricorder slightly. "Captain, several people approaching."

There were four men running down the stairs yelling at us to get away... I didn't understand. In each of their hands was a metal pipe of some sort. Kirk ordered the men to fire on a stunned setting, this would just knock them out for a bit. McCoy and I bent down next to them for a small examination. "Did you hear what they said, Mr. Spock?" I held my tricorder above one of the men.

Out of the four one wore orange, one red, green and an off yellow color. McCoy was closest to the green and off yellow. I had the red and orange men. "Indeed. They seemed concerned for our safety." Now that I could see the pipes closer I could tell they were clear and made out of some glass or plastic like material. They were completely solid, not hollow like I had presumed they would be. "Their attitude was inconsistent with their actions."

My lips drew a fine line with the readings I was getting. "There's something wrong, Jim. Their nervous systems... unconscious like this, there should be just routine autonomic activity. But I'm getting a very high reading, as though even in their unconscious state, they're being violently stimulated." I nodded in agreement, my readings were showing the same reaction. I turned my head when I heard a scream erupt from one of the rooms. I stuck close to Spock, it made logical sense for the two of us to work together when I wasn't with McCoy or Scotty.

They girl in this lab was trying to hold a metal piece in place, seeing us she walked over asking us to keep them away as she cried in hysterics. Kirk had McCoy take a look at her, I wanted to see what was going on with that vent. It had to lead somewhere. As I followed Spock I was starting to get some rather odd readings again. "Captain, I understand how you-" Spock went back to help Kirk while I continued my search.

Kirk wasn't ready for reassurance just yet. "Yes, yes Mr. Spock. You heard my sister-in-law say something about 'they' are here. Any ideas?"

To this I walked closer, not really paying attention to the conversation but knew enough to tell them my thoughts. "I would say whatever is behind that ventilator is what they were trying to keep out. These odd readings I seem to be getting are confusing my tricorder. Still, whatever they were trying to keep out must have found some way in." I muttered looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

McCoy was ready to go back to the Enterprise. I let them know all I wanted was some blood and hair samples placed in my labs coolers. I would return later. I still needed to see what I could discover here. "Take charge of the landing party, Mr. Spock... and watch out for (Y/n). I want some answers to all this." I nodded watching him walk away. Even I wasn't sure what to tell him in this moment.

Anything I could say wouldn't be enough, especially not with how I was now. The best way for me to help right now was to find whatever was causing this problem and a way to stop it from continuing. I checked in with Spock every once in awhile, letting him know my current location but other than that I didn't stop my search. Currently, I was heading to a building that had a rather strange buzzing sound coming from it. I had just entered when Kirk and the others made it in.

I let them clear the house while I looked around with my tricorder in one hand phaser in the other. Spock told me to set it to force three... to kill. I was against the idea but there was little that could be done on the matter. My eyes narrowed as I walked to the sound of sucking. I stopped and looked up. "Captain.. Spock... I think I found something... odd. They both turned phasers ready.

Seeing the thin cell like creatures hanging on the ceiling was strange. One of them dropped and flew at me. I ducked with a small yelp escaping my lips. "Form a ring." I nodded getting close to Kirk and Spock in this ring. Dodging more of those alien cell things. The fact that they could fly like disks was crazy enough, I watched as they shot at one of them. Seeing them fall to the ground. The others started to fly away from our group, I walked quickly past them to examine one with my tricorder. Spock went after the other.

I was astounded by what the tricorder was giving off. "Incredible." I more muttered that while Spock said it openly. "Not only should it have been destroyed by our phasers, it does not even register on my tricorder." And I agreed with the Yeoman about it not even looking real. "It's not life as we know or understand it. Yet it is obviously alive, it exists..."

Kirk finished for Spock. "And it can bear up under full phaser power." Spock wanted to risk taking on onboard an I had just the container in my lab to put it in. "It's too closed in here. It may be a trap. Let's move out." I nodded following the group out to the stairs. Then I heard something for a split second, turning the two creatures were flying straight at us. One of them attached to me, the other to Spock. I grunted, taking a few steps back. Eyes wide in complete shock. I couldn't stay on my feet, my knees buckled and I hit the hard floor. "Spock, (Y/n). Spock, (Y/n)!" My tricorder fell from my hands as someone in red was trying to hold me down.

I reached back onto my shoulders but the other person tore it from me. My breaths were running to quickly, and slowing them was going to take time. I turned to Spock, my cheek pressed against the floor. He was keeled over, Kirk kneeling over him, and looking between the two of us. My entire being was shaking.

I hadn't been expecting that. "It's gone. Can you stand? Spock, (Y/n), are you both all right?" I shook my head as the person in red moved me so that I was sitting up. I could just make out Scotty's face. We beamed back to the Enterprise immediately and were taken straight to Sickbay. They were trying to keep me sedated but it wasn't working. I watched from my bed as they examined Spock, yet their words were too fuzzy for me to make out through the pain.

I did see what they took out of Spock's back and wanted to examine it in my lab. I had better equipment in there. Yet as it was, I wasn't going to be able to focus on that. When McCoy went to leave I grabbed hold of his wrist. "I want.. One of those... to examine... In my lab. I.. I need.. To get to... my lab." My breathing was heavily pained, but I needed to look at those blasted things that were more than likely crawling around in my body.

He shook his head. "I can't let you go to your lab in this condition, (Y/n). The captain would have both of our heads. I do need to know if you have a powerful sedative that would work on Spock. Keep him unconscious for awhile." I nodded, telling him to look for kusut d'thin. It was in my medical cooler, a green vial.

After he left I curled into a ball, my nerve endings were burning with pain. It was a few hours before Spock shot up out of bed. I tried to follow him but ended up no more than two feet from my own bed before collapsing in pain. I groaned through it and followed him as fast as I could down the halls. I followed him all the way to the bridge before collapsing again in the turbo lift. He was throwing people around like rag dolls, but I knew that if I could get to him... he would stop.

I didn't have any reason to believe it would work, but it was worth a shot. Shakely I got to my feet, and jumped off the railings onto Spock's back. "Mr. Spock... you need... to stop." He was reaching for my neck with all his might but I refused to move my arms from his. "Snap out of.. It. Mr. Spock, you are... a Vulcan... you think with... logic. These actions... are illogical. You're just... in pain. I understand... I can.. Feel it too. But you must... think... logically." He was grunting that he had to the whole time. I shook my head pressing it against his shoulders. "No, you musn't..." Everyone on the bridge was just watching the exchange. Each second growing even more excruciating.

That was when I saw the nurse enter with the green vial loaded into a hypo. I nodded as McCoy cane rushing over and gave him the space he would need to inject the serum As it pressurized in his body loosened until he fell back. I groaned in pain, tears running down my eyes as they rolled him off of me.

They took the both of us back to Sickbay, security restraints were used on Spock. I just laid in my cot with my eyes closed. "The K-3 indicator registers the level of pain. Now watch as I turn it on." I opened my eyes slightly, just enough to see his K-3 indicator. I watched it go all the way up, and Spock writhe in agony. It slowly turned back on. "Now that's what they're both going through. Medications are not working on (Y/n) and she didn't have anything in her lab. I've never seen anything like it. No wonder the poor devils go mad."

Spock opened his eyes, and he turned his head to me. I just closed my eyes again, my knuckles white as I clutched the covers. He let out a heavy breath. "Doctor McCoy.... Captain... Is (Y/n) okay? I didn't hurt her, correct?" I didn't have the strength to groan at the moment.

Kirk stood between our two beds. "Spock.. She wasn't injured by you, but she is still in great pain. The same pain you are feeling right now. Only our medicines aren't working for her."

I watched him nod. "I see." A small pause from him. "These restraints will no longer be necessary. Nor will your sedatives, Doctor. I'll be able to return to duty. I apologize for my weakness earlier when I tried to take control of the ship. I simply did not understand."

McCoy crossed his arms, Kirk eyed him warily. "What is there to understand, Mr. Spock?" McCoy seems to always have this condescending face about him. Something about Spock being a Vulcan and pain being a thing of the mind. In his words the mind could be controlled.

I moved to sit up, long groans escaping my lips before I was quickly pushed down. I eyed the captain before taking his hand off my shoulder. His touch was shooting pain into my entire being. "I call horse shit. Pain has a lot more than just your mind, Spock. There are different levels. This is not one so easily hidden. If you were about to say what I think you were, then I might as well be a Klingon. You are just using shear force of will, like myself to block out as much as you can. " Kirk smirked.

Giving a small shake of his head. "Not only that, you're only half Vulcan. What about you're human half?"

Spock seemed to twitch slightly, his head moving to prove he was still in pain. "It is proving to be an inconvenience, but it is manageable."

I scoffed raising my brows slightly. "Welcome to my world." I muttered under my breath. He glanced to me, curiosity flooding his eyes before the pain took over. "Sir... I would like to go to my lab. I will give you all the keys to my animal cages so that I can't open them. I will stay at my chair, but I have tests to run. I need to figure a way to stop this. Even without Spock's telepathic abilities, that creature is pressuring me... probably Spock as well. I can feel their want for the ship, but if I lock myself in my lab... I can't.. Can't."

(Spock POV)

(Y/n) had surprised me. She was able to ignore the pain these creatures were giving her. Even for me it was difficult. "Sir... I would like to go to my lab. I will give you all the keys to my animal cages so that I can't open them. I will stay at my chair, but I have tests to run. I need to figure a way to stop this. Even without Spock's telepathic abilities, that creature is pressuring me... probably Spock as well. I can feel their want for the ship, but if I lock myself in my lab... I can't.. Can't."

Her eyes closed and she dropped back onto the cot. Her respirations dropped significantly and her K-3 meter went to the top. She had been averaging into the high red, but this must have pushed even her limits. McCoy rushed to her side, lying her on the bed properly. "Damn, I'm surprised she held out for so long. She isn't in any danger yet, but we have to figure something out soon."

The Captain walked over to her side, taking her hand and squeezing it between both of his. It was obvious he cared for her, but with hsi position they could never be together unless she transferred to a different vessel. "Can he control it the way he says, Bones?" Kirk asked turning his head to look to McCoy.

McCoy sighed, placing his hands on her cot. "Who knows, Jim. I know the amount of pain can inflict on him. You saw what it did to (Y/n) and she has remained very level headed. "But whether he can control it, hour-to-hour..."

I turned to face the roof. "I have my own will, Captain. Let me help. Would you not let (Y/n)?" He confirmed that he needed me, but that in (Y/n)'s condition, he would never have let her set foot in her lab. They couldn't take any chances. They were going to keep me confined for a while longer. I just needed to maintain control , then he would think about it." As they left I felt the pain spike and groaned. When both of them left, I opened my eyes. "I am a vulcan... I am a vulcan. There... is no pain."

Now I just needed to get out of these straps. After I broke through them I moved to sit up. There was work to be done. Taking (Y/n) over my shoulder I walked to her lab, settling her on her cot. I would come back here later and reach into her mind to see what needed to be done. Next, the transporter room. "Mr. Spock. I thought you were still confined to Sickbay."

My reply was simple. "I was." He stopped me in my tracks asking where I thought I was going. "I have an errand in the planet surface. Ms. (Y/n) needs a specimen and I offered to get it for her. You will beam me down to the same coordinates as before." He didn't see this likely to happen. It was an order, not a request. Unfortunately, Kirk was ahead of me. That left only one thing I could do in this situation.

I knocked Scotty aside and nerve pinched the other man. Scotty recovered quickly pointing his phaser at me. I stopped, waiting for him to get close enough. "This is Mr. Scott in the transporter room. Get me the Captain." I didn't move, if anything I would have a better chance of convincing Kirk than Scotty.

A few minutes passed before Kirk walked in with McCoy in tow, two security officers following behind. "Mr. Spock. I gave you an order to stay in the Sickbay." I agreed, noting that he said until the pain was gone. I informed him that I had discontinued it. To this he turned to Scotty.

"He said he was transporting down to the surface, that he had to get something for my little Vulcan, sir. Your orders were that no one was to beam down unless you authorized it. And knowing Mr. Spock's determination on some things, I thought I'd better hold him here until I got your orders."

Kirk nodded. "One of the creatures will have to be captured and analyzed, Captain. We did not have a clear opportunity to do so earlier when.... When (Y/n) and I were attacked. Since my nervous system is already afflicted, as you pointed out, Doctor, I don't believe they could do much more to me."

Both men were staring me down. "Jim, this is ridiculous. I don't want my patients running around. He should be in bed. "

Looks like I have to reiterate myself again. "I am in complete control of myself, Doctor. The fact that I am here proves that I do not belong in bed." There was a long pause. "Also, you will not find (Y/n) in Sickbay. I will only tell you where she is once I have gotten the specimen."

Kirk looked angry. "Mr. Spock... your logic as usual... is inescapable. But should anything happen to her before you return, I will hold you personally responsible." I gave a small nod. "Beam him down. Stay in constant touch. Give him your phaser. He'll need that, too." I took the phaser from scotty.

I felt bad about doing this just to get a specimen but it had to be done. "Thank you, Captain." With that I walked to the transporter. "(Y/n) is somewhere safe. You do not need to worry about her." Kirk gave the order to energize. I started walking back to where we found the strange creatures in the first place. One of the men attacked me. Hitting the phaser out of my hand. Waiting for the right moment I got him into a vulcan neck pinch.

The problem was it distracted me from keeping the pain at bay. Pushing it aside I grabbed the phaser using the wall for support. Hurrying back to the building I found several still clinging to the ceiling. Excellent. It was painful to descend the stairs but it had to be done. I needed to get one of these to (Y/n)'s lab. Taking care not to scare the others off I knelt down and took aim.

I shot one of them down off the wall, making my way over to it slowly I kept my eyes on the others in the room. Once close enough I picked the creature up with a pair of clamps, stored it in my box and slowly backed out of the room. Once completed I called the Enterprise for extraction. Making my way from the transporter room to (Y/n)'s lab as quickly as I could. She was sitting in her chair, a holding container at the ready. There was a second chair next to her. I guess she heard the door open.

Her chair swivel slowly, the shutters open to the space beyond them. "Welcome back Mr. Spock. Did you get my creature?" Her face was screwed up in pain, nails digging in her arm. I lifted the container to, which she stood with her weight against the table. I motioned her to sit down, I could handle this. Opening the lid I carefully removed the creature from my container into her container.

Taking a seat in the other chair after I was done I watched her work. It was a few hours before she had something, she pushed against the table to her intercom. "(Y/n) to bridge. Please send the Captain to my lab. I have something for him." She offered me a dead smile, like she had given Kirk. "Well Mr. Spock. Hopefully we can get this mess all fixed up." I nodded my agreement. It took ten minutes for Kirk to walk in with McCoy. "Welcome to my humble abode, gentlemen. I believe I have something that will prove most useful."

She winced but pushed against the wall as to return to her table, report in hand. Holding it out to Kirk as McCoy started checking on the two of us. "Doctor, your medical skills and curiosity are quite admirable, but I assure you I'm alright. This can also wait until she is finished. There is work to be done."

She raised a brow slightly, before delving into her explanation McCoy stopped her. "You may be controlling the pain or out right ignoring it, Mr. Spock, but you're both far from alright." I noticed (Y/n) shift uncomfortably.

This had not been my intent. "I find this more important, Doctor. (Y/n) if you would." I motioned for her to speak. She asked for them to observe as she showed them what she had done in tests. She explained what the creature essentially was, how this resembled a singular brain cell.

Kirk seemed to catch onto what she had been suggesting. This could have been one cell in a large organism. Despite being a separate entity it was guided by the whole. Drawing its strength from the hole. Then she went off on the Denevon that had flown into the sun. Having run temperature and Radiation analysis of the creature to no effect. This left light Ray's.

She doubted we needed the whole spectrum just what you couldn't get by using a normal artificial light source. Black light, UV Rays, and the like. She couldn't test that without the correct equipment. McCoy didn't understand, light wasn't lethal. Kirk caught on. Remembering how the creatures stayed in the shadows. It was the only logical option we had left to us.

With the group in agreement we took the container into the lab with the proper equipment. McCoy assisted her in building a test cubical. She was uncertain as to what form of light would work so they rigged up for the full spectrum. She had to stop half way through to sit down.

Her head was pressed against the wall. "(Y/n), how are you holding up against the pain?" I asked having made my way to her. As a human she lacked the same disciplines that I had as a Vulcan.

She hummed glancing up to me. Her usually cold dead eyes were screaming out in pain, her skin soaked in sweat. "I'll be fine. So long as I can narrow... down which light Rays are most effective against this creature. I doubt it's the full spectrum but it's better to be secure in the findings. How are you holding up, Mr. Spock?"

I patted her shoulder, much like how I had seen the captain do on a few occasions. "I am doing what I can. It is proving to be difficult, even with my mental abilities. Let's wait to see the results." She nodded slowly, her eyes shutting as she dipped forward into her seat. Unconscious, the pain must have overwhelmed her again.

My hand rested against the back of the chair as her weight pressed against it. Even in such a state she looked to be in pain. Our work done we secured the creature in the chamber. "Your figures are of course accurate?" Kirk asked glancing down for a second as I confirmed my figures.

I had adjusted the light to the intensity at the point where the Denevon had declared himself free. We downed our masks, McCoy securing one to (Y/n) before turning on the machine. Once complete we put the masks down and looked at the creature. It was dead. This no doubt had worked, yet as (Y/n) had stated, she wanted to do an autopsy to see what exactly killed it. She was certain it wasn't every spectrum.

The next logical step was to test it on a host. Kirk agreed, trying to convince McCoy was a different matter. I offered to be the test subject. I was the only logical choice. (Y/n) was in no condition to even get out of her current chair. "Do you know what one million candle light per square inch can do to your optic nerves?"

I did but that wasn't the issue here. After a few moments further of debate I walked into the chamber and took a seat. A scream of pain erupted from the other room. Getting out of the chamber we all rushed to (Y/n)'s side. She was curled up on the floor having fallen out of the chair. She was screaming, clawing, kicking at everyone who tried to touch her. I managed to get a hold on her long enough for McCoy to inject a green liquid into her system.

Her movements slowed until she stopped. McCoy immediately ran his tricorder over her to see what happened. "Jim... if this works she has to be next. The pain is off the charts and has increased her heart rate into dangerous levels. If we don't get these things out soon... she'll die." Carefully we moved her back to the chair and I entered the chamber.

I sat in the chair as they closed the door. Preparing myself for the light that was to come. When it flashed on I shut my eyes feeling the change in my own body as the creature died. Upon opening my eyes... I saw nothing. "Spock are you all right?" Kirk sounded like he was standing next to me.

I stood still for a moment. "The creature within me is gone. I am free of it, and the pain." I started forward only to walk into a table. "I'm also, quite blind. An equitable trade, Doctor. Thank you." Someone was gripping my arms. I felt my way back to a seat. As I sat the results came back.

It was silent as he went over them. "Uh-oh. We threw the total spectrum of light at the creature. It wasn't necessary. As (Y/n) had originally thought, they only needed the one."

I found it interesting. These creatures were sensitive, like dogs were to sound, to light. The one we could not see. It was as she had thought, UV Rays were our best option. "You tell me, that Spock, need not have been blinded." This was my fault, we should have waited for the results. (Y/n) would have insisted on it. Still, it was worth the risk.

What was done, had been done. There was no going back. I listened as they dragged (Y/n) into the modified chamber. As for if it would work after she awoke was a different story entirely. Then they did the same for Kirk's nephew. As they set up for the planet I sat beside (Y/n)'s bed.

She was laying on her side, hair loosely pooling around her. Several strands covered her face. She was sleeping quite peacefully I should think. Reaching out a hand I gently tucked some loose strands behind her ear. "Well, Spock. Looks like you got your sight back. Care to explain?" McCoy walked into the room, probably to check her levels.

I informed him that lick lizards, Vulcans had a second eyelid. As I finished she had started to come around. Eyes slowly opening, just as dead as they always were but they weren't pained anymore. "Mr. Spock? Doctor McCoy? What... did it work?"

She moved to sit up but I gently pushed her back onto the bed. "Yes. Your hypothesis proved to be correct in that they only needed UV light to be killed." She nodded, seeming to enjoy being able to breathe normally.

McCoy stepped forward running his tricorder over her carefully. "I'd say all you need now is some more bedrest and you will be good to return to the lab. They've already cleared the planet so there is no need to worry about them." She hummed letting her eyes close again.

She mumbled something. "That's good, Doctor. I'm just... going to get some more sleep." I could hardly make it out, her mouth hardly forming the words. Having fallen asleep just as Kirk walked in.

He walked over to where we had gathered. "She'll be fine, Jim. She's just tired. I would be too if I'd gone through what she did. Her vitals are stable and from what I could see she didn't appear to be in any pain either." Kirk nodded as he listened to McCoy speak. They went off to talk about something else that I could not hear leaving me with the sleeping girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 138 24
You've read the version where Serenity met Jim at an early age and became siblings. But what if they didn't meet until the Academy, where Serenity r...
8K 236 16
Set after the 2009 Star Trek movie and before/during Into Darkness* After the defeat of Nero the USS Enterprise have been given a years mission with...
769 21 21
"Spock, do you know what the word hiraeth means?" Spock's eyebrows cocked upward and he took a shallow breath in. He didn't answer. Indy waited for h...
301K 10.2K 34
"Maybe it's time we stopped trying to stay away from each other," I said, surprising myself with my confidence. A tiny smirk of a smile skittered acr...