𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑 π’πŠπ„π‹π“π„π‘...

By nowheremans

"Do, don't you want me to love you I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you!" [THE BEATLES] Β©nowheremans More

HELTER SKELTER
EPIGRAPH
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

9.

611 31 13
By nowheremans

NOVEMBER 5, 1959

"OW! Bloody hell!"

I groaned and turned in my bed. I rolled my eyes before getting up and grabbing a jumper paired with capri trousers and quickly getting dressed. I stomped down the stairs and stared into the kitchen. I was met with the sight of John waving his fingers at me, feet crossed on top of the dining room table, drinking a cup of tea.

John has been doing this for the past week. I'm not sure why he's wanted to leave Mimi's first thing in the morning, but I'm not questioning it.

"Diana, wake up! I've found a scouser in our kitchen!" I yelled, pouring myself some tea.

"Scouser? Sounds like a nasty disease. I'll test my luck from up here!" She yelled back. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"I can't seem to understand how Geo is in love with that American prick," John stated blandly.

I rose a brow at him, my lips moving into a smirk. "In love?" I questioned.

John nodded his head with a slight smile.

"That's dangerous."

Poor George falling in love so easily with someone almost as fucked up as me. I honestly felt sad for him knowing that once the honeymoon was over, Diana wouldn't know what to do anymore. Things are happening too fast for either of them to grasp onto their actual feelings about one another.

"Dangerous? Maybe I should tell Macca to stop falling head over heels for you then." John studied me closely, and I knew he could see right through my poker face.

"Oh please. Paul couldn't have feelings for anyone that doesn't shag him at first sight," I joked half-heartedly, turning away to pretend to do some dishes at the sink.

The sound of Diana stumbling down the stairs saved me from John's next comment. She appeared at the doorway, clothes and hair in disarray. Her monotonous face stared at John.

"Out," she ordered.

John laughed in disbelief. "Can't get rid of me that easily, yank."

"Out," I mirrored Diana's stance.

He looked at both of us incredulously. "You're serious? Didn't your mother teach you about hospitality?"

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, shaking the chair he was sitting on. He oh so gracefully jumped up and stared at me with a shocked expression.

"Get out Lennon, or we're calling the police," I lied, crossing my arms.

He put his hands up in defense and rolled his eyes. He walked with his head down out the kitchen, mumbling something about 'looney birds'. The sound of the front door opening and slamming shut came in a few seconds.

I looked at Diana with a raised brow. "So, why did we just kick John out?"

I could barely see her face as she walked straight for the toaster, popping some bread in, and pouring herself some tea. She took a large gulp before turning to look at me, I'm assuming I couldn't really tell.

"I need some time without any men lurking about. We are going to have a fun day in, cleaning and talking." She finished off the tea, putting the cup in the sink.

"And I said yes to this when?" I asked with an annoyed expression, tightening my crossed arms against my chest. I actually wanted to go see the guys practice today.

She pulled her hair back into a bun, rolling her eyes at me. "Oh please. You know you need a day away from them to relax and think. I know you do," she pleaded with me, a sliver of worry on her face.

I breathed out heavily and closed my eyes. Fucking hate that she's always right. I do need to wind down a little. "Fine."

She smiled at me and patted my cheek as she walked past me to go upstairs. I slapped her hand away, already planning to rearrange every picture and trinket in our house to drive her mad.

🎶🎵🎶

It turns out that Diana's strange behavior was her finally realizing what to do with her life. Dear old Dee wants to be a director, she said that she's had the passion for film ever since she saw Citizen Kane, the 'greatest piece of film ever known'. Her being gone at random intervals was her scrounging up money to buy a Balda camera. How she gathered enough money to afford that? I didn't ask.

The flash blinded me once again, my already depreciating vision probably being hindered more. I spun and posed like Marilyn Monroe, donned with big sunglasses, a baggy button-down shirt of my brother's that I stole, shorts, and knee socks, my hair strewn across my face messily, finished with a wink.

Diana shook her head at me as she fumbled with the camera. "This sucks. You make that outfit look good. It's like you're a model."

I rolled my eyes, and denied her statement. Any different response would feel unnatural. And of course, she rolled her eyes back.

"I'm serious, you could make a lot of green strutting in front of sleazy men with cameras." She deadpanned, taking a picture randomly.

"Tell me why I'm doing it for free right now then?" I rose an eyebrow, putting my hands on my hips.

Diana scoffed and set her camera down, getting up to tackle me. I squealed and chuckled, dodging her and taking the camera. I turned it around and took a picture of both of our faces. The last one we took before we remembered film cost money, we posed like Ancient Greek statues and took another picture of ourselves.

"Should I be a model?" I asked, now laying on the sofa staring at the water-stained ceiling while Diana lays face down on the floor. "Looks like this whole writing thing won't work out."

"I think you should write. Men don't need another pretty face to pine after, they need a good book to put some sense into them." She mumbled, her squished face against the carpet muffling her voice.

I sighed and picked at my nails. "Well said mi amigo." I reached over and slapped her on the back a little too rough.

She mumbled a 'bitch' right as the doorbell tried to ring, but the sound fizzed out.

"Bugger!" I yelled, springing up to yell at any of the five boys that would be at the door. "God damn doorbell."

I swung the door open, seeing red as I was far from calm now.

"This is what girls wear now? Looks like I've been with the posh girls too long."

The smile that adorned my face physically hurt. He was here. I didn't believe him when he said that he'd visit, but he was actually here.

I squealed and jumped into his arms. "Syrus!"

He chuckled before letting himself in, pausing when he saw Diana laying on the floor in front of the sofa. "What's that?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"New rug from America."

"Oh? Yank birds are always pretty, aren't they?" Syrus smiled when Diana snapped up to look at him with scrunched eyebrows and an open mouth.

"This yank is taken!" She exclaimed, standing up and crossing her arms.

I smacked Syrus on the arm. "Yeah, she's taken ya' cheeky git!"

"Doesn't mean I can't admire."

I smacked him again across the back of the head. "Oi! Ya' come here to see me or flirt with my friend?"

"Came here to visit you, oh sister dear," he drawled out, putting a hand over his heart mockingly.

I couldn't help but smile at him, even if he was a wanker. "Come on then. Let me give ya' the grand tour."

I showed him the house, and pointed out the slippery stairs after he had tripped on them and fell. Diana hid on the sofa, toying with her camera. When we got to the kitchen and all was quiet I already knew what was coming.

"Mum's worries about ya'," he informed, leaning across the counter to look at me on the other side.

I snorted. "Yeah? The world would tilt on it's axis the day that mum worried about me."

"I know you don't like her," he sighed out, "but she's our family for Christ sakes. She wants you to have a comfortable life."

"Not everyone wants to be a fucking doctor, or some other respectable shite." My face held an amused smile, but my blood boiled at the woman in question.

"Trust me, ya' know I get that." Ya' know she forced me to be something I don't want.

There was silence as we looked at each other. Our arguments never had a winner, we both just gave up and pretended like it never happened.

"How much should I bet that there's only wine, maybe two kinds of foods, in the fridge?" He spoke up again, pointing to the fridge.

I flashed him a sarcastic smile. "Bet your entire doctor's salary."

He sighed and shook his head, standing up straight before ushering me to follow. I rolled my eyes and questioned where we were going.

"To the fucking market. I'm buyin' ya' some real food so you don't turn into drunk Aunt Sally, living off wine and bread." He explained while walking to the front of the house.

"Aye, we have cheese too." I protested, grabbing my long coat so I didn't have to change, and my boots.

"Mmhm," he hummed, opening the front door before poking his head back in for an after-thought. "Bring the rug."

I practically dragged Diana out the door, and the three musketeers were on their way.

🎶🎵🎶

Oooooo it has been too long and I apologize. I swear I have the rest of part one (yes there will be multiple parts) planned out already. It's just a matter of writing it 🤭

I've been writing a lot lately, which means I have a new book based off my other obsession, Band of Brothers. If you have amazon prime I highly suggest it!!!

But please go and give my book BABY BLUE some love if you love that show!!

Tell me how you guys are doing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
608K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
324K 9.7K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
81.3K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...