𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 | π˜›π˜¦π˜¦...

By skaikrurogers

in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills... More

INTRO
1 | where in the world is lydia
2 | we need each other
4 | another day, another problem
5 | what the holy hell is that
6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one
7 | everything is (not) fine
8 | houston, we have a problem
9 | operation: save lydia
10 | you're not gay
11 | killing people to death
12 | i'm the worst
13 | any other theories, sherlock?
14 | gotta catch them all
15 | everything is ruined
16 | it's my party and i'll go crazy if i want to
17 | the truth about matt
18 | i didn't ask for any of this
19 | time's up
20 | masterplan
book three + ASK MEILANI QUESTIONS!

3 | there's another wolf

3.7K 139 68
By skaikrurogers

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Meilani paced back and forth in the woods while she waited for Allison to come meet her. Her thumbnail was practically chewed to nail bed at this point because of the added stress of Allison's grandfather. She thought when Peter died she would have less shit to worry about, especially with Scott and Allison both knowing about the supernatural world. If anything, she had more to stress about now than she did before Derek became Alpha. 

"Lani?"

Meilani stopped her pacing and turned to face the curly, brunette who made her way over. Much like Meilani, the brunette wore a dark beanie and jacket. It was forever cold at night in Beacon Hills, making it summer during the day and winter at night. "Alli, hey."

"Is everything okay?" Allison asked, concern evident in her tone. "Your text seemed urgent. Is it the full moon tomorrow night?"

"No, it's not that," Meilani replied, chewing on her lip as she felt bad needing to question Allison like this. However, she needed to know what exactly her and Derek would be dealing with. "Um, I just need to ask you something about your family. Your grandfather to be more specific."

Allison furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "Okay, but I don't really know him. He's just the guy that sends me checks in the mail every year for my birthday."

"Does he know we're friends? About me?"

"No, my dad hasn't said a thing," Allison replied, tilting her head as she took in Meilani's stressed expression. "Lani, what's going on? Did something else happen?"

Meilani sighed, running a hand over her face. "We just... we just need to be more careful right now, okay? You know, about being seen in public and stuff."

"They won't split us up," Allison assured Meilani with a smile, wrapping her arms around the wolf girl. "Never."

Meilani laid her head on Allison's shoulder, hugging the girl back tightly. "I know."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"I'm serious. It's not like the last full moon," Meilani said to Stiles as she followed him and Scott through the halls towards the locker room. "I don't feel the same."

"Does that include the urge to maim and kill people like Scott and me?" Stiles retorted.

Meilani rolled her eyes, following her boyfriend and twin into the boys' locker room where the other boys were already dressed so she was actually allowed inside. "I don't have the urge to maim and kill you or Scott."

"You say that now, but when the full moon goes up and out come the fans and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay?" Stiles ranted in one breath and Meilani was shocked he didn't pass out from lack of oxygen.

Scott rose an eyebrow at his best friend with an amused expression. "You are seriously the most dramatic person I have ever met."

"It's still stressful," Stiles continued, ignoring Scott's comment. "So, yes, I'm locking you up."

Meilani leant against the side of the row of the lockers, Stiles' being the one on the end. "Okay, fine. I do think I'm in more control now though, especially since I have you," she smiled flirtatiously at her boyfriend, playing with the open sides of his red and black flannel.

Scott waved his hands around behind Stiles with a disgusted look on his face. "Brother standing right here! Can you guys stop before I maim and kill myself before Meilani can do it?"

Meilani let go of Stiles' flannel and put a respectful amount of space between her and her boyfriend so she wouldn't gross out her brother. "I just hope you have something better than handcuffs this time."

"I swear if people heard this conversation right now, they would think of this in the wrong way," Scott commented, glancing around them at the locker room that was still full of boys.

Meilani gave her brother a look to shut up as Stiles opened his locker, a long chain beginning to spill out from the top shelf of his locker. She stumbled back into her brother with wide eyes as she watched the chains loudly crash down to the ground link by link. Her face burnt a bright pink as all the boys in the locker room stopped to look in their direction with smirks on their faces, clearly getting the wrong idea by the chains. 

Scott rolled his lips into his mouth as his chest vibrated with silent laughter while Meilani embarrassingly hid her face in it, his hand patting her back comfortingly.

"Part of me wants to ask," Coach Finstock said, stopping next to the open door of Stiles' locker. "The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine. So... I'm gonna walk away. Ms. McCall, go get dressed for practice before I make you run suicides."

"Yes, Coach," Meilani squeaked, face still buried in Scott's chest and she only knew Coach walked away by the fading footsteps. She gasped as her eyes flashed yellow and she tore her face from her brother's chest to glance around her, her eyes back to normal. There was another wolf in the room and with all these boys in the room, it was impossible to tell who it could be.

"Mei?" Scott's voice snapped her out of her search and Meilani turned her head to look at Scott who was now on the floor helping Stiles pick up the chain. "What's wrong?"

Meilani took another glance around the room, trying to use her heightened hearing and smell to see if she could sniff them out, but it was useless since she still couldn't single out the boy. "There's another."

"Another what?" Stiles questioned.

"Another werewolf," Meilani clarified, sharing an anxious expression with her boyfriend and brother.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

A half hour later, Meilani was sat on the bench in between Scott and Stiles. She had to get out of the boys' locker room to change and to get her mind straight. Figuring out who the other wolf was would be a lot more challenging with a scattered brain. So might as well take a few minutes in the locker room while she changed to get her mind back in the right place.

"I don't know, but it was a scent. I just couldn't tell who it was," Meilani explained to the two boys, tightening up the laces on her lacrosse cleats. 

"What if you can get him one-on-one?" Stiles suggested, straightening out his elbow and knee pads. "Would that help?"

Meilani nodded as her eyes scanned the field of boys warming up for practice. "Yeah, I think so."

"Good, I think I have an idea," Stiles scrambled off the bench and ran off down the field.

"I hate when he says that," Scott grumbled, watching as his best friend sprinted like the field was on fire.

Stiles ran back a minute later with a bigger lacrosse stick that was meant for the goalie. He placed it in his girlfriend's hand, tossing her lacrosse stick to the ground. "You're switching with Danny for the day."

"I hate playing goalie," Meilani pouted, glancing down at the goalie pads that were now dropped down in between her feet.

"Remember when I said I have an idea? This is the idea."

"Oh... what's the idea?"

Stiles dropped his hands to his sides with a defeated sigh. "I seriously don't understand how you survive without me sometimes, babe. Tackle each boy that goes for a goal. Duh."

"Yeah because that's not weird," Scott sarcastically remarked.

"It's all I got okay?!"

"Line it up, ladies!" Coach ordered, blowing his whistle.

Meilani sighed, placing her helmet over her head. "Let's get this over with."

As Coach blew the whistle for each boy to take his chance, Meilani rushed out of the goal and tackled them to the ground. She would subtly sniff them, but so far none of the three that had gone up didn't match the scent from earlier. Coach, of course, got frustrated because she kept abandoning her post. 

"McCall, what the hell is wrong with your sister?" Coach questioned Scott, wrapping his fingers around Scott's cage on his helmet to bring him closer.

"Um... she's kind of a perfectionist, decided to date Stiles, and she has this weird nervous tick where chews on the end of her sleeves. Been doing it since she was three, I don't know why."

Meilani glared at Scott even though he couldn't see her and sprung into action again when Coach blew the whistle, signaling for Danny to go up next. Of course, it wasn't him either.

"McCall, you leave the goal one more time and you will be doing suicides till you die," Coach Finstock threatened as Meilani scrambled to her feet, helping Danny up in the process. "It'll be the first ever suicide run that actually ends in a suicide."

"Sorry, Coach," Meilani said even though they both knew it was gonna happen again.

Jackson skipped out on his turn, which Meilani was grateful for. Next up was number eight, Isaac Lahey. Meilani didn't know him very well, had one or two classes with him, but he was usually quiet and stayed to himself. He seemed like a nice kid and she partnered with him once when Stiles was out sick, but that was about a year ago and the last time she interacted with him. They were on the same lacrosse team yeah, but he was a quiet kid. She didn't even think he had friends, which was a sad thought.

Meilani's interest heightened when she noticed his chest heaving. She couldn't tell if it was because she'd been attacking each boy for the past ten minutes and he didn't want to deal with that, or if he could be the one she was looking for. The sound of Coach's whistle kicked her into action and she charged out of the goal towards Isaac and when the two collided in the air, they both turned expertly and landed facing each other.

When Meilani raised her head to look up at Isaac, his pale yellow eyes matched with hers. A small gasp that Isaac clearly heard because of his heightened hearing, but a normal person wouldn't have. "Isaac?"

The sudden police radio chatter cut off whatever Isaac was going to say as they both turned to see Noah and two of his deputies walking across the field. 

"Don't tell them," Isaac quietly begged, earning Meilani's attention again. "Please don't tell them."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani and Stiles sat next to each other in Mr. Harris' class later that day with Scott in the table in front of them. He subtly glanced over his shoulder at them so he could listen to their conversation, but not have Harris catch him. 

Practice had been cut short that morning because Noah had come to tell Isaac he thinks his father was murdered. She couldn't tell if they thought he was a suspect, but if he was then he'd be stuck in a holding cell for twenty-four hours. On the night of the full moon. Meilani was pretty sure that holding cells couldn't hold a werewolf all that well like it could with a normal human.

"Why would Derek choose Isaac?" Meilani questioned.

"Peter told me that if the bite doesn't turn you it could kill you," Stiles responded, fiddling with the pencil in his hand. "Maybe teenagers have a better chance of surviving."

"Does being a teenager mean your dad can't hold him?" Scott asked, making sure to keep his voice low so Harris wouldn't catch him speaking.

Stiles shook his head. "Not unless he has solid evidence. Or a witness," he explained and perked up as an idea seemed to strike in him. He spun around to face Danny who looked back at him like he wanted to be speaking to anyone else. "Where's Jackson?"

"In the principal's office talking to your dad."

"What? Why?"

Danny shrugged with a thoughtful expression. "Maybe because he lives across the street from Isaac."

"Witness," Meilani noted.

"We gotta get to the principal's office," Stiles said, spinning back around to face Meilani and Scott.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "How?"

Stiles winked at his girlfriend and best friend before he scrunched up a piece of notebook paper and chucked it at the back of Harris' head. 

"Okay, who threw that?" Harris snapped, turning to face the class from his spot by the blackboard.

Stiles, Meilani and Scott all quickly pointed at the other. They were all immediately sent to the principal's office and the trio grabbed their stuff, rushing out of the classroom and over to the office that thankfully wasn't far.

Meilani sat in the chair closest to the door and leaned her ear against it, even though she didn't need to. 

"So, you're telling me that you knew Isaac's father was hitting him?" Noah questioned.

"Hitting him? He was kicking the crap out of him," Jackson corrected.

"Did you ever say anything to anyone? A teacher, parents, anyone?"

"Nope. It's not my problem," Jackson replied without a single care that he had never spoke up about Isaac's abuse.

Meilani heard Stiles mumble asshole behind her and she had to stop herself from giggling so that Noah and Jackson wouldn't know she was listening.

"No, no of course not," Noah replied sarcastically and it sounded like he leant against either a chair or desk as a low creaking sound was heard. "You know, it's funny that the kid's getting beaten up are always the one who least deserve it."

"Yeah," Jackson absently agreed. "Wait.. what?"

"I think we're done here," Noah dismissed and Meilani could hear the fake smile in his tone.

As the principal's office door opened, Stiles scrambled for a magazine in between him and Meilani trying to hide his face. As if Noah wouldn't be able to tell it was his son, especially with Scott and Meilani on either side of him.

"Hi, Scott and Meilani," Noah greeted loudly, purposefully keeping his son's name out even though he shot his son an exasperated look.

Meilani rolled her eyes and snatched the magazine out of her boyfriend's hands as Noah walked away with the deputy by his side. Sometimes she seriously worried for her Stiles. 

"Boys and girl," a voice said from beside them and the three turned to look, all fo their faces paling. "Come on in."

Meilani audibly gulped as her eyes met the eyes of their new principal.

Allison's grandfather.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi hey hello

Allison's grandfather is here and he is ready to fuck shit up, peeps. The drama and angst are only going to get worse AND I AM SO EXCITED TO DIVE DEEPER INTO SEASON TWO YALL. It is going to be one BUMPY ride WHEW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.6K 34
πƒπ„π‘π„πŠ 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. at first they were each other's light in a dark world. now having each other they're entering a bright new beginning. but even t...
45.4K 850 16
[Book 2] Trust the instinct. Aria and Derek have been through a lot, and defeating the Alpha was only the beginning. Now bigger threats are coming a...
41.5K 1.2K 27
On the eve of their senior year, Meilani McCall and her friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without one another, a next phase...
477K 18.1K 22
π–‡π–Žπ–™π–ˆπ–. ❛ ALWAYS BE IN YOUR CONTROL ❜ A hospital trip wasn't how Isabelle Nightly wanted the school dance to e...