Something From Nothing

By Appleogies

"I don't care if you're a girl, a boy or a god damned gold fish. You're mine and that's all that matters to m... More

Something From Nothing
Prologue
Not So Inescapable
Screw You Moon Goddesses
Being Cuffed To A Bed Isn't As Kinky As I Thought
Gay And Directionally Challenged
Modesty? What's That?
Reject Me
Battleaxe In Heels
The Wicked Bitch Of The West
Death By Castration
Operation Ignore Orders
Kids Quote Greek Philosophers Nowadays?
A Prince And His Prince
Nude In Front Of The Royals
Distracting The Distraction
Dislikes Include Being Polite and Heterosexual
I Like Your Crown
Mister Snuggles's Decapitation
It's The End Of The World, Woop-de-fucking-do
Highway To Heaven
Proficient Talent for Sucking Dick
Give Me My Body Back!
Goddesses Gift
Favourite By Default
No Questions, Just Hugs
Stop...And Submit
I Swear On A Stack Of Abs
A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Stay
Ruin Me
Fuck The Patriarchy
Man Up And Open Up
Unfuckingbelievable
The Abomination
Panicking Burns A Shit-ton of Calories
One Final Breath
Please
Shipping And Fanfiction
Time To Come Home
Home
Epilogue
EXTRA: It's Only Heaven When I'm With You
EXTRA: Until The Earth Crumbles To Dust And The Sun Dies

Deus Ex Machina

15.7K 619 594
By Appleogies

Logan Mercier

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked the next morning. After our explosive argument and then the brain-numbing sex we had both of us were too exhausted to do anything other than shift under my sheets and promptly fall asleep.

I had woken up first and had spent a good hour creepily watching Ace as he slept. Laying on his stomach, one of his arms had been slung across my waist and his head shared my pillow despite all the room he had in my king size bed.

He looked peaceful. His features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others our age. All the fears, doubt and worries that plagued him during the day no longer seemed an issue for him. With parted lips, wild hair, and long lashes resting on his high cheekbones he was truly beautiful

Well until he woke up and opened his mouth.

Since then neither of us made a move to get out of bed or talk. Instead, Ace had rolled of top of me, rested his head on my chest and simply closed his eyes again.

Now though he had shifted again so that his chin was resting on my stomach and his hands were brushing slowly up and down my sides. There was this soft expression on his face that seemed so different from his usual stoic expression.

Reaching up with one of his hands, his fingers traced my jawline. "You're just so pretty I could kill you."

Rolling my eyes, I suppressed a smile. "I don't even know why I ask."

Ace chuckled before falling silent again. I waited for him to say something more, maybe even discuss all that happened last night but when he remained stubbornly silent I knew that this conversation would not happen unless I initiated it.

"Can we talk about last night? Hopefully with less screaming this time?"

A sensual smile curved at my mates lips. "You didn't seem so bothered when I was screaming your name."

I flicked his forehead making him laugh lightly again. "I don't mind when you scream my name in that way. What I meant was can we talk about what happened before that?"

Achilles released a quiet groan. "Do we have to? Can't we just ignore that ever happened and move on?"

"No," I said simply.

"Didn't think so."

"Achilles," I said firmly and he rolled his eyes this time but nodded.

"Fine, lets talk." My mate turned his head so that he was no longer looking at me and lay so that his right ear was pressed against my stomach. I didn't complain because I understood that sometimes it was easier to talk about the hard stuff if you pretended nobody was listening.

"There's really nothing more to say. I meant every word I said last night. I've had a shitty life and that's held me back from doing a lot of things but hearing what you said about not believing that I even wanted you, I realized how much it hurt to hear you say that when the reality is the complete opposite. I care about you Logan. I really do it's just taken until now for me to completely accept it."

His words sent an electrical current run through my spine and my heart race. It was truly eye-opening to see someone in a different light and realize all those bits and pieces you thought made up who they were, were more your issues than theirs. I guess that's what happened when you judged people when you decided who they were without having all the answers. I'd been making assumptions about Ace since the very first day I met and vowed never again because the person I had in my head compared to the one in front of my now we're very different people.

The one I had made up was someone who didn't really care for anyone but himself and thrived on the disarray he caused but the real Achilles Morgan was fucking incredible. He was vibrant and joyful and just a wonderful human being.

My hand reached out and I tilted Aces head up. His bright eyes connected with mine. "Every little thing about you, the good, the bad and the everything in between is amazing...do you want to know why?"

Swallowing thickly before hesitantly asking, "Why?"

"Because it makes up you and I happen to really, really like you."

A blinding smile lit up Ace's face and he shifted and slowly crawled up my body until he was hovering over me, both of his hands either side of my head. "You do huh?"

"I do. Maybe even a little more than like."

His brows shot to his hairline and his eyes glimmered. "I think I might a little more than like you too."

A smile curved at my own lips.

"And to think the only thing I was worried about was whether you would even accept a boy as a mate." Achilles chuckled nervously.

I wrapped an arm around his waist and tugged lightly until his body was pressed against mine. "I don't care if you're a boy, girl or a god damned goldfish. You're mine and that's all that matters to me."

Unable to reply Ace dropped his head down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips but I sense what it really was.

A promise- I'm yours if you want to be mine.

After that we spent most of the day in bed fooling around, laughing, watching movies on my laptop. Achilles had told me that he hadn't watched many movies and I almost cried in horror when I learned he hadn't even seen any of the Harry Potter movies.

So we watched some of the Harry Potter movies back to back only stopping to for bathroom breaks and to pull on some clothes when he complained my sheets didn't offer any warmth. Achilles seemed to enjoy them and was so enamored that he didn't even notice a knock on my bedroom door.

"Want me to pause it?" He asked absently when I got out of bed.

He clearly didn't want to and I had seen the moves plenty of times so I shook my head. "No, you're good."

"K." He mumbled in reply, pulling my laptop onto his lap and my sheets further up his body.

Laughing quietly, I made my way to my bedroom door. "Hello." I hummed as I swung it open.

My sister's face grinned back at me and her eyes sparkled in mischief. "I was starting to wonder whether you were dead or alive."

"Ah yes and I can see your concern replicated in that humongous smile on your face." I retorted, leaning against the doorframe. I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Oh shut up we all heard you two kiss and make up last night, so I knew you weren't in any real danger."

Heat seeped into my cheeks. That's right ladies and gentlemen I was blushing. Soak it up while you can, it did not happen often.

I tried to cover it up though as I jeered, "Serves you right the rest of us are subjected to you and Ali's sexual escapades on a daily basis a least I have the decency to keep it behind closed doors."

Not even bothering to deem me with a response Demi leaned forward on her tiptoes and tried to peer over my shoulder. "So where is our beloved criminal?"

As the final word left her mouth the guy in question shrieked causing me to spin around abruptly. "You have to be fucking kidding me! They don't kill the evil blonde lesbian with a serious skin condition but they kill Dobby! Why the elf? Fuck life is ruined!"

Achilles slammed my laptop closed and lifted a pillow to his face to scream into it. "Ah so I see you introduced him to the wonderful world of heartbreak, you're such a great mate."

Ignoring my sister completely I walked over to Ace and sat next to him. "Are you okay?" He pulled back and gave me a look that screamed he was everything but before throwing the pillow in my face.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"You knew this was going to happen and you didn't warn me! You're a shit person Princey. I take back everything I said this morning I hate you."

Ace's bottom lip jutted out as he pouted like a child. "I would have warned you but the last time I almost spoiled you, you threatened to use my spinal cord as a garrote."

Both me and Ace remained in a stare-off as he scowled at me. "On that note..." Demi drawled, making her way into my room. "Dad sent me up here because we have to go to another pack meeting thingy. It's with the Palecrest pack so that's going to be fun."

I dramatically flopped back onto my bed with a melodramatic groan. I hated going to these things and it was made even worse by the fact that it was the Palecrest pack. Their leader, and I call him that and not an Alpha because he is in fact an Omega, was a shifty son of a bitch who from the first time I laid eyes on him gave me weird vibes.

Our two packs had been allies for years and the man had been my father's best friend when they were children but something about them always screamed untrustworthy to me. My parents didn't sense it but Demi and I did. We knew it was useless to bring it up with them though as the trusted them and we didn't have any real evidence against them.

"Exactly." Demi chortled. "So if I have to suffer so do you. Well, most of the pack is going so Ace can come too."

As I flickered my eyes up to Ace he wrinkled his nose in disgust. "No thanks. I'd rather lose my other eye than have to deal with good ol' Eddie Gracien again thanks."

"You know him?"

Achilles stood from my bed and nodded albeit reluctantly. Stretching his body he winced slightly and pressed a hand to his back. "Yeah. I stayed with their pack for a while, that guy is a cold-hearted bastard who covers it up with a friendly smile. Trust me he and his pack are not to be trusted, there's a lot of shifty shit they have up their sleeves."

And then with that portentous comment, he walked to my bathroom and shut the door.

"Well, that was creepily foreboding."

I nodded and turned to look at my sister. "When do we leave?"

"Two hours."

Standing I walked towards the bathroom Ace and hid in and glanced over my shoulder at my twin. "Don't worry I'll get him to come." I winked. "In more ways than one."

I disappeared into the steam-filled room, laughing at my sister's disgusted groan as she exited my room too.

---

"I hate you." Achilles grumbled from the passenger seat of my car. After some gentle coaxing and a persuasive blowjob in the shower, I had managed to convince Achilles to come with us although he made it clear that he wasn't happy about it.

"I really fucking hate you." He repeated after another moment, leaning back in the seat with his arms folded across his chest. Elliot, Alfie, and Malik chuckled from behind us and Ace flipped him them the bird.

"You didn't sound like you hated him last night." Elliot jibed.

"I hate you all." Achilles said, scowling over his shoulder.

I chuckled, pushing a button to open my window slightly.

"You can all go die in a dark hole somewhere."

"You're so sweet." I winked causing Ace to stick his tongue out at me.

Laughter filled my car again I dropped my hand to Achilles' thigh. A pleased smile spread across my face when he didn't push it off like he usually would, instead he turned it over and laced his fingers with mine although a scowl remained on his features.

"Can we stop for food? I haven't eaten all day and I'm starving." Elliot whined, leaning forward between the seat. "I think we should all eat something." He said his eye flicking over his shoulder to Alfie who was staring out the window.

"Yeah, lets I'll take a vodka on the rocks." Achilles piped up, shifting so his body was facing me in the seat.

"I'm up for that," Alfie said finally joining in the conversation.

In my proverbial vision, I noticed my beta frown. "But its barely even three."

"We'll take cereal too."

I glanced at my mate. "Do you want us to pour the vodka on that or...?"

"Surprise us." Alife grinned. Ace held up his hand and the pair high fived as though the idea was a good one.

Elliot huffed, leaning back in his seat. "Guess that's a no to food then."

"It's rather that or our friends get very drunk very early," Malik said.

"Mḕ kheíron béltiston." Achilles spoke, dropping his head back against the headrest. My eyes darted from the road to him.

"What does that even mean?"

"The least bad choice is the best choice," Alfie answered for him.

My mate's eyes widened and a shocked look crossed his face as he leaned forward to look at his best friend around the seat. "You speak Greek?"

Alfie nodded mindlessly. "I went to a fancy boarding school remember? They teach you all sorts. It helps I'm pretty good with languages though too."

All of us appeared shocked at this knowledge. A line appeared between Ace's brows as he sat back in his seat and stared down at his lap. Even Elliot became quiet two and with a quick glance in my rearview mirror, I saw that he was watching Alfie with a puzzled expression on his face as though Alfie was a question he couldn't seem to find the right answer to.

No one said a word for the rest of the journey and even when we got to the meeting place and walked to meet the rest of the pack he walked with his hands shoved deep in his pockets and his head hung low.

Letting Alife, Elliot and Malik walk ahead I gripped his upper arm and pulled him to a halt. "Hey, you okay?"

Looking up he nodded but his eyes seemed distant. "Yeah just thinking." I opened my mouth to prod him for more information but my father's beta, Nickolai, interrupted me.

"Prince Logan, you're father has requested your presence, Mr Gracien and his pack have arrived."

I nodded towards him. "Okay I'll be there in a second, thank you Nickolai."

With a nod of his own, he disappeared back between the trees, When I looked back at Ace he offered me a strained smile. Lifting his arms he straightened the crown that was on my head and winked at me. "I really want to see you wearing this and only this later." My brows rose to my hairline making Achilles chuckle. "I've been fantasizing about it ever since first saw you in it. It's surprisingly hot seeing you wear a crown."

I brushed a stray strand of hair from his head. "That can definitely be arranged." I thought for a moment. "Maybe one day I'll get to see you in one too."

Ace's breath caught before he regained his compose offering me a teasing smile."Come on Princey let's go get this over and done with. I can't wait to see Eddies face when he sees whose hand I'm holding."

My mate then laced his fingers through mine and dragged me in the direction Nikolai went. A heavy stone settled in the base of my stomach as I walked to stand next to my family. The feeling always appeared when I was near the Palecrest pack but something felt worse about it now.

I looked over my shoulder I noticed my friends were standing on guard in various places in the forest behind us.

Usually when visiting a different pack my father would have his people stationed carefully around us with my father's more trusted members surrounding us like a human shield.

Achilles squeezed my hand as the pack finally made their appearance. Edward only had four pack members flanking him with two on either side of him but I wasn't stupid enough to believe those were his only defense. The Palecrest pack were known for their stealth and what they lacked in strength they made up with furtiveness.

Edward Gracien wasn't bad looking for his age. His face was structured with high cheekbones and was symmetrical. He had deep brown eyes and tanned skin. He was still slender despite his years, toned and not at all stooped. The Omega had the same look on his face as always, the little rise in the corner of his mouth he was oblivious to combined with the cool detachment in his eyes made my skin crawl.

"Your Majesties." Edward greeted as he walked towards us. His voice has a husky drawl and every step he took is like it's in slow motion. His idea of hurrying was to bend his head down a little as he saunters, the pace of his footfalls not changing one iota.

"Edward." My father replied taking a step forward to meet him. The pair shared a hug. "It's been too long."

The Omega's brow arched and his smirk widened. "It has indeed. This has been a long time coming." The way he said it implied that there was a hidden meaning behind his words but as usual my father didn't notice.

His eyes the flicked past him towards us, specifically at Achilles who looked like he was close to slitting his own throat with his eyes narrowed and his lips curled back in distaste.

"My, my, my if it isn't Finn Bell or do you go by something else these days, traitor? It's good to see you again."

"I'd return the sentiment except I hate you." Achilles replied, barely flicking his eyes over the man.

Gracien didn't seem to be offended though as he simply laughed. "Why don't you step out here and greet an old friend?"

"I could think of something more interesting to do like watching paint dry for example." Ace's face remained full of disinterest as he flicked his eyes past the Omega who gave him a blinding smile when he replied.

"Forgive him. My son's mate is a bit antisocial." My father explained, placing a hand on his shoulder, not seeming at all surprised that the two had history.

Achilles snorted. "And water's a bit wet."

However, Edward wasn't focused on my father at that moment instead his eyes had zeroed in on mine and Ace's interlaced fingers. Another wide smirk curled at his lips. "Mate you say? Deus ex machina..." He muttered.

"What are you talking about Edward?" My father inquired but the Omega ignored his king.

"I've waited and researched for one of your weaknesses, young wraith. For years I'd devised my plan and sat patiently for the day it would arise and until a few moments ago I thought I'd have to commit to the plan despite not knowing but things really do just fall into place sometimes."

Achilles released my hand. "What are you babbling about now Edward?"

The minute he took a step towards him he reacted. Before I could even think members of the Palecrest pack pounced, grabbing and pinning each of my friends and family in a position that made them defenseless.

I too was grabbed from behind, not even having a chance to struggle as a taller much bigger guy held me against his chest and pushed the point of a blade into my neck.

One of the men beside Edward grabbed my father who made a move towards my mother who had been pinned against the ground by another female, a foot pressed harshly against her chest.

Achilles was the only one who wasn't restrained.

"What is the meaning of this Edward?" The King growled, struggling against his captor.

The man grinned at his friend showing the cruel, malicious person he truly was. "This is where the fun begins."

----
Hey, sorry for the late update. I meant to post this earlier but I went to Pride and it was honestly so amazing. I saw some people I haven't seen in years and met a bunch of new friends. It was great.

Technically I'm not too late considering its still Sunday for me lol. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time my lovelies xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

892K 44.8K 187
Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the dominant species and for all humans to be...
1.6K 58 13
Book 1- String of fate series ~Emerson Haneul Wordsworth, the eldest son of the most powerful pack, is anything but an ideal mate. He could tolerate...
59.5K 2.9K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
192K 6.7K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...