Daughter Of The Dragon / PUBL...

By The_OrangeAuthor

A Draton Isles Tale : Book 1 (complete) As the Kingdom of Riteron sacrifices itself in war, King Darius must... More

Disclaimer
Part 1 - The Falling
Chapter 1 - The Call To War
Chapter 2 - A Request
Chapter 3 - First Blow
Chapter 4 - Fire
Chapter 5 - Burning
Chapter 6 - Dead Sprint
Chapter 7 - Mountains
Chapter 8 - Healing
Chapter 9 - Awakening
Chapter 10 - The Ceremony
Part 2 - The Uprising
Chapter 11 - New Life
Chapter 12 - Big Reveals
Chapter 13 - In Your Honor
Chapter 14 - Alone
Chapter 16 - War and Peace
Chapter 17 - Farewells
Chapter 18 - Missing
Chapter 19 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 20 - Revolutionary
Chapter 21 - New People
Chapter 22 - Surprise
Chapter 23 - Betrayal (Taurus)
Chapter 24 - Marching
Chapter 25 - Lost and Found
Chapter 26 - Outnumbered
Chapter 27 - Surprise
Chapter 28 - Chains and Whips
Chapter 29 - Repetition
Chapter 30 - His Dying Breath
Chapter 31 - Fate and Destiny
Chapter 32 - Allegiance
Chapter 33 - Devil in the Details
Chapter 34 - Deception of Death
Chapter 35 - Debt
Chapter 36 - A Taste of Ice
Chapter 37 - Window of Freedom
Chapter 38 - Apologies
Chapter 39 - Loss of Love
Part 3 - The Retaliation

Chapter 15 - Different Cities

860 43 7
By The_OrangeAuthor

I gave the bright dragon a weird look. He was strange, but I felt calm and relaxed beside him.

Hes giving you what you want, just go.

"Whats your name?"

"Eron. Shall we go?" He asked. He seemed eager to be off the ground.

I shrugged, and climbed up his back. His body hummed with power as I climbed up and for a moment, I was scared of what could happen if he lost control.

"I wont," he said quietly, stretching his wings out.

"I forget, telepathy, you can read my mind," I said wryly, as I slid my hands into his thick mane. He chuckled, a rich and deep sound.

"I can also send you a message," before I could request a demonstration he leapt off of the mountain and into the dark sky.

"Where are we going?" I yelled up to him.

"Just look around," he said and continued flying onwards.

He was a strong flyer, his large wings carrying us high and fast. Within minutes, the Isles were but a small distant speck on the horizon. Looking around, all I could see was endless water. Oceans stretched on for miles all around us.

"How long will it take to get there?" I asked, aching to see something new.

"Patience, little princess. We shall be there soon."

I turned over and lay on my back, looking up at the distant stars. It was quiet here, away from everyone else. No expectations, just me flying on the back of a stranger.

Suddenly, Eron dipped down, I tirned and grabbed onto his mane just as we hit the water. I gasped and held my breath as the cool water chilled me to the bone. Eron glided through the water and I opened my eyes to see the wondrous depths we had plummeted to.

As we broke the surface, I gasped and choked on the air, my lungs inflating again. As I looked up I saw a huge land mass up ahead. Lined with cliffs and huge off shore rocks, it was beautiful. It was new.

I had already gotten over the fact that I was soaked, crawling higher into Erons mane to see the land better. It stretched on for miles, already far bigger than any of the Isles I had grown up on. There was so much to see.

"Shall we walk or fly?" Eron asked as we neared the cliffs.

"Yes," I breathed, eager to just be there.

He chuckled and touched down on the land. I scrambled off of his back and walked away, stepping tentatively at and soon, I was sprinting. Everything felt different here.

There were no nests in sight, no boroughs and no caves. The land looked untouched. As I ran forward, a thicket of trees covered the ground. A range of flowers and mushrooms sprouted from the ground, different from the ones at home.

Eventually, I came to a small opening and stopped. Out of breath, I slumped by the small stream that split the opening. After a few moments, Erons' dark shadow was above me and he landrd gracefully beside me.

"I thought you might like it here," he said ashe settled down. I nodded and grinned.

"It feels surreal to actually be somewhere else. Do you come here often?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Many humans live here. They are a violent lot. They dont take kindly to the likes of dragons," he said, a little solemnly. I snorted and waved his off.

"Ridiculous, whats there to mot love about dragons?" I said mockingly, standong up and stretching. Eron grinned lazily before his body tensed up. Confused, I spun slowly but saw no one in sight.

'I can hear them.'  Erons voice spoke softly in my mind, though his face remained passive. I quietly walked closer to him, wondering what had spooked him.

'Humans,' he replied 'knights of a foul king.' I sucked in a sharp breath. There was a King here. For a moment, I considered walking towards these knights just so I could see what a Kingdom was like and see if I could get tips.

As soon as I had thought it, trees sprung  from the ground, twisting and covering me and Eron. I looked up at him and he narrowed his eyes at me. Feeling a little sheepish, I sat down on a small boulder and waited.

"I dont know why he thinks she's still alive," a voice came bouncing through the clearing and dancing through the trees.

"Must be crazy. Did you know how much blood he's spilt?" Another voice joined in.

"Enough to fill a river," the first voice muttered. I peered hard through the trees and saw two me  leading their horses to the lake. They were dressed in armour like James had stored away, but the crest on their chest was different.

Suddenly, I slipped off my little boulder and crashed into the shrubbery before me, making as much noise as a wildebeest on my way. Swords were drawn in an instant and pointed towards our freshly grown trees.

'So graceful, little princess.' Eron added to my situation. I rolled my eyes and pushed myself up slowly.

"Anyone there?" One knight asked, brishing the tip of his sword through the bushes.

"Show yourself, in the name of the King." I desperately wanted to ask his name. Maybe James knew him.

'We must leave at once, princess,' there was urgency in Erons words. I looked back to the two men, still unconvinced that I shouldnt reveal myself.

'Sapphire,' Eron groaned amongst my thoughts. He extended his claws to me ams I watched with dread as he pulled me back.

"You're no fun," I whispered to hom amd he rolled his eyes as he sat let me climb into his mane.

"Hold on tight," he whispered quietly. I felt him crouch and tense, practically feeling the coiling of his muscles beneath the bright scales. In an instant,  he leapt above the tree line, wings spread and beating hard.

The two men fell back and scrambled away from the tree.

"Dragon!"

"Alert the king!"

"We've been spied on!"

They were in hysterics as they ran back ti their horses and took off in the opposite direction. From here, I could see a distant building. It had some towers taller than others, some pointy, most flat. It was intriguing.

Eron on the other hand roared with laughter as we swept back over the water he let his claws skim the surface of the water, spraying me again.

"I do love to scare the poor things. Pathetic, they are," he said as he smugly navigated us home. I grinned jn agreement.

"When I'm Queen, I'll have dragons everywhere to keep the likes of them away."

"I hope you succeed, little Princess," Eron said quietly.

"Why so glum all of a sudden?" I asked. Eron sighed heavily.

"Those knights, they work for a horrid man," he said. I looked across the water. The light of dawn rippled across the gentle waves.

"Do you know his name?" I asked.

"I do."

"Tell me?"

"You will know when you need to know," he replied. He fell silent after that and I pushed no further.

I had got what I had wanted. Now I just needed sleep. Settling into the thick mane around me, I tried to think of what I would tell Taurus.

Hmm....

What do you think??

Also, Le Eron

See you all soon and thank you for the ever increasing number of reads.

Love you loads,

Orange

XxXx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 24 24
Living in a world filled with Dragons were miracles beyond belief. Fighting along side them was an honor. Forming bonds that were made possible throu...
301K 29.1K 82
Her memory was taken. Her skills were not. Her very presence is a threat to everything he has ever cared for. They might make a powerful team... ...
72 4 6
War is quickly approaching. With the Scraliths crying for the blood of the Isogan kingdom, Princess Saoirse Damaris of the Druidia kingdom, great gre...
2.1K 310 23
Who knew that each side had a secret? Secrets that could change the tides of war in an instant. They played against the balance--the push and pull of...