The Connection

Por Grace_Costello15

Sophie's back and better than ever. The big war is coming up, will she succeed with her friends and new allie... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 2.)
Chapter 3.)
Chapter 4.)
Chapter 5.)
Chapter 6.)
Chapter 7.)
Chapter 8.)
Chapter 9.)
Chapter 10.)

Chapter 1.)

366 5 3
Por Grace_Costello15

This chapter is dedicated to 2fabulousforu because she asked me to update and she said she loved my story. Thanks so much!

Sophie's POV

I loved New York.

The different food smells, the sounds of traffic, all the different shops. I loved it all. This was where I was born, and it felt good to be back after a long time. While I was here, I only got to stay in my neighborhood really. I never got to go to different parts of the city.

Brooklyn, being one of them.

As I tried my best to navigate my way through the busy streets, I passed by a giant warehouse. It didn't seem like much, but It was gigantic. It couldn't be the place I was looking for.

I began to walk past the warehouse, my bracelet began to get really warm. "Ouch!" I hissed as I shook my hand. Was this some sort of sign? This couldn't be it. Brooklyn house was a mansion. Not this.

When my bracelet didn't stop burning I decided that this had to be the place. I opened the door and saw it was still an abandoned warehouse. I groaned in frustration and ran my fingers through my messy layered hair.

It had to be here. I just couldn't see it for some reason. I thought out my situation. I was a Greek trying to find an Egyptian mansion. Now, if I was an Egyptian, I wouldn't want any other magical half human finding the place. 

It finally hit me like a bus.

I couldn't see it, but it was definitely there. I opened my palm and summoned the eye of Horus.

Immediately the warehouse rumbled lightly and a wave of light ripples throughout the building. I opened the door again and saw that this time, I was lead into another front door instead of the inside of an ugly abandoned building.

I nervously stepped forward and knocked on the door.

Carter's POV

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

"Shut up." I hissed at my sister Sadie

"I JUST CANT AHAHAHAHAHA-"

"Shut up." I repeated

"BUT I-"

"SADIE!" I exclaimed. She groaned but managed to stop laughing. "You take away all my fun." She muttered. I rolled my eyes which I doubt was very intimidating to her.

Heck, it was barely intimidating when I was still a human.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the fact that my sister turned me into a bunny.

A bunny, of all animals.

She needed someone to use as a demo for a new spell she was teaching in her magics class. Nobody volunteered so I guess she felt the need to turn me into a bunny the second I walk into the room. I literally only went in there to go grab my Kopesh.

Number one rule of being Sadie Kane's brother.

Never randomly walk into a room that she's in.

Number two.

Never stay in the same room as her for more than 2 minutes or accept your fate.

"Just turn me back." I muttered in annoyance. Her class snickered along with Sadie. "Fine brother dearest. Only because I care." She said optimistically. I really wanted to strangle her but as much as I wanted to, I couldn't.

With a wave of her hand and a whisper of a few Egyptian hieroglyphics, I was back to normal. I coughed up some fur and the whole class erupted in laughter once again. "Alright you had your fun back to class." I told them all.

Suddenly the door burst open, revealing my very shocked but hot girlfriend Zia.

(Don't mind me, she was my first girlfriend.)

"Carter, Sadie. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someones at the door." She to us. Everyone stared at her in shock. Nobody ever came to the door. They all just either tried to break in if they we're killing us, or if they were one of the gods they would just flash in.

Me and Sadie shared a look and grabbed our weapons. We followed Zia out of the room, through a few long hallways, into the living room, and to the front door.

Sadie waved her wand at the door, and it gave off a light blue glow. "Definitely not human. It's got a stronger aura than all of us combined here... It's not Egyptian." She faltered.

Not Egyptian? Then what was it?

"Okay, count of three I'll open the door and swing my sword. You two only follow if I need help." I decided.

"So in other words follow you right from the start?" Zia asked. I rolled my eyes and put my hand on the knob.

"One...two...three!" I exclaimed as I swung the door open.

I was about to go in for the kill when I felt my Kopesh knocked out of my hands. I swung my fist at whatever or who ever it was but they easily grabbed my hand and flipped them over their shoulder.

My body slammed into the cold hard cement and I saw Sadie and Zia come for my help. My vision was slightly blurry so I didn't see who the attacker was, but they also took Sadie and Zia down in a matter of seconds.

I managed to snap out of my daze when I heard Sadie yelp in shocked surprise. I got up and was about to bring my fist to their face when I stopped and stared at Zia and Sadie. The both of them were dazed on the ground.

My opponent turned to face me and I dropped my fist. They gave me a small knowing smirk.

"Nice to see you Kanes again." The girl said.

What in the name of Osiris?

"Wait, you're not a monster?" I asked.

The girl scoffed. "Does it look like I've grown a tail and fangs? Didn't think so. Remember me Carter? It's been awhile." She said, showing off her pearly white smile.

Where do I remember her from?

The girl had dark blue-green eyes and jet black hair. Just by looking at her you could tell she was kind, but one bad move you're dead. She was pretty, but I couldn't place her face with a memory.

She noticed my confusion and rolled her eyes. They shimmered with amusement, but also determination and stress. I stared at her for a little longer, trying to place her in my mind.
Then I remembered.

I'd know those green eyes anywhere.

"Sophie?" I asked in shock.

"Took you long enough." She muttered with a small smile. I continued to stare at her in shock. I haven't seen her since I was four. How I remember she ever existed I really don't know.

Sadie managed to get up and give her a big hug, having herd stories about her first best friend.

"You look absolutely flawless." She told Sophie. Sophie blushed and laughed softly. "Thanks. You've grown so much." Sophie teased as she ruffled Sadie's hair lightly.

"But...how?" I asked in awe.

"Look I know it's short noticed and kinda sudden since the last time we saw each other we were only 4, but I really just need your help. Can I talk to your uncle?" She pleaded.

Since me and Sadie were still dazed from seeing her again we agreed and nodded. Zia still had her head screwed on straight. "Carter! Did you not just see her take all of us down at once?" She hissed at me.

Sophie's eyes widened and snapped her fingers. My thoughts suddenly felt all jumbled up and I blinked a few times. "Wait, weren't you just saying something?" I asked Zia.

"I..." Zia faltered.

"You were just talking about how you were going to take me to see your uncle remember?" Sophie said a little shakily.

"Oh yeah! Cmon Sophie lets go." Sadie exclaimed as she started to lead her inside. We walked through the living room and trough a different set of hallways before entering the library where our uncle Amos was looking through some books. "Sadie dearest I'm not going to be your guinea pig for your new spell." He replied instantly still not looking up from his books.

"It's not that actually. We have a visitor." Zia explained. Amos looked up from his books and paled visibly. "Sophia?" He gasped in shock. "Yeah I know right!! She looks great!" Sadie exclaimed.

"Not that. Our Sophie Jackson, our young and innocent Sophie, can see Brooklyn House. Ever think that?" Amos hissed. All of my thoughts suddenly cleared up again and I remembered what happened. I looked at Sophie in shock along with Sadie.
Zia of course, immediately tackled her to the ground with a knife at her throat. "I knew it! Who are you really? What are you?! Are you a shabiti?" She asked at top speed.

Sophie struggled to get out of her grasp, but saw It was useless with a knife at her throat. "Answer me!" Zia commanded.

"My name is Sophie Jackson! I'm the daughter of the Greek God Poseidon! Sister of Percy Jackson and most powerful demigod in existence." She gasped out. Zia froze in shock.

"Greek god..." Sadie faltered.

"Let go of her Zia. Let her explain first." Amos told her. Zia reluctantly let go of Sophie. Sophie sighed in relief and rubbed her neck consciously.

"I'm still the same girl you knew before. And I especially don't mean any harm to anyone here at Brooklyn house. I come here to ask for help." Sophie told us as she stood up.

"Help? With what?" I asked.

"My fellow Greek Demigods are at war with the Roman Demigod camp. Seven of my friends are fighting the Giants and monsters of the Goddess Gaea. We don't have enough people to go into war with us and I was wondering if you would help." Sophie explained.

"What makes you think we'll fight with you? For all we know you could be lying and tricking us." Zia said suspiciously.

Sophie held out her palm and the eye of Horus appeared, glowing a light blue.
"I don't want a fight. I want to fight along side each other."

"But I never gave you the symbol of Horus." I whispered softly.

"You didn't. You have it to my brother Percy." She told me. I remembered Percy. I had met up with him again last June. For some reason though, all of my memories were wiped clean of Sophie. Until now of course.

"You gave someone the mark of Horus." Zia hissed at me. "Zia they're family friends. It's fine." I assured her. Zia sent me an unsure look but nodded anyway.

"So, you want us to fight in a war that will probably most likely kill all of us?" Sadie asked. Sophie blushed lightly and shuffled her feet. "Well when you put it that way..." She muttered. She looked really cute when she was embarrassed. Wait what?

I looked at Amos for his thoughts on this. He stared back at me and then to Sophie. Finally, he sighed. "Daughter of Poseidon? I need proof that what you're saying is true."

Sophie nodded. "Anything here I can break?" She asked. Amos nodded and put his glass of water closer to her. Suddenly, Sophie somehow summoned water from her charm bracelet and froze it into a sharp icicle. Then she threw it straight at the glass and it shattered into a million tiny pieces.
All of our jaws dropped in shock as Sophie simply wiped her hands on her jeans. "Well... I mean you're telling the truth so there is nothing stopping us." I started.

"Except one thing. Us Egyptians have a certain way of fighting. Different than the Greeks and Romans. They are more strategic and are more difficult to defeat." Amos said.

"Well I kinda feel like making it to my 18th birthday ya know...." Sadie said in a dry voice. "I know, but I'm almost positive we can win this war. The world is kinda depending on us so if you can make you're decision like now..." Sophie faltered.

Me, Amos, Zia, and Sadie all shares looks at each other. We had a silent conversation, with me silently keeping peace, Zia silently screaming in protest, Sadie silently stating reasons why we should help, and Amos silently making his decision.

"We'll help. But we need to train don't we?" Amos asked. Sophie nodded. 

"Wait, we're gonna help them?!" Zia hissed. "Why not?" I shrugged. "Carter I've had my share of Greeks and they are rude, obnoxious, and frustrating." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I raised my eyebrows at her and looked at Sophie who had been quiet and polite this whole time.

"Rude. Okeyyy..." Sadie said sarcastically.

Zia rolled her eyes and Sophie decided to step in. "Well if you're helping then we should start training as soon as possible. How does tomorrow sound?" She suggested. All heads turned to me. "Sure. Any idea where you're staying?" I asked. Sophie blinked in surprise. "Huh, I guess that's what I forgot to figure out. I'll just crash somewhere in one of my dad's underwater places." She said like it was nothing.

Well I mean, my dad was the God of the Egyptian underworld. But still, the whole Greek concept was hard to accept.

"You can stay here if you would like. We've got tons of extra rooms." Sadie suggested.

Sophie flushed in nervousness. "Oh I don't want to bother..." She faltered. "It's no problem. Sadie go show her to the extra room in yours and Carter's hallway." Amos said. "Alright! Let's go Sophie!" Sadie gushed as she dragged her out of the room.

I chuckled and shook my head in amusement. I looked to Zia who was glaring in Sophie's direction. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Zia shook her head. "I don't trust her. There's something that doesn't match up about her." She muttered.

"Sophie is perfectly harmless. Greek training can't be that bad." I said as I squeezed her shoulder lightly. Amos scoffed in disbelief. "Okay, sure Carter." Amos said as he walked out of the library.

"Alright c'mon lets finish training with sword fight. Where are the other kids at?" Zia asked. "They should be in the living room." Sadie said as she walked past us down the hallway. Me and Zia shared a look and shrugged.

"To the living room then." I said as we walked out hand in hand.

------------------------

HEY GUYS IM BACK!!!!

So this is chapter 1 of the second book in my Percy Jackson series. If you haven't read the first book The Uniting, please do that first to clear up confusion. Also go check out some of my other books and don't forget to vote, comment, and spread the word!!!

Love you all,

Grace🐧

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

689K 16.4K 48
Gaea took everything from me. Annabeth.. almost all of the seven... my parents... All of it. All that's left is Leo, Nico, and Thalia. I decided to l...
36.1K 679 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
18.2K 754 53
||HIGHEST RANK: #1 in KaneChronicles|| ||#20 in HeroesOfOlympus|| ||PJO Watty Award Winner|| This is a Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles/Magnus Chase F...
575 28 13
A Percy Jackson, Miraculous, and KOTLC three-series crossover. Please read again, since I changed it slightly, even if you already read some chapters...