Sentenced (J.JK)

By Kookieapplebts

The words you speak can save his life. Say the wrong thing and he'll be hung six feet in the air. Haha. No... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Final

Chapter 18

2.9K 231 143
By Kookieapplebts

 But it isn't just any helicopter.

It is a police helicopter. 

-

"Jungkook, get down," you yelp before abruptly pushing the boy towards a dark corner. 

The two of you stumble into an uncomfortable position but that doesn't register in your head, the only thing you can think about right now is the infamous sound of the chopper up above. 

You squint your eyes shut, begging your heartbeat to settle. You are surrounded by darkness, the weird air vent next you is providing you with the 'camouflage' you need. But the question is, is it enough? What if they spot you? What if they land here? Your heartbeat increases upon noticing the open space of the rooftop. Perfect for a helicopter to land on. 

Images of you forced into handcuffs while being escorted away by authoritative figures rupture your brain causing you to wince. Your head feels fuzzy, you can feel Jungkook's body tense, but you aren't exactly sure where the boy is. 

This moment feels like a reality check. It wakes you up from your washed down reality of who Jungkook is. Jungkook is a criminal. Even though you know, from the bottom of your heart, that he isn't evil, that he is innocent, the whole world doesn't seem to think so. To you, he is Jungkook, the boy who has a gentle bunny smile, the boy who makes silly jokes, hates losing and is absolutely horrible at taking in alcohol. But to everyone else, he is Jungkook, the heartless boy who mercilessly murdered his parents in cold blood.

And in that moment, blinded by the silent darkness that is engulfing you, you come to a realisation. 

You didn't just want to win this case to get Jungkook out of jail, no. You wanted to win this case to prove to the world that Jungkook is innocent. You wanted to show them that he is, Jeon Jungkook, the boy whose parents got murdered, not Jeon Jungkook, the boy that murdered his parents. A victim, not a perpetrator. 

And you don't even realise how lost in thought you are until the silence of the night settles into your brain. So silent. Not a single sound. 

No more helicopters. 

Exhale. The frost laced breath that slides past your lips is a token of your relief, signalling the overbearing weight that eases off your chest. "They didn't see us," you inform, sounding breathless.

Jungkook doesn't respond, merely nods. "W-we weren't caught, thank god," you stutter as a small smile flutters across your lips. You are so focused on the relief of not being caught that you don't seem to take into account the rather suggestive position the two of you are in. 

You are straddling Jungkook, as he lays flat on the cold floor. Your knees are placed on either side of his waist as your hands rest on his chest. It seems that due to the rush of pure panic and adrenaline, you fell into this position and you still haven't really registered it in your head. "Oh my god, w-we didn't get caught!" You state excitedly, slightly bouncing in joy. 

Jungkook's breath hitches. "Y-yeah," he mutters, voice sounding rather hoarse. 

Jungkook feels hot, despite the blistering slap of the 4 degrees weather, he feels so hot.  His mouth goes dry and his body turns tense. How could he not react this way? When you just sat there, on top of him, ruthlessly moving around, oblivious to the effect it has on him. 

"I can't believe we did this today, It was so random," you say while gripping onto his hoodie. Jungkook hums, tuning out your rambling and focusing on the one thing he can't seem to get his mind off. 

 Your lips. Even through all the chaos that occurred, all he saw is you and your pretty pink lips. 

He can still taste you. You taste like cherry chapstick, with maybe a hint of tequila. 

"Did you have fun today?" You ask, looking down at him. 

Jungkook stares back at you, his dark irises scrutinising yours. 

"God," he mutters, his words getting lost in the breeze. 

You tilt your head, curious about his unreadable expression. "What is it?"

Jungkook closes his eyes for a second before reopening them. 

"You're just so..." suddenly, he pulls you down by your shirt, his lips harshly crashing into yours. He relishes in the sweet flavour, nibbling on your lips as you gasp out in surprise. His hands' grip onto your waist, squeezing slightly as you start to kiss him back.

Jungkook groans slightly as you pull away, lips glistening, red and swollen. 

"I'm so what, Jungkook?"

 "...irresistible." The boy replies quickly. "You're so irresistible."

A bright pink blush covers your features, "oh- uh- um-I..."

And for once, you are at loss for words. 

~

The gentle brush of the sunrise sweeps over the messy desk. Among the clutter of files and paper, is a tired ravenette, her brows furrowed as she frantically types away on her computer. The bags under her eyes rest like a trophy for her endless work. She grips onto the coffee, her only source of what seems to be life. If it wasn't for the little "break' she had last night, she might as well be dead from exhaustion right now. Ava rubs at her temples, feeling the pulsing headache surge through her head. "I hope this is enough."

On the other end of the spacious office, is a much cleaner desk. Even though the golden glaze of sunlight doesn't reach this end of the office, it holds a much happier and calmer environment. 

"Guys, the trial is in a few hours, are you ready?" Namjoon enters the office, his built frame clad in a tight shirt and black trousers. 

You hum in response, gathering your files before standing up. Ava grunts in response, scribbling a few messy notes down before leaning back in her chair. 

"Well, you better hurry up, you have 30 minutes to get ready," Namjoon states, his attention pointed towards the frantic ravenette. 

You and Namjoon walk out of the office, feet stepping in sync. "Namjoon?"

The man looks at you, face questioning. "Yeah?"

"Have you received the autopsy files yet?" 

Namjoon pauses before shaking his head, eyebrows furrowing. "Unfortunately, no, I haven't. Since the two bodies were found in such a dismantled state, it is very difficult to identify any clues regarding the actual cause of death. The doctors are finding it difficult to even put the body parts together. Whoever the criminal is, they were very clever to have done so much damage to the body. It bought them a lot of time to escape. A lot."

You exhale the built-up frustration that has risen in your lungs. "Whoever the murder is, they are much smarter than we think they are."

~

"Hey, Jungkook, are you ready for the trial?"

"Oh- um -hi -haha-hi- um-h-hey-um-hah."

"Uhh, are you okay?" You ask slowly. 

"Yes! No. I mean yes but like i-"

"Jungkook..?"

"I-" the boy takes in a deep breath. "I'mSorryForKissingYouYesterday!" 

"Uhh? What?"

Jungkook sighs before repeating, "I'm sorry for kissing you yesterday. I was a bit tipsy and I shouldn't have-I-I-... I shouldn't have come onto you like that, it probably made you feel very uncomfortable."

You look at him hesitantly, "so you regret kissing me?"

"NO! I-I mean, I don't regret kissing you but I-I just wasn't sure if you were okay with it-"

"You're right Jungkook," you start, walking closer to the boy. "I absolutely hated the kiss." The brunette's face falls, his eyes casting down towards the ground. 

Suddenly, he feels a warm pair of lips on his. He looks up just as you quickly pull away, "I hated it because it didn't last as long as I would have liked it to." 

Jungkook's cheeks burn a bright red as he flashes an embarrassed grin. "O-oh," he whispers, sounding small. 

You smile warmly before nudging him, "c'mon, let's go. We have a trial to win!"

~

You march into the courtroom, feeling your heart thump steadily against your chest.  

You should feel scared, should feel disheartened, it's the last trial after all, but you don't. Instead, you feel brave, confident, you feel like a winner. 

You rake your eyes over the room and notice Ava at the desk opposite you, her hands fiddling nervously with files. Your eyes flicker to the prominent dark circles under her eyes and a pang of guilt hits you. But just as quick as it came, the guilt fades away, leaving you with that confident aura once again. 

You walk over towards brunette locks, a smile resting on your face. 

"Ready," you ask him. 

Jungkook huffs out a laugh, "why do you always ask me if I'M ready? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" 

You shrug, "well then, go ahead, ask me." 

Jungkook shakes his head, "no need, I can already tell that you are ready just by the way you walked in the room."

You quirk you eyebrow up at that, "oh, so you were staring at me from the minute I walked in, huh?"

"What- no-I-"

"Just admit it, I'm an attention grabber."

"Yeah, you really blew me away by tripping over that door frame," Jungkook replies flatly while gesturing towards the entrance. 

You gasp before frowning, "I-I was testing if it was stable or not. And plus, you're one to speak, you nearly got us executed last night by tripping over that window when we were sneaking back in."

Jungkook shrugs, a light blush dusting his cheeks as he reminiscences over the events of last night.  

~

It seems as if a hundred eyes bore into you as you step onto the podium. 

"Today, I would like to start the trial off by stating how Jungkook lacked a motive for the murder." 

"Some would say, his strong hatred towards his parents drove him to the point of murdering them," you state while staring directly at the ravenette in front of you. "But this is wrong. Jungkook never despised his parents, he couldn't despise them. Mr and Mrs Jeon might have been harsh on him, but that does not give him a valid reason to hate them to the point of murdering them. And Jungkook knows that if he did kill his parents, he would have to take over both their companies, which is way too much of a workload for a person at such a young age. Even if Jungkook hated his parents, he needed them, so he wouldn't have murdered them." 

You notice an emotion flicker through Ava's eyes, it has your skin crawling, stomach-lurching, breath hitching.  And no, this emotion wasn't filled with hatred nor was it sinister, no, instead it was one you never notice on the ravenette. Confusion. 

You couldn't help but shudder, because why would she be confused?

"I agree," the ravenette suddenly speaks out, dragging the attention of the court over to her. "Jeon Jungkook did not hate his parents."

You feel this gut-wrenching feeling flutter throughout your body. It was one thing to oppose a statement, it was another to agree. Agreeing meant she acknowledged it. Acknowledging it meant she has a better statement to prove it wrong. 

"Jungkook envied them." The ravenette states, walking over to the small podium. "Envied their success, their money, their fame. He was the shadow lurking behind the famous Jeons'. It wasn't hate, it was envy, jealousy." 

You bite your bottom lip, fists clenching as the girl continues to speak.   

"and yes, It would have been too much for an ordinary boy to take up two multi-million dollar corporations. But Jungkook is no ordinary boy, he is the only son of the Jeons, two masterminds in business. He was raised to be a businessman from the minute he was born. He knew very well that if the Jeons were to die, he would own two large companies worth millions of dollars, along with the billions and billions of dollars of life insurance."

Ava looks up at the judge, dark eyes twinkling, "Your honour, Jungkook did not kill his parents because of hate, he killed them because of envy. He was simply tired of hiding behind their shadows and wanted to take everything into his own hands. He still loved them, but his jealousy took over."

"Ms Chan, do you have any proof to back up that claim?" The judge asks. 

Ava smiles before handing over a tape. 

"This, your honour, is the phonecall that Jungkook made that night to report his parents' murder."

Soon, the frantic voice of Jungkook invades the room, the sound amplified through the speakers.

"119, what's your emergency?"

"T-They di-died,"

"Sir, please calm down, can you please state what the problem is?"

"My p-parents. T-they a-are dead!"

"Sir, could you be a little more specific-"

"B-blood and- I- the-y are dead. Body parts are everywhere. T-their bodies h-have been torn apart- I-I can't even recognise th-em."

"Okay sir, we are sending help, please stay calm and keep talking to me."

Ava smirks before speaking, "his voice was so frantic, so scared, it's normal to be panicked but he sounded way too frantic. This phone call was made around three hours after the actual murder, this was evident through how most of the blood had already dried up when authorities arrived. How could he have not noticed a murderer coming in and killing his parents until three hours passed? Unless of course, he was the murderer. Not only that, his voice was filled with sheer panic. It sounded almost as if he was nervous, rather than shocked."

The judge scribbles some notes, his aged hand gripping tightly to the pen. "Ms Kim? Would you like to make a statement?" He asks, lifting his head and peeking at you through his glasses.  

You stand there, mind blank as you try to filter the words through your brain. 119 Phonecall? You had not prepared for anything like that, you were so focused on Ava's notes, that you forgot a minor detail. She could change what she's going to say. It made sense, you would also change your argument if you lost all your notes. You couldn't believe how dumb you were. How foolish you acted. 

"Ms Kim?" The judge calls out, eyebrows furrowing in worry. 

You gulp, hand shaking as you speak. "T-the insurance money is held i-in a bank, Jungkook doesn't have full o-ownership of it. H-he wouldn't j-just kill h-his parents to get m-money t-that doe-sn't belong to him." You feel the nerves slip through your mouth, anxiety slapping at your chest. 

"Yes, but the only other people who had ownership of the insurance money was the Jeon's themselves, but they won't be using that money. Since their dead." Ava states, ending nonchalantly. 

Your breathing accelerates, "f-for the p-phone-" you bite your lip before closing your eyes. "For the 119 phonecall, it is normal for people to sound p-panicked, his parents had died- murdered ruthlessly, anyone would b-be nervous."

Ava doesn't hesitate to speak, barely letting you finish your sentence as she says, "He described their dead bodies with such eerie detail-

"The operator asked for him to describe in detail, h-he was only following the instructions." 

Ava pauses, amused as she notices your frantic expression. 

"As I was saying, he described the bodies in such eerie detail, he seemed to know the way they were murdered, 'torn apart'. And he seemed so sure that his parents were dead when he himself said they were unrecognisable. Even though the victim's clothes were next to the scene, how did he know that it was them, why did he not just assume it was a prank? And yes, it is normal for people to sound panicked when they call, but he sounded a little too over the top. A bit jumpy, as if he was hiding something." 

Ava nods towards the judge before sitting down. The Judge looks at you, "Ms Kim?"

You eyes slowly lift up to look over at him. Pupils shaking as he asks you, "do you have anything to say to that?"

You gulp, heart beating fast, tears threatening to spill. And without a single word, you weakly shake your head 'no'. 

The Judge seems surprised, how could you give him so easily? But regardless, he stands up, black robe clinging to his lean figure as he speaks. 

His voice is soft, sounding almost burdened, a hint of sadness displayed in his tone. 

His words are muffled to you, all you can hear is the buzz of negative energy that surrounds you, making you feel dizzy. 

But even with the dreadful atmosphere ripping apart your thoughts, your ears catch onto the single sickening phrase that sends your stomach plummeting. 

"For the Murder of Jeon Do Hyung and Jeon Ji Woo, Jeon Jungkook is officially sentenced to death."

~

Your hazy eyes glance over at the brunette, mind feeling clattered. 

He looks at you, eyebrows furrowed. However, he doesn't look scared. He looks... angry? Hurt?

And your heart wrenches at the thought of him being angry at you, at him being hurt by you. 

"Jungkook," you call out weakly. 

But he doesn't seem to be listening as he gets up from his seat. 

"I need to meet someone," he states before walking towards the guard, leaving you guilty and confused. 

~

"Make it quick," the guard states, letting the blonde enter the interview room. 

He nods before looking up to see the brunette, his eyes saddening as he does so. "Kooki-"

"Jimin," Jungkook cuts him off. 

Jimin tilts his head, ears awaiting the question the seems to have Jungkook on edge. 

"Whose side are you on?" 

-

A/N: Do you guys have any hunches on who the murderer is? I am going to try and update as much as possible, but I'm going to be really busy for the next few weeks. But anyways, I love you guyssss, thank you for reading. ❤️❤️❤️ I hope you have a lovely day, and if you don't, I hope tomorrow is better for you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 4.9K 30
"You're free! Go away! Never come back!" |•| "I'm sorry... I never knew you have that history.... But i still love you.. " |•|
1.1K 128 16
Falling for him feels like you've just committed the biggest sin of your life. Because you weren't supposed to. It's wrong yet feels so right. Jimin...
330 22 7
Let's just say Jimin and Taehyung are never too old for a babysitter. "In the game of life and death. There are no winners. Just survivors." WARNIN...