Sugar [18+]

By paulajop

His eyes connect with mine and I find myself frozen in place. Reese whispers something in Draven's ear and le... More

Copyright Šī¸
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47| Epilogue: Part One
Chapter 48| Epilogue: Part Two
Authors Note

Chapter 24

32.3K 1.2K 38
By paulajop

I'm still sitting on the porch, swinging on the swing. Most of the kiddos have finally gone home. Only a few of the little monsters remain. I've lost count of how many fights I've had to break up since I've been sitting here. I have to give Wren a lot of credit. She handles these children very well without losing herself in the process.

Speaking of Wren, I haven't seen her since she tried to decapitate me. Hopefully she's in a better mood. If he ever does that to her again, I'm going to kill him myself.

As long as I've known her, I have never seen her so mad before. I mean, she gets mad, but not mad enough to where I can't talk to her. It was almost like she was a totally different person and I don't want to see that person ever again.

To be honest, she had me fearing for my brother safety. The thought makes me chuckle. I wasn't too sure if I should leave them alone at first. But he created that mess and he needed to fix it.

Wren steps out onto the porch. Her hair is wrapped in a towel. She must have just got out of the shower. She takes a seat on the swing next to me and hands me a glass of tea. I love her tea. It tastes a lot better than store bought tea, that's for sure.

"Most of the kids went home. I never knew how many horny semi-attractive moms Oakley's friends have," I joke.

"I'm sorry!" She sighs, ignoring my comment. "I don't know what came over me."

I know what came over her. Sex and Draven, that's what!

I chuckle, "It's okay, I blame him anyway. He can be a dick sometimes." She laughs. It's so nice to see her smiling and laughing again.

I take a sip of my tea, "So, where's Draven?"

She pulls the towel from her hair and begins to towel dry it. "He's in the shower." Her long hair flopping through the air as she roughly dries it with the towel, sprinkling me with little droplets of water. When she's finished, we sit silently for a few moments. She fiddles with the ends of her hair. You can tell she has something on her mind.

She sighs, "Are you okay with all this? I mean with Draven and I?" There's concern written all over her face.

At first I wasn't too sure about it. But after careful consideration, I think the two of them will be good for each other. She needs someone who would be willing to protect her and her children at all costs and I believe that's him. And he needs someone to show him unconditional love and support and that's her. So yes, I am very much okay with this.

I smile. "I am one-hundred percent okay with this. It's just going to take some getting use to, that's all."

Her face softens and her eyes begin to fill with tears. She puts her head down and sniffs. Did I say something?

I scoot closer to her. "What's wrong, sugar," I ask softly, pulling her into a hug. "Did I say something wrong?"

She sniffs again and pulls her head back to look at me, "No, I'm just scared." Just by the look on her face, I can tell, she truly is scared.

I should've known that, that's what her problem was. Poor girl had been through hell and has a lot of trust issues. And dating Draven probably doesn't make it any easier, since she knows everything about him.

"It's okay to be scared, "I tell her, wiping away a stray tear that has fallen down her cheek. "But if you don't try, you will never forgive yourself." She seems to relax.

She sniffs and rubs her eyes. "Who knew you would be so good at giving relationship advice? That was really good," she chuckles.

I'm glad she approves. To be honest it sounded horrible in my head. But, I'm glad it came out the right way.

"That's what friends are for," I nudge her shoulder with mine. "Right?"

She smiles wide at me and nods her head. "Yeah, that's what friends are for."

Just then her eyes widen in horror. She fishes her phone out of her back pocket and looks at the time. "Reese, your late for your meeting!"

She stands abruptly and begins pacing the porch, muttering incoherent words to her self. I'm not exactly worried about being late for this meeting, since it's only with my father. If she knew it was with him she wouldn't be panicking the way she is.

Draven steps out onto the porch and freezes. His eyes find me. He looks like he's ready to run.

"Wren, it's okay!" I chuckle. "It's only my father."

She stops and looks at me. "Really?" She asks and I nod my head. "Thank, God!" Her eyes land on Draven. He hasn't moved a muscle since he came outside. "What's your problem?"

"Nothing, I-, it's nothing!"

He stares warily at Wren, as she approaches him. She wraps her arms around him and snuggles her face in his chest. He hesitates for a moment, but eventually wraps his arms around her and kisses her on the head. I can't believe what I am witnessing right now.

"Holy shit! Holy fucking shit!" I laugh. "She has you by the balls!"

His cheeks begin to turn beet-red and I laugh harder. This is great. I never thought in a million years I would see the day when a woman would have his balls in the palm of her hand and so soon.

Wren snickers, "I do not! His balls are still perfectly attached to his perfect body." His cheeks are still red as hell, but he manages to smile smugly at me. "For now, anyway," she adds, knocking that smile right off his face. She glance up at his facial expression and laughs. "I was joking."

Draven doesn't deny nor confirm my allegations and stays silent. He runs his fingers through her hair with his free hand and sways slowly back and forth, while continuing to hold her. This is quite romantic if you ask me. I'm truly happy for them.

Draven and I are getting ready in the bedroom. Our father called multiple times yelling at us because we wasn't there yet. After I lied to him, telling him that Wren, was holding us up, he calmed down and wanted to talk to her. He always says that, she is the daughter he never had.

"Do you always blame Wren, to get yourself out of trouble?" Draven asks.

I slip on my jacket. "Hell yeah I do! She does no wrong in his eyes. He looks at her like she's his daughter!"

I fix the collar of my jacket. I don't understand why we have to dress like this. For fuck sake it's ninety degrees outside and we're meeting at the warehouse. Makes no sense to me.

"That's fucked up man. Here I am thinking he's being harder on me because I'm the oldest and here you are with daddies little girl in your corner," he seethes.

I smile sheepishly at him. He has just figured out my secret. Aside from my mother, Wren is the only other person who can get my dad off my back. I don't know how they do it, but they do.

My dad is a very nice man and well respected. But, he can be pretty vicious when he needs to be. He owns Knight Hotels and is actually the one who deals with most of the illegal shit. He makes us tag along so when he can't make it, we can handle it on our own.

Wren walks in and hands me my phone. "Stop using me to get yourself out of trouble," Wren tells me. She hates it when I involve her.

"What did he say?" Draven asks, struggling with his tie.

"Well, he said to tell you both, to get there as soon as you can," she walks over to Draven and helps him with his tie. "And that he wants the kids for a few weeks during summer vacation.

"Really?" Draven chimes in.

"Draven, you have no clue how much he treasures those kids. To him they are his grandchildren and if you try and tell him other wise, be prepared for an ear full." I chuckle.

Wren makes her way over to me and smoothes my suit out. It's good to know she hasn't tossed me to the side. I think I'd be devastated if she ever did. She steps back and smiles, "I think you're ready."

Draven, grabs her by the waist and kisses her softly on the lips. When he breaks the kiss, he stares down at her like she is the most precious thing he has in his life. It's almost like he's in love.

Love.

That's it! That's what Draven was trying to tell me on the porch earlier. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Draven is in love. He's in love with Wren.

I observe them closely. The same look that's on his face, is also plastered all over hers. She's in love with him too. I'm sure of it.

"Are you ready?" Draven asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

"I've been ready. I'm just waiting on you, lover boy," I taunt him.

Wren chuckles and leaves the room, brushing off my comment. Draven on the other hand doesn't. All the color has drained from his face and he looks as if he's about to throw up. Confirming my suspicions.

I decide he's had enough for now and leave him alone in the room. He'll tell me sooner or later. Even if I have to beat it out of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3M 761K 53
What is he doing? "Embre." I'm still pressed up against him, my breath quickening by the second. "Yes?" I ask breathlessly, he placed his hand in my...
429K 16.7K 81
Celeste didn't think it couldn't get any weirder than waitressing at an exclusive erotic masquerade ball for the uber-rich. Then she caught the eye o...
66.4K 1.7K 22
I breathe heavily and he grab a full fist of my hair and pull it back and his breath fanned my neck as he started to whisper, "Do you want me, Y/n?"...
5M 156K 72
For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit on his lap as I felt his lips near my ne...