The Delinquent and The Silent

By Emmie_Carmelo

A mute girl, Century, was living a cruel life in her guardian's custody. She was a victim of physical and men... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 45

3.3K 152 26
By Emmie_Carmelo

Danny's POV

Sinuot ko ang shades ko bago ko binuksan ang pinto ng sasakyan. I made sure walang gaanong tao bago ako lumabas. I let Ford hopped out too. Century doesn't like people knowing she's back.

"Welcome home" bati ko kay Cent.

I glance at Century. She's not changed at all except for her shoulder length hair and she actually got taller.

She nods her head smiling at me. We're in her house. I'm here para isauli si Ford. Two days ago, umuwi siya ng Pinas pero she's been fixing the papers para sa bagong bili niyang bahay so sakin muna niya naiwan si Ford.

"I hope magsesettle ka na dito?" I asked.

"We'll see" she said petting Ford.

Since bumili siya ng bahay I'm thinking she's planning to stay for good. I hope she's done with her 'me-time' and find other things she wanna do.

I stayed for a little bit longer talking about the guys, most about Luke.

She cringed. "How's he?"

"Capable of staying alive. So much progress in life. He's done great things actually. He's quite about all of it though. He hates people poking their noses in his business"

Century was never back in the country for three years. She passed her boards and then she's around the world traveling and exploring new things. She never get in touch while she's away so I was surprised when she called me two days ago saying she's coming home.

Big Shaq and her dad were silent too regarding her whereabouts.

"Do you know Luke's address?"

I gave her a knowing smile and then I wrote down Luke's address.Finally. That lovesick dude will get some medicine.

Luke's POV

I finished my office works before telling Jared, my secretary, about some important meetings he needs to attend on my behalf. That is because two times lang akong pumapasok sa trabaho so Jared has to do most of the works. The rest of the day, I spend it at home or with my family and friends.

I then drove home. I reached my driveway but can't enter because some stupid driver parked his car blocking the way.

I removed my seat belt, open my door and slid out. The car's windows are heavily tinted and I can't see inside. I knocked on it three times. He didn't budge.

"Nakaharang ka sa daanan ko!"

He then reversed his car hanggang sa matapat siya sa sasakyan ko. He revved his car...loud. Gagong to. Nanghahamon ba siya?

I got inside my car not minding his antics. Wala akong oras sa isang to. All I want is to shower and sleep.

The other car's passenger window rolled down. This time I get to see the driver. Or not. Naka hoodie siya kaya natatakpan ang mukha niya from my view.

"Let's race"

I furrowed my brows. Hindi familiar ang boses niya but it's too soft para sa isang lalaki. The driver's a she then.

I rolled my eyes. "Wala akong panahon sayo"

"Come on, Luke. Man up" she said giggling. The nerve.

Wait. Kilala niya ako?

Magtatanong sana ako when she raise her left hand. Three of her fingers are pointing ahead of us. "First traffic light. On three, Luke"

Fine. I'd like to see this lady cry. The first traffic light from here is about 10 kilometers away. Yun yung bungad ng city proper.

Three.
Two.
One.

"GO!" She yelled.

Man, she moves fast. But I can keep up. Good thing I'm driving my Mustang. She's driving a McLaren.

We try to outsmart each other and I can tell this lady's no ordinary. She knows how to block my way not letting me pass by.

My advantage maybe is that I know the road too well so when we reached the next curve I decelerate to avoid rocks that are almost covering half of the road. She didn't stop in time and got her car drifting to avoid crashing. I smirked when I got the lead. She's hot behind my trail tho.

Just how fast can this psycho go? She managed to get her car back on track. And man she's almost in line with me.

I see the traffic light ahead and I know I can make it before she even got her car side by side with mine.

Boy I was wrong because I lost control and even pushed her car to get to the finish line.

Damn it.

She honked before driving her car back to my lane. I was now facing the traffic light while she at the opposite. She rolled her windows down. Shes not wearing her hoodies anymore but her cap's still hiding her face. I noticed her short hair.

"Nice try. I win this time though" she smiled then waved her hand before she zoomed out.

It took me seconds to process in mind the tattoo on her arm. It's a wolf. A familiar wolf because I got the same.

I went full speed chasing her.

Nahabol ko siya nang malapit na kami sa bahay. She's not driving fast. It's as if hinihintay talaga niyang makahabol ako.

"Pull over!" I yelled nang magkatapat na kami. Super magkalapit din mga sasakyan namin.

Her windows are still down so I can see her shaking her head. "Ayoko nga"

"Century come on. Let's talk"

"We're talking"

I paused.
Yeah we are. I can't believe she can talk now!

We drive in slow speed. I can see the side of her face. Gawd, she's beautiful. She cut her hair short but that got her looks better.

"I missed you"

She looked at me then beamed. She's prettier when she smiles.

"I missed you too, Luke"

"When did you come back?"

"Two days ago. I bought a house" she said before adding "hehe"

So cute of her.

"Are you here for good?"

She stopped her car. I did the same. Nasa tapat na pala kami ng bahay ko. We looked at each other not leaving our cars.

"Depends on someone"

I sighed. I guess she's not done going away from me.

She stepped out of her car and leaned on it. "How are you?"

I shrugged. "Good I guess. How bout you?"

"Now talking. You're the first one to hear it actually. I pretended to be mute even when I found my voice"

I felt flattered. "Good to know. How'd it happen?"

"Just... happened. Just recently. I was drowning and then I cried for help"

Kung alam ko lang na sa lunod lang pala babalik boses niya edi sana ako na gumawa noon pa. I slid out of my car to get closer to her. She's gotten taller. Other than that, still the Cent I love.

"I'm sorry I left" she murmured.

I shook my head. "You needed it. It's okay. You're here now"

"I... are you... married?"

I burst out laughing. "Cent, I kept my promise. I'm waiting and still will wait until you decide to come back to me"

She bit her lip, her eyes teary. "Do you want me to stay?"

I pulled her close holding her chin, meeting her eyes. "I do"

"Then I'll stay"

I hugged her. "Thank you"

"I love you. It's so hard to be away from you"

I hugged her tighter. "I love you too. I won't let you get away from me again. I mean it, Cent. Three years is enough."

She giggled. "Let's get married then"

I pulled away from her hug to kiss her. "Will you marry me?"

She kicked the back of my knees so fast I ended up kneeling down in front of her. "Wala ka na ngang singsing, hindi ka pa luluhod"

I rolled my eyes. I actually have one pero nasa loob ng bahay and looks like she wanted the proposal right now so the ring will have to wait a bit.

"But yeah, I will marry you Luke"

I pulled her down with me and we hit the paved road. "Pwede bang unahin na lang natin honeymoon ngayon?" I whispered.

She smiled before slapping my balls. "Aray!" Nagbibiro lang naman ako eh.

"Manyak!"

We heard laughter from behind us and we turned to see the guys, all three of them, clapping at us. My dad's with them, covering his one eye.

"Yan na ba ang version niyo ng get down and dirty?" Danny laughed.

Cent blushed and I kissed her. "Never leave me again"

"We'll stay together"

The End

Hello readers! Thank you for reading and reaching up to this chapter. Again, I would like to thank those who waited patiently for my every updates. (You know who you are). I thank you for voting and posting comments. I really appreciate your efforts.

I dedicate this book to those who are fighting inner battles, to those who don't have a voice to speak of what they're going through, to those who are still gathering enough courage to get back in their fight. May like my character Century, you will find the strength and will to live. Find your happiness. You all deserve it.

Emmie_Carmelo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 131 48
"let's dance under the snow"
13.9K 968 67
Masayahin, maaasahan kahit na may pagka-makulit. Yan si Holy. Dalawang taon nang wala ang mga magulang nya at dalawang taon na din syang pagala-gala...
9.3K 202 48
[Completed] Work life Balance ? Ano yun? Trish must be lucky on her career but in love? At the age of 29 she is already a senior manager in one of t...
70.3K 1K 44
"Hindi naman ako 'yong klaseng angel na inaakala mo." - Ayara - Date Started: June 06, 2023 Date Finished: June 23, 2023