๐๐š๐ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐...

By CUSH_BISH

Copyright ยฉ 2019 All Rights Reserved This book contains material protected under international and federal co... More

๐‚๐จ๐ฉ๐ฒ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ยฉ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐Ÿ’‹
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ—.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ—.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ’‹Epilogue๐Ÿฅ€

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—.

2.7K 132 138
By CUSH_BISH

"Like A Jungle. . ."
- C–Murder💋

Chapter 29:

Miami

Two Weeks Later

"You niggas ready to make a name for yourselves, right?" Miami asked as he sat at the table with three youngsters.

He had recruited them from Dyckman for a specific job and they all were hungry live wires. They were the type of goons who killed for nothing. They were looking for a come up, so when Miami knocked on the door with an opportunity, they were ecstatic.

"No doubt. What we got to do?" the oldest of the young clique asked.

Miami smiled and rubbed his hands together, as he quickly scanned the nearly empty restaurant.

"I need a job done 'n I need it done right. I need a bitch kidnapped," Miami said without blinking an eye.

"Kidnapped?" the kid asked as a smile formed on his face. "Shit's easy, son. We a'snatch 'dat bitch up. Just point us to her. We will handle da' rest, big homie," he said with confidence as the two other goons nodded in approval.

"Na', lil' nigga. You goin' about it all wrong. It's not an easy job. 'Dis isn't an ordinary chick. I mean...she's tough, 'n she will fight back. She is not to be underestimated, so I need 'dis done right wit' no mishaps. You got me?"

"Bet. We just need da' rundown on da' bitch. You want us to slump her?" the goon asked as he began to lick his chops, eager to kill. He wanted to put in work so badly.

Miami shook his head in frustration and folded his hands together, trying not to show his frustration.

"Listen close. I want you to snatch her up. 'Dats it! Understand?"

"Got it," the leader said.

"Meet me here tomorrow at da' same time 'n I will give you all da' info. I'm goin' to set up a spot 'dat I want you to take her to. Once she's there, tie her up and wait for me. You do 'dat 'n I got twenty-five stacks for you...apiece," Miami stated.

"Apiece?" they all asked in unison, not believing what they had just heard.

They would have done it for free, but to find out that they was about to get paid handsomely, it was a bonus.

" 'Dats right. If you guys pull 'dis off, I will put all of you on. No more small-time shit, lil' nigga. Welcome to da' big leagues. You have da' ticket to da' money train right in front of you. What you gon' do?" Miami asked as he sat back in his chair and looked at each one of them in the eyes.

"We gon' get 'dat money," the leader said.

Pandora's box had just been opened, and Miami knew that there was no coming back on what he had just put in motion.

*****

Ariel

Following Afternoon

Ariel looked at the paper in her hands and smiled seeing her baby's ultrasound pictures. She couldn't wait to show August. She was only six weeks pregnant, and the realization that she would finally be a mother hit her.

This made her heart warm, and a smile spread across her face involuntarily. Just as the thought of August danced in her mind, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was him calling.

"Hey, baby. I was just--"

"--Look, Ari'. Listen very closely ta' me. I need'chu ta' check inta' a room in Staten Island. Do not go home," August said, cutting her off mid-sentence.

Ariel could sense the urgency in his voice, something very rare with August. He seemed extremely worried.

"Wait, wait. What's wrong, baby? Is everything okay?" Ariel asked as the smile that was just on her face turned into a confused frown.

"Er'thang is okay. I just need'chu ta' do 'dat fa' me. As soon as ya' get thea' 'n check in, text me da' room numba'. I will meet'chu thea' lata' ta'night," August instructed.

"August, you are scaring me. Tell me what is going on," she demanded as she made her way over to her car.

"Just do what I said 'n I will explain it ta' ya' lata' ta'night, okay?" he responded.

"Okay. August...I love you," Ariel said as she stopped walking for a brief second.

"I love ya' too baybeh'," August said just before he hung up the phone.

Ariel pushed the end button on her phone and headed directly to her car. She began to get a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach and she hated the feeling.

She knew something was wrong. She had never heard August sound so anxious. Ariel hurried to her car and started it, looking around apprehensively. She pulled out of the parking lot and fixed her rearview mirror.

She was growing nervous and paranoid because of August's instructions. She maneuvered through the streets and headed toward Staten Island.

"I don't know what's going on, August, but--"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a bum walking across the street and she hit her brakes abruptly, stopping just short of him.

Her whole body tensed up, and she blew her horn to alert him. Just as Ariel made eye contact with the bum, a black truck pulled up next to Ariel's car with three youngsters inside.

Ariel held her breath as she noticed the menacing looks on their faces and knew that something wasn't right. All three pairs of eyes were on her, and she felt her heart begin to pound hard.

Before she could react, a masked man jumped out and got into her car. He had a gun to her head and threw her car in park.

"Nooo!!" She yelled as everything happened so fast.

The driver side door swung open as a second masked man quickly wrapped his arm around her neck choking her, while his other hand covered her mouth muffling her screams for help.

Ariel cried trying her hardest to free herself from his grasp as she clawed at his hands and arm. She dug her teeth into his skin.

"Agghh!! Da' bitch bit me!" The goon shouted in pain.

His anger caused him to grip her forcefully by the neck as he yanked her by her hair, damn near ripping the strands from her scalp. Ariel kicked violently as she screamed to the top of her lungs, but it was to no avail as the man roughly snatched her out of the car.

Dragging her to the black truck kicking and screaming, a black pillowcase was put over Ariel's head as she cried for August, but he couldn't hear her. No one could.

------

Six Hours Later...

Ariel coughed uncontrollably as she struggled to catch her breath. She had no idea how long she had been out, but as she opened her eyes she was hit with a splitting headache. Her mouth fell open in distress, but no sound came out as she grimaced in pain.

Where am I? she thought. Surprisingly, she was left unbound, and she hesitantly stood to her feet.

Ariel's eyes danced around the room to find something to defend herself with as her heart raced. The room was small but comfortable. A queen bed and a bureau were the only contents of the room, but with no window Ariel was unsure of what time of day it was.

Had she been out for hours or days? How long had she been gone? Did August realize she was missing? Ariel was at a mental loss as she tried to assess her current unfortunate event.

A greasy bag of food sat on top of the dresser, and Ariel silently went over to it, emptying the contents. A burger and fries sat inside. She bypassed the food and opened the drawers, hoping to find anything that she could use to protect herself.

A gun would have been nice, but Ariel wasn't picky. A pen, a wire hanger...she'd take anything at this point, but to her dismay all of the drawers were empty. She had been tossed into an empty room, and her imagination was getting the best of her.

The longer she waited, the more worry filled her heart. Ariel had never been afraid of anything in her life, but as she sat waiting for the unknown, she feared for the life of her unborn child. Maternal instinct caused her to think of the seed growing in her belly before thinking of herself.

Where da' fuck am I? she thought uneasily.

Her frustration grew until she couldn't contain herself. Fuck waiting for someone to come; she was going to make them come. Ariel walked over to the door and kicked it as hard as she could.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Always one to confront her enemies, wanted to see who she was up against. She wasn't about to cower and have the hours of the day tick by torturously slow. Someone had wanted her; now she was here, and she wanted to know the who's and why's behind the setup.

"I know you're out there! Who are you?! If you think someone isn't looking for me at 'dis very moment you got da' game fucked up! Let me da' fuck out now!!" she screamed as she beat the door with her fists, causing a commotion.

Ariel had been familiarized with the streets long enough to know that whoever had taken her wanted something. Otherwise she would be dead already. Her first thought told her that Miami was behind it.

He had more than enough reason to want her extinct, but something about the situation just didn't feel right. The new sheets on the bed, the mediocre but accommodating setup, the meal, none of it was Miami's style.

Miami would have put me in a dirt hole by now, Ariel thought.

At the least he would have gagged and bound her. The freedom of movement and speech was a luxury in this situation, and it was one that Miami would not have afforded her.

Ariel lifted her foot to kick the door once more, but momentum caused her to stumble forward slightly as the door opened. A masked goon entered the room, enraged at her outbursts. She was loud, screaming at the top of her lungs.

They were in the middle of nowhere on the outskirts of New York, in Cold Spring to be exact, and there was no one around to hear her, but he'd be damned if he listened to her wails all night.

"Bitch, get your ass over there 'n shut da' fuck up before I cut your tongue from your fuckin' throat!" he ordered as he grabbed her roughly and threw her onto the bed.

It took everything in Ariel not to come out of her mouth crazy at the dude in front of her. Fire danced in her eyes as she stared him down maliciously.

Her pride told her to pop off, but the thoughts of her child growing in her stomach won the battle of reason, making her play it cool.

"I'm sorry. Please, I just want to go home. What do you want? Is it money? I have money. I can get you--"

"--Shut da' fuck up!" the goon yelled.

A hard slap to her face caused Ariel to see stars, and she curled on the bed in a fetal position as she held her injured jaw. The goon stared lustfully at Ariel.

Her supple breasts heaved under the thin fabric of the skin-tight Chanel dress she wore and her ass could barely be contained, while her hips caused the hemline to rise. She held her face as she squirmed across the bed, putting her back against the wall.

"Where you goin'? Huh? You runnin'? I bet you run from da' dick just like 'dat, don't you?" the goon asked as he hovered over Ariel, grabbing at her legs.

Ariel kicked his hands away as she panicked. August's face flashed through her mind. She needed him now more than ever.

"No!" she screamed as her foot met with his mouth.

"Fuck! You bitch!" the goon shouted in pain.

Her protests only made him angrier, and despite the strict instructions he had been given regarding the job, he decided that he would have a piece of Ariel. She was too enticing not to sample.

He gripped her thighs with both hands and pulled her forcefully toward him. His hands squeezed her skin so tightly that he left bruises where each one of his fingertips dug into her flesh.

"Don't do 'dis, please. I'm pregnant," she whispered as he climbed on top of her and pulled out his dick.

He removed his pistol from his waistline placing it on the dresser as a crooked leer spread across his face, and he lowered himself, positioning for entry.

"Even better," he cracked. " 'Dats da' best pussy."

A flash of anger blazed in her eyes, and Ariel hawked up as much spit as she could muster and let it fly onto his face. The man slapped her so hard that her head jerked violently towards the right, stars appearing before her eyes.

"Bitch!!" the goon gritted through clenched teeth. "See now I'm really gonna' have to hurt you!"

Ariel wanted to fight him, but he was three times bigger than her. The only thing she could think of was something happening to her child. If he hit her hard enough, in just the right spot, it could endanger her seed, and she had to protect that at all costs.

She was in a delicate state, and her body stiffened at the foreign touch of another man. He opened her legs with such force that it felt as if her pelvis cracked. Tears flooded her vision, but he paid them no mind as he prepared to have his way with her.

In the past he would have had to kill her to take what he wanted, but things were so different. Now, she had something to live for. But she was a fighter, and refused to sacrifice a piece of her soul in order to survive.

She glanced at the 9mm. pistol resting on the nightstand, and realized that it was either now or never for her to try and escape her attacker. Her hand trembled as she struggled to reach for the gun.

The man roughly lifted her dress up as he tugged and pulled on her black lace thong, causing abrasions to appear around her hips from the applied force. Ariel screamed and wailed in protest while trying to grabbed the pistol, but it was too far out of her reach. So she put up an even bigger fight to get closer towards it.

"Stop fightin' me, bitch! You know you only makin' 'dis shit worse on yourself," he said vindictively trying to restrain her, as he ripped her thong off of her body stuffing them into his pocket.

As soon as she felt his dick about to penetrate her, by the grace of God, Ariel's hand finally grabbed a hold of the gun, and without zero hesitation, she pressed it directly into the man's stomach and pulled the trigger.

BOOM!!!

The gunshot rang in her ears, forcing her eyes open as the weight of the goon collapsed over her. His now limp body pushed the wind from her lungs, and she placed her hands on his dead chest and rolled him off of her.

Her body shook as his blood covered her dress and she looked at the chrome pistol resting in her hand.

I did it... I killed him... she thought, relieved that she was able to defeat the goon.

Ariel waisted no time in escaping, as she took off running as fast as her petite legs could go. Her bare feet slapped against the cold slate floor as she hurriedly skipped two steps at a time, trying to climb to the top.

She sprinted full speed and burst through the door. Her heart began to pound heavily as she was hit by the rays of florescent lighting illuminating the entire room.

She had no idea where she was, or how long she had been out, but the brightness of the room indicated that the afternoon sun had set, and the darkness of the night had approached.

Ariel quickly shook off the initial shock and darted out of the basement door, desperately searching for a door to escape the spacious house.

She panicked as she frantically ran through the house, knocking over lamps and chairs in the mist of her paranoia. She was afraid of the other goons catching her, and prayed that she would make it out alive.

When she finally found the front door, it had two deadbolts, causing her to grow furious as if everything in it's power tried to prevent her from evading the clutches of her captures.

She quickly unlocked the door and the moment her feet hit the grassy knowle, Ariel ran for dear life, bolting through the woods. Never once looking back...

*****

August

August paced back and forth with worry on his mind, but his heart was ablaze with anger. Damontrez had assembled the entire crew at August's request. They all sat silently. No one dared to say a word as they waited uneasily for August to speak first.

Everyone seated at the table knew that there were two people in August's life who were off-limits: Ariel and Antwan. Someone had disrespected him, and the veins bulging out of his neck indicated that someone's life was on an official countdown.

He held his hands behind his back as his jaw tensed. Damontrez stood ominously in the background, rubbing his chin as he bowed his head while leaning against the wall. He was the leader of The Bowe crew, but in this sensitive case, allowed August to wear the crown.

If August wanted to step into his seat, Damontrez would step aside and support his decision. It was love and loyalty that kept Damontrez and August on the same page. There was no competition between them because there were no weak links in their chain. They reigned over Brooklyn as a team.

Miami and Jarod had shared the same exact bond, which is why he couldn't allow for August to get away with killing his nigga, and felt that it was only fair game to kidnap his woman in the name of revenge.

But little did he know, Miami had fucked with the wrong nigga. August held zero punches when it came to his lady, he would burn the entire city of New York down if so much as a hair is touched on her head, and now that Ariel had been snatched, all bets were off and nothing was off limits.

If Miami wanted to play hardball, then August would school him on the rules of the game. Miami had put down a play that couldn't be taken back, and now August was all in.

August was strategic in the way he chose his words as he addressed the heads of his empire.

"Sum'thin has been taken from me. Sum'one dear ta' me has been touched. A line has been crossed. I've gotta' hunnid' racks fa' whoeva' can bring Miami Harris ta' me. Ion' care if he dead or alive, just deliver his ass ta' me. I've got ten thousand dollars fa' any members of his crew. I want anybody affiliated wit' 'dem niggas ta' be in pieces in da' Atlantic. Fish food," August stated, his voice even, like the calm before the storm.

Damontrez could see the anger simmering in August's heart, and he recognized the thirsty look in the eyes of his twin brothers, Khyrie, and Khalil, alongside the hustlers who sat around the table. August had put a six-figure bounty out on the streets, and niggas were determined to make that cake.

August dismissed the room, and Damontrez stayed back as the rest of the men exited the house. Tension was high, and Damontrez didn't even know what to say to reassure August. They had been through thick times before and had weathered the storm, but the current predicament was someone who occupied space inside August's heart.

He had thought that he had seized the war, but it was only just the beginning. And once again, he was about to kill another man on behalf of the woman he loved.

"She's pregnant, fam'. She's carryin' my kid 'n a nigga got ha' tied up sum'whea," August stated in disbelief.

If she hadn't been expecting, August would have more confidence that Ariel could hold things down. She wasn't the average victim, and vulnerability wasn't a characteristic that she showed often, but in her current state there was no way that she could defend herself.

August had to get her back home. If something happened to her, August would never forgive himself. She was his woman. She was his responsibility, and the baby growing in her stomach meant everything to him. August felt as if his worst fear was coming true.

He had promised Ariel that he would take care of her and protect her from this madness, but sadly enough, he had failed her.

"If sumn' happens ta' ha' or my baby, I'm gonna' paint da' fuckin' city red," August said as he walked over to the picture window that looked out over his beautifully landscaped condo.

"It won't. I'll put my ear to da' streets. Sum'body knows sumn'. If I hear anythin' I'll hit you, fam'," Damontrez said.

He gave August a reassuring pat on the back before making his exit.

*****

Omniscient

Ariel's eyes were so heavy that she could barely open them. Flashes of white light sneaked through her closed lids as she slowly came out of the anesthesia.

Her head was groggy, and she could barely remember where she was, but when she closed her eyes, it all came rushing back to her like a bad dream: The kidnapping; the shooting; the escaping. Every detail was fuzzy, but it was all slowly coming back to her.

I'm at da' hospital? I have to get out of here before Miami comes for me, she thought.

It took all of her might to roll onto her side. Her neck felt as if she were a newborn baby. She couldn't support her head and her vision was blurry.

Get up! she urged herself. Get up!

There was an IV in her arm. She snatched at it. She was so weak that she could barely get the needle out of her arm. Forcing herself to sit up, she stood on wobbly legs which caused excruciating pain to shoot throughout her body.

She shook her head from side to side trying to clear her vision. The anesthetic hadn't completely worn off, and it was hard for her to stay focused. Her limbs were so lazy, every move she made exhausted her, but she fought the urge to lie back down. The ringing of a phone snapped her to attention.

I have to get to 'dat phone, she thought.

Ariel was in a state of emergency. This was her only shot to reach out to August. She knew that if she didn't make it to that phone, she could kiss everything she ever knew goodbye. She forced herself to stand on her weak legs. She almost fell to the floor, but instantly caught her balance as she held onto the bed rails for support.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to regain her strength until she was able to move. The excruciation consuming her body, kept her alert as she used the objects in the room to help her toward the door.

"Where is da' phone?" she whispered to herself.

She stuck her head into the hallway. She could see the double doors that led to the lobby. Desperation and adrenaline filled her as she put her back against the wall and crept to the next room. She opened the door and frantically scanned for a phone.

"Thank you, God!" she cried as she rushed toward it. Moving too quickly, she fell. "Aghh!" she accidentally cried out hitting the floor hard.

She covered her mouth to stop herself from making too much noise. Tears flooded her face as she reached for the phone. The dial tone she heard was like music to her ears. Her fingers trembled as she tried to dial out, causing her to call the wrong number, 504.

Shit! What is his number? Her mind was so frantic that she could barely recall the correct sequence, 1-504-625-5119.

She could hear footsteps coming down the hallway, and she cradled the phone for dear life.

Please answer! Come on, please pick up!

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Answer! she begged as the footsteps drew closer. Please, I need you...

------

Ring! Ring! Ring!

August tirelessly coasted through the city streets as he indulged the fat blunt that he was smoking, when he felt his cell phone vibrating inside of his pocket. He anxiously pulled it out and looked at the unknown call coming in on his iPhone.

"Helluh'?" he answered.

All he heard was crying in the phone, and he immediately knew that it was Ariel.

"Aug'...August!" the shaky voice said.

He recognized her voice instantly. Emotions came rushing over him as he removed his designer shades in astonishment.

"Ariel?" he whispered in disbelief as his heart sank into his stomach.

Ariel was so hysterical when she heard him answer the phone that she couldn't get her words together. Every time she tried to speak, only sobs came out.

"Ariel, talk ta' me, ma! Calm down! Whea' are ya'? Ya' gotta' tell me whea' ya' are baybeh'!" she heard him yell.

Just the sound of his voice caused her to fall apart.

"August!" she whispered frantically. "August, please..." were the only words she was able to get out before the footsteps were at the door.

She hurried and pushed the telephone underneath the bed, but didn't disconnect the call. The door opened, and a confused nurse rushed inside.

"What are you doing in here? You should still be in recovery," she said.

"--Ariel!!" August screamed into the phone as he strained to hear the conversation on the other end of the line.

He could barely hear what was going on, but he knew that he needed to get to her ASAP. He felt it in his gut that time was slipping away from him. She was in grave danger, and August feared for her safety and their unborn child.

"Ariel!! Pick up da' phone!!!" he yelled.

"--Please, August...I have to talk to August!" Ariel pleaded with the nurse.

The nurse hushed her, "Shh', it's going to be okay. I'm going to help you back to your room and the doctor will be with you shortly,"

Was all that August could hear until static erupted through the phone. Tears came to his eyes when the call was disconnected. His heart was beating so rapidly that he had to pull the car over.

He hit his steering wheel in frustration. She had called him. He didn't know where she was or why it had taken her so long to reach out to him, but by the grace of God she had been spared, and he had to find her. He picked up his phone and speed-dialed Damontrez.

"Aug', I haven't heard anythin' yet but--" Damontrez started to speak, but August interrupted him.

"--She just called me, bruh'! Ariel just called me, mayne'!" August stated getting choked up.

His statement took Damontrez by surprise, "Aug', are you sure?"

"Damontrez, she called me! She called my fuckin' phone! Ion' even know whea' da' fuck she at!" he screamed urgently.

"What did you hear?" Damontrez asked.

"It was muffled, but it sounded like she was talkin' ta' a nurse," August replied.

"Check da' hospitals...every hospital in da' state if you have to," Damontrez instructed. "We gon' find her Aug', I can promise you 'dat. We won't stop until we bring her home. If anyone hears anythin', I swear you'll be da' first to know."

------

August searched high and low, visiting hospitals, spending every minute of the night looking for Ariel. He doubted that she was still in the city. He couldn't imagine her being so close for this long without word getting back to his crew.

He started in the surrounding cities. From Queens to Yonkers to the Bronx and Rochester, he drove for hours, fighting fatigue on a desperate mission to find her. He had a list of over 100 hospitals in New York.

He called some to see if they had any patients who fit Ariel's description. If there was even a possibility that a patient could be her, then August hit the interstate.

After ten hours of disappointments, he had exhausted every hospital on the list, except for the institutions on the outskirts of New York. He decided to visit Hudson Valley Hospital in Cold Spring first.

A tight knot filled his stomach as he whipped his Lexus through the city streets. He was tired, but he couldn't call it a night. He didn't have time to sleep. The thought of Ariel suffering somewhere would not allow him to stop his hunt.

He had heard the fear in her voice. Wherever she was, she was in danger and she was defenseless. Every time he closed his eyes, he imagined the terror she may be going through. Little did he know, he could not fathom what she had been forced to endure.

Her fate was unknown. Her torture was unimaginable. August pulled into the emergency room parking lot and jumped out. He walked into the hospital. Doubt and apprehension ate away at him as he approached the nurse's station.

"Can I help you, sir?" a young black girl asked without looking up from the paperwork in front of her.

"I'm lookin' fa' a gurl' who may have been treated hea'. Ha' name is Ariel Jones." August stated.

Hearing his sexy strong southern accent, the girl looked up. Her eyes scanned August from head to toe. She instantly knew he was a part of The Bowe crew. Everything about August screamed power, and his swagger made her wet instantly.

The young nurse had never had the pleasure of being this close to one of The Bowe's members. She had only heard about their prestige because their reputation rang loudly in every 'hood in New York. The infamous crew was elite and associated with money in the city of Brooklyn, but it was an exclusive club, and not everyone had access to them.

Tonight must be my lucky night, she thought as she ogled him from head to toe.

She put the tip of a pen in her mouth seductively, obviously vying for his attention. August's patience was non-existent at this point. He was immune to her flirtation.

"Look, bitch, ion' got time fa' allat' extra shit. Type in da' name 'n see if she's hea'," he said crudely without ever raising his voice.

An embarrassed expression appeared on the girl's face as she turned toward the computer.

"Ariel Jones," the girl repeated as she typed the name. She shook her head. "She wasn't treated here. There is no record of a Jones being admitted."

August massaged his jaw line and hit the desk in frustration, causing the girl to jump. His red eyes were filled with worry.

"Look, I need ta' find ha'. She's 23, about 5'2 in height, brown skinned wit' tattoos, long black hair...she has hazel-green eyes 'n a small scar on ha' collarbone. She may not be hea' under ha' name. I just need'chu ta' check ta' see if thea's anybody hea' 'dat fits ha' description. Please!" August said desperately. "It's important!"

The nurse could sense his agony and nodded her head, "Okay. You can have a seat. I'll check."

August sat down with his head in his hands. Minutes passed, but it felt like time was frozen still.

"Sir?" the nurse called to him. He rushed over to the desk. "We have a Jane Doe here. She came in a few hours ago with no ID, and no one has been here to claim her yet. You can take a look to see if it's who you're looking for," the nurse stated with sympathy.

"Thank ya', ma," August stated as he followed her to the elevator and down a long hallway. August breathed deeply.

Lord please, let 'dis be ha'! Do 'dis one favor fa' me! he said in his mind.

The nurse stopped in front of a room. "I just want to warn you, she's not in the best shape. Her face and body is slightly bruised due to physical assult,"

August wiped his nose and nodded his head to prepare himself for what he was about to see. The nurse opened the door. The room was dark, and the sound of machines beeping was all that could be heard. He stepped closer to the bed, and when the lights turned on, he gasped in shock.

"Is this her?" the nurse asked.

August was at a loss for words as he stared at his woman before him. Her face was swollen and she had multiple bruises covering her body as if she had fought for dear life in order to survive. He nodded his head as he moved closer toward the bed.

"Yeah, it's ha'." He said.

The nurse smiled in relief, "Okay, well you can sit with her for as long as you need. I'll go get the doctor so that you can have more information on her condition."

He nodded as he watched the nurse exit the room. A mixture of anger and sadness brewed inside of his chest, as he stood at the foot of the bed. August could face a thousand-man army, stare down the Feds, or take on any kingpin without batting an eye, but when it came to seeing Ariel, he couldn't handle it.

He watched over her resting peacefully. He didn't understand exactly what had occurred, but he was grateful to see her nonetheless. He looked at her stomach and wondered if his seed was still growing inside of her.

August couldn't help but to blame himself for her current state, as pain and guilt plagued his heart. He should've never left her alone, he should've been at her side at all times, especially in this dangerous lifestyle that he was living.

August knew Miami would eventually retaliate against him on behalf of Jarod's death, but never for a split second did he think that Miami would be bold enough to kidnap his woman. Rage pulsed through him, and murderous thoughts raced through his mind.

Tears slipped from his brown eyes in turmoil, as he took in her bruises. There was no letting this shit go. He refused. August wanted blood, and he was for damn sure going to make it his mission to see that Miami and everything that he loved felt his wrath. Too many people close to him was getting hurt, and August had to put a stop to it once and for all.

I'm tired of 'dis shit, mayne'. It has ta' end...It has ta' end, he thought full of sorrow.

A doctor by the name of Jackie walked into the room.

"She's strong," Doctor Jackie said.

August nodded his head, "She is," he agreed with a sarcastic scoff.

"You must be the child's father? The munchkin is still kicking as we speak. She's pretty early, so the baby is small and very fragile, but strong too. Not many pregnancies survive the kind of stress and trauma her body has went through, but your baby is a fighter." the doctor said.

August looked at her as if she were speaking French. He looked back at Ariel and then to the doctor, "She's still pregnant?"

"Yes, she is. But you should know that her bruises are due to physical assult, and that did slightly cause a few complications to the baby. However it wasn't too serious, but we did have to sedate her. That's why she's so exhausted. She's probably on Mars right now as we speak, but she'll wake up when she's good and rested. Like I said before, she's strong. She was so worried about the baby, that she cussed me and the other doctors out every step of the way, until we got her under control with the sedatives." Doctor Jackie said.

August leaned over and kissed Ariel's forehead then whispered in her ear, "I love ya', ma. 'N I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

He had no idea what kind of physical trauma she had gone through, and he only hoped that the damage she had suffered could be repaired mentally. He felt an overwhelming responsibility to nurse Ariel back to health, to restore her to the beautiful, unscathed young woman she used to be.

The love he had for her extended that of girlfriend/boyfriend. He felt obligated to her just as much as he was to himself. It was as if they were one and just by looking into her eyes, he had absorbed all of her pain; he shared it with her and knew that he had to help her heal. Finding her had only been half the battle. The other half was yet to come.

--------------

Copyright © 2019 by Ariel O. Jones

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof

may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever

without the express written permission of the publisher

except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Printed in the United States of America

First Printing, 2019

**************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 2.8K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...
456K 21K 37
After a shocking turn of events and revelations, twin sisters Cilia and Iris Hunter are now at odds. The wildness of Cilia and Allele's attempts at g...
712K 29K 25
Ronny has always been that cold-hearted thug. You know, the player type. There's always been one thing to warm his heart; his family. And then Candac...