Glee: Back to the Top (the th...

By arias3

The time has finally arrived. The moment every McKinley student awaits from the moment they first step foot o... More

Season Six [Glee FanFic #3]
Chapter 1: Over the Summer
Chapter 2: Brand New Day
Chapter 3: Burning Bridges
Chapter 4: Assembly
Chapter 5: The Next One
Chapter 6: Captains
Chapter 7: Fantasy Mentors
Chapter 8: Nearly Famous
Chapter 9: Boyfriend Draft
Chapter 10: Date Night
Not a Chapter-- SONG LIST ^_^
Chapter 11: Punk
Chapter 12: Loaded Gun
Chapter 13: The Fall
Chapter 14: Salute
Chapter 15: Girls Also Poop
Chapter 16: Election Day
Chapter 17: It's a Boy Girl Thing
Chapter 18: Nonbinary
Chapter 19: Muse
Chapter 20: Jalie
Chapter 21: Facebook 1.0
Chapter 22: The Dark I Know Well
Chapter 23: The Dance-Off
Chapter 24: Monster Mash
Chapter 25: The Haunted House
Chapter 26: Let's Talk About Sex
Chapter 27: The Guilty Ones
Chapter 28: Spring Awakening
I'm Figuring Out How to Use Tumblr...
RP
Chapter 29: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Chapter 30: Ok
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: The Mission
Chapter 33: Sacrifice
Chapter 34: Pretty Little Liar
Chapter 35: The District Championship
Chapter 36: Party Crashers
Chapter 38: The Alumni
Chapter 39: The One Where They All Sing
Chapter 40: Always
Chapter 41: Winter Ball
Chapter 42: Ice and Snow
Chapter 43: Jealousy
Chapter 44: Stupid Girls
Chapter 45: Into the Woods
Chapter 46: Nothing Lasts Forever
Chapter 47: Face Off
Chapter 48: Good Job
Chapter 49: The Paper View
Chapter 50: Country
Chapter 51: Love Song
Chapter 52: Feels Like Love
Chapter 53: Disney 3.0
Chapter 54: Surprised
Chapter 55: Spring Musical
Chapter 56: Goodbye Bree
Chapter 57: Motown
Chapter 58: Diva's Lament
Chapter 59: Accepted
HIATUS CONTEST!
Chapter 60: On the Open Road
Chapter 61: Enemy
Chapter 62: The Bachelor
Chapter 63: Those We Don't Notice
Chapter 64: Until We Can't Ignore Them Anymore
OPEN THIS
Chapter 65: Last Chance
Chapter 66: Healing
Chapter 67: Carry On
Chapter 68: Everybody Loves Prom
Chapter 69: A Night to Remember
Chapter 70: Gleedo
Chapter 71: Santana's Crazy and You Know It
Chapter 72: Pressure
Chapter 73: Houston, Do We Have a Problem?
Chapter 74: World of Chances
Awards

Chapter 37: Game Night

2.2K 59 33
By arias3

"So is it true?" Carrie asked as she and Julie sat on the floor with Shana and Jordan behind them straightening their hair.

"Is what true?" Julie asked. 

"Bree's at rehab?" Carrie asked softly. "I'm not goint to torment her about it ok? She and I were really good friends before she joined your stupid glee club and it's sad that she went down that path."

"She's strong," Julie responded.

"She'll get through it," Shana added with a confident smile.

"Alright bitches," said Kitty as she and Peyton walked into the room carrying plates with pizza on them. "Time to carbo-load."

"This is going to be so bad for my pores," Carrie said with a terrified look on her face.

"You wanted to join in," Kitty told her. "You have to pay the cost. Now eat up."

"If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that," Shana mumbled as she reached for a slice. Carrie looked at her, repulsed, and hesitantly joined everyone else.

***

"Thanks for coming," Harmony said when her show ended and she walked out to the theatre's lobby, where she found Ryder, Marley, Amity, Alex, Will and Emma. "It means a lot to have you all here." She had been disappointed to see so many empty seats, but this was more than she had expected.

"You were amazing," Will told her.

"Truly," Emma nodded. "Spectacular performance. I didn't know you were such a fantastic actress."

"It was fun," Harmony admitted, "but I think I like my theatre a little more musical."

"Well, whatever it is," Will told her, "you will be great at it. We'd love to stick around and hang out but we left Danny with a sitter and—"

"Oh no, go ahead," Harmony waved. They said their goodbyes and left. Harmony turned to the others and sighed, "Thank you. I know you all had other places to be—"

"Not really..." Alex muttered. Amity hit him in the arm.

"It was our pleasure," she told her. "It was... great... Surprisingly great."

Marley nodded. "I really enjoyed myself," she said.

"We should go though," Alex said to Amity. "We have to pick up Unique before—"

Marley and Amity both slapped his arm this time and Harmony forced a smile as she said, "I know about the slumber party. It was all over Tumblr. I, uh...She did invite me, if you were wondering. I just haven't been to her place since before Dan and I broke up so it'll be awkward and—"

"Dan's not there," Marley said. 

"Fishing trip," Ryder nodded.

"You should come with us," Amity forced herself to say. It was the right thing to do.

"Yeah," Marley agreed, smiling warmly. "Julie wanted all of us there. With everything that happened with Bree and stuff, we should all band together, just us glee girls."

***

"Or not," Marley said when they walked into Julie's living room to find the three girls they liked least had invaded the party.

"You're here!" Shana exclaimed, hugging Amity. She dragged her to the couch with her as Unique and Marley took a seat as far away from the Cheerios as they could.

"I didn't know there'd be guys at this party," Carrie said.

The girls glared at her. "What was our deal?" Julie asked.

Carrie rolled her eyes and sighed, "Just because I'm a bitch doesn't mean I can bark and bite..."

"Good girl," Julie patronized her by tossing a cookie at her.

"So we're all here now," said Harmony with a smile. "What now?"

"Slumber party montage commence!" Kitty exclaimed, placing her ipod into the speaker box and hitting play.

[My first ever Fifth Harmony song lol. "Me and My Girls" as a montage for a totally stereotyped slumber party!]

Girls: And we play our favorite songs. And we scream out all night long. Like ooh ooh oh. When it's just me and my girls!

The girls got up and started running around, with Veronica, who was sitting at the dining room entrance, not lifting a finger as they ran behind her and scattered all around the house. Amity and Shana ran into Julie's room, flipping on Julie's lava lamp instead of the lights and jumping on the bed and taking selfies on Julie's laptop.

Amity: All the lights, turn them off. It's too loud in here to talk. I don't understand a word you say!
Shana: Gotta sleep but instead, karaoke on the bed. Taking duck face selfies right and left!

Down in the living room, Julie and Kitty were dancing around from couch to couch as Peyton flipped through the TV channels, which showed various celebrities. She leaned against the screen and kissed some of the guys as the girls twirled behind her.

Julie: We get crazy with it, we get stupid with it. We don't care if people stare. And when we wobble with it.
Kitty: We get diva on it. We get queen bee on it, yeah. We get Britney, Demi, One Direction, Bieber on it!

The girls switched places, from room to room and with a different group of girls to go crazy with every time.

Girls: And we play our favorite songs. And we scream out all night long. Like ooh ooh oh. When it's just me and my girls. And we dance like no one's watching. We crack up, booty poppin'. Like ooh ooh ooh. When it's just me and my girls! Watch me now. Me and my girls.

Marley, Amity and Unique nearly screamed when they bumped into each other in the downstairs bathroom. They faced the mirror and grabbed a pair of brushes, which they then used to pretend they were rockstars in front of the mirror.

Marley: My voice is gone, got my favorite PJ's on. Times like this don't always come along.
Unique: You're all I need, there's nowhere I'd rather be. Than to have you crazy freaks with me!

Carrie and Jordan were busy flipping through Julie's closet while Julie and Kitty played with the large collection of stuffed animals stacked in the corner of her room.

Julie: We get crazy with it, we get stupid with it. We don't care if people stare. And when we wobble with it.
Kitty: We get diva on it. We get queen bee on it yeah. We get Britney, Demi, One Direction, Bieber on it.

Harmony watched as the girls began to have a pillow fight with each other in the living room. She rubbed her arms nervously. Kitty had Julie. Amity had Shana. Marley had Unique. 

Girls: And we play our favorite songs. And we scream out all night long. Like ooh ooh ooh. When it's just me and my girls. And we dance like no one's watching. We crack up, booty poppin'. Like ooh ooh oh. When it's just me and my girls. Watch me now.

The girls put the pillows down and started dancing again. When Peyton turned and saw that Harmony was just standing there, she rushed to her and dragged her back down to join her, since Carrie and Jordan were dancing together.

Girls: Break it down. Now break it down. Now break it down. Now break it down.

Harmony smiled and followed with her as Peyton jumped on top of a couch and danced. Harmony did the same and smiled as the other girls cheered her on.

Harmony: And we play our favorite songs. And we scream out all night long. Like ooh ooh ooh. When it's just me and my girls.

The other girls followed their lead and hopped on top of the couches, the cushions scattered all over the living room floor.

Girls: And we dance like no one's watching. We crack up, booty poppin'. Like ooh ooh ooh. When it's just me and my girls! Watch me now.

When the song ended and they slumped down onto the couches and floor, Veronica walked in with a smile on her face and said, "More popcorn ladies?"

The girls, exhausted, didn't move a muscle, except for Jordan and Shana who took the liberty of reaching for the two giant bowls of popcorn Veronica had brought. They placed them on the coffee table and the girls gathered around it.

"What now?" Amity asked, feeling a rush of energy return to her.

"We can't have a party without a little game of Would You Rather?" said Kitty mischieviously. Peyton reached under the couch for an empty glass bottle of soda. She placed it on top of the table and Kitty gave it a first spin, watching it land on Unique. The girls teased and the game began.

***

"Are you sure?" Veronica said as she talked on the phone with her husband. "Tony, I'd feel much better if you—Oh no, the girls aren't giving me a hard time. Ten teenage girls, pshh. No big deal. Yes, I'm sure... Well, ok then. Make sure Dan takes his—Ok, good. Love you, too. Goodnight."

She hung up the phone and walked towards the staircase, not helping but overhearing what was happening in the living room.

"Ok, Jordan," Carrie said. "Would you rather give up cheese or give up oral sex?"

Jordan hesitated for a moment and then innocently said, "Well, I really love cheese so..." The girls chuckled, with the exception of Unique, Marley and Amity, who shot unsure glances at each other. Veronica sighed and decided she'd better take a break, heading upstairs where she could—hopefully—not hear them anymore.

"Spin it, spin it, spin it," Shana chanted as Jordan spun the bottle. After a couple of spins, it landed on Marley, who blushed and took a deep breath.

"Marley," Jordan began, thinking. "Would you rather lick salsa from a homeless person's ears or—"

"Jordan!" Carrie stopped her. "That's an awful question already!"

"Fine, then you give her one," Jordan frowned.

"I will," Carrie grinned. "Dear, innocent Marley. I'll give you something simple. Would you rather kiss Stefan Montgomery or—"

"Not simple," Shana said as she stuffed her face. "Marley has a boyfriend."

"I don't, actually," Marley said uncomfortably as she looked down at her lap.

"You and John broke up?" asked Harmony, shocked.

"Wait, you're dating John Brown?" Peyton asked, though it was more of a shout. "The cutie in a band with Ryder Lynn? Oh my gosh, I've had sex dreams about him!"

As Shana gave Peyton a high-five that indicated she had, too, Marley frowned and said, "No, we were never together. We hug and we hold hands and sometimes even kiss... But he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend and at this point I don't think he wants that."

"Of course he does," Julie told her. "Trust me."

"I say tell him what you want," Carrie said, lifting her chin up in a dignified manner. "If any guy is going to act like your boyfriend, he better become it. Tell him so and if he doesn't man up, then forget about him."

"I hate to admit it," Shana said, "but I think she's right."

Marley sighed and, not wanting to talk about it anymore, grabbed the bottle and gave it a spin. When it landed on Amity, she smiled and said, "Would you rather have to be a Cheerio or join the Wrestling team?"

"Ooh, tough one," Amity said. Carrie rolled her eyes, though Julie and Kitty laughed. "Hmm..." said Amity. "Well, my boyfriend doesn't like cheerleaders so that'd be a problem so I think I'll have to choose the wrestling team."

Unique gave her a high-five and Peyton, her brow creased, said, "Wait, isn't your boyfriend Alex Zimmerman?" Amity nodded. "Oh, he totally likes cheerleaders!" she exclaimed with a giggle. Amity wanted to ask what she meant but nobody else thought of her comment as weird, so she grabbed the bottle and gave it a spin.

"Gah!" Kitty exclaimed when it landed on her. "Ok, what do you have for me girly?"

Amity grinned and said, "Would you rather be a muggle or a squib?" Carrie banged her head on the couch.

Marley thought about it and said, "Neither of them have magic... But squibs at least come from magic... But it also sounds so mean... But—"

"Damn it, Marley, just choose already!" Kitty exclaimed, also feeling the frustration of the questions being lame.

"Squib," Marley answered. She grabbed the bottle and gave it a spin. It landed on Kitty, who begged for a good question.

"You should be able to answer this," Carrie said as she took charge. "Would you rather make out with John Brown or Jake Puckerman?"

Kitty's mouth gaped as she glanced at Julie, who looked down at her hands in discomfort. Marley also looked uncomfortable, scratching the back of her neck. She didn't want to make either of them feel weird, but it'd be weirded if she didn't answer so she said, "John. Better kisser."

Marley laughed and shrugged in agreement. "I've kissed them both also," Julie said, attempting to ease the tensions. "I think I'll stick to Jake but thanks."

The girls giggled and continued to play the game, happy to have survived that awkward moment. When everyone had gone several times, Carrie decided to change the rules a bit. "We're now going to play Marry-Bang-Kill. Cleaned up the language a bit for the Christian." Amity scowled. She had played the game only once, on her birthday, and was perfectly capable of handling it.

"I hate this game," Amity muttered as Carrie said, "So let's begin."

"Ooh, I've got one!" Shana exclaimed. "Iron Man, Captain America, Thor."

"Who would marry Iron Man?" asked Kitty. She, Carrie and Unique raised their hands.

"When you have Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans to choose from?" Julie asked incredulously. "I'd kill Iron Man!"

"He's rich," Unique told her. "Never lift a finger ever again."

"But Thor is a god," Marley pointed out. "Pretty sure that beats millionaire. Plus, he's far more attractive."

"I'd marry Captain America," Julie sighed. "He's gorgeous and I'd get to have him for the rest of my life."

"And grow old while he stays young," Amity reminded her.

"Yeah, I think I'd have to go with just a one time thing with him," Harmony scrunched up her nose.

"Ok, me next!" said Peyton. "Channing Tatum—"

"Hmm," Kitty said.

"Ryan Gosling—" Peyton went on.

"Oof," Unique said, raising up a hand.

"Zac Efron—" Peyton finished. 

"Ooh..." Julie mumbled. 

"Who are we killing off first?" Peyton asked with excitement.

"Zac Efron," said Jordan immediately.

"Are you kidding me?" Julie exclaimed furiously. "He can sing, he can act, he can act! He has great hair now. And he's buddies with Dave Franco. No, we should keep him alive."

"As a one time thing," Carrie protested. "No marriage."

"Ok, then we kill Gosling," Kitty said. "Tatum's abs must be protected at all costs."

"But Ryan's so cute," Marley complained. "And the Notebook girls... The Notebook!"

"Dear John," Kitty pointed out. Marley winced. "Haha, not that John!" Kitty exclaimed.

"Ok, we kill Tatum and feel bad about it for the rest of our lives," Amity rolled her eyes. "Next!"

"Let's give Shana some girls," Kitty teased. Shana clapped her hands excitedly and Unique glanced at the ground.

"Ok," Carrie considered this. "Katy Perry... Rihanna... Beyonce."

"Kill Rihanna," Julie and Peyton said in unison. They giggled.

"Marry Beyonce?" said Marley.

"And be insecure for the rest of your life?" Shana asked. "Umm, no. You can't live under a queen's shadow. Beyonce will be a one time thing that you will forever cherish and then Katy Perry can be your teenage dream. That's what it is. No question about it."

The girls continued to play the game, choosing from One Direction members to the Kardashians to the male judges of The Voice, until finally they decided on one last question. 

"This one's for Julie," said Carrie with a grin. "Your options are Ryder..." Julie rolled her eyes. "Stefan..." Peyton glared at her BFF. "And Alex. AKA the three hottest guys at McKinley."

"Eww, so not true," Shana said. "Stefan, Jake and Pa—"

"Not interested," Carrie lifted a finger to shut her up. "Julie, your choices please?"

Julie took a deep breath and said, "I obviously don't want to kill Ryder. And as much as I'd like to send Stefan down that path, I don't want anything with Alex."

"Why not?" Peyton giggled. Amity looked up at her, concerned about all the small comments she'd been making about Alex since they'd started.

"So I'd marry Ryder," Julie said. "Kill Alex. And do the other thing with Stefan." Kitty laughed, mocking her as she rolled her eyes.

"Ok, let's be real," said Kitty. "Stefan may be a jerk but he is sexy."

The girls all agreed at different levels and Julie rolled her eyes as she said, "He's annoyingly good-looking. Ok, are we done with this game now?"

"More games!" Shana exclaimed. 

"Truth or dare," Harmony suggested.

"Yes!" Jordan exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"I'll go get us more drinks," Julie said, getting up and walking over to the kitchen with the empty jar of iced tea. She was startled to see that Veronica was there, watching her.

"That's quite the game you girls were just playing," she told her. Julie frowned so she said, "Oh I wasn't eavesdropping honey. Just overheard on my way here. You girls planning on going to sleep any time soon?"

"I wish," Julie sighed, taking a seat as Veronica poured more tea into the jar. "They're getting a long a little too well. I appreciate the bonding between my cheer girls and my glee girls but... I'm exhausted. It was supposed to be Bree, Kitty and me tonight. And now..."

"Your father told me about Bree," Veronica nodded. "I'm really sorry but it's the best thing for her to be somewhere where she can be helped right now."

Julie didn't know what hit her, but she suddenly felt like talking about everything she'd been holding back. "I wish so badly that she was around!" she told her. "Without her, this guy she was sort of seeing will not leave me alone. And he's really, really cute but I'm with Jake and I don't like him like that. Speaking of Jake, we're so not on good terms right now and I want to forgive him but I don't think I can. And then Ryder's got this flirtationship going on with Carrie. Carrie! I mean you met her tonight, you know how she is. You know what she's done to me. I just, I can't even with that. I miss Bree and Kitty's going through a lot at home and with other stuff and I want to be there for her but it'd be easier with the third Charlie's Devil—I just came up with that—and I wish so badly that I didn't have to deal with glee stuff because my head might explode. On top of student council and the cheerios and finalizing my college apps by December 1st, I just don't know if I can do it all. Also Dan's been acting weird around me and I don't know if I offended him or something. And then there's John who means well but he's putting a lot of pressure on me to finish five songs for him by next Friday and so far I've only got two and a half and the other half I have to finish with Sam and it makes me feel weird spending alone time with him because of our history, plus with everything that's going on with Jake, I just feel like it's wrong but at the same time writing with him feels incredible right and I—"

She stopped, needing to take a breather. Veronica smiled. "Looks like you've got a plate full," Veronica said. "Tell you what. Go back to your friends and try to actually have fun this time. It might help if you stop worrying about everyone getting along and just enjoy your night with them."

Julie nodded. "There's just so much drama..." she muttered.

"Oh, trust me, I know about drama!" Veronica exclaimed. "My girlfriends back in high school revolved around it. One of them had a different boyfriend every week and the other was in love with mine. And that was just freshman year!"

Julie laughed and said, "Thanks for listening, Veronica. I know we don't talk alone much but—"

"Oh don't mention it," she responded. "I'm glad you're able to trust me... Now let me go write those things down so that I can tell your father." Julie chuckled and headed into the living room with the full pitcher. When she walked into the living room, the girls were already deeply immersed in the game.

"Ok ladies," Julie said as she joined them. "I'm ready to play."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662 13 8
"Let 'em wonder how we got this far 'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all." ~ Sophomore year. Lima, Ohio. 2009. Ileana Pillsbury, the niece tu...
39.5K 843 24
"What's up, blogosphere? Jacob Ben Israel here, back on the street with an exclusive look at McKinley's newest celebrities, the New Directions!" Emil...
55.7K 931 52
Sebastian Smythe was now apart of the New Directions along with Hunter, Nick, Jeff, and Thad. He apologized and did an embarrassing thing to get the...
454K 10.3K 53
Everyone at McKinley High knows about New Directions. When the glee club does a production of Grease, sophomore Juliet Vasquez is dragged along to se...