Bird Set Free | Natasha Roman...

By -candeilers

"Clipped wings, I was a broken thing Had a voice, had a voice but I could not sing You would wind me down I s... More

BIRD SET FREE
Prologue
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
ACT TWO
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
ACT THREE
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
ACT FOUR
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
ACT FIVE
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
ACT SIX
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Two

10.3K 418 169
By -candeilers

Aquila had been very glad that by the time she finally made it to bed on the night of her return that her floor specially designed by Tony to fit into the tower, had been left exactly as she had left it. 

It only added to the pleasing sense of familiarity that had surrounded her since her return. 

But as Saturday evening approached Aquila found herself with another dilemma. What on earth to wear.

This, of course, was coming from the girl who lived in leather jackets and combat boots, was now contemplating which dress to wear, because after all this was far from her area of expertise.

"You need some help there?" A voice asked from behind her and Aquila whipped around to see her redhead smirking at her. 

"Um. . .yeah." Aquila finally said once she had realized that she was staring.  "It's not exactly my area of expertise."

Even when she had ended up going clubbing in her younger years, she rarely ended up wearing a dress, preferring to stick her jeans and an often revealing top instead. 

"What about this one then?" Natasha asked, pulling a maroon skater dress from her cupboard, one that Aquila had long forgotten she had ever bought. 

"Yeah, sure. Let me just try it on." Aquila said, taking the dress from Natasha's hands before slipping into her bathroom. 

When she finally emerged again, the dress clinging to her body perfectly, it was Natasha's turn to stare. 

"You look hot." Natasha finally said. 

"Thank you," Aquila said calmly, even though she felt like jumping up and down inside. "So do you."

"Do you need help with anything else?" Natasha asked. 

"No, I think I've got it from here, Nat," Aquila said. "Thank you."

"No problem. I'll see you down there." Natasha said, her eyes still lingering on Aquila even as she walked away. 

Aquila finished preparing herself for the party, trying to get rid of the blush that hadn't left her cheeks since her interaction with Natasha. 

But eventually, she made it to the party that was already in full swing. 

"About time." Steve greeted her the second she stepped into the room. "I was wondering when you would show up."

"Well, you know parties aren't my favorite things in the world," Aquila replied with a shrug."

"Don't lie to me, Aquila." Steve teased. "You are far from innocent, I've heard the stories from Tony."

"Which ones?" Aquila teased, watching as the Captain in front of her turned bright red. 

"Uh. . . I don't think. . ." 

"It's alright, Cap. I'm not going to make you repeat some of my recent escapades."

"Recent?" Steve choked out. 

"I don't exactly have a boring life, Captain."

"Oh, come on." Steve eventually said recovering from the shock. "There's two people who want to see you."

Steve started to lead her over to the two people standing by the pool table, whom she recognized immendiantely. 

"You brought her?" Aquila questioned looking up at Steve teasingly at the immediate sight of the small blonde in front of them. 

"Quinn? Yeah, of course, I did. I haven't seen her in weeks. It was a perfect opportunity."

"Sure, that's all it was." Aquila muttered but Steve still picked up on what she said. 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Natasha filled me in the last few months of the constant phone calls and texts between you two. Not to mention you were missing her so much you invited her to one of Tony's parties. You are beyond whipped, Steve." Aquila teased before heading towards the two people. 

"Sam! Quinn!" Aquila shouted, clearly happy to see both of them. 

Tony and Thor stood not too far away watching the interaction between Aquila, the man, and the woman, Sam, and Quinn who had been introduced as Steve's friends. 

"She never greets any of us like that," Tony grumbled under his breath. "And we've known her longer!"

"Nice tattoo," Sam said, pointing out the eagle tattoo that stood out prominently on her bare shoulder for the entire room to see. 

"Thanks."

"You guys wanna play?" Sam asked, pointing to the pool table.

"I'm happy to watch."

After watching both of them get their asses kicked and Aquila laughing at them, maybe one too many times. A bout of confidence suddenly washed over, as her eyes scanned the room for a certain redhead.  

Eventually finding her over at the bar, she quickly made her excuses to Sam, Quinn, and Steve who had protested her leaving until they realized exactly where she was going and what she was going to do. 

Aquila briskly walked across the room towards the bar only to end up bumping into someone. 

Aquila's eyes widened as she saw the girl in front of her, recognizing her immediately. 

"Kayla?"

"Actually, my name is Keira Ross. Fury sent me undercover so I could check in on you." The girl who introduced herself as Keira instead of Kayla spoke. 

"Did he really?" Aquila scoffed in return. "I'm so going to strangle him the next time I see him. I can look after myself." Aquila continued, letting out a small chuckle with Keira quickly followed with. 

"Well, despite it being a weird situation, I'm glad I got to meet you properly," Keira said. 

"Yeah, definitely." Aquila agreed before pulling Keira into a hug. 

"Hands off, Cadman. Go find yourself your own girlfriend, Keira is mine." Tony shouted across the room, drawing plenty of attention to the two girls. 

Aquila's eyes widened as she hadn't known that Tony was capable of such a commitment but she quickly continued her way towards the bar where Natasha was, Keira currently conversing with Steve. 

"So how'd a nice girl like you end up in a dump like this?" Aquila asked flirtatiously, confidence truly was an extremely good thing. 

"A gal done me wrong," Natasha responded just as flirtatiously, pouring Aquila a drink as both of them continued their staring game from before. 

"You've got a lousy taste in women, kid."

"She's not so bad," Natasha said. "She can be a bit flighty at times. But deep down, she's as chirpy as they come. Fact is, she's not like anybody I've ever known."

Aquila's heart continued to beat faster until she felt like it was almost going to beat out of her chest. She couldn't help but grin at the bird jokes that Natasha had so smoothly worked into her words. Aquila was far from stupid, in fact, it was rather obvious that Natasha was talking about her. 

"All my friends are fighters, but this girl comes in, wanting to avoid the fight because she knows it will break people apart even more."

"She sounds like a total babe," Aquila responded, her confidence slowing coming back to her. 

"She's also a huge dork." 

Aquila snorted, dropping her head down in embarrassment, a small smile gracing her lips. 

"Chick's dig that," Natasha reassured her, leaning forward. "So what do you think should I fight this, or run with it?"

In Aquila's case who hadn't really been in any real relationship before ended up tripping up on her words. 

"Run with it, right? Or, did she. . . was she . . .? What did she do that was so wrong to you?"

"Not a damn thing. But never say never." Natasha said, giving Aquila, a final flirtatious and sultry smile walked off, as Aquila's eyes trailed after her, as she found herself hopeless to try and stop them. 

"It's nice," Steve said, walking up to where Aquila still sat at the bar. 

"What is?" Aquila asked finally pulling her eyes away from Natasha's retreating figure and back to Steve. 

"You and Romanoff."

"That was a little bit of some harmless flirting." 

"You and I both know that wasn't just flirting," Steve said. "Besides, I've seen her flirt. Up close. This ain't that. With you, she definitely seems more relaxed, more comfortable in every situation that has you in it too."

"No. . .uh. . um . ." Aquila said, stumbling over the few words she managed to get out. 

"It's okay," Steve said, chuckling at her reaction. "No one is breaking any rules. I've had to deal with the tension between you two for far too long, go for it. You both deserve a win." Steve said before walking off. 

"Hang on. . .what do you mean, up close?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.1K 68
„ 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟 " ⎯ In which your pasts and present haunts you and can never let go of it or ...
58.8K 1.1K 16
Olivia Stark did not expect or want to fall for the Mad Titan but you can't choose who you love ! {Infinity War~Endgame} {Thanos X fem!OC} {completed}
4.1K 239 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
417K 13.1K 30
❝these were the women who knitted pain into glory❞ [COMPLETED] [marvel cinematic universe] [alternate universe] [natasha romanoff] [SO MANY WORDING E...