Sparrow's Love

By ErinLindsay902

Maria Swann thought she had her life all planned. Her Father's second favorite in line to marry the second in... More

Introduction
Maria Swann
Prologue: Eight Years Earlier
Chapter 1: A Necklace and A Ring
Chapter 2: Saving A life
Chapter 3: Escape
Chapter 4: Swordfight
Chapter 5: Prison
Chapter 6: A Shocking Nightmare
Chapter 7: Prison Break
Chapter 8: Commandeer A Ship
Chapter 9: Another Nightmare
Chapter 10: Tortuga
Chapter 11: Family Tree
Chapter 12: Putting A Crew Together
Chapter 13: Jack's Past
Chapter 14: Rescuing Elizabeth
Chapter 15: The Medallion
Chapter 16: The Battle
Chapter 18: On The Island
Chapter 19: Engaged
Chapter 20: Father
Chapter 21: I Love You Captain Jack Sparrow
Chapter 22: Governor Swann's Loving Words
Chapter 23: Saving Jack
Chapter 24: The Dream
Sequel

Chapter 17: Revealing The Truth

2.4K 66 2
By ErinLindsay902

"Don't do anything stupid," Jack whispers to me.

"If any of you so much as thinks the word 'parlay,' I'll have your guts for garters," a bald pirate shouts at us and then the Interceptor explodes.

"Will!" Elizabeth screams.

I managed to break out of the hold and lunge at Barbossa while smacking him.

"You've got to stop it! Let us go!" I scream.

"Welcome Miss, I hope you don't mind. Women are only here for one reason on this ship and being dressed as you are, it seems only fair that you give us a few favors," Barbossa says then pushes me into his crew. Their hands grab at me and try pulling me below deck.

"NOOO!" I scream remembering what Beckett did to me. My own father would do this. I suppose he thinks Elizabeth is his daughter, but no woman should ever be treated like this. I was about to go under when the unthinkable happens.

"Barbossa!" Will shouts as he jumps onto the deck.

The crew stop trying to pull me below deck and I look around and see Anamaria knocked out and Jack with a knife at his throat and a black eye forming. Gibbs is the same. They probably tried helping me, but only got a beating themselves.

"Will!" Elizabeth says and tries running at him, but Barbossa pulls her into his chest. She looked disgusted.

"They go free!" Will shouts while motioning to me and Elizabeth and points his pistol at Barbossa. Will knows that I'm his daughter, so why hasn't he told him? It would save Elizabeth.

"What's in your head, boy?" Barbossa asks Will while pulling Elizabeth behind him, out of the way of the shot.

"They go free!" He shouts again.

"You've only got one shot, and we can't die," Barbossa says with a laugh.

"Don't do anything stupid," I hear Jack mutter the same thing he said to me at Will.

"You can't. I can," Will says and then points his pistol under his chin.

"Like that," Jack mutters and looks at me and mouths 'Are you okay?' I nod in reply and turn back to the conversation that Will and Barbossa are having.

"Who are you?" Barbossa asks curiously. I look at Jack in alarm and he nods in understanding at what I mean.

"No one. He's no one. A distant cousin of my aunt's nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice, though. Eunuch," Jack says while moving the blade from his neck and walks towards Barbossa. Will just ignores my silent pleas and Jack's attempt to save his life by telling Barbossa anyway.

"My name is Will Turner. My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins."

"He's the spitting image of old Bootstrap Bill come back to haunt us," the pirate with the wooden eye agrees.

"On my word, do as I say, or I'll pull this trigger and be lost to Davy Jones' locker," Will says still with his pistol under his chin.

"Name your terms, Mr. Turner," Barbossa says.

"Elizabeth and Maria go free," Will says. But I'm telling you that he won't let Elizabeth go. Not while he thinks that she's me.

"Yes, we know that one. Anything else?" Barbossa asks.

I see that Jack points at himself.

"And the crew. The crew are not to be harmed," Will says.

"Agreed," Barbossa says and then pushes me, Elizabeth, and Jack into the mast with the others.

We all stand and watch while the crew start sailing. Once we stop, I can see a small island. There's nothing there but palm trees and a beach.

Barbossa walks up to Elizabeth with a bucket of water. He throws it over her head making her gasp and I quickly move out of the way of the water.

"I knew you weren't her. Tell me where the real Maria is or I'll slit Elizabeth's little throat," Barbossa threatens Elizabeth still thinking that Elizabeth was my name. Elizabeth struggles to come up with an answer, so I do.

"She died. One of your cannonballs hit her straight on and you didn't do a thing to stop it. You are heartless! Going around killing innocent people for your own benefit. Maybe if you had asked, we would have given you the medallion and Will would have volunteered to donate his blood. But NO! You go and kidnap her. She has nothing to do with this or your daughter. She would have been disgusted with the way you treated people, and the way you treat women. We're not here for your pleasure! We're here because we deserve a life. But you on the other hand, don't!" I shout. I close my eyes tightly and expect a smack, but no pain came. I open my eyes to see Barbossa standing with tears in his.

"I killed her?" Barbossa asks timidly. I couldn't continue, so Jack does. As he tells him about the made-up girl dying because of a cannonball and her body being lost at sea. You can see the heartbreak in Barbossa's eyes. "Walk the plank!" He suddenly shouts and grabs Elizabeth and puts her on the plank.

Jack grabs my hand as I now realize that I'm crying.

"Go on, poppet, go! Walk the plank!" The bald pirate says as Elizabeth is on the plank with swords pointed at her.

"Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore they'd go free!" Will shouts as he's strapped down to the main mast.

The pirates untie me and Jack and pulls us forward. I shoot Will a reassuring smile, but he just looks lost and helpless. I wish I could go to him, but I can't as I'm to walk the plank next.

"Don't dare impugn me honor, boy. I agreed they'd go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where," Barbossa says while Will is being gagged. "Though does seem a shame to lose something so fine, don't it lads?" He says to his crew as they laugh.

"Aye," they all agree.

"So, I'll be having that dress back before you go," Barbossa says with his hand stretched out to Elizabeth. The dress she was wearing was disgusting, so I wonder why he wanted it back. That dress is so ugly, it deserves to be set on fire.

"Goes with your black heart," Elizabeth says coldly while throwing it at him.

"Ooh, it's still warm," Barbossa says and the pirates all laugh.

"Off you go! Come on!" The bald pirate shouts, wanting Elizabeth to jump in.

"Too long!" The scary looking black pirate shouts as he moves the plank which causes Elizabeth to fall in.

"Look, Barbossa. You really don't want to let Elizabeth here fall into the sea. Believe me, you'll regret it," Jack says trying to bargain for my life instead of his own this time. As I prepare myself to be pulled up next, Barbossa stops my pirate guard and replaces my spot with Jack. "I'd really rather hoped we were past all this," Jack says and I managed to give him a reassuring smile. Jack smiles back and mouths 'nothing stupid,' reminding me not to give away my true identity.

"Jack... Jack. Did you not notice? That be the same island we made you governor of on our last trip," Barbossa says pointing out the island to Jack.

"I did notice."

"Perhaps you'll be able to conjure up another miraculous escape. But I doubt it. Off you go." Barbossa pulls out his sword and puts it on Jack's neck.

"Last time, you left me a pistol with one shot," Jack reminds Barbossa.

"By the powers, you're right. Where be Jack's pistol? Bring it forward." Barbossa then gets Jack's pistol but doesn't give it to Jack just yet.

"Seeing as there's three of us, a gentleman would give us three pistols," Jack says trying to bargain with Barbossa.

"It'll be one pistol as before, and you can be the gentleman and shoot one of the ladies and you could always drown the other and starve to death yourself," Barbossa says then throws his pistol into the sea and Jack smiles at me before jumping in after it.

Barbossa waits before Jack has reached the island before starting with me.

"Well, Missy. You tell me why I be regretting my decision?" Barbossa asks.

I turn to him with a smirk before jumping up onto the plank. I move to the edge and do something that will probably haunt him for the rest of his life. I pull back my sleeve and unwrap my necklace from around my arm and then clip it around my neck. I turn around and see the shock in his eyes as he looks at the necklace and finally recognizes me for who I am.

"Maria," he says quietly in a shocked voice.

I smirk at him and fall backwards off the plank. I hear him cry my name before I hit the water. I then feel the familiar tingles surrounding me once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 133 11
Elizabeth Swann is the governor's daughter in love with a blacksmith and best friends with the former commodore's daughter. She leads a normal life t...
6.1K 117 17
In the past 8 months that Jack Sparrow had left, Anna-Marie had not been herself. She cared far too much for him, and she felt as though she could no...
10.6K 293 12
The former Captain of the Black Pearl finds himself to be without a ship after being viciously mutinied upon and ends up in port royal to acquire a v...
26.2K 572 19
Second in the Sparrow's Love series. ------------------------------------------------------- Maria Barbossa is back. She's out to find her true love...