We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

Від After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... Більше

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy

4.2K 58 144
Від After_Hours_Writer

Professor (Doctor) Oobleck's Classroom...
Beacon Academy...
3rd Person POV

Half of the first year students of Beacon Academy sat together alongside large, curved benches in the classroom of professor Oobleck: A veteran Huntsman native to Vale and a Ph.D. scholar in history. Teaching his lesson on the history and significance of the Faunus people on Remnant through a hyperactive lecture, he scanned the room around him to find many of his students paying attention... with an exception to one.

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie...

Oobleck: Really, Mr. Arc? In the middle of such an important lecture?

Oobleck: Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

Oobleck: At least the others are taking this seriously...

He noticed the Tenno writing frantically on his notepad.

Oobleck: Especially Mr. Nagare. With his situation being known only to Oz and a few faculty members, it makes me ever the more curious as to the notes he has taken.

Zooming past his desk to take a sip of coffee and back to his spot in front of it, professor Oobleck continued thinking to himself.

Oobleck: What kind of knowledge is hidden in that boy's mind?

Ryoma: How is he able to go that fast without a Warframe? Is that his semblance, or an addiction to whatever he's drinking?

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Around the Tenno, a few hands were raised, including the rabbit faunus  (or bunbun) know to many as Velvet.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?

Seeing Weiss' hand raised, Oobleck called on her.

Oobleck: Yes, Miss Schnee?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Correct!

Sitting beside her, the Tenno scratched his head in confusion, causing her to look back at him and ask as the professor continued on.

Weiss: What?

Ryoma: Fort Castle?

Weiss: It was the answer to our assignment from yesterday.

Ryoma: Was it?

Weiss: .... You're lucky I even bothered to help you last night.

Ryoma: Again, thank you for that.

Weiss: (-_-)

Across the room from them, Cardin had rolled up a large wad of paper into a ball and tossed it at the sleeping Jaune, causing him to call out to everyone as he abruptly awoken from his nap.

Jaune: Hey!

In response, professor Oobleck bolted towards the young boy, scarring him as he continued on.

Oobleck: Mr. Arc!

Jaune: Ah!

Oobleck: Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus...had over that guy's stuff...

Unbeknownst to Jaune, Pyrrha sat across the room from him, near Ryoma and Weiss, and made several attempts to help him out. Everything aside from speaking a word.

Jaune: Uhh...

Finally catching a glimpse of Pyrrha's gestures, Jaune incorrectly guessed.

Jaune: Binoculars!

A second of silence followed before innate bursts of laughter. Pyrrha herself placing a hand on her head in disbelief.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Ryoma: By that statement alone, it's given that you're not the most open-minded of individuals, Mr. Winchester.

Cardin: And? You have a problem with that?

Ryoma: A storybook villain, this one seems to be.

Pyrrha: We have the answer.

Ryoma: Wait, what answer?

Pyrrha: It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Ryoma: Oh.

Cardin: Grr...

Ryoma: I knew that.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.

She turned her head towards Cardin.

Blake: Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

As Cardin begin to stand from his seat in anger, the professor zoomed beside him, stopping him dead in his tracks.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat.

Cardin: Tsch!

Hearing Jaune giggle a bit at Cardin's torment, professor Oobleck called then both out.

Oobleck: You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings.

Jaune: Awwww....

Oobleck: Now! Moving on!

Later That Night...
Beacon Academy Dorm Rooftops...
3rd Person POV

Jaune: Leave me alone. Okay?

Pyrrha: ...If that's what you think is best...

Later that night, while many students of Beacon Academy resided in their dorm rooms, Jaune Arc and Pyrrha Nikos conversed about the former's condition. In the end, the conversation had led them towards an argument with one another, and a revelation. Bowing her head down in regret, Pyrrha began to leave him be, as he had asked.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry, Jaune.

As she left, the young boy sat on the edge of the rooftop, staring upwards into the night sky. A broken moon residing over a broken child.

Jaune: Why can't anything go right?

Looking back down at the world beneath him, through the windows of team RWBY's dorm, he watched as most of them lied into their beds, with the exception of Weiss and Ryoma.

Jaune: First, it was my horrendous first impression, and the initial rejection...

The two, using identical textbooks, studied alongside one another.

Jaune: Now it's Cardin's constant harassment... And my stupid mouth blurted out the truth to Pyrrha.

Watching Weiss lightly nudge Ryoma's side with the textbook, then giggling at one another, Jaune shook his head with shame.

Jaune: And this!?

Seeing her smile, Jaune looked away from the window.

Jaune: The love of my life, flirting with a man who's-an alien who's....!? Oh, what am I kidding?

He looked down at the ground below him.

Jaune: Maybe I am that depressed....

Cardin: Oh, Jaune...

Hearing a familiar voice behind him, Jaune jumped a little bit as he stood up and away from the edge, seeing Cardin on the rooftop with him.

Jaune: Cardin!

Cardin: I couldn't help but overhear you two from my dorm room. So, you snuck into Beacon, huh? I gotta say, Jaune, I never expected you to be such a rebel!

Jaune: Please, Cardin, please, don't tell anyone!

Cardin: Jaune, come on. I'd never rat on a friend like that!

Jaune: A... a friend?

Cardin: Of course!

He began to playfully wrap his arms around Jaune's neck in a headlock, scratching his head with his knuckles.

Cardin: We're friends now, Jauney boy!

Noticing the view from team RWBY's dorm, Cardin began smirking gleefully.

Cardin: His crush... even better.

Cardin: And the way I see it, as long as you're there for me when I need you, we'll be friends for a long time.

Finally letting go of Jaune, Cardin pointed out the obvious.

Cardin: I'll even help you take care of a certain someone getting in the way of your girl.

Jaune: Huh?

Looking back at the window, Jaune gave Cardin a nervous smile as he continued.

Jaune: Yeah, I mean... t-that'd be great and all, b-.

Cardin: Cause that's what friends do, right?

Patting Jaune on the back, Cardin chuckled about the situation. The former following suit, though nervously.

Jaune: Y-Yeah. Sure...

Cardin: Don't worry, Jaune. Your secret is safe with me.

Turning around to leave Jaune to himself, Cardin began to walk away, but not before asking for a favor.

Cardin: Oh, that reminds me. I really don't have time to do those extra readings Dr. Oobleck gave us today. Think you could take care of that for me, buddy?

Nodding in response out of fear of harassment, Jaune smiled nervously.

Jaune: Uhh huh...

Cardin: Awesome.

Upon being left to be, Jaune's smile faded instantly, turning into dismay at his own dilemma.

Jaune: Oh.... What have I gotten myself into?

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

7.7K 104 64
(Sequel From Im Not Your Brother...I Am A Marine) 1989: US Fleet conducted Operation with Highly Advanced Submarine in The Mariana Trench. Crystals a...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
7.6K 121 15
It has been 10 years since the discovery of the Arc Reactor deep inside Remnant... and cause the Energy Storm tragedy. A cyber world was make by it b...
6.5K 130 21
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...