Skinny Dipping At Dusk

By PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... More

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
A Disaster Double Date.
Disappointment
The Ex
A Present From Landon?
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
Breaking And Entering
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

A Well Needed Rescue

110K 3.6K 763
By PeytonNovak

May be some mistakes, so I'm sorry. Please vote, I would really love for this story to become popular. It would mean alot if each of you could. OH, and I love all my fans, so thanks for reading! :D

Another thing....so, I love writing love triangle stories, but  in the end it always means that some reader won't like who she is with, so I'm just letting you all know it could be ANY of them, and I'm not gonna all of the sudden have her into some random kangaroo, if ya know what I mean. I won't throw you off too much...

I looked down at him and studied the worried expression on his face. “Just hold on, I think I can pull myself up!”

“No!” he shouted. “Let me go get someone to help!”

Not listening to a word he said, I started to pull. My leg moved about an inch before a sharp piece of wood broke through the surface of my skin. Giving out a little yelp of pain, I immediately stopped moving. Note to self, listen to Gavin.

“Okay, I’ll just stay here,” I called out to no one in particular. Gavin was off getting someone’s help, and I was alone in the woods.

Sighing, I looked down at the part of my leg I could see. A little trial of scarlet red blood was dripping down towards my foot. Clenching my teeth in pain, I tried to think of anything else. What was I thinking coming up here without a harness? Julie would probably kill me when she found out, maybe even send me home. And, although I missed Nathan and my parents, I liked it here with Gavin…and Owen, and maybe even Landon.

“I’m here!” a familiar voice shouted up.

Startled from the unexpected presence, I looked down to see Gavin standing by himself, a few feet away Owen quickly pulled on a harness. He climbed the ladder fast and attached the harness to the safety rope before venturing out onto the plank walk.

Owen easily balanced over the slim piece of wood before grabbing the first monkey bar and swinging across. In a matter of minutes, he was by my side, keeping as much weight as possible off the wood platform next to me.

“Did you try pulling your leg out?” he asked right away, studding the piece of wood it was trapped between.

Gritting my teeth together I sighed. “Does it look like it?”

Owen ignored my harsh tone and looked down at the trail of blood inching towards my foot. His eyes grew in worry as he tried to get a better look. I studied Owen as he thought things threw carefully. He was the kind of guy to keep calm in this sort of a situation. Gavin on the other hand was going crazy jumping up and down and calling me name.

“Gavin will you shut up!” I shouted down.

Suddenly the wood creaked under me, warning that it couldn’t hold me up much longer. “Don’t move!” Owen warned looking at me with concern.

“Gavin, go get Landon and tell him to use the key I gave him last week to open the shed and grab the small saw out!” he called down a second later to Gavin.

Without protest, my cute new friend sprinted off towards the camp grounds. Sighing, I looked back to Owen.

“I know, I’m stupid,” I admitted as he shot me a little glare.

“What were you thinking coming up here without a harness? You’re puting yourself at danger, and the camp. If you were to fall and hurt yourself, we could get shut down!” he scolded immediately.

Rolling my eyes, I tried not to think about the constant pain in my leg. “Well thanks for worrying about me,” I mumbled.

Owen sighed. “Mia, you know I would never want you to get hurt. You just have to use your head sometimes.”

He was right. I am dumb. Over the past two years I had broken my arm once, my hand once, and sprained my ankle twice. I was just an accident waiting to happen. And anyway, who climbs an obstacle course more than thirty feet in the air without a harness?

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine,” I lied right away, squeezing my eyes shut from the pain that was coursing through my leg.

I opened my eyes to see Owen’s eyes still on me. “You’re lying,” he pointed out easily.

Before I could get the chance to say anything else, Landon’s familiar voice echoed off the trees. “I’m here, hold on!” he shouted up.

I looked down to see him climb up the ladder without a harness. Owen was in the middle of scolding him as he ran across the plank, mini saw in hand. Once he got across, he held the mini saw in his mouth and took a daring leap out to the monkey bars. Both of his hands gripped the metal polls and he pulled himself across easily.

“Hand me the saw,” Owen demanded once he was to the closest platform.  

Landon stubbornly handed over the dangerous tool. “Well if you saw through the wood, who’s going to help her get up?”

Owen thought about it for a second before sighing. “Fine, you saw, I’ll hold her.”

The sexy cook pulled himself up and moved to the other side of me. “But be careful, the wood must not be too stable,” he warned.

Landon took a cautious step out to the first platform. Balancing himself, he leaned down and brought the saw to the wood. Taking in a deep breath, he began to move back and forth. Immediately I felt Owen grip under my arms to hold me up when the wood finally gave.

I watched closely as the wood parted for the saw, Landon working carefully making sure not to cut too hard and hit my leg. “Are you sure you can hold me up?” I asked Owen nervously as the wood started to creek again.

“Yeah man, she must be heavy if she broke the wood. What are you feeding her?” Landon asked sarcastically.

My cheeks blazed red as I glared at him. “This is not time to joke around!”

Owen agreed by shooting him a quick glare before concentrating on me. The wood moaned and creaked as Landon’s saw got closer and closer. Soon I was even holding my breath, waiting for the moment the wood would break and Owen would catch me.

It seemed like ages before that moment passed, but when it did my heart almost leapt out of my chest. Landon was almost out of wood when my weight was just too much to hold, everything happened so fast. The ropes parted as the wood tumbled to the ground, and I squeezed my eyes shut as Owen held my body tight against his.

“Bring us down!” Owen shouted to Gavin as I clutched to the sexy cook, his arms warped protectively around me.

Slowly Owen and I started to descend, and soon enough me feet were brushing the ground. Letting go of my rescuer, I made the mistake of putting my weight onto me bad leg.

“Ouch,” I hissed hopping into one foot.

“Here let me help!” Gavin rushed to my side and picked me up bridal style.

Owen unstrapped the belts on his harness and let it fall to the ground. He immediately grabbed my leg and examined the cut from the wood. “There may be some splinters in there, you should come back to my cabin and let me take a look.”

“Okay,” I agreed. “Uh, Gavin you can set me down, I think I can manage to walk.”

“No can do Fray,” he told me, following Owen back up the trail towards the cabins.

Before I could get the chance to protest, Landon’s voice filled the air. “Hey wait up, I’m the one who saved her I should get to carry her back!”

Gavin huffed. “No, I get to carry her, she’s my friend!”

“She’s my friend too!”

“I didn’t know you had friends Landon!”

“Shut up both of you!” I interrupted their little fight.

Gavin immediately quieted down and Landon shot me a glare. The rest of the way back was silent, Gavin didn’t seem to have any trouble carrying me, but I still felt like I was a heavy load for him. Landon huffed and puffed, showing his irritation but I ignored him completely. I would just thank him later for “saving me”.

Finally, we neared Owen’s cabin, and of course that very second Julie had to come strolling around the corner. One look at me and she went nuts.

“Oh dear lord Mia, what happened? Are you okay? Please tell me it’s nothing too bad?”

Owen cleared his throat and Julie stopped to look at him. Oh great, here it comes. Once Owen tells her what really happened, well then all hell breaks loose. “She fell, clumsy thing right? I have a first aid kit in my room, I can fix her up,” he finally said.

I looked at him in awe, wondering why he would lie for me. I mean, I didn’t mind, but still, why? Julie nodded her head and looked back to me. “Do you need anything? Are you sure you’re okay?”

I gave her a forced smile. “Yes, I’ll be alright.”

She reached over and gave my shoulder a little reassuring squeeze before side stepping us and walking down the pathway. Once she was out of hearing range, I looked up at Owen.

“Why’d you say that?”

He ignored my question and motioned for Gavin to follow him. Once we were up the steps of Owen’s cabin, I wrestled my way out of Gavin’s arms. “I’m fine, it’s not a broken leg or anything,” I told him walking as lightly as possible until I was next to the cooks bed.

Owen’s cabin was just like mine, except he had brought a portable air conditioner. Smart guy. Sighing, I sat down on his bed and watched as he pulled the first aid kit out from his duffle bag.

“You two can go now, I need some privacy with Mia,” he told Gavin and Landon who were awkwardly standing in the doorway.

They looked like they were about to protest. “Thanks both of you, I’ll see you soon I hope.”

They both gave me halfhearted smiles before turning around and heading out the door. And then I was alone with the cook.

Hey, sorry if this is just a tiny bit shorter than usual, but hey at least I’m uploading! Anyway… hope you enjoyed. So, Now that I see who you all like……….

Oh wait, why would I tell you? You’ll just have to keep reading to find out!

MWAAAHAHAHA:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 4.2K 28
#20 in Wattys2016Fanfiction Selena Miller goes to a camp for Summer Break called Camp Rock. Her friend Mitchell is there, and Selena keeps Mitchy's s...
46K 2.1K 86
Mia is a ordinary 21 year old girl who still lives at home with her mum and dad. Her best friend (Victoria) who lived next door has moved and now Mia...
486 10 14
"She left me and my dad last year, and all she left behind were two very broken hearts and a letter saying 'I love you both. I'm so sorry.' I still d...
557 23 21
Summer days spent together at the local park, seven years old and their whole lives ahead of them, connected by friendship... Nothing could have pred...