Homeroom

Oleh jamietastic

❝Charlie said I was lucky to be in Homeroom 220 because the teacher was easy-going, but I had other reasons t... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note: Please Read
1: The Last First Day
2: Charlie
3: Not You Again
4: I Wear Knee-Pads Not Cleats
5: Comebacks
6: Pencils Aren't Drumsticks
7: Tongue-Tied
8: Take A Chill Pill
9: New Car Smell
10: Hot Sauce
11: Bad Pick-Up Lines
12: Battle Lines
13: Jingle Bells
14: Party
15: The Thumb and Pointer Finger
17: October
18: Drummer Boy
19: Caught in the Headlights
20: Fiiiine
21: Risks and Rewards
22: Spilled Secrets
23: Life of the Party
24: Oh No
IM BAAAACK
25: Game on
26: Boo
27: Surprise
28: Hot Chocolate
29: Pulpo
30: Band Practice
31: This Means War
32: Music to my Ears
33: Sunday Funday
34: Prank #1
35: Blow Horn
36: Wednesday
37: Prank Call
38: Shay's Fam
39: Doritos
40: Christmas Eve
41: Mini Concert & More
42: New Year, New Attitude
43: Midnight
44: Homeroom
45: Bowling
46: Promo Crusade
47: Janitor's Closet
48: Diner Duos
49: Drama Mama
50: Moonlight
51: With Peace Comes Pranks
52: Happy Days
53: Dance Party
54: Promote Squad
55: Cheerleader
56: Battle of the Bands (Part 1)
57: Battle of the Bands (Part 2)
58: Finale
59: Pizza
60: Getting back to normal
61: Dress Shopping
62: Hey, Hey, Hey
63: Prom
64: The End of High School
65: Performance Time
66: Summertime Fun
67: I'll See Your Face Again
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Author's Note
The Future of jamietastic on Wattpad
An Update You Have All Been Waiting For

16: Raspberry Milkshake

12.7K 507 381
Oleh jamietastic

[A/N] Song for the chapter is Chandelier by Sia because THIS SONG IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT.  Anyways, here's the much awaited update:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Aaron pulls away way sooner than I would've liked him to.

"Alright, next!" Zander yells before I even have time to process what the heck just happened.

Aaron clears his throat awkwardly and gets up off the ground. "It's pretty late, I'm going to head out."

"Yeah, me too," I blurt out. I glance up at Aaron, and luckily, he seems pretty pleased with my choice to leave, too. At least, that's what I gathered from the reassuring smile painted on his lips.

Zander suspiciously looks between the two of us before dismissing us with a wave and a cocky smile. I respond to their kindness by returning a modest wave in the group's general direction.

I follow Aaron up the small flight of stairs, entering at the same hallway that leads to living room as before. The stereo is blasting Nirvana, and the crowd is so massive that I end up almost losing sight of him at one point. Once I spot Aaron again, I push through mass of people and reach to wrap my hand around his forearm. He doesn't seem bothered by the action at all, and instead, pushes my hand further down so our fingers are intertwined. 

My heartbeat fastens at the gesture.

The cool, autumn air engulfs me the second I walk onto the porch. Goosebumps appear on my skin when a breeze rustles my hair. We walk down the street, hand-in-hand, as a gust of wind hits me. It sends a wave of shivers rippling throughout my body as my hair flings in my face. September is unusually cool this year.

We continue to walk down the block and down the next one, too. Right in front of a stop sign, I spot Aaron's Audi parked against the curb. He shoves his hand into his pocket and fishes out his keys, pressing the unlock button. The headlights glow in response, and I round his car to hop into the passenger seat.

"You okay with going out to eat? I'm in the mood for a milkshake," he says, shoving the key into the ignition and starting the vehicle up.

I fasten my seat belt. "Yeah, let's do that," I agree. One single thought is running on a continuous track inside my brain as he drives us to our destination.

I kissed Aaron.

I kissed Aaron.

I kissed Aaron.

I don't even know where to go from here because I know that kiss was way more than a little peck for show. So then what was that?

I watch the rich-looking suburban scenery morph into woods and don't even bother to process what I'm looking at. Instead, my fingers trail along my bottom lip as I think about what just happened.

I have to admit, he is a really good kisser.

"Hey, we're here, Squirt," Aaron says, breaking up my thoughts.

I laugh, quickly taking in the town that suddenly appears around me. "Squirt? I thought my nickname was Iron Fist."

He crookedly smiles, giggling a bit. "I don't know, I had to get your attention somehow. It looks like you're falling asleep with your eyes open over there."

I shake my head at him, playfully rolling my eyes. He is really clueless. Geez, the kid just kissed me for crying out loud, and he thinks I'm falling asleep? More like the complete opposite.

I unlock the door and step onto the blacktop. I slam the door shut, falling in-step with Aaron as we make our way to the front doors of Route 60 Diner.

"How did you even know this place exists if you just moved here?" I ask as he opens the glass door for me.

This diner isn't in the hub of the city, nor is it a very popular for young kids to hang out at. Most of the time, old people come here to eat breakfast, and families come to eat a nice steak for dinner.

"I was working here since July," he replies, waving at the middle-aged, brown-haired woman at the front desk. I follow him to the red stools at the counter and take a seat.

"Hello, Aaron. I can trust you to get menus by yourself, right?" her cheery voice asks.

He nods. "Yes, Ma'am."

The lady laughs loudly, shaking her head as she looks back down at the cash register drawer to count money. Aaron quickly takes off his black leather jacket and tosses it on the stool next to me before running around the counter to grab us menus.

"Order whatever you'd like; it'll go on my tab," he smiles, pushing a large, laminated book towards me.

"You know you don't have to do that, Aaron."

"I know, but I want to. Now, hurry up and pick something," he urges, nudging my heel with his shoe.

I page through the menu, skim-reading it before deciding to order French fries with a raspberry milkshake.

"Hi, bust boy and mystery girl. My name Jillian, and I'll be your waiter tonight. What can I get you guys?" the quirky yet very attactive girl chatters.

I admire her blonde hair and perfectly made-up face that makes her look stunning. She even has one of those cute little curvy noses with a nose ring and a few freckles sprinkled across her pale cheeks.

"I'll take a chocolate milkshake and a piece of coconut pie," Aaron requests, closing his menu and pushing it towards Jillian.

She quickly scribbles down his order and moves closer to me. Her eyes twinkling in the brightly lite diner. "And for you, cupcake?"

I laugh at the nickname because I'm definitely it doesn't suit my personality at all. I think burnt coffee matches my personality more than anything else. "Um, I'll take a raspberry milkshake and a small order of fries."

"Alright, cool," she replies, her green eyes focusing on her notepad. She adds a quick note before sticking the pad back into her apron and placing her pen behind her ear. "I'll be back in a few with your order."

I smile and nod, watching her walk through the metal doors that lead to the kitchen.

"Well, she's nice," I comment, swiveling my stool around so I'm facing Aaron.

"Everyone around here is," he smiles.

I nod, inspecting the place myself. I've only ever ate here a handful of times, but I remember enjoying my experience each time. I always loved how the red-tiled walls never seemed to stop gleaming and how it always smelled like fries in here. It seemed, and still seems, impossible to be unhappy here.

"So, you're the bust boy?" I ask.

He laughs, pushing a stray piece of hair out of his eyes. His touch leaves a trail of fire on my skin. "Yeah. Me and Luke both do."

So my speculations were right; Luke and Aaron are friends... how sweet.

"I know what you're thinking," he says, sounding defeated. "You think him and I are the same person."

I don't say anything. Silence envelopes the restaurant, making me anxious.

"But you know what," he announces powerfully, looking me straight in the eye. His eyebrows furrow, and he looks determined to prove a point. "Luke really isn't that bad of a person. I know he hurt you, which is uncalled for. Outside of school, he's chill. The bad boy persona is just an act to make him look cool at school. Deep down, he just wants to be wanted, you know?"

"And how would you know all of that?" I bravely challenge. I still can't believe he's defending a kid who practically broke my finger.

"Because I know him better than anyone else does," he argues. "I'm his cousin."

"What?!" I gasp, my voice booming in the quiet restaurant setting.

There can't--just--no! There's no way that he's cousins with Luke!

Aaron groans, placing his head into his hands. "I didn't mean for you to find out this way, but--"

"Alright!" Jillian suddenly exclaims, unaware of the tension between u. She wanders over to us with a tray balancing on her shoulder. "Here's your milkshake and-"

"You little leach!" I seethe, my face turning red. "I can't believe you have the nerve to pretend to be my friend, and you failed to tell me that you're cousin with the kid that broke my finger!"

As quickly as Jillian came, she left, with only a small gasp signaling her departure. I guess she's smart enough to know not to interfere with our argument.

Aaron nervously gulps, tugging at the neckline of his shirt. He knows that I have a right to be angry.

"Do you seriously realize what he did to me?" I rhetorically ask, my voice straining to remain calm yet effective.

He sighs, "Callie, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but--"

"I don't care if you're sorry," I snap, silencing his pleads. "We're done. D.O.N.E. done, Aaron. You hear me? Done."

I pull a couple dollars out from my purse and throw them on the table before storming out of the restaurant. The lady at the front desk calls after me, but I flip her off in return. There's no way I'm ever coming back, especially now that I know that the enemy and his side-kick work here.

I march off out of the front door, storming down the concrete steps and through the parking lot. I hobble along the edge of the semi-busy highway leading to my house, which is probably an hour away if I walk all the way there.

I still can't believe that Aaron is Luke's cousin. They don't even look alike, for Christ's sake! I feel used and played. Most importantly, I'm mad at myself because Luke got to win and gets the last laugh.

See, this is exactly why I should never let my guard down. I'm a fool for trusting Aaron once, but I'm just plain crazy to trust him a second time. Clearly, this kid doesn't care about the pain that he causes me each time he keeps an important secret from me.

I continue to walk down the side of the highway as my thoughts running wild inside my head. This time, I'm not giving Aaron another chance. I don't even know what the in the world popped into my mind when I thought it was acceptable to kiss him.

It's not happening again, not under my watch.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Another cliffhanger, and I left you guys with a wee bit of a surprise.

Haha I bet you all didn't see that one coming.

Anyways, please remember to vote and comment :) AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ALMOST 400 VOTES (lol it's at 399 at this exact second)!!! :) Homeroom has only been around for a little bit under 2 months and in my opinion, it's a success.

ILY all- Jamie

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

21.6K 1.8K 54
The early bird gets the worm. Or, in Lizzy's case, a text.
1.4K 217 26
"It happened so fast seems like yesterday I had saw her." I know everything happens for a reason but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was."
343 10 7
The perfect beach, the perfect weather, the (almost) perfect friends. The perfect life. All of it seemed to be going my way, and it was funny how it...
148 5 8
I journeyed on with my life. Apparently, we didn't moved to the US as we planned to do. So all that drama for nothing. Grade 11 or AKA Senior High Sc...