Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 10

5.8K 337 63
By anjuarshi

Khushi was waiting for him to speak while Arnav moved towards her and stood facing her...

Arnav: whatever I have done is the right thing, Khushi... Being your family, they ought to know that you are not at fault...

Khushi: It is none of your concern...

Arnav(immediately): It is... It is my concern, Khushi... I might have taken few wrong decisions in my past but this time... I know, I am doing right...

Khushi: no, you are not... You are hurting them in this process of revealing the truth...

Arnav: they ought to know this truth one day or the other, Khushi...

Khushi looked straight into his eyes while Arnav continued...

Arnav(gulping): If you wish to break this marriage, what will you tell them then?? This time, you wished to move on in your life and you have plans to bring back the glory of your sweet shop... and you need support... You might not consider me to be the one to support you... Your family could give you that support... and moreover, they deserve to know this truth... that is why, I took this step Khushi...

Khushi was silent for a moment but then, continued after a while...

Khushi: huhh... If you think that you could win me back by planning all these, then you are wrong...

Arnav: as I said, I am not doing this for me... I am doing this for you... You might not forgive me forever... You might not consider me... Let it be... I know, I don't deserve to be forgiven... but I won't let you face any bad from now on...

Khushi: I faced every bad in my life already... (she pointed their marriage and Arnav understood that)

Arnav: and that bad phase of your life is going to end... (he paused and continued) You decided to move to Lucknow and end our contract marriage after that...

Khushi gave a sarcastic look to Arnav...

Khushi: It is a contract marriage, Mr. Raizada... which is defined based on your terms... You are the one who termed it to end after six months of our marriage... I didn't put that condition...

Arnav: Yeah... (he agreed disappointedly) I never ever thought that I would get struck in my own terms...

Khushi: but it is good... It is good that I don't have to stay in this forceful marriage after the time period...

Arnav nodded again and moved towards Khushi... He stood before her and held her palms... Khushi looked at him with questioning eyes...

Arnav: You are the only person whom I hated... but you are the only person whom I loved with all my heart, Khushi... I might not have realized it earlier because of my own reasons and insecurities... I always locked my pain inside my heart... I never let my emotions overrule me... but Khushi... Yesterday, you showed me an entire different point of view to see my life... You are right... Who won't suffer?? almost everyone... there are many people who suffered more than me... I shouldn't shut myself because of my past... Thanks Khushi... for making me realize what life is... Before you entered my life, it meant winning... reaching heights... earning money and power... but you made me realize that life means living... with the people around you... loving them and getting loved by them... I shouldn't shut my emotions because of that one incident in my past...

Khushi continued staring in his eyes while Arnav left her palms... He palmed her cheeks and placed a kiss on her forehead...

Arnav: thanks... (he muttered again and continued) you made me realize what feelings and emotions are... and I will carry them until my last breathe Khushi...

For the first time, Khushi saw Arnav giving importance to her and her words... He never appreciated her like he did now... He always pointed finger at whatever she did... but today... he was different... His gesture was not rude but soothing... She saw softness in his eyes... and somehow she too replied in a soft tone...

Khushi(looking into Arnav's eyes): You always had feelings inside you, Arnavji... It's just that you tried to hide them inside you...

Arnav(nodding his head): I should have accepted my feelings then... Today, I would have had you beside me...

Khushi shrugged off his arms and looked away...

Khushi(looking away from Arnav's eyes): I am leaving to Lucknow after two days...

Khushi replied because she wanted to indicate Arnav that she no longer wish to stay with him nor she wish to know about his feelings and fall weak... she couldn't stay beside him anymore... She needed time... She needed some space... She couldn't forget all the insults thrown by him that easily... Though she could understand that Arnav was changing, she couldn't accept him heartily... because it still pains when she remembers that the person whom she loved with all her heart has pointed on her character... Not anymore... She shouldn't be taken for granted... and for that, she has to go away from him...

On the other hand, Arnav gulped hearing that news... Two days?? After two days, she will leave Delhi... She will leave this house... and most importantly, she will leave him... How could he cope up with this fact... He want to hold her so tightly to make her stay with him... but he can't do that... He is no more that Arnav who forced things on Khushi... He wanted to give her the space she wanted...

Arnav(nodding his head): we will talk to the family then...

Khushi: I already discussed with the family today... but I should talk to them again to let them know that I am leaving after two days...

Arnav: I will talk to them...

Khushi didn't argue... She knew, the family will accept her decision if Arnav is okay with it... She also knew, Arnav is not really okay with it... So, whatever the family hears from them is just what they wanted to show them... the actual picture of their married life is far beyond their thoughts... She can't tell them the actual reason behind her Lucknow visit... that she wanted to stay away from Arnav and this contract marriage which is going to end in three months...

Khushi realized that their actual topic got diverted... She was there to ask Arnav of why he had revealed about their contract marriage to her family... but she understood that it would be of no use now... Arnav had already made up his mind before she could oppose whatever he was saying... It was true that she had to reveal about their marriage to her family members one or the other day... but she never dared to do that because she feared that they might go through emotional breakdown after knowing the truth... Arnav was right... This truth had to come out one or the other day as she planned not to stay in Raizada house anymore... Her parents would question her and they would need answers from her... Arnav revealed everything to them while considering all these facts...

Khushi thought to drop any further argument... She looked at Arnav and turned around to leave while Arnav's eyes never left her form... Khushi was about to step out of their room when she heard him...

Arnav: Khushi... (he called her)

Khushi turned to face him... Arnav was just staring at her without uttering a word while Khushi was confused...

Khushi: what?? (she asked pulling her eyebrows together)

Arnav: nothing... (he said as if he was lost in some other world)

At that moment, Khushi saw many feelings in Arnav's eyes... Pain... sorrow... guilt... and most importantly... Love... Love?? Her thoughts ran faster than the light... She remembered the day of their marriage when she saw only rage in his eyes... Wish he could show some trust on her at that time... Things could have been different... Though she could see every emotion in Arnav's eyes now, they couldn't mend her broken heart... Khushi turned her face slowly and left the room...

***

Night:

Arnav entered Anjali's room and saw Khushi already present there...

Anjali: Chotte...

Arnav: di, have you taken taken your medicine...

Anjali(smiling): Ha baba... I took... Your wife made sure of that...

Arnav and Khushi shared a quick eyelock... Khushi looked away...

Anjali(sadly): Khushiji said that she was going to Lucknow after two days... We are really going to miss you, Khushiji...

Arnav gulped hearing that... He couldn't even openly declare that he will miss her... He already missed the earlier Khushi whom he knew... the crazy and chirpy Khushi who always found her happiness in simplest things... and now... when she leaves for Lucknow, he couldn't even see her around him... He should live in that same room which got filled with many memories of Khushi... good and bad...

Khushi's next words brought Arnav out of his thoughts...

Khushi(holding Anjali's palms): I too will miss you all... Very much... but I have to go di... I want to do this... I want to prove myself... I want to stand on my feet... and most importantly, I want to get back that glory of our sweet shop once again... I want to do this not only for myself but for the sake of Bapuji too... He would be very happy...

Anjali(nodding her head): I understand, Khushiji... and I respect your decision too... (she cupped Khushi's cheek) You are a very brave woman, Khushiji... I just pray that you get success and reach great heights...

Khushi smiled...

Khushi: thanks, di...

Anjali smiled and concentrated on Arnav who was just a listener till then... Each and every passing minute was becoming unbearable for Arnav but he too want the same... that Khushi could get whatever she was trying for... that she become successful in her life...

Arnav turned to Anjali when she called him...

Anjali: Chotte...

Arnav looked at Anjali who signalled him to come and sit beside her... Arnav followed her words and sat beside Khushi... Khushi looked sideways... Anjali took Khushi's palm and placed it over Arnav's, pressing them together...

Anjali: I know, there are many differences between you... and I guess, there are so many reasons for that... the way you got married might be one of the reasons... but I always wish that you both could stay together forever...

Arnav looked at Khushi while Khushi felt uncomfortable...

Arnav(looking at Khushi): I too wish the same di... (he murmured)

Khushi heard his words and she could no longer stay there... Khushi got up grabbing their attention...

Khushi: I... I will check on Naniji...

Saying that, Khushi rushed out of the room... Arnav was still watching in that direction from where she left and Anjali kept staring Arnav's face... She could see longing in his eyes... She observed him for a while and then, pulled his chin and made him look at her...

Anjali: You love her, don't you??

Arnav stayed silent for a while and then, took a deep breathe before responding...

Arnav: It was already late to express anything about my feelings, di...

Anjali: no Chotte... Life always gives a chance... Take that chance... express your feelings and make the other person understand how much you love them...

Arnav: not when your feelings are covered with guilt and repentance, di...

Arnav says looking in the air while Anjali could only guess the depth of his words... She still doesn't know the entire truth of their marriage and she doesn't wish to ask Arnav and increase his pain more... She will wait until he decides to share it with her...

Anjali: whatever might be the circumstances, Chotte... there will always be a ray of hope... have faith... If you strive for something with your whole heart, you will definitely get it... it may be a deal... or someone's heart...

Arnav looked into Anjali's eyes hopefully... Really?? Could he really win Khushi back?? He knew, his di was only trying to give him some strength... but could he expect the same from his di if she got to know the truth about the way he married Khushi... Of how he blackmailed her and made a contract for six months... He couldn't guess what the consequences might be... He only knew how difficult it would be to win back Khushi... Khushi was hurt... completely broken knowing the truth of their marriage... and he was the reason for this state of her... trust... a simple and mighty word... which he failed to show on Khushi... the only woman who held his heart and made his heartbeats grew faster...

Anjali: Chotte... (she called again making him come out of his thoughts)

Arnav got up from the bed...

Arnav: good night, di...

Anjali nodded her head and then continued...

Anjali: are you okay...?

Arnav just nodded his head and left the room...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 13.8K 52
This is Story about Arnav and Khushi who loved each other during college days. Due some problems they parted their ways. while going Khushi said him...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...
321K 10.4K 22
Starting from the track when khushi brings arnav safe from the kidnappers... what happens when anjali accuses khushi ? what happens mami labels her a...
80.4K 3.9K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...