The First Baby- A Shraman Sto...

Galing kay zindagikilikhavatein

Shravan is out on a mission to prove something to Sumo. Will they get what the want? First baby? Happy EDKV A... Higit pa

Part 2
Part 3
News!
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Epilogue
#Againstbullying

The First Baby

4.2K 147 105
Galing kay zindagikilikhavatein

"Suman di, what are you doing?''

" Nothing Preeti just was sorting out the budget. "

"What dii! You're always working, you should rest sometimes. Like just chilling all day sitting on bed or going shopping or may be watching a movie. What say?"

"You know what Preeti, you're lucky always have been. Whatever you wanted was right there right at your feet. You have a perfect life but  I ain't as lucky as you. I think you should ask Vandy bhabhi to accompany you for shopping."

"Di why are you...."

"Go Preeti"

Its been a few days since living with Malhotras and she realized how much her dear sister has changed, the one for whom she sacrificed her life yes her life her Shravan. It was for 'her' love she sacrificed so much and the same girl is really busy with her new family. She is shopping, kitty partying with her mother in law and romancing with her husband. Its not that Suman is complaining its just that even if she does all that, there is no harm in enjoying life but that 'you keep working all the time, you should also chill and shop bla bla ' felt like taunting. Doesn't she know the reason why she has to work so much? Doesn't she know her mother is waiting there open mouthed for the money she earns? Doesn't she know how much loans and advance order she had to take for her high class wedding and herself going to a court in everyday salwar kameez, just signing the papers and getting married? Doesn't she know how much she had to endure so that her so called lovely mother in law would accept her? Doesn't she know how much she is suffering and hurting?

Suman is honestly confused today. Had she become someone else or  the real character is hid under a facade.
(Your thoughts?)

Suman was thinking of all this when the ring of her phone caught her attention. As she was talking to Preeta looking around she saw a magazine lying on bed, perhaps Preeti left it there. Casually she started flipping pages when one particular article caught her attention. Right after the call disconnected she started reading it.

It was a important day for Shravan. He had two consecutive dates in one day itself and the cases were complicated. Even around all the fiasco, his drunk escapades and fights with her, there was something that kept motivating him to keep roaring in the court. Two smiles. One that he saw right after winning, his father who was always there to witness his success and other that he imagined. The day he won case of Tiwari Killa, he saw that smile for the first time. That was the moment when he knew this is the smile that I'm going to fight for and chase. Then what happened?
So cliché, "life happened". But he says ego happened and stupidity happened.

Shravan reached home in evening to find the place empty. He asked Bahadur for everyone except her. Kamini chachi, Vandy bhabhi and Preeti were out for shopping, Pushkar was in Gurgaon for the day would come tomorrow, Lalaji and Ramnath went to meet someone. He did not asked for her because he knew her workload. Yes he knew. It was true, they were fighting, ignoring each other but in reality they were pretending to hide their wounds. He knew how loaded she is with work and how his family was on her head but one thing he was certain that she was a ball of pretentious energy. If she was home, she would have been either in the kitchen or the living room. With this thought he went upstairs with the glass of water in one hand which Bahadur got for him. In his room what he saw amused him, surprised him but also made sure that he spends some sleepless nights.

Suman was lying on the bed reading the article and realized the other one is also catchy so she went on to that as well. She was almost done with it when she realized someone gazing her. She put down the magazine upside down and looked at the silently amused and smiling man standing there at the door. Now his smile confused her. What should I infer of this now? Her frown that was the reason of his sleepless nights deepened. Shravan when found her she was spread over the bed like a teen girl, puckering her lips, and narrowing her eyes while the frown which looked cute was different from  her angry frowns but just thee cute one.

Shravan moved inside and asked her what was she reading with so much concentration. Suman was stunned. It was the first civil thing being said by him. She just pointed to her magazine and said, "Bakwas".

Shravan took it and open the slightly bend pages and the title blew him,
First Baby

He once looked at her and then the article. He sat beside her on the bed and began reading it. While Suman was stunned. She kept looking at him. He looked too cute while frowning at some sentences and looked amused overall. He put down the magazine beside him and turned to look at a lost Sumo. The one who was lost in his cuteness while he got lost in her eyes. The Great Fall of the magazine brought them back to reality and Shravan to a mischievous idea.

"There's nothing as such bakwas in it. Sahi toh Hai"

"What? Are you serious? Its complete rubbish."

"You think so?"

"Certainly"

"Alright, Mrs Suman Malhotra you just wait and watch. I your one and only the most amazing husband will prove to you that whatever this article says is the ultimate truth."

The way he called her name and called himself her husband did something to her already flooding emotions but still she was confused. Didn't he say that he hates her then why was he so adamant at proving to her something as absurd as the first baby?

.............

At the dining table while everyone was savouring the breakfast made by Suman, there was an untouched plate kept near to an empty chair. Like every other day Shravan did not come. But does miracles happen? Yes they do.

Shravan came down the stairs in a light blue T shirt (my favorite colour suits him so much) and denims. Everyone was shocked to not just seeing him at the table but smiling. That hadn't happened off late.

He came to sit at his chair and started serving himself. As he was going to touch the casserole Kamini interrupted.

"Umm Shravan this is made by Suman, you wait a few minutes I'll ask Bahadur to make sandwich for you."

"Is it not good?"

"It is good but you said you won't eat anything that Suman cooks. That's why."

"You don't have to worry about me Chachiji. I have handled myself alone for long so I know what I want and what I should have. Okay."

"Haan haan okay puttarji!"

"And why are you not eating?" He asked pointing at Suman.

"Ahh! That I would eat after everyone. What if someone needs something? You eat."

She had just seen a glimpse of a different Shravan today. She was happy in this much only that finally he would eat her food.

"Bahadur is there for that. Even when you were not here he did that job well so You are going to eat with all of us. And if someone needs something they can help themselves. Come and sit."

She came to the chair he pointed at beside him and he started serving her and himself. Suman was just so shocked to react.

"Arey! Khao yaa mai khilau?"

Hearing him chuckling at saying that she turned her head and picked up her spoon. Some shocked, amused and confused everyone ate. When Suman left her spoon to drink water her right hand was snatched and held under the table. Shocked Suman left the glass there and looked at him. He neither said nor looked at her but she felt his fingers moving on her palm. It formed a S. Then O, R, R, Y.
She knew he was saying sorry for disrespecting her food and yelling at her earlier.

It was true that he should have openly apologized like he openly insulted her. But she did not know what she wanted but his way of apologising was new, different and so cute just like him that she could not resist the smile that took its place on her lips.

After finishing breakfast, everyone left for their work but Shravan was on a mission today.

"What are you getting ready for Sumo?"

"I have to go to PCT to work like normal people do unlike lying on bed and sleeping like someone you know."

"Touché. Well if that someone is me then For your kind information Mrs. Malhotra I won two cases yesterday so because nobody cares I've myself rewarded me a day off."

"Ahh ohh Congratulations!"

"I don't want your rukha sukha congratulations. Just Get ready I'll drop you."

"Umm you don't need to. I can drive myself."

But Shravan Malhotra doesn't listen to anyone thus pushed her out the door. "Arey my bag!"
"Got it"
And they drove off in his car with a confused Sumo.

Why are you behaving so sweet Shravan? Don't do this please. If you reverted back to being the Khadoos I might not be able to hold myself.

Lost in her thoughts she was unaware of those admiring eyes on her. The ones who were made to get lost in hers and never come back to see the cruel world. The ones who only wanted to lie with her soul and see the dreams of their future together.

"Mujhe ghoorna band karo Aur saamne dekho. What has happened to you Shravan?"

"Nothing. PCT is here. You should go."

"Hmm and you don't have to come to pick I'll take an auto rickshaw. Bye."

"Hey!..." Stupid girl!

........

Afternoon

"Excuse me!"

"Arey! Shravanji app aithe. Sumo toh nahi Hai yahan. Lekin app andar toh aao." Preeta asked Shravan to come inside but as he stood at the doorstep he was reminded of all what he did to the only girl he ever dreamt of. He hurt her just as much he was. But in reality it hurt him more to see her crying. Her pain was felt by him and it felt more severe to his already aching heart. Now that he has realized that no matter how much she hurts him, the only one who can reduce his pains is her. He wanted to be selfish for once to keep her beside him always.

As he put his foot inside he realized the place was revived by her. It looked just the same as it was before the typhoon he brought with him. He was determined today to give her a new memory that she could cherish with him at this very place. Its not possible to delete bad times but replacing them with more good time is definitely possible.

He asked Preeta as to when Sumo will be back. And he got to know that Suman was out to meet the investors.

"Investors? When did that happen now?"

"Vo Shravanji when we lost PCT case you remember right after Preeti's Sangeet, that bastard (Aditya) came. He proposed this to Sumo, that if she could not take favour from you then she should have the investors.
Suman was hesitant but when he told you have sent him then Sumo agreed. But we got to know the truth that day when you came to PCT and......"

Shravan slumped down to floor while other workers were witnessing his guilt trip. One of the workers the older one came to him with water in her hand. She made him drink and asked him not to drown in guilt and blur the future instead learn from your mistake and try to erase them switch them with some good deeds.

........

"Preeta give me some paneer please."

"What would you do with Paneer Shravanji? I'm mean you'll definitely not use it in the Pasta."

"Then what? Give Me some paneer and you just see my special dish. Chef Malhotra ka kamaal Sumo ko karega .... Umm kuch rhyme word nahi mil raha."

And everyone laughed at him.
His dish was already prepared and ready to serve but Sumo has not yet come back. Right now he realized how bad of a decision was his to drive her in morning she must be yelling at rickshawwallas right now and getting tired all the more because of those bumpy rides.

"Shravan ji you're going to wait for Sumo right? Usually we would lock PCT before leaving if Sumo isn't here but now that you're here, Take care and beware of that Bhukkad Mishra from adjacent building, he has a habit to come here to try to steal food in afternoon ."

"Bye, Shravan ji. All the best." Everyone chorused and he was happy to have support of her family.

"Bas bas bhaiya yahi rok do. Yelo paise."

"Arey madam 300 hua Hai."

"Kisi aur ko jaake pagal banao. Itna hi hota Hai kiraya jao abb."

"Aise thodi hota Hai, 50 rupay aur do."

"Ye lijiye air nikaliye yahaan."

"Shravan what are you doing? Why did you gave him the money? Mai baat kar rahi thi naa. Ye Sab Aise hi public ko loot tey Hai pata Hai tumhe."

"Pata Hai. But for now I wanted my wife to be with me and not arguing with that Rickshawwalla. So you see. "

"Shravan what ? You ? I ...I mean you ...aa ...umm"

"What Sumo?"

"What are you doing here?"

"How rude? I was waiting for you for so long and you are like..."

"You were waiting for me? Why?"

"Why are you so surprised? Hamesha toh mai hi tumhara wait karta hu na?"

Maine bhi kiya tha Shravan

"Leave all that let's go inside I've surprise for you.
Go wash your hands and sit here. I'll be back."

Just as Suman sat at the said place Shravan came back with a tray with two plates. The table was served by him. Two beautiful plates of Pasta and Suman's favorite soft drink.

"Presenting you Chef Shravan Malhotra's authentic and marvelous dish only for the beautiful lady."

"You cooked this?" She deliberately ignored the beautiful lady part because it made her heart flutter. But she failed to notice his pacing heartbeat. It was as if a question of life and death. What if she got angry on him? What if she did not like it?

"Yeah! I'm sorry I used your kitchen and ingredients too and...."

"Its okay Shravan. But tell me one thing it is edible right? "

"I don't know."

"Hmm. Let's take a deep breath and take the chance of my life and death. Here it goes."
She took the first bite and he anticipated the lash out. But what he got amused him more.

"Wow!"

"Did you like it?"

"By any chance you went to learn cooking in London?"

"No! Just much to survive my midnight hunger."

"Eat. Its delicious. You have no idea I was starving like a dog. Even in the meeting I was like Common people its lunch time but no those stupid buddhe. And this is just heaven like the way the cheese melts in mouth and how soft the pasta is cooked, and the added Paneer is just Amazing. God you are amazing Shravan."

The smile never left his face and his heart was turning into a jumping jack.

......

"Where are we going Shravan? Its not the route to your house."

"Exactly Sumo that is house and right now I'm taking you home."

"What do you mean?"

"Just wait and watch baby!"
Without even a thought the word slip out. It was so easy to say and but so difficult to explain but the good thing for him was she ignored him. She was also feeling the same skip of heart beat, pacing fast, and the flutters even both of them blushed.

They reached the outer city and Suman recognized the way. They stopped in front of a white house. It was newly renovated and as Sumo passed by she saw the nameplate. It read:
Suman Malhotra

"Shravan this is my parents' home. How did you? That Khanna naa... That he ... Maa Papa ...vo.."

"It is yours Sumo. See the name its in your name."

"No Shravan it was your money you bought it and I can't...."

"Your wedding gift Sumo."

"But..."

"Shhh... I can gift you anytime and anything I want to. You can't stop me. And about my money. I don't have anyone other than you to spend it on. So you see. And wanna go inside?"

"No. Not today."

"I won't ask. Don't worry."

"Let's go back, please."

"Sure"
.....

As they reached Malhotra mansion they found everyone in the living room discussing something. They together approached them and Shravan asked what they were discussing about.

"Aaoji aao puttarji, aab tum dono hi aakhri faisla karoge, ki family vacation k liye hum kahan jayenge... Goa yaa phir Chandigarh apne pushtaini ghar (ancestral house)?" Asked Lalaji.

"Chandigarh"
"Chandigarh"
Shraman said together and thus looked at each other.

Ramnath faked a cough to bring the two out of the moment they got lost in. Just as they turned saw Preeti coming there.

"Oh Hi Suman Di. Dekho sab logo ne pehle se dinner ka menu taiyaar kar me rakha hua Hai." Saying she laughed at her husband and Lalaji who were fighting on what to have for dinner sometime back.

"What is it?" Shravan asked even before Suman could say anything.

"Lalaji want Biryani, Pushkar wants Chole and....

Shravan went towards his no their room holding her hand though she kept trying to stop him. Everyone was shocked because of his behavior. It was literally like He walked out on his family.

" Shravan what are you doing? Stop!!"

"You really want me to stop Sumo? If I did I might say things they won't like but now its on you."

"Shravan what are saying son?" Ramnath asked surprised on his behavior.

"Wahi kar raha hu Papa Jo mujhe pehle kardena chahiye tha anyways 'justice delayed but Not denied' .
So Preeti jahan tak meri knowledge Hai tumhari shaadi Sumo se full 1 week and 1 day pehle hui thi, right? You should be the one knowing more about the people of this family and their choices Mera aur Papa ka chod toh then also Lalaji your own Father-in-law, Pushkar your own husband and others too are your own in laws " your family in law" in bold letters but still har Ek ki farmaish tumhe puri karni chahiye. Don't take it otherwise but still its your family and your responsibility ain't it? But you are the princess toh tum kaise kuch kar sakti ho so you have your maid sister haina?"

"Bhaiya? Aap kyun keh rahe ye sab? Aur ye......"
"Puttarji hum Teri family nahi Hai kya? Aise kyu keh raha Hai?" (Its Lalaji )

"Love is blind Pushkar, you're the live and classic example. Tujhe kabhi ye nahi dikha ki Teri shaadi ke time par mai kitna pareshan tha, Sumo kitni pareshan thi, tujhe bas apni khushi dikh rahi thi. Tiwari family ki Princess thi Preeti toh Malhotra family me bhi rahegi aur Sumo ko toh Tiwaris bhi sirf apni farmaisho aur paiso k liye use karte so why not We the mighty Malhotras use her as our maid, haina Preeti? Pushkar? Tumhari personal Bawarchi bana kar rakha Hai!
And family? Right we are a family. The one where some people ignored me becoming a drunkard while a few were at the peak of happiness. Such great family.
Mera meri wife ke saath thoda sa issue tha humara personal problem Hai doesn't mean ki aap log bhi use aise treat karoge.
Remember one thing everyone, Agar Meri Sumo ke saath kisi ne kharab behave kiya na toh isn't it understood already!"

He just gave a last glaring look to them and held her hand. He took only one step forward when a echo of claps was heard.
Everyone turned to look at the origin of that sound but Kamini smiling and clapping left all shocked again.

"Mummyji kya hua aapko?"

"Kuch nahi puttarji bas aaj yakin aagya kisi baat par bas isliye khush hu."

"Kya bol rahi ho aap sohneyo?"

"Aapko yaad nahi Hai kya 25 saal pehle bhi aisa hi Ek vaakya hua tha."

"Yaad aaya, Sahi keh raho aap!"

"Aap sahi the bhaisaahb, Shravan bilkul aap par hi gaya Hai. 25 saal pehle jab aapki Bebe ne Nirmala didi ko kuch keh diya tha aur usdin is  tarah aap unke liye khade hue the Shravan ne bhi wahi kiya aaj."

"Shravan puttar jaanti hu Maine humesha Pushkar- Varun aur tujhme fark kiya maanti hu par I'm proud of you and am happy too. For you. You finally got the point which half of the male population in this world couldn't."

"Konsa point?"

"Tum rehne de Varun tujhe toh saat janmo me samajh nahin aayega. Sab log jaa kar apne kaam karo, Vandy- Preeti mere saath chalo aur tum dono 'hum log tumhari family nahi Hai phir bhi fresh ho kar aajaana dinner k liye."

***"**

The two people who were all quite during the whole ordeal were still in the state of surprise or shock even they did not know.

Ramnath was still in the state of confusion as to what should he be feeling, happy or defeated?

While Suman was in the outer space. What just happened to him? And the only thing that was resonating in her mind was what he said, Meri Sumo.

A/n:- Hey guys! This is three part story. I will publish the second part as soon as possible which is directly proportional to your votes and responses on the story. I'm kinda busy with exams, training etc and your comments are the motivation to write. Keep reading and keep loving Shraman.
Officially Happy EDKV Anniversary to all of you.

Love,
Zindagi.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

11.1K 710 7
One blind date can result in finding your soulmate !โค๏ธ
8.2K 870 22
What if Suman never had a Facebook profile and Shravan never could stalk her, while sitting in London? What if Suman never knew she had an account on...
67.5K 4.6K 39
"You are the love that came without warning ; you had my heart before I could say no" ๐š‚๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š ๐šž๐š—๐šŽ๐šก๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š™๐šŽ๐š˜๐š™๐š•๏ฟฝ...
41.5K 3.5K 40
A girl is living with her maternal family after the tragic death of her parents, on a road accident. Her grandpa finds a suitable boy for her. Will...