teenage dirtbag || percy weas...

By indiana_jonesey

Ophelia, or Lee, as she preferred, was a rebel. Not a Wizarding rebel. She wasn't really a fan of the dark a... More

starlit smoke
copper skies
chapped and chaste
a "happy" home
faking it
the bottle makes five
playing nurse
well this is it now
enter stage left
kiss from a rose
i'm not planning on riding solo
from across the bar
dance with me
crazy little thing called love
for the next illusion
ruthlessly kind
saying goodbye is the hardest part
what a way to make a living
nothing to do, nowhere to go
time's a changing
take these broken wings
two steps foreward
one step back
when i say shotgun, you say
everbody get down
not dead yet
all apologies
when the rain starts to pour
a walking travesty
the dog dies in this one
hgtv is lying, buying a house is boring

underpaid and overworked

5.9K 212 53
By indiana_jonesey

"Listen up, trainees, I will only say this once," the tough looking Auror grunted. "This isn't like the shit you did at Hogwarts, no more simple spells and practical jokes. This is the real world. And if you think for a moment that you can just pass through training without breaking a sweat, you're about to be proven painfully wrong."

The Auror furrowed her brows as she made eye contact with every trainee.

"What my partner means to say," chimed the other Auror, "is that this program will be very intense. To protect the wizarding world you must be willing to give it your all and realize that you will be put into dangerous situations."

This Auror was much nicer than her counterpart. She actually smiled at the trainees instead of trying to scare them away.

"And not the kind of danger you're used to," the first Auror clarified. "Not a hundred meter fall off of a broom. Dark curses and hexes thrown at you by the most vile scum that walks the earth. And traps and blood and pain. Prepare to see some bad shit."

"Meredith," the nice auror whispered furiously, "you promised to go easy for orientation."

The short woman frowned.

"Jill, this is easy," the first Auror whispered back.

"Mer," Jill gave the woman a stern look.

"Alright, fine," Meredith huffed with a roll of her eyes. "So everything I said is completely true. Training is hard, and not everyone is fit for the job. But were not throwing you to the dogs right off, but don't worry, that part will come eventually."

Jill gave a small smile.

"I guess that's as good as I could have hoped for," she joked. "Anyways, we are going to start with some aptitude tests, to see if you are really cut out for the Auror Program."

The group let out some groans and complaints.

"Oh, I know nobody likes exams, but I think it's best to get the boring stuff over with," Jill clapped her hands together. "Now if you will all follow me, we will begin testing!"

_______

"I'm almost positive that I just failed out of the Auror Program," Lee whined as she flopped onto Percy's bed.

"Now what makes you think that?" He asked, looking at her over his glasses.

"Well, we started off taking aptitude tests," Lee explained, "which I did not suffer through two years of NEWT level classes just to be tested again. The questions started off pretty easy, like common sense stuff, but then they got so hard. And there were things about morals in there too.

"And I tried my best, but I really think I messed it up," Lee rested her cheek on her hand a frown marring her face.

"Love, I'm sure you did brilliant," Percy tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "If they don't see that you'll be the best Auror in the class then it's their loss."

"Easy for you to say," Lee mumbled. "You've got the unfair bias that comes with being my boyfriend."

"I suppose, but when have I ever lied?"

"I think you do lie, but you're just very good at it," Lee teased.

"I guess you'll never know."

Lee smacked his arm lightly.

"Ow," Percy yelped. "What was that for?"

"I guess you'll never know," Lee replied with a smirk.

_______

Auror Training did get easier. Well not easier per se, but Lee got used to the program. The sparring, the investigative work, the trips to observe crime scenes. It all became routine.

It was exhausting. Lee would be worn out from training, arriving to the Burrow at late hours of the night. And when the weekend hit, she went to work, often doubles, instead of taking some time off.

And Percy had noticed. He could see how tired she was. Hell, everyone could. Even Mr. Weasley had mentioned she should take a weekend off to catch up on some sleep.

Lee kept promising herself that she would take some time off, but when the time came to do so, she flaked. Lee needed the money. She didn't want to rely on the Weasley family forever. And she couldn't ask her own parents for support.

She just had to wait out the program for the year, then she could actually get paid to be an Auror. And finally quit her job at the apothecary.

A year seemed so much longer than it did before.

"Er, miss?" An old woman asked, waving her hand timidly.

Lee blinked and drew her attention back to the present, where she was working her second shift of the day at the Apothecary.

"Oh, sorry," Lee put on her customer service smile. "What can I help you with?"

"I was looking for hemlock, but I can't seem to find it," the woman answered, a displeased look gracing her face.

"I'll go see if I can find it," Lee replied. "It might need to be restocked. I'll be right back."

Lee's smile disappeared as soon as she turned away from the woman. She was too tired to put up the happy façade all day.

Lee made her way through the shop, scanning the shelves for hemlock. Nothing in the store had a designated place, it was more of a general area of where it may be.

After a few seconds of searching, she found the ingredient, clearly labeled and in plain sight. Lee rolled her eyes.

She stepped out of the isle so that the woman could see her.

"How many bottles did you need?"

"Just the one," the lady still didn't look happy. Some people were just rotten no matter what.

She grabbed the bottle, as the bell to the shop rang.

Why were so many people coming to an Apothecary around suppertime? Did they not eat?

"Here you go, ma'am," Lee set the bottle on the counter, returning to her place behind the register. "Will this be all for you today?"

"No," the woman huffed, taking the hemlock. "I have other ingredients I need."

She walked away, leaving Lee to stew in her own frustrations. Old ladies suck.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if you could help me find something," a new voice asked.

Lee turned to find a smirking red head.

"How can I be of service?" Lee smiled, resting her chin on her hand.

"I'm looking for a woman, she works here, incredibly smart and beautiful, you couldn't miss her," Percy said. "I need to steal her away from her horrible job."

"I dunno if there's anyone that would meet that description," Lee stood straight again. "Much less be able to get off."

"I've already talked to Orville, he says they'll be fine without you," Percy said.

"Well, in that case," Lee turned to her coworker, who had just returned from his break. "Thank Merlin for people like you Orville, have a lovely evening."

"You too, take some time off, for Circe's sake," Orville grinned.

"Will do," Lee gave the man a small salute.

She linked arms with Percy, striding out of the store.

"So, where to?" She asked. Percy had never been so spontaneous before. It was exciting.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see," he smirked, the teasing tone he had been using more and more making an appearance.

_______

"Have you finally snapped and this is where you plan to kill me?" Lee asked, walking around the foreign room.

"Like I could ever," Percy rolled his eyes. "Well, what do you think, then?"

He spread out his arms, gesturing all around the room.

"It's way too nice for us," Lee said. "I mean, it's a lovely flat, but there's no way we could pay for it."

"Ah, but you forget conversion rates," Percy smiled. "A hundred gallons a month. Muggles have some outrageous pricing."

"Are you taking the piss?" Lee asked, her tone shifting from the playful one she held previously.

"Not at all," Percy smiled. "I've already played the first month, I wanted this to be a surprise."

Lee didn't know how to feel. She was a little angry that he went on without her. She wanted to be a part of finding their first home. But she was so excited. She would finally have a place to call her own. Her home. Their home.

And it was a damn good surprise.

"I-er, I love it," Lee couldn't help but smile. "I can't believe were actually adults."

Percy nodded.

"I know what you mean," he said. "I still feel like the kid who stared in awe at Hogwarts, as we crossed the lake. We hadn't even met yet."

"I remember that," Lee teased. "You had that stupid smile on your face. Yes that one."

She laughed at his current smile.

"Very funny," he tried to frown, but found it impossible to maintain the expression. "I have more news for you as well."

"Well what is it?" Lee asked. Patience may be a virtue, but not one Lee particularly cared for.

"Mr. Crouch has told me that he plans on writing a letter of recommendation to the minister. The minister!"

"Shit, Percy, that's fantastic," she launched herself at her boyfriend.

"And if I get the position, I'll finally be moving up," Percy's excitement was infectious.

Lee smiled, as if she wasn't already. She was so proud of him. And she loved him so much, it felt like her heart would burst.

"How did I get so lucky," Lee whispered. "I love you more than you can imagine."

"And to think I love you more," Percy smirked.

"Not fucking possible," she drew away so that she could see his face.

"Absolutely possible."

_______

"That sofa isn't bad," Lee muttered. "Its far better than everything else."

"Are you sure about that?" Percy slapped the cushion, causing dust to fly into the air.

"I'd take dust over fleas anyway," she reasoned. "Scourgify should fix that anyways."

"Alright," Percy surrendered. "I've been waiting for this to end two weeks ago."

Finding cheap, but good furniture was very difficult. They didn't have enough money to buy new furniture, choosing to go to resale shops and thrift stores. It worked for the moment.

And Lee kind of liked the odd mix of designs. The mismatched wood stains and fabrics really pulled the flat together in her mind. And it made it more homey that way.

The bought the sofa, only spending 15 galleons. Percy shrunk the price and put it in his pocket. They apparated away.

"I think here will do," Percy placed the sofa down. He waved his wand and ot returned to its proper size. He quickly cast a cleaning charm.

So it was violet, not dark brown.

"I never want to buy furniture again," Lee flopped down on their new find.

"Me either," Percy joined her, wrapping one arm around her shoulders.

"We can just keep these forever, I'm sure they'll last," Lee felt her head get closer to Percy's shoulder. Her eyelids felt unusually heavy.

Percy couldn't remember the last time she had the day off. She and just been released from training for the holidays, and didn't have to work. When she finally fell asleep, he scooped her up in his arms.

Percy carried Lee to their room, resting her on the bed. He took off her shoes and covered her with the blanket.

He gave her a light kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight, love," he whispered. "Enjoy your day off."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 7 1
(𝐧.) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. ❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚.❞ ...
132K 3K 15
[COMPLETED] Hey! This is a fem!Percy Jackson and Harry Potter crossover. Percy Jackson is a daughter of Poseidon and is a witch. She's been attendin...
83.9K 2.6K 21
A/N: Honestly Percy Weasley is a highly underrated character and this is just fuelled by my never ending Harry Potter obsession. Also, all concepts a...
4.7K 156 21
She retracted her hand from my grasp, and placed it against my cheek delicately instead. "I'm sure, I'm just worried I won't be good. I've never," sh...