Time of the Keyblade (KH OC S...

By GrimstoneRX1300

On a world where the inhabitants are masters of time, Arcturus Farron lived as an ordinary teenager, until a... More

Basic info
Prolong: STORY TIME
Chapter 1: CALM BEFORE THE STORM
Chapter 2: THE STATION OF AWAKENING
Chapter 3: NEW POWERS
Chapter 4: MOM'S JOB
Chapter 5: FIRST MISSION (AURADON)
Chapter 6: AN OFFER
Chapter 7: SOULLESS
Chapter 8: VR DEATH GAME (AINCRAD part.1)
Chapter 9: HEROES NEVER DIE (HORIZONWATCH)
Chapter 10: DEFEND THE ARK (CYBERTRON part 1)
Chapter 11: CLASH OF THE SPEEDSTERS (end of act 1)
Act 2 Opening and Recap
Chapter 13: PATH OF THE FORCE (FARAWAY GALAXY part 1)
Chapter 14: LOKI'S PLAN (MAVEL UNIVERSE part 1)
Chapter 15: FIGHT AS ONE (MARVEL UNIVERSE part 2)
Chapter 16: TILL ALL ARE ONE (CYBERTRON part 2)
Chapter 17: HEART OF THE EMPIRE (ATLANTIS)
Chapter 18: A ROSE TO CURE THE WRAITH (end of act 2)
Bonus Chapter: CRIMSON DEATH
Act 3: Opening and Recap
Chapter 19: SPEEDSTER MAY CRY
Chapter 20: BULLET OF BULLETS (AINCRAD part 3)
Chapter 21: SPACE PIRATES (TREASURE PLANET)
Chapter 22: A NEW HOPE (FARAWAY GALAXY part 2)
Chapter 23: WE ARE ALIVE (DETROIT)
Chapter 24: SHELL OF THE BEAST (MARVEL UNIVERSE part 3)
Chapter 25: WHATEVER IT TAKES (MARVEL UNIVERSE part 4)
Chapter 26: ARCTURUS VS RWBY (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 27: THE POWER OF WAKING (REMNANT part2)
Chapter 28: FAMILIAR FACES (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 29: TASTE OF TRUE POWER (REMNANT part 4)
Chapter 30: VACATION DAY
Chapter 31: ATTACK ON COLOSSUS, SHADOW OF THE TITAN (The Forbidden Wall)
Christmas one-shot: a special gift.
Chapter 32: MARIA'S PROMISE (CHAOS COLONY)
Chapter 33: BLACK DRAGON OF DAMNATION.
Chapter 34: DOMINION SOULS (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 35: TWO DRAGONS, ONE TRUE KING (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 36: A PROMISE FULFILLED (end of Act 3)
Epilogue

Chapter 12: THE WORLD TREE (AINCRAD part 2)

782 7 4
By GrimstoneRX1300

Time in World: 2025

The scene shows Arcturus appearing in a forest area. His outfit was the same, but now his hair is light blue and his ears are pointy.

Arcturus: (observing his features) it's not the weirdest thing I've turned into so far, but it is a little strange. At least I can past for an elf.

Clara: you're not an elf. According to the rules here, you're a fairy.

Arcturus: ok, but speaking of the world. (Looks around the area) Clara, I thought you said we're on Aincrad, but this seems different. Different timeline?

Clara: only by a month since we've been here. However, this seems to be a different section of the world. Almost like a second version of it that's been merged with the previous one. Think, two versions of the same world co-existing.

Arcturus: how can there be two versions of the same world?

Clara: hold up, it seems like a couple of the natives are in trouble.

Arcturus looks by and sees two people in trouble from what looks like Soulless but more fairy like. One of the figures is dressed in black and holding a big sword, while the other is a girl with blonde hair tied in a pony tail, a green outfit, and a long sword.

Kirito (ALO)

Leafa

Arcturus: they can fly?

Clara: seems like it. But, if you run up a surface fast enough, you'll be able to run up it. Just remember to maintain the same velocity, otherwise you'll go splat.

Arcturus: (sarcasm) thanks for the confidence.

Narrator (dad): following the idea, Arc sprinted until he came up to a cliff and managed to sprint fast enough to launch himself all the way to the Soulless and knock it out of the sky.

Leafa: what was that?

Kirito: I think I know what. Let's land.

The two landed and the rest of the Soulless followed.

Arcturus: something's wrong.

Clara you're right. You weren't going as fast as you were before. You feeling ok?

Arcturus: yea, but-

Kirito: Arc?

Arcturus: (turns to face him) yes, do I know you?

Kirito: it's me Kirito.

Arcturus: I thought that was you. The black is kinda a dead give away. Let's finish these guys and then we'll talk.

Kirito: right!

The three took down the Soulless. During the fight, Arcturus really did noticed that he was slower than before. This began to concern him. Could it have been something from his fight with Cronos? Or something else? He'll figure it out after his conversation with his friends.

Leafa: those guys were tough. (Turns to Arc) but, thanks for your help. I'm Leafa.

Arcturus: Arcturus, but call me Arc for short.

Leafa: So, what's an Undine doing all the way out here?

Arcturus: I just landed here. Why, is this the wrong floor?

Leafa: Floor?

Arcturus: the game, how far have you guys gotten?

Kirito's Thoughts: he must be use to SAO. (Speaking) Arc, this is a different game. This is Alfheim Online, ALO.

Arcturus: oh. Sorry, I'm a bit of an idiot.

Clara: that's an understatement sometimes.

Arcturus: shut up.

???: you're Arcturus?

Narrator (dad): from Kirito's pocket, a little pixie popped out and landed on his shoulder.

Yui

Yui: mommy and daddy told me about you.

Arcturus: mommy? Daddy? Did I miss something, or did you had a child you didn't mention?

Kirito: no, no. This is Yui, she's an MPC. When I first found her, she called me Daddy, so it kinda stuck.

Arcturus: cool. I don't judge, and plus, I have one in my brain, so I guess that's cool.

Leafa: anyways, did you knew those monsters?

Arcturus: (nods) they're called Soulless. I ran into them before, but I thought they were gone. (Turns to Kirito) did they come back?

Kirito: (shakes no) after you left, things went back to normal. Leafa and I were on our way to the World Tree when they popped up again.

Leafa: they showed up a couple days ago. Some people are thinking they're either some form of new elf race, or part of the quest to the top of the tree. Me personally, something's not right with them.

Arcturus: you're right. Do you guys mind if I accompany you on your quest? The Soulless could come back, and sounds like you'll need help on this quest.

Kirito: sure! You might actually be a huge help to us.

Leafa: Yeah, especially with that lightning. I don't know anyone who could go that fast.

Arcturus was silent for a bit, and the others noticed that.

Kirito: is something wrong?

Arcturus: yeah. I'm not as fast as I was before. Sure, I can still run at super speed, but it's not as fast as it was before. It's almost like I'm running out of gas.

Kirito: (turns to Yui) what do you think, Yui?

Yui: he's right. His speed is ruffly lower by 65%. Although, he seems to be perfectly healthy.

Leafa starts thinking for a bit, and then has an idea in her head.

Leafa: Arc, have you tried your wings yet?

Arcturus: my what?

Leafa: everyone in ALO has them. Summon your wings, but don't use the controller.

Narrator (dad): on Arc's back, four blue wings appeared. Two large ones, and two small ones. Leafa then places a hand on his back to explain her idea.

Leafa: can you feel where my hand is touching you? (Arc nods yes) imagine you have virtual bones and muscles, spreading out into your wings. Then, try to move them.

Arcturus: virtual bones and muscles...

Just like that, the wings begin to flutter a bit.

Leafa: Yeah, just like that! (Wings fully expand) you got it!

Kirito: wait, Leafa, look.

She looked to where Kirito was pointing, and she could see hints of electricity going off. But, when Arc relaxed, the sparks stopped. This gave them an idea.

Kirito: ok, now try it again, but harder this time. And, when I say three, Leafa and I are going to give you a push, ok?

Arcturus: ok. (Takes a deep breath) here we go.

Arcturus then expands the wings harder. Just as they though, a little more blue lightning begins to crackle of them. Leafa and Kirito get into position and both get ready to push.

Kirito: one.

Leafa: two.

Kirito and Leafa: three!

(Cue Test Dive from How To Train Your Dragon)

Both push with all their force, and Arcturus suddenly launches like a rocket right into the sky. As blue lightning sprints into the sky, it leaves a huge amount of force and blow the trees back and causes the two to fall off their feet.

Kirito: holy c**p!

Leafa: what just happened?

Yui: he's flying.

The three then summon their wings and get high enough to try to find him.

Kirito: Arc!

Leafa: Arc, are you ok?

Yui: look!

The three then see blue lighting zooming throughout the sky. With Arc, he's surprised as to what happened.

Clara: now I get it! This portion of the world modified your powers to adapt to it. You're still fast, but can only use your true speed with your wings. Plus, you're flying.

Arcturus: I'm flying? (Long Pause but then breaks into a huge smile) I'm flying! WOOOOHOOOOO!

Arc flies all over the land, feeling free and alive. He gets close enough to the water to run his hand though, then sky writes his name in the clouds, and even goes high enough in the sky, drops back down, and resumes full speed.

Arcturus: I haven't felt this alive since I got my powers! I officially love this place!

Clara: (giggles a bit) you're like a little kid on Christmas. We should land and talk with the others. (Pauses) wait, you do know how to land, right?

Arcturus: nope, but first time for everything! Prepare for what will most likely be a crash landing.

Clara: wait, what?!

Going in at full speed, Arc crashes through the environment with enough for to actually break an entire bolder into pieces. He smashes a few trees as well, and creates a crater when he stopped. The three fairies managed to arrive to him check on him.

(End music here)

Kirito: are you ok?

Yui: you sustained a large amount of damage. I'm amazed you're health isn't fully depleted.

Arcturus's only answer was lying on his back to the ground and laughing as the others healed him.

Arcturus: that was awesome!

Clara: you're fricking crazy! We almost died from that.

Arcturus: (stands up) we didn't, though. Just a little practice with it and we can really have some fun with it!

Clara: (sigh) you're going to be the death of me.

Leafa: that was insane! I've never seen anyone go that fast before.

Arcturus: guess I'm a unique fairy.

Kirito: a fairy that turned into a jet.

Arcturus. Well, now that that's out of the way, let's head to the tree.

The group made their way though the land. They encountered a lot of Soulless and even a few rival fairies. As they went, it came to a point where Kirito and Leafa needed to rest. They decided that Leafa will log out first, and Arc and Kirito will watch out for any threats.

Arcturus: So, what happened after I left?

Kirito: we cleared the game. After we defeated the boss on Floor 75, we found out the leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath was really Akihiko Kayaba. I challenged him, and I barely won. After that, I was home again with my family.

Arcturus: that's good. (Beat) how are the others? I'm kinda surprised Asuna's not taking on a quest like this.

At the mention of the girl's name, Kirito looks a bit sadden. Arc sees this and becomes curious.

Arcturus: is she ok?

Kirito: (long pause) after we cleared the game, all but 300 of the survivors woke up. Of those 300, is Asuna. (Arc's eye's widen a bit) I didn't know what happened to her. And, I almost lost it, until I got an email from Agil. He found some pictures that a few players took from the World Tree. And, they found this.

Kirito shows Arc the photos. With Clara's help, Arc was able to identify the girl as Asuna.

Arcturus: and, you think that she's some how connected to this grand quest?

Kirito: I don't know. The weird thing is that after those pics were taken, the developers immediately made it where they couldn't try any of those tricks again. But it doesn't matter. This is my best lead to find Asuna. I have to get her back.

Arcturus: we will. I promise, we'll find a way. (Thoughts) if Asuna is there, then we have to get her back. Although, something about this quest is fishy. I'll have to ask Leafa about it.

Speaking of said person, she woke up and Kirito took his turn to log out. Leafa told him about the quest of ALO on the first race to make it to the top of the tree, will become a race of fairy that can fly for however long they wanted. As she's explaining, Arc grows more and more suspicious about the quest. Something wasn't right about the World Tree, and he needed to know what it is.

Leafa: (Notices the narrowed expression on Arc) are you ok, Arc?

Arcturus: (looks at the tree) yeah, it's just, something isn't right here. (Turns to Yui) Yui, is there a terminal nearby I can use?

Yui: yes. There's one a little ways from us. Why?

Arcturus: I have a hunch on something, but I need some help to prove it. Stay here, I'll be back soon.

Narrator (dad): the boy ran to a computer in a rock. He pulls out a pug from his glove and has Clara control it.

Arcturus: can you hack the system without being detected, Clara?

Clara: being that we're not from here, it'll be like I don't even exist.

Arcturus: access everything you can on the game, including on whose behind all of this.

Clara: will do. It'll take a while, I'll let you know when I'm done.

Leafa: Arc! (Arc turns to see her and Kirito meet up with him) we're ready to go if you are.

Arcturus: alright, let's head over to the tree.

The group flew (more like Kirito, Leafa and Yui held on for dear life as Arcturus went full speed) to the World Tree. He landed at the steps of the tree, with a more controlled landing.

Clara: nice on the landing this time.

Arcturus: thanks. So, how do we get inside?

Narrator (dad): Yui then popped out of Kirito's pocket and looked up to the sky.

Kirito: Yui, what's up?

Yui: mommy's here.

Kirito: (eyes widen) are you sure?!

Yui: I scanned the tree, and I found her ID. It's right above us.

Without a second thought, Kirito dashed into the challenge room. Arcturus was about to go after him, but Soulless suddenly surround him and Leafa. Both brought their weapons out and began to fight.

Leafa: (slashes a Soulless) we have to hurry! Kirito won't last long in the challenge.

Arcturus: (casts blizzard magic) I have an idea. Sylph Air Strike!

The two then used a limit break that caused the two to fly into the air and unleash a missile barrage on the Soulless. Leafa then chanted a spell that allowed her and Arc to release a series of green energy strikes that caused the enemies to explode on impact.

When the Soulless were gone, Leafa and Arc quickly made in the challenge room. Inside, was a massive room filled with CPUs that kept spawning more and more.

Arcturus: Jesus! This isn't a challenge, this is an extermination! Kirito! Kirito, where the hell are you?!

Leafa: Arc, he's been killed. See that purple flame?

The looks in the direction she's pointing at, and sure enough, a small purple flame lies at the center of the room.

Leafa: it's Kirito. Grab him and let's get out of here.

Arc quickly grabbed it, then Leafa, and ran out of the room. Once outside, the doors closed and now wait for the next person to try the quest.

Arcturus: I've heard of developers making challenges hard, but that was ridiculously insane.

Leafa: Yeah. This game has been out for a while, and we haven't even gotten close to passing them. (Beat) let me see the flame.

Arc hands over the flame and Leafa uses a revival magic that brought him back.

Kirito: thanks guys.

Leafa: what were-

Kirito: promise me you won't do that again. I can do this on my own, an I don't want to cause either of you any trouble. I'm heading back.

Narrator (dad): he was about to go back, when Arcturus suddenly stood in front of him with his arms crossed and a serious expression on his face.

Arcturus: no you're not. If you go back there, you'll get killed again. We need a plan, and trying to get pass them head on won't work.

Leafa: he's right. If we wait for the invading party, then we'll at least stand a chance.

Kirito: I can't wait that long! I'm going.

Arcturus: alright. Get pass me.

Kirito: what?

Arcturus: if you can get pass me, then you can beat the challenge.

So, he tried to get pass, but even without his speed, Arc pushed him back. This became a routine for 10 seconds on Arc saying 'again' every time, and Kirito getting more and more frustrated until he finally snapped.

Arcturus: again!

Kirito: stop it!

Arcturus then side stepped as Kirito goes in for a punch. He almost falls on the ground, but Arc grabs the collar of his coat and pulls him back up.

Arcturus: you're angry and desperate, and that's what's going to get you killed. So, right now, you are not ready.

Leafa: guys, please just stop! (Both look at her) can't you just go back to how you were?... I just... you both mean so much to me...

Kirito: I'm sorry, Leafa, but if I don't get up there, nothing will end. I have to see her again... just once... I have to see Asuna again.

Leafa: (shocked expression) w-what did you say?

Kirito: her name's Asuna. She's the one I'm looking for.

Arcturus: and the one that'd tell you to think this through. (Sigh) look, I get it. You miss her, and you want her to wake up. I may not have known her for long, but I know that she wouldn't want you to push yourself like this. If we're gonna get up there, you need to think smarter, not harder.

Leafa: bu-but then you're... (covers her mouth with both hands) oh my god...

Arcturus was now concerned for Leafa. He may not be in a relationship, but he recognizes a heartbroken expression when he sees one.

Arcturus: Leafa, you ok?

Leafa: is that you...Kazuto?

Arcturus: (looks at Kirito) your real name is Kazuto?

Kirito: (eyes widen a bit in realization) Sugu? Suguha?

Leafa: I-I have to go!

Kirito: wait, Sugu.

Too late. The girl had pulled down her menu and logged off. Now, Arcturus was confused as to what happened

Arcturus: you know her?

Kirito: do yo remember when I told you I have a sister?

Arcturus: yes.

Kirito: that was her. I didn't expect to see her here. She's always hated games, so it doesn't make sense.

Arcturus: there's more to it. The look on her face, it was like she just got her heart broken.

Kirito: I have to go she her. Don't start the quest until I get back.

He logs off, and now Arc's alone. Clara then materializes beside him and she looks worried.

Clara: what do you think happened between them?

Arcturus: I don't know, but it's looks personal. I just hope they're ok. (Beat) any-who, did you find something?

Clara: as a matter of fact, I found a lot of something. The World Tree is suppose to have a city at the top, and once you get past the enemies, you enter a doorway that takes you there. But, here's the interesting thing, there's no city at the top, and the doorway is made to make sure no one goes beyond it.

Arcturus: what? I knew it. It all bulls**t. But, if the quest is one big hoax, then what's up there that someone wants to make sure we don't find?

Clara: there's a secret room in the tree that has over 300 servers connected. They have the sleeping SAO players.

Arcturus: go on.

Clara: the tech they're working on is designed to control the human soul. They haven't completed it, but if they succeed, they'll have control of people's emotions and memories.

Arcturus: whose running the project?

Clara: a man named Sugou Nobuyuki. According to records, he was a rival to Akihiko Kayaba, and when SAO was cleared, he copied the servers of the game and created ALO.

Arcturus: send all this to the police. I think Mr. Nobuyuki has a lot to answer for.

Clara: already on it. In the meantime, I think your friends are about to do something they'll regret.

Arcturus: what?

Clara point up to the sky, and they see that Kirito and Leafa were clashing blades. The fight suddenly changes when Leafa drops her sword begins to fall. Arcturus sees this and quickly flies up and catches her before she collapses.

Arcturus: you ok?

Leafa: (tears in her eyes) what are you doing?

Arcturus: I was going to ask you the same question. (Turns to Kirito) what are you two doing?

Kirito: (looks at Leafa) look, I wanted to apologize, but I didn't know how. So, I was going to throw the duel.

Leafa: you were?

Kirito: I'm sorry.

Leafa: (hugs Kirito and he returns it) I'm sorry too.

Kirito: I think my problem is... I haven't come back to the real world after SAO. And I can't come back until she wakes up. In a way, the game hasn't ended for me yet.

Leafa: Then I'll help you in anyway I can so you can come back to us in the real world.

Kirito: (smiles) thanks, Sugu.

Arcturus: I'm glad you guys are good, and I'll help you both. In fact, we need to start the quest.

Kirito: what about backup?

Arcturus: we'll meet them inside. Asuna and the rest of the SAO players are going to loose their free will from a madman. But I have an idea.

The group went back. The enemies weren't tough, but their numbers definitely made it a pain. Soulless had made their way inside, so the fight was harder. Luckily, the invasion team arrived to help even the odds.

Yui: we're almost through. We need to clear the last wave to create a gap to break free.

Leafa: how do we do that?

Kirito: Arc, you got anymore tricks up your sleeve?

Arcturus: you bet. (pulls out a summon charm) time to bring backup. Fresh Blood Sailor!

A bright light shines from the charm. When it fades, a girl with red and black hair appears. She has blue eyes with gears, a long red scissor blade, and a 'interesting' outfit with a strange eye. This was Ryuko Matoi.

Ryuko: Life Fiber Synchronize. Kamui Senketsu!

Arcturus: alright! Let's take them out!

The pair then began slashing the enemies as fast as they can. Arcturus then decided to use their final move.

Arcturus: Senketsu Senjin!

Ryuko: Senketsu Senjin!

Ryuko's outfit then gained spikes all over, turning her Kamui into a blade. Arc grabs her legs and spins her like a buzzsaw. After taking out a lot of baddies, they stop and change into a second form.

Arcturus: Senketsu Shippu!

Ryuko: Senketsu Shippu!

Her outfit then turn into a jet formation. Arc hopped on her back, pulled a thread and began to round up monsters while shooting any strays. When they're all rounded up, Ryuko reverts to her standard battle form and the two use one final attack.

Ryuko: scissor blade

Arcturus: Keyblade

Arcturus and Ryuko: Decapitation Mode!

Both blades extend larger and unleashed a powerful strike that caused the enemies to explode into shreds.

Arcturus and Ryuko: Finishing move: Sen-I-Soshitsu!

Arcturus: (fist bumps Ryuko) nice work.

Ryuko: (returns fist bump) no prob. Good luck kicking their asses.

She disappears in a light, and returns to her world. Arcturus quickly grabs Kirito and Leafa and begins to head to the door.

Kirito: you definitely have some crazy friends, Arc.

Arcturus: well, when you travel a lot, it's always nice to get allies. Yui, stay in Kirito's pocket, and hold on tight.

Leafa: what are you thinking? You said we can't go though it.

Arcturus: well, you know us gammers; we make our own ways.

Kirito: wait, you don't mean-

Arcturus: yep.

Kirito: are you crazy?!

Arcturus doesn't say anymore and flies right towards the door. Before he makes impact, he vibrates everyone and they all phase through the door.

*THE WORLD TREE*

The group collapses on the floor and assesses the fact that they're alive.

Leafa: that was weird.

Arcturus: I know. I never did it with multiple people.

Kirito: how did you know that would work?

Arcturus: I didn't. But I figured since it didn't really have a programmed way to open, how about making my own way into the tree?

Narrator (dad): The group stands up and sees that there is in fact no city at the top.

Kirito: you're right, Arc, there isn't a grand quest.

Leafa: but I don't get it. Why make such a big deal about it if it was all just a lie?

Arcturus: to put everyone on a wild goose chase and keep us from learning what's really going on.

Yui: we'll worry about that later. We have to find mommy.

Kirito: can you locate her?

Yui: give me a moment. (Closes her eyes then opens them and starts flying forward) this way.

The group climbed the tree, until they found a large bird cage. Inside, was Asuna. She's wearing a dress and has long ears and white wings, but Arc still recognizes her. Using his blade, he fires a beam of light at the door, disabling the field around it and freeing her.

Yui: Mommy!

Asuna: (turns to face the and gasps)

Yui: (turns to her normal form) Mommy! Mommy!

Asuna: Yui! (Hugs her) Yui...

Yui: Mommy...

Asuna: (notices Kirito) Kirito...

Kirito: (hugs both of them) Asuna... sorry I took so long

Arcturus: (smiles) wow, we do most of the work, and don't even get acknowledged?

Leafa: (smiles) typical.

Asuna: (Breaks the hug) A-Arcturus? Is that you?

Arcturus: I may have blue hair and the ears of an elf, but it's me. (Gestures to Leafa) and this is Leafa.

Leafa: (smiles) I'm Kirito's sister. Thank you for looking after my brother in SAO

Asuna: you're welcome, (looks back at Arc) but why are you here?

Arcturus: when I heard that you might be in trouble, I knew I had to help. Plus, with the Soulless back, I figured your boyfriend would need help.

Asuna: (hugs Arc) thank you. (Looks at everyone) thank you all.

Kirito: you ready to head home? (Asuna nods) hey Yui, can you log Asuna out from here?

Yui: I can't. Her status is locked by a complicated code that I don't have access to. We need to find a system console to bypass.

Asuna: I saw one in the laboratory!

All the sudden, Kirito and Asuna started fading, and a dark fire ball was fired towards them. Arc quickly reacts by shielding Yui from the projectile.

Leafa: Arc! Yui! Are you guys ok?

Arcturus: (casts Cura) Yeah. Yui, you ok?

Yui: I'm find. Thank you, Arc. But, where's mommy and daddy?

Leafa: Kazuto! Asuna!

Arcturus: where'd they go?

???: would you look at that, went through so much trouble to get a happy couple reunited, only to see them gone.

The trio turns around and sees a boy with black spiky hair, yellow eyes, a strange silver chin piece, and a red and black body suit. This was Vanitas.

Vanitas

Vanitas: well, at least it's better than Twilight.

Arcturus: who the hell are you?

Vanitas: the name's Vanitas. Cronos says hi by the way.

Arcturus: you're working with him?!

Vanitas: he and I go way back. But, we're not talking about him, we're talking about you. You see, I was sent here to see how much this world has change, and I admit, it has potential. When SAO was first created, Kayaba was actually sadistic enough to have people killed here. Then, their souls became trapped in the digital world, and the Soulless found and turned them into their kind. But, you stopped them when you sealed the keyhole.

Leafa: if that's true, then why are they here now, you freak?

Vanitas: you can thank Suguo, or Oberon whoever the a**hole wants to be called, for bringing them. When he copied the severs of the original game, he actually brought all the players and Soulless trapped in there. Granted, those souls weren't strong enough at the time, but with a little bit of darkness, they returned to power. Plus, even with the keyhole sealed, there's cracks inside, and they used those cracks to break free.

Arcturus finally had enough. He summons his blade, charges forward, strikes... only to see Vanitas teleported to the other side of the tree.

Arcturus: what the?

Vanitas: even with all that speed, you can even strike me. Now, that's just sad.

Arcturus: how did he teleport?

Clara: it has to be his connection to darkness. He may not have any traces of the Speed Force, but his darkness is just as strong as Cronos's

Leafa: ok, Vanitas, what did you do to my brother and Asuna?

Vanitas: (laughs) I didn't do anything. You want to complain about it, take it up to tech support. (Teleported again) though, between you and me, this whole plan is really pathetic. (Teleported again) I mean, the guy is on the brink of human control, and he can't even get a girl properly, so he forces her in a coma and tries to get her in a video game. (Constantly teleporting while talking until he's in front of Leafa) that's even sadder than anything else.

Arcturus: stop teleporting all over the place! What exactly do you want?

Vanitas: I want many things. (summons Void Gear) for instance, my brothers dead, darkness spread to all worlds, and to tell you to keep destroying as many Soulless as you can get.

Yui: Arcturus, something's happening.

The boy then sees that Kirito and Asuna were returning back, only now with another dude. It was Oberon, only now it looks like he's missing a hand and screaming in pain.

Arcturus: (notices Asuna) what happened to you?

Kirito: (quickly whispers what happened)

Arcturus: (wide eyed) are you serious?! (Kirito nods and now Arc looks at Oberon with hatred) oh you MOTHER APE A**!

Vanitas: yep, definitely the same Speedster. Even talks like him. Anyways, Oberon, I think your time is up.

He then points Void Gear at him and Oberon turns into a Soulless after getting burned to a crisp. While this is happening, a dark corridor opens and Vanitas begins to walk backwards.

Vanitas: we'll meet again, Arcturus, but not in this timeline. (Enters corridor as it closes)

Arcturus: what was he talking about?

Leafa: figure it out later. We got bigger problems.

Sure enough, the group was facing against a Soulless Oberon (which is basically him but with gray skin, dark eyes, and the Soulless symbol on his chest).

Kirito: Yui, look after Asuna. Leafa, Arcturus and will take care of Sugou.

Yui: you can count on me, daddy.

Asuna: be careful, guys.

Leafa: don't worry, we got this.

The trio then attacked. They managed to weaken its health with Limit Breaks and summons from Spyro and Ryuko, but they needed a push to take it down. Arcturus kept striking until his Drive gauge was full again.

Arcturus: you think now would be a good time to tryout the new power?

Clara: considering what he did to Asuna, break him!

Arcturus: (twists the wristband on the gauntlet) DRIVE FORM, KNIGHT!

Arcturus then started be surrounded by red energy. From the ground, a Phoenix rose up, spread its wings and released a powerful call that shook the earth. The beast then closed its wings around Arc. When the light faded, his outfit was now bright red with patches of black and gray, a second Keyblade in his left hand (a/n: reader can choose which Keyblade we have so far), and his right eye changed red with a crown symbol as the pupil.

(A/N: this will give you a basic idea on what the Phoenix looks like)

Arcturus: woah. So, this is the Drive Forms. I like it!

Clara: alright Arc, let's see what these powers can do.

He then dashed towards Oberon with both blades ready to strike. After giving a few strikes, his Keyblades changed forms and unleashed new attacks. When those were down, he triggered the form's final change.

Arcturus: Blazing Whirlwinds!

The weapons then turned into chain whips that had crimson spear heads at the end with a silver outline. (A/N: the spears are the same as Xion's weapons in her final form from 358/2 Days)

He started spinning the chains, creating powerful firestorms that left burn marks on the ground that would damage nearby enemies.

Oberon: this isn't possible! I am this world's god! You cannot treat me this way!

Arcturus: I've never met gods, but you're definitely not one of them. (Slash) that's for what you did to Asuna, (slash) that's for kidnaping a bunch of people, (slash) that's because I enjoy this, (slash) that's for making me love you, (slash) that's for making me hate you, (slash) that's for never taking us to the prom. And finally...

Arcturus then slammed both chains on him, creating a mentor strike. Then, what ever remained of the moron, Arc grabs him by the hair and tosses him up. Kirito and Leafa then point their swords up and stabbed Oberon right in the face.

Arcturus: that's because they deserve to take you out for making a stupid challenge, that didn't even had a cool boss fight. (Returns to normal form) man, that took a lot out of me.

Kirito: no kidding. What the hell was that?

Arcturus: it's a new power I picked up. Drive Forms.

Leafa: why didn't you used that in the quest?

Arcturus: this was my first time using it, so I didn't know what would happen.

Kirito: well, you definitely gave quite the show.

Arcturus: (runs to Asuna and puts his jacket on her shoulders) you ok?

Asuna: (nods yes) thank you, Arc. I hope we can meet in the real world.

Arcturus: me too. Well, (places his hand on her wrist) time to wake up. And, don't worry about Sugou. I've already sent everything to the police. They'll deal with him.

Narrator (dad): a few days had passed, and things returned to normal. Arcturus was now meeting the three friends to talk about what happened.

Arcturus: (sees Asuna's new form) blue's a good color for you.

Asuna: thanks.

Arcturus: So, how's adjusting to life?

Kirito: it's slow, but things are looking good. Sugou was sent to prison for what he did. But, strangely, after that he just dropped dead.

Arcturus: did they say what happened?

Kirito: no. The only thing they said was that it was like his brain was scrambled from something.

Arcturus: weird. So, what are you guys gonna do now?

Leafa: Kirito brought Aincrad back. And, we're gonna help him clear all the levels.

Arcturus: I wish I could tag along, but there's more work for me to do.

Asuna: we understand, but thank you again for helping us.

Yui: it great to meet you, Arc.

Leafa: yeah. I still think you're a little crazy, but that's a good thing. (Arc laughs at that)

Kirito: and like we said before; you ever need a hand, we'll be there.

Arcturus: same here. Take care you guys.

With final goodbye, Arcturus flew up into the sky, enjoying the last few moments of flight before going to the next world.

*REMANT*

On a different world, Cronos is walking through a dark land filled with horrific monsters called the Grimm. The creatures keep their distance from him, for even they are terrified of his presence. The Dark Speedster continued to walk until he sees a woman in front of him.

Cronos: honey, I'm home.

The woman turns to face him. She has pale white skin with crimson veins showing, a black dress, and black eyes with red irises. This was Salem

Salem

Salem: I've been expecting you, Cronos. (Gives and evil grin) how I have waited to meet you, my child.

Even though he's wearing a helmet, Salem could tell that Cronos was smirking underneath.

Author's note: this turned out longer than I thought.
Arcturus's Drive Forms will basically be like a combination of KH2, KH3, and Akame Ga Kill with the Incursio and Grand Chariot transformations.
You, as the reader, can choose with Keyblade combo for each form. When the special happen will first be like KH3 where certain keyblades will change into different weapons. Then, the final attack will be a specific weapon for those forms, meaning which ever combo you've chosen, the final weapon will be the same. The eye change was something I thought would be like a cool effect of the forms.
Ryuko finally showed up. The next summon I plan will be Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers.
Hopefully I did good on the connections with the characters. I didn't include some of the scenes with Kirito and Leafa, because they pretty much would've been the same as the anime.
After the flight form, Arc now has gained Glide. The flying idea was something I thought 'if he can fun faster than the speed of sound, what would happened if he flew faster than a jet?' And the HTTYD music fits the scene.
Vanitas will return in the future. He is connected to Cronos, so he'll definitely be in that chapter.
The fight with Oberon is a reference to the Deadpool game. I just added that for humor.
Salem knows Cronos. They'll get a few scenes throughout the second act, and she'll be in his origin chapter.

Next chapter: a galaxy far far away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 103 34
Set after the events of KH3: DW. Our Guardians of Light are back! After some time of searching, our heroes have a new lead on where Sora might be. H...
88.5K 2.8K 200
This story was inspired by something that I read on Fanfiction.net by Nan the Keyblade Master. It gave me some cool ideas to use, and well, I feel li...
188 0 15
Darcey, Faith, Jiminy, Twitchy, Donald & Goofy wake up one year later after Chain of Memories in another world called Twilight Town where she gets a...
35.6K 347 63
After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight against the new Organization XIII. With old...