The Delinquent and The Silent

By Emmie_Carmelo

A mute girl, Century, was living a cruel life in her guardian's custody. She was a victim of physical and men... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 43

1.5K 52 3
By Emmie_Carmelo

Two months went by so fast. School's done. I got pretty good marks and Luke too. I made sure of it.

Living with my dad's a challenge. He doesn't know how to cook. He just loves to work on his cars and he's planning to organize another race. He made sure I'm taken care of tho.

I pushed my cart towards the cashier. Looking at the groceries I got, it sure's a looot. We're having a party tonight.

After loading all the bags inside the G Wagon--my dad decided to give me it, I moved around to the driver's seat. Just as I start the engine, I saw a familiar face smoking nearby. Luke.

I shook my head. Always smoking. He's talking with Calista and he looks like he's not taking her seriously because Calista's face looked annoyed.

I gave them a last look before speeding out the parking area. It took me ten minutes to reach home. Dad's talking with Shaq about the race. They're finally doing it in that safe track Shaq owned.

"Hi kid. Got everything?" Dad asked helping me with the bags.

I nod.

"The boys are coming to help you"

Recently, Danny and Don are coming here often. Dad's used to their unannounced presence too and I think he likes them.

Gabby's coming too but most of the time he's visiting Ada in the other house. And Luke, we'll he's never here. I heard Uncle Jin's making him work in one of their business. I'm always in touch with Luke's family.

"Cheers!" Danny raised his glass. We mimicked. Loud upbeat music's blasting from the speakers.

Some of our schoolmates are here. Nic was here too with his mom. They just had to leave early because they're catching up with their flight. They got me a customized car seat for Ford. They know how much I love taking Ford with me.

I've been traveling with my dog for the past two weeks before I came home for my birthday. It's nice to have something for Ford's comfort in the car.

"Happy birthday, Cent!" My guests shouted and I laughed at them. Rowdy teenagers.

Chamelle pulled me aside. "Happy birthday. Here's my present" she handed a new camera. "That's great for vlogging hey"

My eyebrows met. "I don't even do vlogging."

Chamelle shrugged. "I got a feeling you will soon" she hugged me then joined my dad and Big Shaq in the dining area.

Meh. I took the camera anyways. I'll figure out when to use it.

"Nice cam" Don snatched it from me. Did I say he's into gadgets? He is.

He did some setup before he took a picture of me. "Smile" I did with my glass of wine up in my face.

He then left turn to take a picture of the whole event. Danny appeared in front of me with envelope in his hands.

"Ano yan?"

He grinned. "Present"

I rolled my eyes. I got enough present already. He pushed the envelope in my hands and took the glass I'm holding.

I opened his present and looked back at him to confirm he's not playing pranks on me.

"Happy birthday. Enjoy it. Canada's a nice place"

He got me plane ticket.

"I got one more"

I looked at him expectantly. He pointed behind me. I turned around to see... Galaxy.
She's almost about to cry and I rushed to pick her up. She hugged me tight.

I'm surprised. I already called them to invite them over pero Aunt Jenna said they're out of town. They promised to make it up for me.

"Luke dropped her earlier. He'll come back later to get her. He's just dealing with something"

I miss Luke.

I grabbed Galaxy food and we walked up to my dad for him to see her. My dad likes kids. He's even supporting an organization that are raising abandoned children.

Dad carried Galaxy and surprisingly, the baby didn't cry. She likes being carried by my dad so I left the dining area to get to some friends.

I stayed with them until they bid goodbye. Danny and Don are the only ones left. We're sitting by the pool talking bout racing of course. I learned they want to join the race my dad's planning.

Aside from Danny and Don, Big Shaq and Chamelle are still here too. They're still talking with my dad in the dining area for hours now.

"So what's next for you, Cent?"

I scratched my head. "I dunno. Have a break again maybe? I'll be traveling again soon"

For that past two weeks, I've been to Cebu and Siargao. I enjoyed travelling with Ford. I even posted some pictures online and funny how the guys found my account. They've been flooding my Instagram notifications.

"Where next?"

"I'm thinking of Baguio"

"Ano meron sa Baguio?" Gabby asked.

We all looked at Gabby and Ada. The latecomers.

"Tapos na party. Makaka-alis na uli kayo" Danny said. He's laughing tho.

I got up and lead them to the long table in the garden. There are still lots of food left.
"Thanks for coming guys"

"Happy birthday"

I nod. "Kain na kayo" I pointed at the table.

I then rushed back inside the house when I heard Galaxy crying. My dad looked relieved when he saw me rushing in. "Inaantok na yata"

I carried Galaxy up in my room. I let her sleep in my bed. Mukhang mamaya pa darating si Luke. I stayed with Galaxy until she finally decided to sleep pero mukhang nakatulog din ako.

I woke up when someone's shaking my shoulders. I glanced up at Luke.

"Sorry. I'm here to take Galaxy home" he whispered.

I hopped out of bed and let him carry Galaxy. We then walked downstairs and reach his car in front of the house. Danny's car's parked behind him.

"Bye Cent. Thanks for the food" Don said. He's in the passenger's side of Danny's car. I gave him a thumbs up.

"Thanks for coming"

Gabby and Ada are in one car too, Gabby's. They waving bye. I did the same.

Finally I looked at Luke. I'm not even sure kung kumain siya. He closed his car's door after securing Galaxy in her seat.

"Antayin mo ko. May kukunin lang ako sa loob"

"Ayt" Luke said before I went back inside to packed food for him.
I rushed outside carrying three big containers. I noticed wala na sasakyan nina Danny and Gabby. Si Luke na lang naiwan.

"For you"

He smiled. "Thanks"

"How are you?"

Ive never talked to him again after that serious talk we had. Sure I see him around sometimes but we don't really talk.

He shrugged. "Working for my dad"

I smiled. "Good for you"

He twisted his lips. "It's kinda boring tho"

I tapped his arm. "You'll get through it"

He looked at me. "Happy birthday"

"Thank you"

He then pulled me into a hug. "Alagaan mo sarili mo" he whispered. "I'm happy to see you having fun. Cebu and Siargao, yiee"

He then pulled away to peck my lips. I glared at him playfully.

He grinned. "What? I missed you"

I can't help but smile at him.

"See you around, love" He gave me one last look before they left.

I went back in my room to see a present wrapped in silver paper. I picked up the card to check who's it from. I smiled when I saw Luke's name.

He got me a simple silver bracelet.

His note says "take care of it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6M 1M 72
He's a 29-year-old mayor of the town and she's a 19-year-old orphaned student. Jackson became Frantiska's legal guardian before anything else. Their...
104K 3.4K 46
A mute girl, Century, was living a cruel life in her guardian's custody. She was a victim of physical and mental abuse. That changed when she returne...
141M 5.4M 131
Masarap mapunta sa Section na may pagkaka-isa. Meron mang hnd pagkaka-unawaan, napag-uusapan naman. Panu kung mapunta ka sa Section na ikaw lang ang...