What I Want ✔

By AbiaGeorge

*****CURRENTLY EDITING***** Aubrey Evans is married to the love of her life,Haden Vanderbilt. However, Haden... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

52.3K 1.2K 285
By AbiaGeorge

Aubrey

My eyes fluttered open to reveal Haden sitting next to me.

The memories of last night came flooding into my mind. My face instantly flushed at the thought of me begging him to stay.

He looked rather uncomfortable sitting on that chair.

I took a minute to observe his features. His long lashes fanned over his face and he wore pink pouty lips as he slept. As if noticing my gaze his eyes snapped open.

I looked away from him, a crimson blush covering my face.

"Good Morning," I greeted.

"Morning."

"Thanks for um, staying the night," I smiled and his eyes softened for a moment.

"I didn't do it for you Aubrey. I did it because if I didn't stay you would have kept crying and disturb me from my sleep," his words stabbed me.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry when he insults me. I'm better than that.

"Okay, I understand."

He paused for a moment then left my room.

Why is he so bipolar? Yeesh, it's annoying.

I jumped into the shower and took a nice refreshing bath. After brushing my teeth, I changed into some shorts and a tank top. I'm sure Haden already went to work.

The thing is, I don't want to be home alone considering what happened yesterday.

I decided to call my sister maybe she would bring the kids over.

She answered the phone instantly.

"Aubreyyyyy!" She screamed and I giggled.

"What's up Emma?"

"I'm good. I haven't heard from or seen you since the wedding."

"I'm sorry. I know I should have called."

"Its fine. But how is that sexy husband of yours doing. Are you both getting along?" She laughed. I could tell she was wiggling her eyebrows. And her words held double meaning.

"We're both good and yes we are getting along."

"I heard that you guys didn't go on a honeymoon," She stated.

"Yes, I wasn't feeling well so we just put it off."

Emma and I chatted for a few more minutes. She settled for coming over this Saturday with the kids because she already had a busy day ahead of her.

Talking with Emma made me feel a whole lot better.

I was tired of watching television so I decided to go to take some fresh air at the park.

The weather outside was cool, it was early October and the air was now beginning to become chilly.

I wore a black camisole, matched with a cream cardigan, ripped jeans and black suede heels. After brushing my hair to a smooth sheen, I playfully pinned it up into a chic messy bun. With my favorite sunglasses as the final touch, I was ready to go.

Taking a final glance at myself and grabbing my purse, I made my way to the garage. This is actually the first time I've been down here. Haden sure has a lot of cars. It ranged from different types of Benz to Toyota cars. This is so amazing.

However, I settled for a white Chevrolet.

I arrived at the park about 15 minutes later. It was quiet and barely had people as it usually does. There were two teenage boys skateboarding and a young girl and a child.

I sat on a swing and gently pushed myself. This reminded me of when my parents use to take my sister and I to the park when we were younger. We had picnics almost every week. But as we grew older, the less time we spent together.

My thoughts were distracted when I felt a small hand on my lap. I looked down and saw a little girl smiling at me.

"Hi."

"Hello," I greeted her with a warm smile. She was undeniably adorable. Her short dark brown hair framed her face, accentuating her huge chocolate brown eyes that sparkled with innocence and wonder. Her pink lips formed a sweet little smile that could brighten anyone's day.

"Can I have an ice cuh-weem?" She asked, as her huge brown eyes looked up at me, awaiting my answer.

"Amanda. What did I tell you about asking strangers for things? That is rude." A girl said as she strode up to us.

"I'm sorry," I said, understanding the girl's concern. "It's alright, I'll take care of it. What flavor would you like, sweetheart?" I asked Amanda, wanting to make her smile despite the misunderstanding.

Amanda's eyes lit up with joy, and she replied, "Strawbewwy, pwease!"

"Fine but only this once. I'm sorry about her." The girl apologized.

"Its okay. She's just so cute," I cooed.

"Well she uses that cuteness to get what she wants," the girl laughed.

I walked over to the ice cream stall and ordered three ice creams for us.

The girl and I sat on the park bench while Amanda hopped around and licked her ice cream.

"I didn't catch your name. I'm Kelly," she smiled.

"I'm Aubrey."

"Is Amanda your daughter?" I questioned and she look down.

"Yes, I had her when I was fifteen. I'm nineteen now." She sighed.

"She's adorable. She's got your eyes." I smiled.

"Thank you. Amanda means the world to me. Her father stuck around for two months after she was born then left me to take care of her by myself. My mom helped me a lot during that time. I haven't seen him since. He's such a jerk. Amanda always asks for him and sometimes I don't know what to tell her. Sorry if I'm talking to much. You don't even know me like that." She chuckled awkwardly.

"Its fine. Hey, it's better to vent to a stranger, it makes you feel more comfortable to express yourself. He is wrong for leaving you. You and Amanda don't deserve that."

"I know but there's nothing I can do about it now. Last time I heard from my friends is that he went a university out of the state. He was two years older than me. So I suppose he is almost done with university by now."

"Maybe you should look for him sometime," I suggested.

"Maybe. I don't know if he wants to see me."

"Well how would you know if you don't try. He probably changed and if he's still a jerk then that's his loss. But he's Amanda's dad and he needs to be a part of her life."

"Thanks a lot for the advice Aubrey. It means a lot to me."

"You're welcome."

"Well I should take Amanda home."

We exchanged numbers and shortly after Kelly left with Amanda.

I stayed a couple more minutes at the park then drove to Little Caesar's Pizzeria.

I bought a family sized pizza for Haden and I to share with some fries and drinks.

I had finished packing my stuff in the car when I heard a very familiar voice. Ugh, what is he doing here? I mean it's a free place for all but still, him of all people. You've got to be kidding me.

"Hey Aubrey,"  I spun around and came face to face with Anthony, my ex boy friend.

"Anthony," I acknowledged him.

"Wow you look hot. If you had dressed like that when we were together then we might not have broken up," He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"If you weren't such a pig we might not have broken up. You were so possessive and demanding. You never listened to anything I had to say," I yelled.

Anthony and I dated through high school when I was trying to get over my crush on Haden.

"That's not true babe," he laughed.

"Whatever. I have no time for you Anthony," I rolled my eyes as I got into my car.

"Don't worry. We'll meet again Aubrey," he smirked as I started the car and drove away.

I changed into something comfortable. Haden should be home any minute now. I was hoping we could eat together.

An hour passed and Haden still hadn't shown up. I ate alone and put away Haden's share in the kitchen.

Shortly after, I heard the door open. Haden was finally home but once again he wasn't alone.

Next to him stood a striking redhead. She wore a short, skimpy black dress that clung to her figure, paired with black pumps that accentuated her legs. Her face was heavily caked in makeup, giving her a dramatic appearance. As our eyes met, I could sense a look of disdain and disgust directed my way.

Bold of her to be acting like that in my house!

"Haden, who is she?" My voice cracked and I was on the verge of tears.

"I told you not to meddle in my business. You have your life and I have mine."

"But this is going against our marriage vows," I was not letting him walk all over me again.

"I had no say in that wedding Aubrey and quite frankly I don't care what you have to say. I can have my way with as many women as I like."

"Haden please don't do this."

"What about Ivory?" He paused for a moment as if contemplating his thoughts.

"What would she think? You claimed to love her. You're disrespecting me too by doing this. I'm your wife."

He ignored me as he climbed the stairs never once letting go of that woman.

I spent the rest of the night unable to sleep and hearing the sounds that came from Haden's room made me feel even worse.

Their moans penetrated my brain and I couldn't help but break down in tears.

And sadly he continued doing the same thing for the following nights. Never once apologizing or paying attention to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
276K 10.9K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
331K 8K 21
Ivory Nevaeh Rose Evans is just turning 19 years old and is out enjoying herself with best friend - Talia - not having a care in the world. Thoughtou...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...