Aftertaste | J.JK

By Kuribee126

Elle has been forbidden to go outside for her entire life, because of a sickness that will kill her if she do... More

AFTERTASTE | J.JK
My Second Contact
His Favorite Scent
The Seven Vampires
The Two Sides of Maknae
His Nature
The Taste of You
Eyes of a Vampire
The Final Door
What I Don't Understand
Are You
The Blood Hour
Shatter Him
Precious to Me
Seventeen Years
Don't Be Afraid
Miss 69 Degrees
She Is Mine
Where You Are
We Are The Contest
What We Ever Imagined
Dawn To Morning
My Life For Theirs
As Captives
Taking Risks and Chances
I Love You
Her Gift
Vampire Side
Confirming Not Asking
Just Seconds
The Blood Of Lavender
Two Flowers
Epilogue

Rosie The Daisy

875 61 9
By Kuribee126

"Uh— why is Tae talking to the daisy?"

My eyes slit in confusion as I point at the vampire crouched in front of the flower pot. Jungkook glances over at my comment, a short laugh escaping his lips when he does.

"It's V hyung."

Was that supposed to explain anything?

"I finally figured out why the sky is blue!" Taehyung exclaims, his lips drawn into a boxy smile as he waves at the motionless flower.

"You know, because the sea is blue, right? And then the sky saw that it was blue, and it didn't want it to be lonely all by itself. So that's why it decided to be its friend by being blue too! So they're both blue friends!"

"@&₩&!"

An unholy word suddenly rings out from the direction of the kitchen, and I whip around to see Namjoon holding a Kumamon doll.

Or to be more precise, he's holding the doll's head in one hand and its body in the other.

"Hyung!" Jungkook roars, his eyes wide and panicked. "That's Yoongi hyung's favorite!"

"I swear I literally just picked it up to move it," Namjoon mumbles, looking close to tears as his eyes rapidly glance back and forth from the torn doll to Yoongi's room.

"Couldn't we go buy a new one?" I pipe up, patting Namjoon's back in consolation. "If were quick, he might not even notice."

"You're a genius!" He exclaims as he hurriedly discards the doll in the trash. And then he shakes a sleeping Jimin off the couch, his gaze always returning to Yoongi's closed door.

"What in the world...?" Jimin mumbles as he lazily rolls off the couch, his full lips pinched together. Fully clad in blue pajamas, he blinks confusedly as Namjoon speaks in rapid fire.

"JiminieyouneedtodistractYoongihyungwhileIgobyanothrrKumamondollyouknowtheone—"

"Hyung, chill out!" Jimin exclaims as he rubs the sleep off of his hooded eyes. "So what happened?"

"I broke the Kumamon!"

Jimin's lips split into a devilish smile as he rolls back onto the couch, pulling up a blanket up to his neck.

"Not my problem~"

"Park Jimin!"

"Fine," The younger man sighs, nodding assent. "I'll distract hyung so you better come back quick. Don't break stuff on the way."

__________________________

Twenty minutes has passed, and Namjoon still hasn't come back.

And he can teleport.

"Does it usually take this long to buy a Kumamon?" Jimin whispers, his eyes wild and worried as it flashes to Yoongi's door. "I think I heard him yawning."

"He's awake," Jungkook says, shrugging his shoulders as he watches the closed door attentively. "At least we won't get in trouble for breaking it."

True to Jungkook's words, the door swings open, revealing a disoriented Yoongi. It's probably been days since he's last seen the sun, with his windows always draped with dark sheets.

"Hi, Yoongi!" I greet, and he nods back. I'm desperately hoping that his half-shut eyes don't mean he'd come out to search for his Kumamon doll so he could hug it for his next hibernation.

"Oh my gosh!"

A masculine voice rings out from the other side of the room, and I quickly whip around, worried that Jin had burned down the oven again by trying to cook.

He was always trying new ways to make the blood tastier, and ninety nine times out of a hundred it ended up blowing up the kitchen.

But it turns out to be just Tae with his daisy, his eyes teary as he holds up a fallen petal from his precious flower. I shouldn't be laughing, but Jungkook already is, so I assume it's safe to do that as well.

"Hey!" Taehyung exclaims as Jimin cackles hard enough to fall off the second time off his couch. "It isn't funny! My flower's going to die! Look at the petal— it just fell off, and every petal is a day!"

"What are you— Beauty and the Beast?" Jimin giggles as he waves nonchalantly. "And relax— it's just one petal. It isn't going to mean that it's going to die."

Taehyung looks slightly calmed down after that but he still insists on giving the flower another cup of water as he moves it deeper into the windowsill.

"Uh, hyung—" Jimin laughs nervously when Yoongi looks around, clearly searching for his missing doll. "Do you want a blood packet or anything?"

"What are you doing, Jimin?" Yoongi says suspiciously as he lifts a pillow from the living room couch. "Why are you trying to do favors for me?"

Jungkook giggles against the crook of my neck as Jimin's face flushes. Now even Taehyung is watching the show unfold as a vampire desperately tries to come up with more excuses.

"And where's my Kumamon?!"

"That's the cue for us to leave," Jungkook suggests as he leads me into the room, his large hands gripping my shoulder. "You're not old enough to watch this, Elle."

"Hey— I want to see!" I exclaim when the air suddenly vibrates, and Namjoon appears with the exact Kumamon clutched preciously in his arms.

"I'm here— oh."

Jimin glares at the older man before shaking his head, slumping back onto the couch.

"Maknae!" He calls, and Jungkook looks at him curiously. "Maknae~ come here."

"What?" With a sigh, Jungkook releases my shoulders, leaving me free to keep watching with no distractions.

Jimin grins as he motions blindly at the open curtains, which are currently streaming sunlight. Jungkook frowns when he sees that Jimin can easily pull the curtains shut himself, but had still decided to order him around instead.

"Curtains, please~"

With one smooth motion, Jungkook flings the curtains shut, eyes still unreadable. And then a giggle escapes my lips when he throws the vampire over his shoulder.

The relaxed smile on Jimin's face dissipates in a second when Jungkook suspends him by the waist, a devilish grin on his angelic features.

"Yah— Jeon Jungkook! Let me down right now!"

"What did we say about ordering around the maknae, hyung?" Jungkook whispers, his grin growing even wider when Jimin tries desperately to reach his arm.

"Hey!"

A voice that's too much too deep to fit the owner's personality echoes through the air, and we all look at Taehyung in unison. He's looking at us with annoyed eyes, both hands wrapped around the daisy.

"Stop arguing, will you? What if Rosie hears something bad? Do you want her to learn bad things? Huh?"

"You... named a daisy Rosie?" Jimin says numbly, still sling over Jungkook's broad shoulders. "Rosie?"

"What's the matter with that?" Taehyung shoots back, when I purse my lips in terror. Yoongi instantly drops the pillow he'd been beating Namjoon up with, and Jungkook drops Jimin.

Who slams onto the floor.

Oh no.

Taehyung...

"Why are you guys all staring at me like that?" Taehyung huffs, looking at us weirdly. "I hope you guys are done arguing for the day."

And then his mouth parts in horror as he unclamps the hands he'd had around his precious little flower.

Precious, little, fragile flower.

____________________

What did I just write?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.1K 42
'"You thought you could run away? You thought you could escape? Hahah, never. You see, we need your, blood, your soul, so you better shut up." He his...
66.4K 2.2K 48
𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ◡̈ ⚠️ contains mature language, smut, blood, death, mention of suicide, et...
9K 419 18
Jungkook is a new vampire, pulled into the task of stopping a homicidal vampire on a spree up the coast. Being the only surviving victim he was trans...
105K 5.8K 57
Jimin is a vampire, abandoned by his parents and living amongst humans that don't know vampires exist. Growing up in an orphanage, occasionally...chi...