Delusions of the Innocent | ✓

By NamjoonBieber

Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a lov... More

[!]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[A/N]

[14]

9.1K 575 38
By NamjoonBieber

Amara's POV

"Okay, since we cleared the air about you having absolutely no feelings for me, can you help me get that girl?" Peter asks.

What a clueless, stupid boy. I couldn't crush on literally anyone else?!

"No." I don't want to get caught up in this.

"Come on! I need your womanly advice!" He pouts.

After giving it some thought, I reluctantly agree. "Okay, fine. Which one?"

His pouts work on me a little too well. It's almost dangerous.

"Yes!" He squeals like a child.

"That one. I mean, if I can score the pretty friend, that'd be extra points." He grins.

I look at him in puzzlement. "Wait, I'm confused. Which one am I helping you with? Do you mean you'd be okay with either one?"

"Oh, sweet, naive, Amara. I mean, I would like them to coexist or coincide with each other when they're with me." He smirks.

"What do you... Oh my God, Peter!" It suddenly hits me. "That's really messed up! How would the three of you even–this is absolute madness!" I sound like a scolding mother.

"My kinks are none of your business. You're only supposed to help me score." He frowns.

"Ugh, ew, gross. Okay." I shake my head to clear up my thoughts. "Do your normal Peter things, minus being asshole-y and you'll be set. Trust me, you're a much more likeable person when you leave out the douchebag part."

"Speaking from personal experience with me?" He asks.

"Yes, I am. Now, go!" I push him away.

During those few minutes, I would take glances and it seems like things are going well.

Dina catches my eyes and she points at her phone. I pick up my phone and there's a text from her.

Dina: what is he doing?

Me: I'm helping him impress those girls.

Dina: uh...

Me: will tell you in person!

Peter comes back with a smile of success on his face. There was a small disappoint in me that it worked. I wish that smile was for me...

Snap out of it, Amara!

"Guess what?" He beams.

"It worked." I smile back as much as I could.

"It sure did." He says.

"Which girl?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Both." He smirks.

"Oh my..." I can't believe it.

"Thanks, Amara. You get the credit for this one." He winks.

This, obviously, doesn't please me to the slightest. This success feels like a defeat for myself.

I sigh as we get back to doing work, maybe I should've just told him I have a crush on him. But every single he opens his mouth, I'm glad I never told him because it can't possibly lead to anything good.

• • •

Just like this, weeks go by, Peter has definitely stopped intense flirting with me, which should make me glad but here I am again, feeling like complete shit.

He does flirt with me here and there but it's the type of flirtation that you would do with a close friend as a tease.

Beena's relationship, on the other hand, has skyrocketed, Mash'Allah.

Munir finally asked her on a date and they've been going strong for weeks, which is a major win because Beena has never lasted with a guy for more than a couple of days. Whatever Munir's doing, has Beena head-over-heels.

The girls and I trust Munir so much because of how his stability has impacted Beena. She's started to act more responsible, cut down on the drinking and partying and just overall became less erratic.

We even let him take her to parties so we can stay behind at home and she comes back almost completely sober! Can you believe it? Beena coming back from a party completely sober?

The girls and I feel like a proud mother because of the immense improvement we've noticed in her.

Maybe the reason why she didn't improve with us is because we spoiled her like the princess she is. And Munir gives her the tug she needs.

"Guys! I know you trust Munir to take me to parties now but Daamir is having a party and he personally asked me to ask you guys to come." Beena says.

"If he wanted us, he should've invited us himself." There's a bit of an edge in Dina's voice.

There does seem to be some sort of a tension between those two in class. Dina said that Daamir has no sense of self-respect, I don't disagree. He reminds me a lot of Peter with his player ways.

"Dina's right. I would love to come along with you but since Daamir didn't ask us personally, it just feels weird." I agree.

"But all the times—" Beena begins but gets cut off by Zoya.

"All the other times, we crashed parties because we needed to watch you. At that time, it didn't matter if we were invited or not, you know?" Zoya says.

Zoya has also stopped going to parties. She attends from time to time with Beena but not as much as she used to.

"Done!" Beena says a few seconds later.

All of our phones get a text minutes after Beena says that... from the man himself.

"Hey! Make sure to tag along with Beena to my party! I would love to see you guys there." I read out loud.

"Dude really copy pasted it to us all. And let me guess, you gave him our numbers?" Zoya rolls her eyes.

I look at Dina and she's blushing.

"Looks like Dina recieved a special message from Mr. Zaki." I smirk.

Zoya grabs Dina's phone.

"Ya Allah! Zoya! Give it back!" Dina reaches for her phone but Zoya's taller.

"You cannot hide the tea from us! Beena! Catch!" Zoya throws the phone and Beena catches without fault.

"Oh, this is a long one." Beena clears her throat to read it out loud. "Hey, Dina. I really want you to come to the party. Give me a chance to explain myself. I know I've been a complete fucking asshole. I will get on my knees to beg for your forgiveness *winky face*."

All three of us squeal like children.

"Okay, wait let me finish." Beena clears her throat again. "You've driven me absolutely mad because I can't get those juicy lips of yours out of my head. Please give me a chance to explain at the party. I hope to see you and your wonderful friends there. Yours Truly, Your Foolish Prince."

By this point, Dina is hiding under a blanket and a bunch of pillows out of embarrassment.

"I can't stop screaming, oh my God!" I squeal even harder, not being able to contain my excitement over such a sappy text.

Zoya and Beena hug each other's arms out of pure cringe but also excitement.

"We are totally going to this party." I laugh.

"Ms. Dina needs to hear what her Foolish Prince has to say." Zoya teases.

"Guys, stop!" Dina groans out of more embarrassment.

I guess we're going to the party.

- - -

A/N: sorry for updating a whole two days late! Ugh I'm horrible. I'm just super duper busy!! 😭😭😭

Next Update: Monday, July 15, 2019

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 800 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
28.6K 1.6K 22
This is a spin off from My Hijab,Jake and I. Natasha Jackson was a wild party girl in her younger days..people drew their own conclusions about her b...
288K 18.7K 31
[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect word to describe Amara. She felt like she...
QAIS By

Romance

25.3K 1.9K 32
She was his mirage, a dream he could only chase. He was her living hell, a nightmare she could not escape. __________________________ Layla Mustafa i...