The Little Wolf

By BrinleyWalker

{Book 2 from the "Rise" saga} After the death of her father, Lilia Stark stays in the Capitol with her younge... More

{AUTHOR'S NOTE}
Chapter 1 | I could care less
Chapter 2 | The King's Tournament
Chapter 3 | I'm loyal to my King
Chapter 4 | Lyanna's Ghost
Chapter 5 | An oath to be kept
Chapter 6 | Lies over wine
Chapter 8 | The maiden's misery
Chapter 9 | The Mother's Pity
Chapter 10 | The brother's fury
Chapter 11 | Spark of hope
Chapter 12 | The fate of the Princess
Chapter 13 | Enthusiasm over dead Lannisters
Chapter 14 | Arianne Martell
Chapter 15 | Learn how to live
Chapter 16 | Bastards of Dorne
Chapter 17 | Dorne remembers
Chapter 18 | A squire's boldness
Chapter 19 | As stubborn as her owner
Chapter 20 | Discussions of the past
Chapter 21 | Unlikely alliance
Chapter 22 | Princess Snowflake
Chapter 23 | Tears and letters
Chapter 24 | Prayers
Chapter 25 | Fleeting
Chapter 26 | Torture
Chapter 27 | Plotting and Scheming
Chapter 28 | Crying for help
Chapter 29 | The Wolf and the Bastard
T H E E N D

Chapter 7 | The wolf's howl

2.3K 95 6
By BrinleyWalker

This chapter might contain sensitive mentioning of violence, so if you're sensitive to this type of narration, skip it and read only the part written in bold at the end. However, if you wish to read it, it's at your risk.

The morning after Lilia woke up to the sun on her face. Soon after Zoran arrived and started to get her ready for the day. After eating the food Zoran had also brought her from the kitchens, or a little bit of that food, Lilia decided to go for a walk. So, she decided to take a walk around the gardens. But then, as she walked past the throne room she heard screams, familiar screams.

She immediately stormed inside the throne room finding everybody looking at her sister, who was being beaten by Ser Merryn Trant at Joffrey's command, while he was watching as pleased as he usually would be when someone else was suffering. When seeing that, she wasn't sad. No, the time for being sad had been long gone. Now she was furious, she was angry.

"What is the meaning of this circus act?!" she said as she walked up to her sister. Joffrey looked shocked at Lilia's boldness. He knew she was wild but he never fully understood what that meant and he was just finding that out at that moment, and he wasn't liking it one bit. Lilia came for Ser Merryn then. "How dare you beat up an innocent lass?! The sister to the King in the North and your future Queen?"

"My Lady, you stand in the presence of your King, need I remind you of that? And your brother is nothing but a rebel and a traitor, just like your father and mother and the whole pack of traitors in this Kingdom" Joffrey asked delicately, yet threateningly. But Lilia wasn't worried about manipulating him or being discreet. One thing was tormenting her sister, but another thing was beating her up and that... that she wasn't going to allow. "Kneel"

"Release my sister" she commanded with hatred in her voice. Her soul was burning her body and all she wanted to do was put a sword to Joffrey's body. However, she wanted him to see it, she didn't want to be like Jaime Lannister and stab him through the back. She knew that if she did that, she would be executed, but at least, her sister would be free from that vicious monster.

"Kneel!" she did nothing but stare at him in the eyes. "Kneel to me! KNEEL! I AM THE KING!"

"I could care less," she said, causing everybody to gasp. Joffrey was caught off guard but his blood was boiling as fury was taking the best of him. "Release my sister, now!"

"You are no one to give me orders, I obey the King, not some whore from the North!" Ser Merryn insulted the young Stark girl, whose eyes had turned as cold as the ice and her expression was as harsh as the cold Winter.

"No, Ser Merryn. It's quite alright, leave Lady Sansa alone" Joffrey said, catching everybody out of surprise. Why was he doing that? Since when did Joffrey show mercy? Lilia knew there was something more to it, she knew she had defied the King, but she didn't regret it whatsoever and she was ready to face the consequences, no matter how awful they were. "I believe we can send Robb Stark a message some other way. Hold Lady Stark down"

At that moment, Ser Merryn held Lilia, hurting her due to his strong grip over her arms. She didn't show how she was hurting, she wouldn't give them the pleasure. She didn't know what was about to happen to her, but she was starting to fear it. Nevertheless, she kept the same facial expression she had previously. She wasn't going to let them know how terrified she was.

"You want to send my brother a message by what? Beating me up?" she challenged the blond, vicious fool. He gave her a sadistic smirk as Sansa screamed for her help. No one did anything. No one dared to move. The room was silent, aside from Sansa's screams. People were scared to know what was about to happen. "Go ahead. Beat me up. I'm sure you'll jerk to the thought of me tonight"

"Lady Stark, you don't actually think I would ruin your face, Robb Stark's sister's face, Ned Stark's eldest daughter's face. I wouldn't do that, especially to a face such as pleasing as yours" he said with another smirk as he touched her face in a creepy way. He approached her ear and whispered something so just only she would hear. "It wouldn't be the first time"

"Then what?" Lilia said out of fear, with her eyes widened from the last part. She didn't think he would actually do something like that... He giggled like a villain. For a moment, she wanted someone to take her out of there because she could feel that it wasn't going to end very well for her.

His hands were tracing down her body as she was starting to get confused and scared. It wasn't until she felt him trying to lift her dress that she started to fight him by kicking him. He pushed her to the floor and started to lift her skirt again as she tried to fight him, but when Ser Merryn grabbed her arms up, the tears started to stream down her face. She started to scream for help, she screamed for him to stop, she screamed for someone to help her as she kicked him in an attempt to fight back. Sansa was screaming as well and try to free herself from the Hound's grip, who was holding her down.

"What is the meaning of this?!" someone stormed inside the throne room, making Joffrey get off of Lilia and Ser Merryn to release her. The boy King came all the way towards his throne as Tyrion, the imp, approached them. "What kind of knight beats a helpless girl and helps to rape another?!"

"The kind who serves his King, imp!" Ser Merryn said hatefully. Lilia had been able to sit up and watch the scene go down.

"Careful now, we don't want to get blood all over your pretty, white cloak," a man who was accompanying Tyrion said. Lilia never knew that a Lannister could possibly be genuinely kind until she met Tyrion. Not only did he show respect to her and her father's death, as he also saved her from being dishonoured in front of everybody.

"Someone get the girl something to cover herself up with" he commanded referring to Sansa. The Hound walked towards her with a white cloak with which she covered herself. Lilia stood there, helpless and in shock to what had just happened. "She is to be your Queen, her sister is to be your sister by marriage! Have you no regard for their honour?"

"I'm punishing them!" Joffrey defended himself. Lilia knew she had committed a crime by daring to go up against the King, but Sansa was innocent and there was no argument in that.

"For what crimes?!" Tyrion asked out of shock as he tried to talk some sense into him. "They did not fight their brother's battles!"

"You can't talk to me like that! Lady Stark has had a taste of what happens when someone disrespects the King! The King can do as he likes!" he yelled at his uncle. Tyrion looked over at Lilia with pity. She hated to be pitied by someone but the truth was that she was feeling pity towards her own self.

"The Mad King did as he liked, raped his sister every night even. Has your uncle Jamie ever told you what happened to him?" Tyrion pointed out as Joffrey sat on the Iron Throne. Ser Merryn was already taking his sword out as he approached the imp right at that moment.

"No one threatens His Grace in the presence of a King's Guard!" he claimed out of spite. Tyrion was as calm as he could be, which came as a surprise to both Ladies who were standing in that room helplessly.

"I'm not threatening the King, Ser. I'm educating my nephew. Bronn, next time Ser Merryn speaks, kill him" Lilia would have laughed at the little lord's remark if she weren't in that position, but she was and she felt overwhelmed that if Tyrion hadn't stormed inside the room and stop everything, she would have been raped right in that spot where she stood. "That was a threat, see the difference?"

Then, he cautiously walked towards Lilia and helped her up. Sansa and her ladies followed them as they walked out of the throne room.

"Thank you for your help, Lord Tyrion" Lilia said as they walked towards the door, which was opened for everyone to see. Sansa walked side by side with them.

"I apologize for my nephew's behaviour" he apologized and then looked at Sansa. "Tell me the truth, do you want an end to this engagement?"

"I am loyal to King Joffrey, my one, true love" Sansa walked outside the throne room with her ladies as Lilia stood next to Tyrion.

"And do you want a way out of here?" he whispered to her who still had tears in her face. "Do you want to go back home?"

"King Joffrey is to be my sister's husband, and therefore, my brother. We are family and so, this is my home" she walked outside with her throat in a knot. She could not be considered a traitor and leave Sansa alone in the city, so she had to behave like she didn't mind. But she was also aware that her face said one thing completely different from the words that would leave her lips.

"Lady Stark, you may survive us yet" he let out as Bronn approached him.

"Which Lady Stark? The redhead beauty or the fuckable brunette?" Bronn asked out of curiosity, earning a look from Tyrion. He lifted his arms in defence as Tyrion looked at the Stark sisters as they left.

"The redhead" Tyrion replied. "The other one will rise and she might rule us all"

Lilia went towards her room and as she stormed inside, she locked the door and fell on her bed as she cried against her pillow, so no one would listen. And as she stared at the canopy, she realized that Robb had to win the war or her head would be on a spike before the outcome.

So, as I said before, this chapter contains a kind of violence that neither of my chapters has contained - so far - and therefore, for all of you who chose not to read it, I leave you with what went down.

Basically, Lilia got ready for the day and as she was about to take a walk in the Royal gardens (yes, Lilia does have a flower  obsession), she heard screams coming from the throne room and she recognized them, they were Sansa's.

So, Lilia stormed inside the throne room and forgot about all the efforts she had been doing from the moment her father had been executed and she went up against Joffrey, only to have him almost raping her in front of everybody. 

Yet, in the middle of all the chaos Tyrion saved the day (just like he saved Sansa back in season two) and said something very important, and I quote:

"Which Lady Stark? The redhead beauty or the fuckable brunette?" Bronn asked out of curiosity, earning a look from Tyrion. He lifted his arms in defence as Tyrion looked at the Stark sisters as they left.

"The redhead" Tyrion replied. "The other one will rise and she might rule us all"

So, not to give too much away, from this moment on my book will diverge greatly from the series and I really hope you like the changes. I decided to give Lilia a different storyline from the one Sansa got and that will make her character step it up to the next level.

Hope you enjoy it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 133 24
" Robb...I'm a just a servarnt for your family..." " Well you are more to me than that, Savannah " -------------------------- Savannah Lily was take...
36.6K 1.5K 11
Lyarra Stark. Twin sister of Robb Stark. Daughter of Eddard and Cathlyn Stark. Big sister to Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon. Brave. Strong. Faithful. P...
240K 6.2K 30
[SLOWLY EDITING] Mare Dalyngridge was a peasant girl that was caught in the middle of a war. She thought that she could survive without a scratch, bu...
274K 6.7K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...