Save Me

By kelleyli

Perry White hires an up and coming, talented reporter to the daily planet, CELESTE COURTNEY 'C.C.' Walker. C... More

Special Notes & Cast of Characters Part 1
Cast of Charaters Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 9

363 22 4
By kelleyli

(Friday night - Clark's apartment)

"Yeah, mom. No, dad. No, she isn't. Yeah, yeah she is." Clark smiles as he glanced up at her in the kitchen, finishing up on dinner. Clark went back to focusing on his parents talking. They arrived at his place after stopping at the mall for some items for the party that Bruce Wayne was given. Before they left, he asked her if she had a dress and it slipped her mind to shop for one. They went through a few boutiques before she found a shop that had a great selection. "Is that your husband or boyfriend?" The sales lady asked her. "Oh, no. He's a guy friend and co-worker. We're just going to be each others' date for the Bruce Wayne party." Celeste said as they glanced at Clark as he sat in a comfortable chair as he waited for her.

The sales lady eyed Clark as he deeply focused on Celeste as she moved and talked. The sales lady arched a brow as she asked another question. "Do you want him to be your boyfriend or husband?" Celeste's head whipped around to see the sales lady's grin. Celeste was at a loss for words before she tried to find the right ones to say. "Sorry, that I put you on the spot. It's just that if he stares at you any harder, he could get you knocked up just by blinking." Celeste choked on the air in her throat as she began to cough. "Celeste, are you okay?" Clark asked concerned as he began to stand. "Yes, I just had some air go down my throat wrong." She said with a smile while she looked back at the sales lady. "What? It's true." The sales lady told her with a casual shrug. "I wish I had a man that would look at me like that. I think all women wish they someone like that. But, back to the dress. I think I have the perfect one ."

Celeste watched the woman walk into the back and come out with a black zipped up dress cover on a special hanger. "Here you go. That dressing room is empty. Now, I see I have a few more customers. I'll be back in a few minutes. But don't come out. Trust me, with that dress on your body. You may want to keep it a secret until the party." Celeste nodded as she walked in and got undressed to try to the dress on.

Clark was getting curious about the conversation that he just heard. He smirked to himself as he darted his eyes around to see if anyone was watching him. When the coast was clear, he on the sly eased his glasses down as he was to look through the door she was behind when he heard a voice whisper in his ear. "Don't you even think about looking through this door. I think I will follow this sales lady advice and keep this a surprise." He sat there with a shocked look on his face as he heard her again. "You'll see it on Saturday night. At the party."

Clark made a face as he slipped his glasses back on before he slumped in his seat. A few minutes later, he watched the sales lady walk in the dressing room where Celeste was. She was in there for a few minutes before walking out with the garment bag, while Celeste was dressing. She walked back out in her own clothes as she pulled out her card and paid for it as Clark met her coming back with the purchase. "How did you know?" Clark asked, amazed. Celeste stopped walking as they were now outside the store. She placed a hand on his cheek as she looked at him. "Because I think I am a pretty good judge of character. And I knew you were listening to us and wanted to know about the dress." She said as she kissed him.

Clark came back from his thoughts as he told his parents he would talk to them later and that he loved them. Once he was off the phone, he watched her sit down the plates of food on the coffee table before she went to get the wine. He sat down as he took the wine from her and open it before pouring it for them both. She took the seat next to him on the couch as they snuggled together and ate. The TV was on some show as Celeste casually began to talk to him." So, Clark," She started to say before he cut her off. 

"You want to know how much I heard between you and the sales lady?" He asked her in between bites. "Yeah. So, how much?" Celeste asked him. "Not much, C.C.." Clark said as he took a sip of wine before eating again. "Just, the fact that if I continue to stare at you hard enough I could get you pregnant just by blinking. Or something like that ." He grinned as she started to choke again. Clark carefully patted her on the back as she eyed him. "You really do need to get that checked out." He joked. "So, not funny Clark Kent." Celeste playfully scolded him.

Clark pushed her gently on her back against the couch as he unbuttoned her jeans and slipped them off with speed. She softly gasped as she stared into his blue eyes. "I thought we'd finished eating first since you were hungry." She half said, half asked. Clark took off her boy short panties as he opened her legs. "I'm still hungry Celeste. But not for dinner anymore." He told her as he moved down in between them.

Celeste threw her head around as she moved her hands into her hair. She thrashed her head from side to side as she gasped for breath. Clark let his tongue dance in and around the other set of thick, juicy lips between her thick, dark brown colored thighs. Clark used his strength to gently keep her legs open just wide enough to give him room enough to drive her wild.

Celeste opened her eyes and looked between her legs as she watched Clark's head buried deep in between them. She noticed how his strong, wide hands opened out so his long, lean fingers massaged her thick thighs. She gasped deep, short breaths each time she felt his soft, kissable lips, his thick tongue, and the touch of his hands on her body at the same time. Clark smiled against her as he continued to eat her out. He thought of how he's become since this sinfully, beautiful, intelligent, sexy, vibrant woman came into his life. 

He's noticed that he's not only acting differently but thinking differently.  He seems more secure in himself. That he can be both Clark and Superman in one. That a woman could want him as Clark. Think he's sexy as Clark and accept that he's Superman. He thought that what he felt with Lois was true and fast.  After she broke his heart for the last time, he figured he would never heal. Then came Celeste Courtney Walker. C.C. stepped into his life like the breath of fresh, crisp, clean air she was and blew Lois out of his mind.

Clark was so deep in thought about it all, he didn't hear Celeste scream his name as he sucked on her hard. He snapped out of his thoughts to see and feel her come all over and in his mouth. He finished up below before he came up for air, to see she was trying to catch her breath. He caught his breath some as he slowly licked his lips while they both stared at one another. He noticed her long, thick hair all around her as she continued to lay there. He noticed her light brown eyes sparkle for him as he picked her up in the blink of an eye as he carried her to his bedroom.

Before she finished blinking, Celeste watched Clark carefully place her in his bed as stripped his clothes off and climbed in with her. "Celeste, would I be too forward or it be a bad thing if I asked you to have my child?" He asked her in a whisper as he took off her clothes in one move. Celeste's eyes went wide as she was shocked at what he asked her. She was about to speak when she noticed a certain part of his body stood and saluted her. She finally got a good, clear look at the thick, huge member of his muscular, super physique. Celeste's mind went blank as she licked her lips staring at it. She stared at it before she heard him call her, asking the question again.

All Celeste could do was shake her head as dirty thoughts that ran through her mind . She didn't know what he was asking but at that moment she would give him or promise anything. Whatever she shook her head about must have been what he wanted to hear, because she tore her eyes away from the staring at his penis and looked to see his blue eyes smile before he lifted her up and sat her gently on top of it as he slowly began to make her world shake once again.

~The next morning(Saturday)~

Celeste slowly woke up to her cell phone ringing as she opened her eyes. She could barely move as she felt Clark wrapped up in and around her. She licked her lips as she wiggled an arm free to grab her phone that was on the nightstand next to her. She looked at Clark with his dark hair all over his head, some falling into his face as she cleared her throat to answer. "Hello?" She said softly. "C.C.? Girl, did I wake you?" A woman chirped happily into the phone. "Yes, who is this?" She asked as she carefully sat up, feeling a good type of sore as she pushed her hair out of her face. "I can't believe you, Celeste. It's Mari! " The woman said.

Celeste beamed as she began to wake up. "Mari! Hi! What's up?" She giggled as she talked to a long time friend. "I'm in town. This stuffy , old businessman is in town to meet up with the Wayne Corporation tonight at that big party. He needed some arm candy and here I am. Along with a few other women." Mari explained. "Great! I'll be there as well. Maybe I'll see you." Celeste hoped. "What are you there for? That job at the Daily Planet, right?" Mari asked her. Celeste smiled as she wrapped the sheet around her breasts and snuggled near Clark.

She glanced at him as she watched him sleep. "No, not this time. My boyfriend is there for the interview. I'm going as his date." She smirked some as she heard Mari squeal with delight. "BOYFRIEND? What! Details, details!" Mari stated. "Well, not now. I will give you all the details you want tonight at the ball." Celeste replied.  "Okay, C.C. I will see you tonight. Later, girl!" Mari said in a happy tone. "Bye, Mari." Celeste said before they hung up.

Celeste placed her phone down before she moved back down to rest near Clark as he slept. She leaned in to give him a kiss on the lips before turning over and wrapping his arm around her body , snuggling into him, falling back asleep.

Clark slowly opened his eyes as he stared at the back of her head. A soft smile appeared on his lips as he thought about what she had just told her friend. He closed his eyes back as he pulled her deeper into his chest and spooned her, skin to skin.

(Saturday Evening- The Bruce Wayne Gala)

Clark and Celeste arrived inside the Metropolitan Iceland Hotel as they handed the man standing before them their invitations before being ushered into the hotel's huge ballroom. Clark eyed Celeste as she wore a closed, hooded cloak that went to her feet. "Celeste, aren't you hot in that thing?" He asked her in a low voice. "Nope." She said and turned to show him a smile as she continued to walk. "I'm fine. Besides, you'll see soon enough." She told him. "Don't you have a interview to go do?" Celeste asked him. Clark took her hand as he looked at her face. It was the only part she would allow him to see. He looked at the hood over her head as he shook his head at the fact , he couldn't even see her hair yet.

"I would rather stay with you." He told her. "And Perry be pissed at me? Oh, no. You go do that interview with Wayne and then I will take this off." She said as she gently pushed him in the direction of the where Bruce Wayne had a crowd around him. "Promise?" Clark begged playfully as he faked a pout. "Yes, I promise." She said, laughing, as he turned around to sneak a quick kiss on her lips before he walked away.

Celeste shook her head as she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Mari Jiwe McCabe stand before her in a white sable coat with a smile on her face. "Mari!" Celeste smiled as she looked at her dear old friend. "Celeste Courtney!" Mari beamed as they shared a hugged before pulling back to check the other out. "Well, I see we're up to our old tricks by trying to wait until the right time to show the goods."Mari joked. "Well, I guess some things never change." Celeste said as she looked around. "Where's your date?" She asked Mari as Mari rolled her eyes. "Over there, openly fondling the redhead and the blond that came with us. Now, where 's your boyfriend?" Mari smiled once more as she looked around the room through the see of faces.

Celeste held Mari's face as she directed it to the sea of reporters. "The tall one with the dark hair and the broad shoulders." Mari squinted to see when Clark turned to see Celeste stand with an equally gorgeous Black woman in a white fur, looking at him like she wasn't sure what she was seeing. He gave a smile before turning back to ask Bruce Wayne another question. But before he could get it out, Lois bet him to the punch. "Mr. Wayne, Lois Lane Carter with World Net News. Is it true that the reason you're setting up shop here in our city is to use up our resources for your personal gain?"

Bruce Wayne looked at Lois before he gave a wry smile. "No, Miss." "Mrs." She corrected him. "No, Mrs. Carter. I am here to bring more jobs to your city. The president even has said it takes money to make money and it takes jobs to get this country back going. And I plan to do my part. Next." He said as he looked over at Clark. "Yes, you."He pointed at Clark while he stood at the podium. " Thank you. Clark Kent, Daily Planet." Clark said as he pushed up his glasses. "I heard that you have decided to start a new environmental company and want to base it here in Metropolis. And your main goals to start besides the job growth was to find new ways to conduct energy and bring it forth for the world. And to clean up the planet. Is this all true?"

All of the reporters stared between Clark and Bruce as he gave a tilt of his head while he looked at Clark. Lois started to shake her head at Clark as she knew he got his information wrong, trying to guess what he assumed to be internet gossip. Bruce began to smile as he gave a nod. "And how did you just come by this information, Mr. Kent?" Clark nervously slipped his glasses correctly on his face as he cleared his throat. "Myself and a colleague talked about what could be the reasons you were coming here and then I thought about your corporation as a whole and what haven't you tried so far and then she and I did some research."

"Wow. I'm impressed. Well, yes it's all true and I will hold an official press conference in two days. But for now, I want everyone to have fun tonight. That's all for now, people." He said as he stepped down. Lois couldn't believe it was actually true and Clark had actually got it right. She was about to go ask him where did he get his information, so she can look it up herself. As she moved toward Clark, Bruce Wayne stepped up to him. Lois thought that she would check in on Clark later.

Mari slowly turned back to face her friend as she kept her mouth open. "Wait, the one with amazingly blue eyes and that jet black hair and that sexy ass smile?" Mari asked. Celeste leaned some as she watched Clark talk to Bruce. "Yep." She proudly stated. Mari looked down at Celeste's cloak. "So, he hasn't seen whatever you are wearing?" Mari wondered.  "Not yet,"Celeste said looking at the cloak. Mari clicked her tongue against her teeth as she gave a grin. "Well, what are we waiting for. I think I will go first." Mari said as she signaled a waiter. "Yes, can you take our coats for us?" "Sure." He said as Mari shed her coat as everyone in the room turned to see her sexy, slinky black dress. Bruce's voice faltered as he saw Mari's outfit. Clark turned in time to see Mari's outfit as Celeste took off her cloak.

"Holy shit," Bruce muttered. Sounds of glasses and plates dropping confirmed what Clark saw with his own two eyes. And Bruce's blessed cursing, told him that he wasn't seeing things. Celeste's dress left so much to the imagination and at the same time took enough away to have a lot of the men and women drooling over her. He swallowed hard as he didn't move. He waited to see who would be foolish enough to make the first step towards her. He would fight them all, Bruce included. As he looked out the corner of his eye, he saw Bruce Wayne watch both Mari and Celeste.

"No, class." Clark and Bruce both heard Lois say. The men turned away regretfully to look at Lois as she shook her head. "What?" Bruce said for the both of them. "I said those two have no class. I mean who's floozy looking dates are those. Don't they know this is a serious business party? Not someplace to find a husband. Mr. Wayne I am so sorry that these women have made a spectacle of your evening. Maybe if we can find their dates , we can ask them to leave."

"Well, Mrs. Carter it's my party and they can stay. And since I am feeling so generous, so can you." He told her with a snide tone in his throat. Clark eyed Lois who continued to speak, this time to him. "Well, Clark, let's go find your date and make sure she avoids those two." Clark frown turned into a grin as he watched Celeste lead Mari over to them. "No, need Lois. I see my date right there." He said as he met Celeste halfway before he pulled her into his body to give her a passionate kiss for the party goers to see.

That's right, fellas and ladies. Take a real good look. This is mine. She is all mine. Remember that. He thought as he pulled away, leaving her breathless and a bit wobbly. "Wow. Ahem. I guess my surprise for you was a good one, Clark?" Celeste asked as she cleared her throat, looking dazed. Clark stuck a hand through her soft, wavy tresses as he had eyes only for her. "Yes, baby. It wasn't just a good one, it was a great one."

"So, are you two sisters?" Bruce asked Mari as he eyed her up and down before glancing back at Celeste. Mari just rolled her eyes as she gave him a half glance. "No. We're friends from college. I'm here with the really balding, old, somewhat overweight yet very rich white man with the three younger women draped all over him like johns on a cheap hooker." Mari scoffed out loud, causing him to chuckle. "Oh, God. Did I say that loud?" She asked as she watched him nod with a grin. "But, don't worry. Only I heard you." He said as they continued to see everyone stare at Celeste.  Bruce looked to Mari and sighed. "Please excuse me for a moment." He told her then started to head towards Clark and Celeste.

 "May I have everyone's attention. Please, stop the music for a moment." Bruce said ,gaining everyone's attention as he stood next to Clark and Celeste. "It came to my attention that some of you think Ms. Walker's choice in dress isn't appropriate for this function. And I disagree. And I'm not just saying that as a man, but it's the truth. This isn't some stuffy party. This is a ball. As in - 'Let's all have one! And my balls aren't the typical , snooty, stuffy kind. If you're looking for that then you definitely are here by mistake and I will make sure not to make that type of mistake ever again." He said as he took Celeste's hand and held it up near his chest.

Clark's eyes narrowed and watched Bruce Wayne slyly give it a kiss before continuing on. "As for you certain women who are green with envy. Don't hate, appreciate." Celeste and Mari both giggled at his choice of words while he finished up his speech. "You can't hate her because of her genes. And if you do, then I know what kind of person I am dealing with. Now, for those who are here to have fun, lets! Music ,please!" He said with a whistle of his lips. Clark rolled his eyes and was about to step back up to Celeste, when Bruce moved between them. "Now I got that over with, care to dance?" He smiled at her.

Celeste smiled and nodded before they danced to the song playing. Clark stood there trying not become jealous ,but it wasn't working. "So, you're the man who has C.C. all tied up in knots." A voice said from behind. Clark turned to see Mari stand next to him while she looked out at Celeste and Bruce. "I am?" He asked ,not sure what she was getting at? "Aren't you Clark Kent?" She asked him. "Yeah, I am. And you are?" He asked her, pushing his glasses up some. "So, you are the man. I'm Mari, her friend and room mate from college." She said introducing herself. 

 "Oh, hi." He smiled as he shook her hand before focusing back on Celeste and Bruce dance to another song while talking. "Don't worry. He's not her type." Mari said. "But then again, I would have never thought you were either." She eyed him. " Clark glanced back at her and arched a brow. " And what is her type, if you don't mind telling me." He asked.

"Well, I remember back in college, she dated bad boys. I mean guys who liked to walk on the wild side and sometimes never to return. I dunno why. Maybe it was a phase or maybe she pitted them, because she wasn't interested but they kept hounding her. But you and Mr. Wayne are too goody for her. I mean Mr Wayne seems to play that bad boy business type, but he's still too good. And you, " She sniffs at him. "You, Mr. Kent, reek of wholesomeness, truth, justice, the American way, and all that boy scout jazz." Mari stated. "You weren't a boy scout when you were a kid were you?" She asked, pointing a manicured nail at him. Clark nervously glanced at her as he shifted his glasses on his face. "I was for a while," He lied. "But I had to quit. I had to help my ma and pa on the family farm."

"Oh." She snapped her fingers at the realization."That's what that is about you. You're a good 'ol boy. Well that's cool. It's all cool either way. There's just something about you that she's into and what ever it is, I'm happy for her." Mari told him as Celeste came back with Bruce in tow. "Now, about that dance," Bruce said to Mari. " What dance? I don't remember you asking me to." She told him, casting him a look. 

Bruce just narrowed his eyes playfully as he smirked at her. "That's because you were too busy throwing eye daggers at the female johns over there fawning over the old hooker." He joked. Mari fought but lost at the laughter in her throat as she held out her hand to him. "Good one, Wayne." "Thank you-." He began as she walked with him. "Mari." She told him. "Thank you, Mari." Celeste and Clark looked at them as they went to the dance floor to get to know one another better.

"So, did you have fun with Bruce?" Clark asked letting the jealously rise in his tone. "It was a nice dance. He is an interesting man. But," She said as she stepped up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, looking at him. "I have been wanting to dance with my man all night." She told him and smiled, watching him smile at her. They danced before Clark softly spun her around in his arms. "You know your friend, Mari said that Bruce nor I am your type. You dated bad boys." He told her. 

Celeste rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I felt sorry for them, because they bugged me and wouldn't take no for an answer. They in reality aren't my type." She explained as he swayed her and rocked with her to soft melody play around them. "And what what is your type." Clark wondered, trying not to let his insecurities get the better of him. "Well," She began. "Tall, dark hair, amazingly spell bound blue eyes, can make me weak in the knees, have me crying his name out loud over and over until I can't take anymore, wears these really cute glasses." She said to him before moving a hand to straighten them over the bridge of his nose before kissing him softly. "And ," She told him after pulling away. "Loves his family, is great at his job, and is an all around great man."

"Wow,"Clark said as they stop moving . "Have you told the guy you feel for like that, all you just told me?" He stumbled his words some while Celeste sighed happily and caressed his cheek. "I just did, Clark. The question is what are you going to do about it?" She challenged him. Clark smiled as he leaned in to kiss her passionately on the dance floor. He stopped when he heard a cry for help from far away. "Courtney." He sighed as his face fell. Celeste listened to him call her by her middle name and knew it was serious. "What's wrong?" She asked him, worried. Clark just walked her off the floor as he filled her in.

They stood at the doorway entrance as he looked at her sad. "I'm sorry, but I-." He tried to explain, Celeste just cut him off with her index finger to his lips. "I understand, Clark. Go, I'm going to go home. Just be careful." She whispered to him as he kissed her one more time before rushing out. Celeste went to thank Bruce and say good bye to Mari before heading to the coat room. She walked up to the area, when the man handed her the cloak and a set of keys. "What are these. She said as she glanced at the familiar keys. "A Mr. Kent said , he had a ride, so you can take his car." The attendant repeated word for word. "Thanks," She said with a smile before walking out the grand doors, slipping on her cloak.

She was out in the huge makeshift parking lot when a voice stopped her in her tracks. "I see he left you. It's not like you two fit anyway." Celeste turned to see Lois in her coat walking to where Celeste stood. "How would you know about him? I thought you were obsessed with Superman?" Celeste reminded her. "I wasn't obsessed with Superman. We were close. Closer than anyone could ever be. Besides Clark and Superman are good friends of mine. You of course would have to meet Superman in order to know that.' Lois flipped her hair off her shoulders as she looked smug.

Celeste stood up to her and closed in the distance between them. "I have met Superman and he's a nice guy. But he hasn't mentioned you at all." She gave a smug look back to Lois as Lois' eyes went wide. "You've dated Superman?"Lois said, then added. "I have." Celeste crossed her arms as she stepped away from Lois and rested her ass on the front of Clark's car. "No, I haven't dated Superman. I have a boyfriend and his name is Clark Kent and I only have eyes for him."

"Right." Lois huffed. "Clark looks like he has went on one of his secret missions and once again a woman he knows is left in the dark. I feel sorry for you." Lois shook her head while Celeste shook her head right back sadly at Mrs. Lois Lane Carter. She moved away from the hood of the car and went to unlock the driver's side door.

"His mother and father know all of his secrets. And I may not know all of his secrets, I do know where he is and I am about to go back to my home in his car. He took a cab, so don't worry. It's not your job anyway, Mrs. Carter. Clark is my man. And he and Superman will both be fine with out you." Celeste said as she got in the seat and closed the door. She rolled the window down and looked out at a stunned Lois while she started the car. "Good night, Mrs. Lane Carter." Celeste told the woman before she drove away and out of sight.

Superman saved a woman, her husband, and baby who were trapped in their car as water filled it. The husband was knocked unconscious in the driver's seat and the woman and her baby were screaming. She managed to unbuckle her seatbelt and reach in the back to get her baby girl out of the car seat.  The mother held onto the baby and prayed someone would save them. 

He got there in half his usual time before he flew down under water and lifted the car out of the water and into the air. He safely pulled it down on the main road. Superman, ripped the car doors open and got the woman and her child out first as she begged him to save her husband. He gave her a quick nod and got her husband on the ground as he searched the inside of the man's body. It seemed he had a heart attack. Right away Superman did CPR on him as the wife held onto her baby and found her cellphone that she kept in her daughter's water proof baby bag. "Thank goodness, I bought this stupid bag and placed my phone in it." She said through the tears as she dialed 911.

A minute later, Superman got the man's heart started back as he felt a faint pulse. "He's going to be okay, Ma'am," Superman said to the wife came still holding her baby tightly. She handed the child to him to check as she went to her husband. He continued to lay there as he coughed up the water in his lungs. Superman looked over the child with his vision and saw a little water in her lungs but she was fine. The ambulance arrived along with the police as they came and assessed the situation and took information from Superman then statements from the family.
Once it seemed that the police and the EMTs were handling it, he said good bye as he flew back to the party. 

It was twenty minutes total that he was gone as he swooped down and landed near a tree a block from the party as he appeared on the other side of the tree fully dressed. He walked back in and headed to the bathroom to check himself out. He straightened his tie and saw he was good to go. He walked out the room and back into the party to see it was still in full swing. He glance everywhere for Celeste, when he felt a soft touch on his shoulder. He turned to see Mari giving him a smile. 

"She left." She told him as she sipped on some Moet. Clark's face fell as he remembered her saying it , but thought she would wait to see if he'd come back. "Really? When?" He asked as he stopped a waiter to get a glass of sparkling apple cider. "Not too soon after you. I glanced her leaving out then I went back to mingling." She told him. "Well, thank you Mari. I'll see you later." He said as he finished his glass, setting it on another waiter's tray in passing.

He took one look around as he locked eyes with Lois. She listened to her husband make conversation with another fellow businessman while she watched Clark step in and talk to the overpriced hussy that was friends with Celeste Walker. She continued to watch them when he moved and notice her watching him. "Excuse me, sweetie. I want to say congratulations to my old co-worker and protege,Clark Kent." Lois told Mark. Mark glanced up and saw him before he smiled and leaned in to kiss her on her lips. "Okay, babe." He simply said, before continuing his conversation.

Lois walked through the crowd before stepping up to Clark. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and look him over before he gave a small smile to her. "Hello, Lois. How's life?" He asked, genuinely. " Life is wonderful." She told him. "I am the lead anchor and journalist for the entire station. And our ratings are through the roof. How is life at the Daily Planet?" She asked . "It's great." Clark said with lots of enthusiasm. "We still make the paper for those who still want to read a news paper. But mainly we have gone into the digital age. I mean in this 21st century, we are in the 22nd century, business wise. And our ratings aren't too shabby either." He told her, then paused to watch her stare. "But that's not what you want to know is it?" He asked her.

"I want to know how's Superman." She asked him, not beating around the bush any more. Clark sighed as he pushed his glasses up. "He's okay. I don't see him as much because I'm busy and he's busy." He stated. "I see. Has he asked about me at all?" She wondered aloud, causing Clark to arch his brow at her. "No. He wouldn't ask me about you, because you are married to another man. And like I said I am busy with my own life. I have a girlfriend." He told her before she rolled her eyes and clicked her teeth.  "I saw and heard. I met Miss Walker. She seems to think that you and her are serious. I mean Clark you have secrets and a life that I never even knew about. And I knew you for years. This broad comes in and you two get together however you do and she thinks she knows you to the point she doesn't question anything. I say that suspicious, Clark. Watch your back."

Clark leaned in and whispered to her trying not to get angry. "Not that if it's any of your business Lois, but she does know me. Just because she doesn't know all my secrets, doesn't mean she doesn't know one or two. And my mom and dad can't wait to meet her. As for her knowing me. She knows enough. The best of me. We did get together. We are together. And she'll know more of my life soon enough.  As for not questioning anything, it's because she and I have something that is called 'trust'. And that is why she doesn't snoop or nag or wonder over and over. It's refreshing and so not suspicious." He told her in calm, yet firm tone. "So, I don't have to watch my back, Lois. Because, she's protecting it and watching it for me." He said as he grabbed a glass of wine of a near by tray. He quickly downed it before placing it back on the tray. 

"You've changed Clark. Your not the same person as before. She's changed you." Lois said cutting him a look. Clark looked off as he thought about her words before he gave light snort. "Hmmph. I don't think so. I'm the same man I have always been, Lois. You just never took notice. You were to busy paying attention to Superman or playing the damsel in distress to get a story or to see him. I was always the furniture in the back ground of your scene that was the show of your life." He said as he narrowed his eyes at her.  "Celeste took interest in me the first moment we met. Me. She's met Superman and told me and him that he's a nice guy and all, but she desires me. Because of her, I feel more confident and more secure in myself because of her wanting me to shine. Same for Superman. He thought that you loved him. You made him vulnerable and then once he was exposed, you go and marry another man. " He said as he was about to turn and walk away. 

He stopped to half turn to look at her. "And at the end of the day, Lois that is what it's about. Someone complimenting you. Making you feel your worth as a man. And that goes for myself and Superman as well. Celeste is a good friend to Superman, who's made him feel that way. But in the end, she's mine. And we've got an understanding about that." He begins to softly smile while Lois starts to frown in surprise at his speech to her. "She's done us both a world of good. So, don't worry about Superman. Just like me he'll be fine." Clark finished, as he left her there to ponder over his words. Clark grinned to himself as he headed to Celeste.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.3K 48
An Original Jason Todd Interracial Love Story.
12.6K 426 16
Mon-el has left Kara over and over again and she doesn't know how much more she can take it. First he left Earth, then he left for the future again...
37.9K 1.1K 25
Bruce is doing just fine until suddenly his interest in Clark Kent becomes more than professional. *character copyright with DC*
124 0 51
Victoria Kent always wanted to be a reporter for the Sparks Newspaper Company and she gets the chance to live her dream. She moves into Starlight Cit...