The Retired Queenpin

By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)

3.4K 161 12
By GoddessofJustice

"Damien Arden! Long time no mothafuckin see!" A young African American Gentleman walked up to Damien and pulled him into a bro hug.

"What's going on, Kenan?" Damien smiled as he hugged him back.

"Shit, trying to find me a fine ass female to spend my night with; if you know what I mean..." he let Damien go. Damien stood back beside me and Kenans eyes landed on me.

"Oh shit! You already found yourself a female huh? Always a playboy."

"Actually, This is Aaliyah, my fiancé."

"Fiancé????" Kenans eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes." Damien chuckled

"Well, I be damned. I'm Kenan, a old friend of Damien's." He held out his hand for me to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Kenan." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Damn, man, she's gorgeous. Congratulations." Kenan smiled at Damien.

"Thanks."

A blonde headed woman walked past us and winked at Kenan. A smile spread across his lips as he winked back while checking her out.

"And that's my que. I'll talk to y'all later." He turned on his heel walking in the direction the woman went.

"How do you know him?" I giggled.

"We went to college together."

"You went to college?" I asked.

"Yes, is that a surprise???" He raised his brow.

"Well somewhat. I thought you were just some spoiled rich boy who took over the business from his father." I shrugged.

"No. I succeeded him in mafia business, I built Arden Industries on my own. I graduated with A Masters in Business at 22. I stepped into the mafia at 14 and took over at 23."

"Oh okay."

"I'm surprised you didn't know that. Did you not do any digging on me?"

"I didn't. At least not any really deep digging."

"Well, I did on you. You graduated with your Bachelors at 20 then Graduated with your Doctorate in Physical Therapy and Kinesiology at 24. You were an athletic trainer for the Miami Heat for 5 years and the number one sought after physical therapist in the NBA. The players called you the miracle worker because you could get any athlete back on his feet and playing within 4-6 months. You were a drug lord from age 15 til 20, you gained all the southern states and part of the east coast. You ran the biggest cartel in history, Micio. Your first kill was at 12, your boss forced you to become a highly recommended assassin because you were a perfect shot. You handed over the cartel at 20 to Harlem Rogers, a very good friend of yours. You got married at 21 to Niko, were separated at 23, divorced by 24. Twins came from that marriage. You were a millionaire by the time you were 18, and you're net worth is 850 million dollars as of today. Shall I continue?"

"No." I frowned.

"Why so glum?" He asked.

"You knew this before you met me?" I asked as we walked around.

"Aaliyah, I trailed you for a year. I know almost everything about you."

"Stalker." I mumbled.

"But you're going to marry me anyways because you love me, just like I love you." He tilted my chin up and kissed my lips softly.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and slightly smiled.

"Come. Let's go mingle." Damien grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers, leading me in the opposite direction.

The colors scheme was gold and silver. The tables were covered in gold table cloths, with silver utensils, and the center pieces were chocolate diamonds in a 7 x 4 vase.

The bar was over on the left and the stage was on the front wall in the center. Then in the middle of all the tables was the dance floor.

All in All, I wasn't impressed so far as decorations. I wasn't exactly impressed with the people either. Most dressed too over the top or too bland.

"Aaliyah Daniels!!"  A woman came rushing up to me. In an instant I had lifted my dress slightly, aiming to grab the beretta in my thigh holster but Damien caught my arm before I could grasp it.

"She's a reporter, Micio." Damien chuckled.

"Oh." I dropped the hem of my dress and put my foot back in the ground. I smoothed over my dress as she was finally standing in front of me.

"Dr.Daniels, I'm a reporter for Vixen Magazine. And I wanted to do an article on you since your in the top 7 most influential women." She started quickly. She was a short, petite, light skinned young woman; possibly a little younger than myself.

"Umm, sure, I guess." I pressed my lips together. I didn't like interviews. I didn't care to be in the spotlight at all.

"I'll leave you two to it. I'm going over to the bar."

"Wait. Stay." I grabbed his tricep.

"Micio, I promise I'll be in your line of vision at all times, as you will be in mine."

"Okay." I swallowed hard. Without him around I was afraid my temper would get the best of me. But I guess you have to face your fears sometime right?

He kissed my cheek and then headed to the bar.

"Dr.Daniels, you've been out of the spot light for quite sometime now and well how do you fare living the quiet life?"

"I rather enjoy it actually. I've never been one for attention which is why I try to stay out of the media." I turned my head towards the bar and locked eyes with Damien. I would never understand why he encouraged this type of stuff. He knew I hated attention.  I turned my head back to the young reporter waiting for her next question.

"That's quite hard isn't it? Considering you've worked with over a dozen injured athletes claiming that you were the miracle they needed?"

"I mean realistically no. Because even though they tell this story of me working Miracles, the spotlight remains on them and their comeback. The only thing I received was more clientele. Which was fine with me."

"Do you ever intend on going back to being a on call Physical Therapist for the NBA?"

"To be honest, I don't see that in the near future but things change and in time I might change my mind." I stated thoughtfully.

"What about Modeling endeavors?"

"Well, what about them?" I furrowed my brow.

"Do you intend on taking any Modeling jobs? From what I've heard you've had a lot of major Modeling companies gunning for you but you've turned them all down..."

"Modeling is definitely an option for me right now but do I plan on taking on any major modeling gigs, no."

"You are the highest paid Physical Therapist in the world. How do you feel about that."

"Being a Physical Therapist was a life long dream of mine, so, the job was never really a job for me. It's more of a passion. Being able to do what others can't because of the love I have for what I do. I was never in it for the pay check, I was in it for my athletes. Every single one of them can tell you I wasn't just their Physical Therapist, I was their cheerleader. I lead them to believe they could do what nobody else thought they would be able to; which was make a come back. And they came back with vengeance. But I can say when you do the work, when you do the research, when you put your mind to it, you can do anything in the world."

"I can tell you love being a Physical Therapist, Dr.Daniels. You're truly an inspiration to other young women, including myself and I've enjoyed interviewing you."

"I've enjoyed your interview. Surprisingly." I smiled.

"One last question."

"Shoot."

"Are you and Damien Arden an item?"

"We're engaged. How's that for an item?" I smirked.

She squealed I'm excitement. I laughed.

"I knew it!!!! I sooooo knew it!!!!"

"Is that going to be in your story too?" I laughed.

"No! No! I was just curious. I'd heard a few rumors here and there that the bachelor was off the market but I wasn't sure. Then you two arrived here together and then he's been watching you like a hawk this entire interview."

I glance at him and sure enough he was watching us.

"He's protective of me."

"And you of him. I'm sure."

"Definitely." I glanced at him again.

"Well, congratulations. I hope you'll let me cover your wedding, I truly have enjoyed talking to you and not just because it was my job."

"How about you give me your contact information and I'll give you a ring when the time comes? By the way, what is your name?"

"Jenna. Jenna Duncan." She scribbled her information down on a napkin and handed it to me.

"Nice to meet you, Jenna. You'll be hearing for me soon." I stood and she did the same as I held out my hand for her to shake.

"You've made my night, Dr.Daniels." She shook my hand.

"Call me, Aaliyah."

"Aaliyah." She grinned.

"Have a good night, Jenna." I giggled as I made my way over to Damien.

"Well, you look like you made a new friend or fan?" He chuckled.

"Maybe." I smirked.

"Come dance with me."

Nice 'N' Easy by Natalie cole played softly as me and Damien danced. I was always a Natalie Cole fan.

"Let's take it nice and easy
It's gonna be so easy
For us to fall in love" I sang along.
Hey baby whats your hurry
Relax and don't you worry
We're gonna fall in love
We're on the road to romance - that's safe to say
But let's make all the stops along the way
The problem now of course is
To simply hold your horses
To rush would be a crime
'Cause nice and easy does it every time

Damien spun me out and a did a light skip back to him and began to dance around his built frame as we neared the ending of the song.

I smiled at him as he smirked grabbing my waist pulling me back to him as the song ended.

"Giving a show huh, Micio..." he kissed my hair.

"Me? Noooooo...." I smiled.

"Excuse me, Everyone! If you all could please quiet down and have a seat." The MC talked through the microphone on stage.

Everyone including Damien and I made our way to a table.

"We're going to begin the award ceremony. The categories are Most influential Woman and Man, the Humanitarian Award, and the Most Successful Business Endeavors of the Year. Everyone presented an award make sure to keep your speech to a maximum of 2 minutes."

Award Ceremony???? I though this was simply as ball.

"The Most Influential Woman of 2019 goes to a woman who shields herself from the Media but Many women look up to her based off what they've heard. Dr.Aaliyah Daniels."

The crowd went wild.

"What the fuck?" My jaw dropped. How the hell??? Damien... I looked at him and glared.

"It wasn't me." He laughed.

I closed my mouth and stood, making my way to the stage. Everyone clapped as I made my way on stage.

The MC handed the award to me then motioned for me to go towards the Microphone. I walked over and swallowed hard.

I'm certain I looked like a deer caught in headlights. I was completely shell shocked.

"Ummm.... well I didn't prepare a speech because well I didn't know I was nominated for anything. But I guess I'll speak from the heart..... To be considered the most Influential Woman of 2019 is truly a blessing. The only thing I want to say is anything is possible when you put your mind to it. Make sure you do what you have a passion for, whatever makes your heart happy, and your soul sing. It's not easy to become successful but it possible. In reality it took me years to get here. I failed a lot but though hard work and perseverance, I prevailed and you can too. The harder you work, the more you perfect your craft the closer you come to your definitional success. So, follow your dreams. Thank you." I gave a light smile.

Everyone clapped again as I made my way back to Damien's side.

"Congratulations, Micio." He kissed my cheek as I sat down.

The award ceremony ended with the Most Successful Business Endeavors.

"The Most Successful Business Endeavors award goes to a man who've I've known since college and he's the most hardworking man I know. Damien Arden."

"Congratulations, Lover." I kissed his cheek.

He stood with a stoic expression and made his way to the stage as people clapped for him and cheered for him. Especially the women. Implement eye roll.

"Thank you." Damien shook the MC's hand and took the award.

"You know I used to think that making money was all a man ever needed in life. But recently I've learned that money doesn't keep you sane always and it doesn't buy happiness. My business was my life at one point; it was the only thing I cared about. But a year ago I met this amazing woman who was stoic, nonchalant, and the definition of beauty. Her intelligence made my head spin and honestly I can't see myself going a day with out her. She's been my inspiration to work harder. She's a beneficial business partner. Which is why I want to ask her to be my CFO. Micio, will you be my CFO?"

For the second time tonight my jaw dropped. I was going to kill Damien.

"I've put a lot of thought into this and I want you to help me run my business. I don't want you to be a trophy wife, I want you to be my partner in everything...."

"Yes, I'll be your CFO, Arden." I stood and smiled.

Little did he know I was going to kill him later. All I'd gotten was attention all night! And I was over the attention. I didn't want it unless it was from him and him only.

Damien walked back off of the stage and made his way to me. When he was finally in front of me, he placed his hands on the side of my face and pulled me into a heart stopping kiss. My knees buckled as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

His arm found its way around my waist keeping me upright.

The crowd cheered us on.

Finally, he pulled away and pecked my lips softly.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too."

Everyone had finally turned their attention elsewhere. And Damien was now leading me to the bar.

Sadly, we were side tracked by some older man.

"Damien, you know it's bad luck to show who you love to the world."

"My love can handle her own, Hue." Damien retorted sharply.

"Hmmm, pretty little thing. It would be a shame if something happened to her." He smiled as his eyes raked over my body. I shivered in disgust.

"I don't take threats idly, Hue. I've recently been itching to get a little blood on my hands. Don't make it yours."

"Arden, don't entertain him. His threats mean nothing."

"Oh, but they mean a lot." The man chuckled.

"No. They don't. Because like Arden said I can handle myself."

"You must be the one Danielle was talking about. Yes, the one who thinks she's a bad ass." He laughed.

I grabbed the Beretta from my holster and cocked it. Damien smirked.

"I don't think, Hue. Hue, is right isn't it???"

"How dare you?" He sputtered.

"No, how dare you. See I had been having a fabulous night until you came up. I was being a good girl, keeping my anger in check, laughing, having a really good time. But you brought out my anger, Hue. I don't like to be angry, Hue." I spoke as I pushed the gun into his temple.

"She doesn't like to be angry, Huey... And well you've made her angry. Put the gun down, Micio."

I did as I was told. Damien instead grabbed his out of his waist holster and pointed it at Mr.Hue.

"I don't like when she's Angry, Hue.... And you've made her Angry, Hue. Do you know what I do to people who target my Micio????" He asked his eyes were black and the vein in his neck twitched.

"I kill them, Hue." He cocked the gun and pulled the trigger. The bullet went past the mans ear, nipping it just a little. Everyone screamed and began to scatter.

Elijah waltz up and grabbed Damien's arm.

"Chill, Bro. I'll handle old Hue here. Take your wife home man. I'll take Hue to the Cells."

"Thanks, Elijah." Damien nodded his head.

"You know I got your back, bro."

"Goodnight, Eli." I said as I grabbed Damien's hand leading him out of the building.

"So much for a drama free night. So, much for winning over enemies." He sighed as we got into the limo.

"Everything happens for a reason, lover. At least now you know who Danielle is working with."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 179 42
When a guy is forced into finding the next heir to his mafia by his dad, he impregnates a random girl he met at a club The girl looses everyone when...
153K 4K 52
Gianna She goes to Italy to meet her family and instead falls in love with an Italian man. When she gets her heart broken; she leaves. 4 years later...
12 1 8
After witnessing her father murder her grandfather nothing has been the same in her life. Layla has been wanted in her country ever since and on the...
93.1K 4.1K 32
Samuel Mussolini Jr. has now taken over as Godfather. This is all that he has even wanted but without the love of his life , his life feels incomplet...