ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡23 β—‡

7.2K 334 236
By yoongicorn_93

🌌Chapter 23🌌

SPOTTING A HEAD of purple and green hair, Y/N ran over to her friend who was just about to enter the school known as Wellston for the first time since her suspension. Seraphina's ability still showed no sign of returning, but it was still a bit early to tell. All they could do was wait and see what happens.

"Morning Serry, how did you sleep?" Y/N asked, stuffing her hands into her comfy pockets'

"Bad. I was worrying about my ability problem all night," The tired girl groaned and Y/N noticed the dark circles under her friend's eyes. Guess we're matching now.

As the pair walked into the school, murmurs filled the air as everyone gawked. Friends leaned into each other and whispered shamelessly, for some reason thinking Y/N and Seraphina didn't have ears.

"Oh my gosh! Isn't that Seraphina??"

"She's back?!"

"What did she get in trouble for again?"

"Who knows? But it must've been bad of they were willing to suspend her."

"Man, she's still hanging around that two-eye-color freak?"

Seraphina clenched her jaw and maintained a stone face at the commentary. Meanwhile Y/N passed by the girl who had said the last comment. She stopped in front of the smirking female with a blank face. Then the corner of the H/C girl's lips tugged up ever so slightly as she fired back, "At least this 'two-eye-color freak' doesn't have spinach in the corner of her teeth."

Flushing embarrassingly, the girl lowered her head as the students around her snickered. The random girl speed-walked away from Y/N, presumably to the bathroom to check if there was spinach lodged in her teeth.

An audible sigh reached Y/N's ears that belonged to Seraphina. To their right was a boy reading the Wellston Newspaper, the head article labeled 'SERAPHINA RETURNS AFTER MONTH LONG SUSPENSION.' Knowing how irritated she must be, Y/N rubbed her friend's shoulder emphatically. They continued walking, not noticing when they passed by a certain two boys with orange hair and red hair.

"Man, she's so cool." Blyke complimented.

"Who, Y/N or Seraphina?" Isen asked for clarification with a raised eyebrow.

"Both of them, really."

The orange haired boy trailed his gaze to the backs of the two girls, eyes lingering a bit longer on Y/N. He shivered slightly before facing his best friend again, "I think Y/N would be more cool if she wasn't so terrifying."

Blyke snorted and rolled his eyes, "Y/N? Terrifying? Sure she's really strong, but otherwise she's pretty nice and cheery. A bit weird, but mostly funny. Don't know where you get 'terrifying from. If anything, Seraphina is more intimidating."

Thinking back to the time Y/N glared at him coldly with no emotion as she threatened him made the hairs on his neck stand straight. And that time she mercilessly beat up the four mid tiers in the alley. But most of all, when he had discovered what she had done in the past. If only you knew Blyke, if only you knew... Deciding not to say that out loud, Isen instead said, "I'm just really happy Seraphina is back."

Now that she's here, I don't have to worry too much and John and Y/N. Under her watch, the current hierarchy will be safe.

-

It was the middle of the school day when an announcement was made over the speaker.

"Can students Y/N L/N and John Doe please report to the headmaster's office? Students Y/N L/N and John Doe, please report to the headmaster's office."

Hearing the announcement, Y/N and John looked at each other in confusion. Both of them rose from the seats and exited the classroom not knowing what was going on.

"What did we do?" John whispered.

She shrugged, "I don't know." (nan molla)

Hesitating, Y/N slowly knocked on the head master's office door. A gruff voice answered on the other side.

"Come in."

After receiving permission, Y/N turned the handle and stepped inside the office for the second time since she's attended Wellston, the first time being when her, Remi, Blyke, and Isen were called down here. The green haired man held a cup of tea (cause who don't like that t e a) as he sipped it. Eyes lit up in recognition seeing the two perplexed students walk in.

"Ah, Y/N, John, please have a seat. I must discuss something regarding the events that occurred with Seraphina," He took a seat in his comfy silver chair, cup still in hand. "You two are moving into the Wellston Dorms."

Oh....wait what?!

Knitting her eyebrows, Y/N jumped up from her seat and objected, "With all due respect, you can't just force us to move like that."

John seemed equally as concerned and oposed to the idea. "Yeah, we are both doing fine as we are."

However, the headmaster was unaffected by their outbursts and held a stern look. "This isn't negotiable. I've already made arrangements for your rooms. After school, you will both pack your belongings and Keene will help you two move your things into where you're staying. Here you will be under the protection of our staff."

I don't need your crusty ass staff to protect me you moldy spinach hair looking prick! Y/N wanted to scream, but her dumb ass kinda needed an education and didn't want to get expelled.

John was taken back, "But sir, we can take care of ourselves!"

The headmaster gave an oh-rEallY? face. "Not sure that's that's a valid statement anymore considering what happened Friday. My top students were injured by by a group of unknowns. I can't let that slide. They have your house marked John, and there is a good chance they may have marked your house down too Y/N. Even if they didn't, they still saw your faces and will probably keep you down in their records. I don't care how strong you two are, it's not safe."

Y/N grinded her teeth together harshly. This whole conversation was annoying. "Can't you just move us to to different housing complex or something?"

"No."

Asshole.

"Sir, please!" John pleaded, desperation in his voice. "I really...don't want to be around the other students."

That's right, the other students have no idea that John isn't a cripple. They'll destroy him there and John can't do anything about it. And no one will be there to help.

"...No. You'll both move into the dorms. That's final." He concluded firmly.

"But-" John started.

She stopped him with a sigh. "Let's just go John. He's not gonna budge." His eyes flickered desperately at the headmaster before he gave up.

"You both are dismissed."

The two secretly glared at him over their shoulders as they walked out. So they're making me move into the girl's dormitories..? Meaning a roomate...which means social interaction....kill me.

Heaving a sigh, John murmured, "Let's just grab lunch and head to the rooftop to meet up with Sera." Y/N nodded and soon they held trays of food as they climbed the steel steps up. Creaking open the door, both smiled at the sight of their purple haired friend.

"Hey Sera!" John beamed. "How's your day been so far?"

"Yo." Was Y/N's greeting.

"Nothing different really," Seraphina shrugged neutrally. "But with all eyes on me, I don't doubt they'll find out soon."

Y/N suggested, "Why don't you just stay up here for the next few days and not confront anyone? No one will try anything with you up here. Plus, you're up here a lot anyways so no one will suspect anything."

"It doesn't feel right. Changing my schedule just to hide the fact that I don't have my ability."

"Why?" John took a bite of his apple. "You can just blow shit up all you want later. "

A faraway look was plastered on her solemn face. "That's not what I meant. It's just so unnecessary. So what if people found out? They'll be too afraid to challenge me anyways. The school might talk about it for a bit, but I don't mind. It's true after all, so what's the worst that can happen?"

"...You don't understand..the moment you fall, people become cruel." A hint of underlying hate was hidden away in the otherwise harmless piece of advice.

"John's right, Serry. Students of Wellston are much more violent and troublesome than you think..there's no doubt they'll take advantage of you. It'll be better to keep it a secret just to be safe." The heterochromatic girl reasoned.

"Hm, you know.." Seraphina hummed. "Whatever happened to the whole let's-do-stupid-stuff-together-and-not-care-what-happens mentality?" Then proceeding to mimic John's voice, "Broken bones ain't gonna stop me."

"Hey!" He interjected, unamused. "There's a difference between having fun and self sabotage! I'm trying to minimalist suffering here! I don't want you to get hurt!"

She basically brushed off his remark. "You deal with this on the daily. A trip to the infirmary is no big deal. Plus I'm used to to taking recoil damage from using my ability anyways." Seraphina wasn't quite sure why her friends were so pressed over the subject. It made sense though, as she's always been used to being the strongest and not having to worry about that stuff.

"It's not as simple as you think Serry," Y/N rubbed her temple. "I've seen it many times first hand with John. When you're always stuck in situations and have no way to fight back, it fucks you up." Her finger trailed to the side of her head to point emphatically. "In here."

"She's correct." John continued the speech, glancing down at the concrete floor. "It makes you frustrated. Angry. Detached from yourself. It honestly sucks."

Ever since I've gotten back, they've been acting a bit different. The purple haired female stared at her two friends. Colder, and more distant...and when did Y/N have such horrible eye bags?

Y/N attempted one more time to persuade Seraphina from doing anything uneccessary. "There's no point in you having to go through that, especially when it's unavoidable. Please just be careful until your ability returns."

After a while, she sighed and closed her eyes. "Alright, I see. I'll take both of your advices, if you two must insist."

Oof. Thank god, I didn't think I could talk about deep shit any longer. Phew....

Wait a second...She perked up considerably, dread pooling within her.

It can't be...t-this is horrible...how did I just notice...?

"John....you're using hair gel again?!"

•••

I'm at the airport rn on the way to one of my 1846817 cousin's wedding
that also means I gotta make up a shit ton of schoolwork when I get back

fuck.

I haven't wrote a new chapter in 3 weeks rip 💀💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 554 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...
27.4K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
8.8K 320 24
It's just a normal day at Wellston when John's long lost sister shows up. She was taken by their mother so she could be trained and master her abilit...
15K 862 126
Cover Edit By Me This is Book 1 The twins; Zane & Zari, have enroll in Wellston High. They, along with their team, have a mission. To take down EMBER...