Little Bird || Kuroshitsuji ||

By chrissy531

Rei White, a hopeful student brimming with dreams and contagious excitement, found himself running late for g... More

Character description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Christmas special
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 38

2.3K 75 41
By chrissy531

Alrighty! Let's gooooo! new chapter! Hope you all enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei's POV

Yawning, I raise my arms and stretch as I walk out of the conference room, following my father closely behind. "Seems like we sorted most of the bad guys out..."

Rei-sama, why did they explode in white butterflies?

It's because they were made out of many souls that had high energy levels. My father basically created them with his magical energy, what was given can always be taken back.

...

Dad pauses from his long strides, "It seems you have matured. I'm happy, it seems you have figured some things out."

I put on a triumph face and puff out my chest, "Yes I have, after all, being stranded in a realm opened my eyes to some things that the books can't teach."

Rei-sama, it's best not to give him any ideas-

He puts a hand on his chin in a thinking pose, a familiar glint in his eye, "Yes... Indeed, perhaps this would be the best way..."

I tilt my head, "Huh??"

Best way for what?!

If I may... you played yourself Rei-sama.

What is that supposed to mean?!

Exactly as I said.

Patting my head he smirks and continues to walk ahead, leaving me behind with questions floating around me. That is, until a familiar voice calls out to me from down the hall.

"Rei!!!" Kyle runs up to me panting and I soon hear another set of footsteps from around the corner of the intersection in the hall.

"Huh???"

"Kyleeeeee!!! How dare you leave without us! You sneak! Getting away time with Rei!!" A certain sempai with green hair fumes as he chases not far behind.

"Rei-sama."

I jump slightly as our black haired friend appears besides me. Kyle on the other hand lets out a horrified shriek. I let out a sigh, "You almost scared me."

"Apologies Rei-sama... welcome back."

"Good to be back."

"Almost!? What's with you, you freaking ninja!" Kyle complains as he regains composure.

When Leo reaches us he glomps me to the ground and hugs my waist, "Rei~ Why did you have to leave for so long~" His green hair sprawls out with mine and I slowly sit up.

I rub my head awkwardly and let out a soft sigh before smiling, "It wasn't exactly a choice I made myself..."

Leo pouts and Kyle pulls me out of his grip, holding me out of reach and Leo comically tries to reach for me. A gleam given off from glasses blinds me for a short moment before Kyle and Leo shiver with cold sweat forming on their heads, "Now now you two should know not to handle Rei-sama like a rag doll, no? After all, he IS the heir to the realms and heaven."

I bet he doesn't even need glasses!

"O-Of course... hahaha..." Leo backs up jokingly with his hands up in surrender.

Kyle grows a tic mark, "Why the hell do you even wear damn glasses?! Angels eyes have perfect eyesight!"

He pushes up his glasses and smirks as they gleam again, "It's for intimidation purposes."

...knew it

Indeed you did Zhu Li.

I sweat drop and look at the ground which is a few feet away from me due to them holding me above their heads, "So is anyone going to let me down or..."

I'm lowered to the ground and I take in the chaos that we are and let out a chuckle, "I missed this."

"I didn't!" Kyle complains as he finds his way to my left side.

"Rei!" My dad calls me from all the way down the hall.

"Seems like his majesty is calling him." My black haired friend deadpans.

""We can tell."" Leo and Kyle say at the same time, sweat dropping.

"Rei come over! I've put something together for you!"

I get lightly pushed forward and I jog down the long and wide hall, passing by the openings in the wall to the gardens, the light tickling me with warmth as I make my way down the hall. I finally reach my father at the end of it.

"Follow me~" My father winks at me and I sweat drop at him.

He is planning something...

Definitely planning something.

Any thoughts?

No, your father is very spontaneous...

I sigh and follow after him, we take a left and go up the stairs to the supply room. The door opens automatically for us and we walk in. "So... what is this all about?"

My father chuckles and throws his head back, "Probably the best thing a father can ever do for their dearest son!"

Oh no, he is probably planning something stupid again....

You seem to be a veteran at detecting things like this.

It's because I am.

"I'm your only son."

"But you are still my favorite!" he counters and swings me around in a hug, "-and so I'm sending you on an adventure!" He passes me a circular slab the size of my palm and then passes me a space storage bag.

"...What adventure?" I give him a suspicious look.

"Well, during the time I was watching over the record of what you have done, I realized that it would positively impact you if I sent you to another realm. So, I developed this devise-" He points at the slab, "-as a method of communication and a tracker so I can know where you are and abort the mission if you come across something that is too much for you to handle-"

"-And so! Know that daddy loves you! Have fun my son! Everything you need is in the bag!"

"Wait. What!? But I just got back-" The feeling of a light pressure on my forehead is all I get as a warning before I am falling back, but as expected, the ground is not there to catch my fall. I see the rim of the realm portal device, the surroundings is mostly silent besides the sound of fabric shifting and feet pattering on the ground.

"Damnit!! Not again! Rei!"

"Rei~ Don't leave me behind this time~"

"Why the hell did you jump too?!"

"Have fun guys!!" The last was from my father, causing a tic mark to grow on the side of my head.

"Have fun doing the paper work yourself jerk!!" I shout up at him as I see his face drain of color.
Hmf! Should have thought of that before hand!

The last thing I see is Blue and Green reaching out to me, embracing my fallen form as we reach the end of the tunnel.

Dang it... Realm traveling sickness...

I deadpan, darkness beginning in the corners of my vision field and spreading as I loose conscious.

----------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: can you guess where we are taking the innocent bun?? ;3 )

3rd Person POV

Kunugigaoka Junior High School a prestigious private school located in Tokyo, Japan. It is renowned for being one of the top schools in all of Tokyo and has a high rate of successful students.

Inside of this school, Chairman Gakuhō Asano is sitting in his office. It's a regular day, nothing out of the ordinary. That is, until something, some one, or some kids blast through the roof of his school. Nearly crushing him and his desk.

His cold and calculative eyes scan what had come from supposedly the sky. Two males, spooning a smaller male in a protective cocoon. One of the males having pastel blue hair, and the other having long light green hair. The kid between them having glistening white hair that seems rather excessively long paired with feminine features.

The blue one lets out a groan before rolling onto his back, "Damn, that was one hell of a fall..."

The chairman raises an eyebrow, they survived a fall like that? Then again, not the most shocking thing I've seen.

The blue haired kid seems to realize that someone besides them were in the room as his eyes snaps open and he pushes himself up, nudging his companions. "Rei. Leo. Wake up, we aren't alone."

The green haired one pulls the white haired one into an embrace that is similar to one hugging a stuffed animal. "Mmmnnnnn, 1 more day..."

Aggravated, the blue one kicks the green one.

The green one shoots up, "Hey what was that for!!"

"To get your lazy ass up!"

The white haired male shifts and slowly gains conscious, "Guys... What's going on?" As he questions this, he reaches out to the fourth party that no one but himself knew about.

Zhu Li?

You are in Japan. Different time period, different realm.

Many thanks.

Yay! Rei-sama praised Zhu Li!!

Chairman Asano decides to finally speak up, "Well to sum it up, three kids fell from the roof of my school and left a hole the size of a small meteorite."

"Ah!" The white haired male dusts his robes off and bows politely, "Apologies, I am White Rei, my companions are Cross Kyle and Leo." (A/N: In most parts of South Eastern Asia, when they introduce themselves; their last name usually comes first.)

"I am Chairman Asano Gakuhō." Gakuho crosses his legs and leans in, "Splendid, now how do you plan to pay for property damage?" The Chairman enquires.

Leo walks to Rei's right side and taps Rei on the shoulder, whispering in his ear, "The bag your father gave to you, may I see it?"

Rei passes it to him and receives a wink from Leo. Leo approaches the desk, "It appears that this may perhaps be a school?"

"That would be correct."

Leo reaches into the bag and pulls out a stack of American currency. "I hope this covers the damage, and we would like to attend here. Does this school perhaps have dorms?"

The chairman shakes his head, "This can cover the cost of damage and school entry. You will have to take a placement test before entering the school, but unfortunately we do not provide dorms. We will also need identification to enter you into the school system."

Rei grabs the bag from Leo and reaches his arm into the infinite bag. The chairman's eyebrows raise even higher seeing a whole arm disappear in a medium-small sized bag.

"Ah! I think this is it!" Rei exclaims as pulls out a stack of folders, "Um..." He sweat drops before turning to the friends and whispers, "I think you guys need to find your folder in this stack..."

Leo and Kyle sweat drop at the heir, their friend. "Try to do it more subtly next time Rei~" Leo whispers into the said males ear, causing Kyle to pull Leo back by the collar.

They pull out their folders and hand it to the chairman. He receives them with a nod before opening his mouth, "I would usually give students a chance and you will still have to do placement testing, but unfortunately your odd behaviors and outgoing appearances will distract my students. Since testing is a few months away, I simply cannot afford for them to get distracted. That added with property damage, you will be placed in Class E. Please be sure to wear your uniforms every day and not wear... whatever you are wearing."

At this, Zhu Li decides to input his opinion;

How rude! Rei-sama look splendid in his clothes!

Thank you Zhu Li! Rei responds politely.

Rei nods along with the others, "Understood, thankyou for being lenient with us."

"Now if you would, take these test and you can start school in three days." He stands up, walking around the rubble and offers a hand directed at Rei.

Rei stares at it for a good second before remembering that it is a form of communication for humans. "Ah-" He reaches forward and uses both hands to shake the hand offered by the chairman "-pleasure working with you sir!"

______Time skip______

Rei's POV

As Kyle, Leo, and I walk down the street of Japan within the school district. I turn around and face my two friends as I walk backwards, "So, how do we do the purchase of a house?" I eyes brimming with excitement and curiosity.

Kyle sweat drops and deadpans at me. I stare at the two of them and watch as Leo's nose drips blood... "WHAT IS GOING THOUGH YOUR MIND!" Kyle slaps the back of Leo's head and I giggle at their antics.

"Rei~ Save me~ Kyle is being abusive towards me!" Leo complains and he runs up to drape himself over me.

"Alright, Alright, Unlike last time we don't have anyone to offer housing for free... And I doubt that anyone in this era would... It seems that it is a give and take society..." Kyle mumbles.

"Well it seems rather late..." Leo mumbles as we all turn to see what he was looking at. The sun slowly going down, dipping behind the curtains of the mountains, the sky dyed in shades of pink and purple. Almost as if was bidding us good bye and good luck before it retires for the night.

"Should we find a hotel?" Leo suggests.

"-you have to be at least eighteen to get a hotel room..." Kyle says, shooting down that idea.

"Hotel?" I inquire.

"An place that people stay when they need a place to stay for a short period of time." Kyle informs.

Yah, what he said...

"Oh... so where do we stay?"

Well, we could always stay in the trees...

No.

"No." Leo says firmly.

"Well it's not like we have another option... Plus there is nothing bad about it... Let's go find a nice and big tree..." I say ignoring the other two, "Come, this way. The mountains should be fairly safe, lower risk of being seen by others."

When we finally find a good tree, I hop up to one of the top branches. The crickets singing their soft tunes by the time we are seated comfortably in the sturdy branches. Kyle hops between me and the trunk, "Use me as a pillow."

I stare at him, "..."

"..."

"..."

"...Okay." I lean my back onto Kyle, and before I noticed Leo jumped up too and started hugging my waist and using my lap as a pillow.

"Spoiled brat." Kyle mutters as he deadpans at Leo who was already fast asleep.

"Night."

"Night." My eyes scan the quiet forest and I watch the white butterflies, the souls of this world, dance around, lighting up the night like fireflies.

Hey Zhu Li.

Yes?

Although I physically do not need sleep... Why do I have a strong urge to rest my eyes?

Because you are at peace, now rest.

Alright, good night Zhu Li.

Good night Rei-sama.

______________________________________

3rd Person POV

As the three rest peacefully in the tree, a certain yellow octopus cleaning a classroom slithers out of the classroom. "Nufufufufufu~ It seems like I will be meeting my new students earlier than anticipated~"

A slithering shadow begins to loom over the sleeping trio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count of 2506.

And that's a wrap for this story, I have the sequel posted already, check it out! I hope you enjoyed this! I'm grinding the chapters out for the next book! I hope to see all of you there! Good bye for now my lovelies~

I hope to see you all in "Little Bird in an Assassination Realm"!!!
~The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.7K 19
Sebastian + Demon Reader: You're a demon so bad that you were kicked out of hell by Satan himself. When Sebastian and his young master, Ciel, end up...
145K 4.4K 35
What if Ciel didn't made a deal with one demon, but instead he made a deal with two demons? Expect this one demon is special...meet (Y/n) (L/n), a sp...
11.7K 198 30
When you find yourself at the brink of death you manage to summon none other than Sebastian Michaelis. Shocked you realized that he was real... but w...
351K 9.7K 47
[[OLD STORY, LOTS OF TYPOS]] A demon cannot love, they said. They're all evil, they said. But the true villains of all are humans. When a daughter o...