Five Little Sacrifices

由 Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 13

647 26 11
由 Veikari

Two hours were up quickly and they had to return back to Teina's shop with empty hands.

"Seems like you guys didn't have any luck either", Roscoe huffed waiting in front of the door, Puppu resting on top of his head.

"We're no lucky", Peppe sighed flying beside the other doll, settling on top of it.

"We're no good!" Puppu wailed.

"Shut up already", Roscoe grunted. "I've been hearing that crying enough."

"Have you seen Ever or Bickslow yet?" Laxus asked and he was holding Felix on his shoulders and the boy was all worn out because of all the walking, leaning against his head and ready to fall asleep at any minute.

"Not yet, but they should arrive soon."

After few minutes, Evergreen appeared and she shook her head as an answer for their question about Chester. Right after that Bickslow found his way back as well and since he was alone, it meant they had failed their mission.

"Shit, I hate it when things don't go well", Laxus grunted annoyed as they stepped inside the shop.

"No one likes it when things don't go well, Laxus", Ever pointed out.

"Not all missions can always work out", Freed reminded. "This is a big city and I'm sure that even though he is young, Chester knows exactly how to move around here so he might not be in this area at all anymore. He might be anywhere inside this large city."

"That's a good point, baby", Bickslow said letting his 'babies' under his cape to take a nap. "Oh, by the way! I saw that Rufus the dufus guy from Sabertooth."

"What?" Laxus growled instantly frowning and Freed sighed. It seemed like Laxus wasn't yet ready to forget how Rufus tried to seduce Freed to go out with him years ago. Well, he shouldn't really be surprised, it was Laxus after all.

"We actually saw Rogue and Sting too", the rune mage said. "They told us they are on a vacation, guess they came with the whole team or he has his own businessess here."

"Makes sense. I wonder if Orga is here too", Bickslow smirked. "Would love to fight with him, last time he really torched my babies with his lightning when we were against each other in Grand Magic Games two years ago. I want a payback."

"We're not here to have battles", Freed reminded.

"You guys came back", Teina smiled as she finally appeared from the backdoor.

"Why do you leave your shop without anyone to keep an eye if customers come...?" Ever muttered.

"Actually, Chester came back some time after you all left", Teina smiled. "Isn't that funny? It's like he was waiting that you all would be gone before coming back to have a dinner!"

"I bet that's exactly what he did..." Roscoe murmured annoyed. "So where is he now?"

"He left."

"What?" they almost shouted.

"I did try to convince him to stay, but he didn't want to", Teina sighed leaning against the counter. "After all, he is really shy even though it might not seem like it. I told him that it would be good for him if he went with you to your guild but he didn't say anything, like usual. That boy rarely talks about anything."

"Maybe he didn't have time to say anything?" Ever snickered and Freed slightly poked her with his elbow.

"But he didn't seem like he was against it really", Teina smiled, not at all affected because of Ever's mutters. "I told him the name of the tavern where you're staying and said that he should drop by there. He might not say yes right away, but let him get to know you a little bit first. I'm sure he will come to see you guys."

"You seem awfully optimistic about that", Laxus grunted.

"I just have this feeling, you know? Sure, it is also possible he won't come, but I believe in him. I told him you would help him and he might find friends and even a family from your guild."

"Big promises", Roscoe said.

"If you won't do it, I will snap those collars right back on your necks since you don't have money to pay my prices."

"Sassy", Bickslow cackled. "Don't worry, we'll take him with us, baby. If he wants to come, that is."

"Wonderful!" Teina smiled brightly. "But please do come see me one last time if he decides to leave. I want to tell him to take care and behave."

They nodded and after changing few more words, they finally left the shop and headed towards Dancing Nope.

Journey back to the tavern was a lot more quicker now, since they could use the tram car. Not that Laxus really liked travelling with it even if he wasn't feeling nauseous anymore. But Felix was excited, all awake again and looking around, being amazed how fast they were going.

"How is this car moving?" he asked from Bickslow.

"Well you see, there are little vulcans hidden inside this car, lined up and they are using tiny little pedals, creating a huge amount of energy so we can move", the seith mage grinned and Felix's eyes widened.

"I want to see them!" he said quickly.

"No can do, baby. We're not allowed to distrub them while they work."

"But what if they get tired?"

"When we stop, there are actually little stops hidden under the street rocks and only they can move those rocks. When the car stays still, they quickly scatter from the front of the car and go under the rocks, while new ones come inside from behind the car and they take the turn."

"Is that true?" Felix asked looking at Laxus who grunted.

"I wouldn't care less even if this thing moved with vulcan's sweat and tears", he said and Ever chuckled.

"He is not a big fan of anything like cars, trains or similar", she smiled to Felix and Laxus growled.

"Why?" Felix asked, looking at Laxus with his big turquoise eyes full of curiosity.

"I just don't like them."

"Mama says that is just an opinion, while I asked an explanation. Every opinion comes from some kind of an experience thus there is an explanation for the opinion. If the explanation is not good enough, there should be no reason to really hate something. Did I say it right?" Felix smiled looking at Freed who chuckled.

"Yes you did", the rune mage nodded.

"Stop teaching him stuff like that", Laxus frowned looking at Freed who shrugged.

"We have such a clever son, wouldn't it be waste not to teach him all this?"

"Do you know what that means what you said?" Laxus asked looking at his son.

"Mama said it when I said I don't want to eat brussels sprouts", Felix said. "It means that I can't know if I like them if I won't try them."

"You taught him that too, just in case if I ever ask if he knows what it means...."

"Guilty as charged", Freed smirked.

"So, why do you hate cars, dad?" Felix asked.

"I just don't like them, I've tried them and didn't like them, that is an explanation and created my current opinion", the Thunder God said.

"Oh", Felix said. "Okay."

"Not everything needs to have a complicated explanation", Freed smiled.

"I see. I don't want to eat brussels sprouts because they look yucky and they smell bad", Felix said looking at Freed. "That is a good explanation, right?"

"Short and simple, yes."

"So I don't need to eat them anymore?"

"Yes you do."

"Why?"

"Because I'm your mama and I say so", Freed said and Felix pouted.

"That is not a good explanation..." he muttered.

"But it's highly effective", Laxus chuckled.

Needless to say, rest of the way was full of pouting, even though Felix was still interested to look out from the windows. Finally they stepped out of the car and Felix tried to be quick and look under the tram car so he could see the tiny vulcans, but he was lifted up before he could do so.

"Don't just stand there, you're blocking the way from other people", Laxus said as they stepped aside and let others step in the car.

"Come on, let's go so we can have dinner", Bickslow grinned. "I'm hungry."

"After that I think it might be good for us to go to bed", Freed said as they started walking. "At least Felix should go to sleep", he said looking at the boy who was hanging on Laxus' armpit, looking really disappointed that he couldn't have a chance to see himself if those little vulcans really existed.

"It has been a long day already", Ever said and stretched. "And since we couldn't find Chester today, we probably have to continue looking for him tomorrow."

"We promised for Sting and Rogue that we would meet them at Domus Flau tomorrow at noon", Freed said. "But we can search for him before and after that."

"Seems that we don't go and search that far", Roscoe said and stopped, so they did the same.

They looked at the tavern and there was the same young boy with dark blue hair, obviously waiting for them to arrive. Once he noticed them coming closer, he straightened himself from leaning against the wall.

"Teina told me that you are part of a mage guild", he said, his blue eyes studying them more than before and in a different angle now. He knew those people were different from regular customers right away when they stepped in the shop. And he had suspected they were mages since why would someone put those kinds of collars on people who couldn't use magic in the first place?

"That is true", Freed nodded.

"What guild is it?"

"Fairy Tail", Laxus said and Felix looked at Chester. He looked a little bit different. Last time he was almost lazy and didn't really care about what happened around, but this time Chester was interested yet still slightly on alert. He obviously didn't trust them yet at all.

"I've heard of it", Chester said his eyes slightly widening. But then they narrowed. "Prove it", he said.

They looked at each other and shrugged. Freed showed his hand and Ever moved the shawl she was wearing to cover her shoulders from the sun. Laxus lifted his shirt enough to show the black mark on his left side and Bickslow of course sticked out his tongue. Roscoe took off his visor that was covering his jaw and there was a dark red mark just under his chin, on the right side of his neck.

Felix admired all those marks. He wanted to have one too as fast as he could! He would definitely take it on his side just like Laxus, it looked really cool.

Chester looked at them and he seemed to think something really fast.

"I know magic", he finally announced.

"Is that so? What magic do you use?" Laxus asked letting his shirt fall back and Roscoe put his visor back on to cover the lower half of his face.

Chester lifted his hands.

"Silver Make: knives", he said and two simple little knives appeared on his palms.

"Silver magic?" Freed said and they were all surprised.

"That is one rare magic you got there", Laxus said impressed.

"I guess", Chester said looking at the little knives that had little carvings on them. "I don't really know much spells yet..."

"You will learn", Bickslow grinned. "Say, could you maybe make some coins for us?"

"No", Chester said looking at Bickslow like he was a total idiot. "And that is illegal."

"I guess so", Bickslow sighed crossing his arms.

"Well, you know magic so there shouldn't be any problems for you to join us", Laxus said and Felix looked at him. Would they really take Chester with them? "But you have to leave Crocus if you want to join Fairy Tail. Our Guild House is in Magnolia."

"That's okay", Chester nodded and Freed was surprised how calm the boy was with all this. He couldn't help but think that there must be some kind of a reason why he was so eager to join them.

"You can still think it over, we are going to stay here at least tomorrow still", Freed assured. "If you want, you can stay with us here in Dancing Nope. It is good to have some information of Fairy Tail before you do decisions that will change your life. You can share room with Bickslow and Roscoe."

Chester looked at them as the group stepped inside the tavern. He hadn't actually planned to befriend with anyone, he just needed a place where he could learn to control his magic better. Teina had told him that he might find a new family and lots of new friends but that wasn't what he needed.

Chester muttered something and followed others inside. Guess he had to talk with them more if he wanted to join Fairy Tail.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

178K 3.9K 52
Gajeel is assigned to spy on Raventail for Master Makarov when he finds Ivan's little secret. Ivan's daughter, Maylene Dreyar, and poor Maylene is af...
2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?
108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...