Passing Motions

Autorstwa xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... Więcej

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER TWENTY

6.2K 286 60
Autorstwa xFakingaSmilex

CHAPTER TWENTY

London bounds into the lounge room with a bright smile. Her blonde hair sways over her shoulder as she leaps onto my lap. She straddles my knees and grins. I poke her tummy and she erupts with laughter. I stick her sides and she crashes into my chest.

"What are we going to do today?" I smile.

Lo bats my hands away and inhales a deep breath; her cheeks bright red.

"Can we play with something?"

"Of course we can! Should we go outside and water the garden, go swimming, paint, draw or play with your unicorns?"

"Can we please paint unicorns?" She beams with happiness.

"Sounds like a plan! We could make pictures for your grandparents."

"Can I have the glitter?"

"Hm, I'll think about that."

"I promise I won't drop it."

"Still thinking." I poke her side.

Lo rests on my chest and peeks up, her blue eyes shimmering with happiness. I kiss the top of her head and sigh.

"I'll sprinkle the glitter onto the page, how about that?"

"Okay." She nods.

"Should we paint outside or inside?"

"Hm!" She ponders. "Outside and maybe I can use the glitter?"

"We'll see."

The doorbell rings and I swing London under my arm and haul her down the hallway. Her legs flail as giggles erupt.

I hoist her up and she opens the door. Tori smiles and London waves.

"Hi baby." She waves.

"We're going to paint unicorns today."

"It's a good thing I bought you this then." Tori holds up a stuffed purple unicorn with pink and white glittery hair.

"I love it so much," she squeals.

Blake wanders out of the bedroom and I sigh. He hooks his arm around my waist and squeezes my side.

"I promise to be good," he whispers.

"Hi Blake." Tori looks at the ground.

"Can we talk?"

"Oh okay."

"We'll set the painting up outside and you can join us when you're ready." I smile.

"Thanks, Ava."

Tori passes the unicorn to Lo, and she nuzzles it to her chest.

I place Lo on the ground and she skips into the living room. I wander to the laundry and gather the painting equipment from the cupboard.

She carries the box which contains glitter very carefully outside.

I close the door and turn the speakers up. London sprawls across the grass and grins.

"Can we paint clouds?"

"You can paint whatever you want."

"Okay." She nods.

"Can you put the unicorn on the deck so it's safe?"

"Yes." She nods.

Lo races to the desk while I unpack the paint supplies on the grass. If we paint and glitter everywhere, Blake might be a little mad, but I'll take that over cleaning it.

She paints blue and white dots on the page and moved to the next. Henry, the new unicorn, is her inspiration, although it looks like a large purple spot.

Three pictures in, Tori wanders out with puffy eyes. She sits beside London and smiles.

"Is that the unicorn I bought you?"

"I named him Henry."

"Is the picture for me?"

"No."

"Oh."

"We're making art work for your grandparents, isn't that right."

"Yes." She nods.

"Are you going to paint Henry for all of them?"

"No."

"Are you going to put glitter in all of them?" I chuckle.

"Yes!" Lo shouts.

On her next picture, Lo points to the tub of glitter. I nudge it towards Tori and smile.

She takes the box and tugs on a smile.

"What colour do you want?"

Lo peers into the box and points to the purple glitter. Tori uncaps the tube and passes it to Lo. I bite my lip as she sprinkles it on the page.

She hands me the page and moves to the next one.

"Who's this one for?" Tori asks.

"For my baby sister."

Lo blobs a yellow dot on the page and sticks her finger into the green tub.

"Your sister?" Tori frowns.

"We're all very excited for her, isn't that right?" I raise an eyebrow.

Tori closes her mouth and nods.

I don't think Tori realises just how much London understands and feels. She's not a baby anymore, she has her own thoughts.

Lo draws the stem of the flower with her finger, then sips her other fingers into the pink and purple paint to make the petals.

She passes the page to Tori and points to the silver glitter. Tori sprinkles it on and smiles.

"I think she's going to love it."

"Can we put it in her room?" Lo smiles.

"Of course!" I nod.

Once she's finished painting, Tori and I move them to the table. Lo grabs the edge of the table and peers over the top.

"What should we do now?" Tori crouches beside London.

"Um." She frowns. "Can we watch something on the tv?"

"What about your trike?"

"Oh." She pouts.

"You're supposed to be spending time with us." I lean down and poke her sides.

"Grab your trike and we'll go for a walk, if that's okay with Ava?"

"Run inside and grab your shoes and helmet."

Lo nods and races inside.

Tori folds her arms and I take a deep breath.

"Can you talk to Blake about the adoption papers? You already have full-custody, there's no way letting him adopt her too."

I slide my hand over my stomach and sigh.

"What's so bad about Blake adopting London? Doesn't he at least deserve that after everything he's been through? He missed school, went to work, and raised her through all those tough times."

"He didn't have to do that."

"Didn't have to?" I gasp. "When did you give him a choice? He didn't know he wasn't the father until after you left him to raise her. You've created Blake and I into these monsters when we're not."

Tori bites her lip and looks away.

"Talk to London about things, she actually enjoys living with us. We would never stop you, or your parents from visiting her."

She shakes her head, tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Just think about what's best for London. If you decide you don't want to sign the papers, then okay, it's your choice."

"I feel like I'm a failure."

"Life is all about the baby steps. You stumble, you fall, but you always get up."

"Thank you."

"If you decide you want to sign the papers, Blake's birthday is coming up soon and it'll be the best present."

"I'll think about it."

"London's taking forever, I bet she's gone to Blake to ask about watching tv." I chuckle.

"She's so cheeky." Tori smiles.

We walk inside and Blake carries London out of the hallway. She pouts but Blake shakes his head and crosses his arms.

"We're going to, ah." I hold the chair and groan.

Blake dashes to my side and rubs my back.

"Are you alright?"

"Just nausea." I sigh.

"Lay down and I can go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." He nods.

"Thanks."

Blake scoops Lo up and takes her outside.

"Can I show you my paintings first?"

"Sure." He nods.

Tori wanders outside and steps to the side. Her heart sinks and my stomach churns. I wander down the hallway and fall onto the bed. I wish I could stay here for a couple of weeks.

During July, updates will be once a week and probably late because I'm editing Roots for the Watty's. Once August 1st hits, everything will be back to normal!  I post about chapter progress and such on my Instagram & Snapchat stories. My user for both is theescapestory. I know it's annoying, but it means a lot to me. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1 0 1
While being independent for a lot of years, Accalia Pal suddenly crossed paths with two men, Rafael and Zane that will change her life story.
12.6M 347K 38
Sometimes we keep secrets because we know the truth will hurt more, but what happens when you keep a secret? Ava pretends she's happy despite struggl...
34.8K 970 34
Blake never knew her dad. After living on the streets for 4years, she decides to go do something with her life. So what if she is in the same situati...
8.7K 367 9
𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ; 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏 [COMPLETED] ᴘʀᴏʜᴇʀᴏ ᴋɪʀɪsʜɪᴍᴀ ᴇɪᴊɪʀᴏ x sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ As a single parent, yo...