Ordinary | Randall Carpio

By hummingbird_123

Where an ordinary girl gets mixed up with dark magic, werewolves and other creatures but finds love on the wa... More

Cast
Epigraph
01
02
03
04
06
07

05

3.1K 94 6
By hummingbird_123

I pace the small space of Jacks room as he looks up at me from where he's sitting on the edge of his bed.
"Ok, let me get this straight" I say stopping to turn and look at him, "The so called society 'Blue Rose' is real and you've been pledged, and they do some voodoo magic shit and it's top secret so I shouldn't say anything?" I squint my eyes and cross my arms in front of me looking to him for confirmation.

He leans forward and rests his elbows on his arms and holds his head up with his hands. Jack nods, "Yep" he replies shrugging.

"If I didn't see this magic shit in person or that big wolf thing I really wouldn't believe you, but i guess it kinda makes sense...?" I say to him but also questioning myself waving my hands around like a mad person.

I sigh and turn to sit next to Jack on the edge of his bed. "So.....can you show me some magic" I smile teasing him.

He turns to me trying to look annoyed but failing as a small laugh escapes his lips. "Shut up you're soo annoying" he laughs pushing me slightly making me laugh as well.

"Ok anyway" he said dragging out the 'a', "I'm going back to Pop's" he stood up. "He's gonna help me figure out what that beast thing was last night" he continued putting on his denim jacket and grabbing his wallet.

I stand up and grab his arm before he can start walking. "Wait, you told Pop's about all this before me?" I question slightly hurt that he didn't trust me enough to tell me.

He turned to look at me with a confused look on his face. "Yeah, he was the one who wanted me to get into the Blue Rose" he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Before I can say anything further he walks out the door leaving me alone and full of unanswered questions. I pinch the bridge of my nose and groan loudly before stomping out heading towards my own dorm, closing Jacks door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~

A laugh escapes my lips as Brandon and I leave the mall, my arms completely covered with bags.

"Girl are you good?" He asks looking at me with wide eyes.

"No yeah, I'm fine. The bags are just a bit heavy" I say waddling struggling to keep up with him.

"Are you stress shopping or something" he laughs watching me struggle.

"No" I whisper looking down towards the ground. I look up to see him with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "Ok yes" I mumble trying to hide a smile.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong" he said as he grabbed some of my bags, helping me carry them to his car.

"Thanks. And um, I just found out that my brother was keeping something from me and I was the last person he told. But the only reason he actually confessed was because I witnessed it soo....I feel kinda betrayed ya know" I reply with a frown. Brandon opens the trunk of his car putting his bags and mine in the car before heading towards the drivers side.

"Well brothers can be like that sometimes, maybe he kept it from you for a reason, like to protect you or something" he shrugs getting into the drivers seat.

"Maybe" I whisper to myself before hopping into the passengers side.

~~~~~~~~~~

I play with my hands as I wait for Jack to come, sitting on the edge of his bed. My eyes scan his plain shared dorm room as I try to occupy myself with a lose thread on my shirt. My head whips right as the door opens and Jack enters. I quickly stand up as he turns around getting a high pitched squeal from him.

"What the hell Stella" He says with a hand on his chest as I laugh at him. "You scared me" he sighs dropping his bag.

"Obviously" I laugh. My smile disappears as I remember why I'm here. I slowly walk towards him making eye contact with me.

"How did you even.."Jack begins but is cutt off as I bring him into a hug, "get in here" he quietly finishes wrapping his arms around me to return the hug. I slowly release him smiling. "What was that for?" He asks as he scrunches his eyebrows.

I shrug smiling, "Just for being a great brother" I reply. We both go to sit on the edge of his bed, comfortable with each others company.

"Hey Jack" I say to get his attention, "Is your room mate ever here?" I question as I've never met him. He turns to look at me then to the opposite side of the room. Instead of answering my question he stands up and walks to his room mates side inspecting his belongings.

My face scrunches as I see his finger coated in dust after he swiped his finger along his room mates desk. I tilt my head as he goes to sniff his finger shaking my head at his weirdness. I roll my eyes and grab my phone trying to entertain myself as Jack snoops through his roommates stuff.

I lift my head as I hear the door open and an older boy with curly hair and a cap enters the room.

"Clay?" Jack asks.

"I told you not to touch my shit" 'Clay' who I'm guessing is Jack's roommates says. Jack turns around to look at clay with eyes wide and a pale face.

"Sorry" Jack replies as his eyes quickly meet mine then look back at Clay.

"I suppose I should probably thank you" Clay says making me confused, "Because of you, I live again. I have a purpose". I shuffle closer to the headboard of Jacks bed to get as far away from Clay as possible, kinda weirded out by him.

"What did i do?" Jack questions tilting his head.

Clay smiles, "Well you figured it out. But now, now, I have to kill you" Clay says with a creepy smirk and emotionless tone.

"What?!" I yell scared with wide eyes looking towards my brother for answers.

Jack goes to step towards me but Clay mirrors his step. Jack takes another step towards me only for Clay to do the same. Before Jack can get any closer to me Clay's arm turns to mud and stretches out grabbing Jacks face, pulling him closer. I jump off the bed and onto my feet with my mouth wide open not knowing what to do. Me eyes scan the room for anything I can use as a weapon.

I see Jacks desk chair and go towards it, picking it up. I run towards Clay and hit him with the chair, it breaking on impact. My face whitens as he's unfazed and turns towards me. Clay pushes me back with a lot of force into the wall leaving a hole where I hit it.

My vision goes blurry as I see Clay leaning over Jack, his hand stopping Jack from breathing. My heads thumping as I try to pick myself up off the floor. To no avail I drop back onto the ground and close my eyes as the bright light becomes to much to handle.

Once the pain in my head starts to die down I slowly open my eyes again to see Jack doing something to Clays now mud face. I groan as I try once again to stand up, my arms shaking as I push myself off the ground. Just as I stand on my feet Clay falls to the ground letting go of Jack. My eyes squint as I look towards his rocky lifeless figure.

I turn towards Jack raising my hand to my temples trying to relieve some pain. "What the hell just happened" I asked struggling to stay up right.

He looks towards me with his eyes wide "I have no fucking idea" he says in between pants.

I squint my eyes as I stumble towards his bed. "Do you have any Advil?" I question as I sit down on the bed in too much pain to care about any actual answers.

A/N
Sorry it took so long to update, but I've been really busy with school and work that I just didn't have time to update. Anyway, I'll try my best to update as often as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 14.3K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.9M 85.9K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
195K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
135K 6.2K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...