The Text

By ShaynaRWheeler

"You are a worthless piece of trash! We should've gotten rid of you when we had the chance!" My abusive dad s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 - Part Two
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
IMPORTANT
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Go Follow My Twitter Account!
Hey Guys!
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Chapter 20

11.2K 365 102
By ShaynaRWheeler

From: Weirdo

'How was school?'

I havn't replied to him yet and I don't think I want to. I can't let him care about me. I'm just gonna bring trouble into his already messed up life. I'm just too much for him to handle. My life is too much for him to handle. Heck, it's almost too much for me to handle. As I took a seat on the hard ground, he text me again.

'So are you just gonna ignore me or what?'

I still didn't reply. If I do, it'll just make him think that I want to talk to him. I do but I know it's a bad idea. It's very tempting to reply. I want to just tell him how my day was. I want to ask him about Mike. I want to ask how his day was. There's so much I want to do but I know I can't. Life is so crappy.

'You're afraid aren't you?'

How does he always know what's running through my head? This time, I replied.

'No. Please just leave me alone. I'm nothin' but trouble.'

'We all have baggage, Adams. How we carry it is what matters. I just want to have a normal conversation for once. Can you not manage that?'

'Nope. Bye Hayden.'

Just texting him gives me butterflies. I hate that. I hate it so freakin' much. I can't like him. I don't like him. Do I?

The sound of leaves and small sticks crunching beneath someone or somethings feet pulled me out of my confusing thoughts. I turned my head towards the location of the sound and my eyes widened in shock. I could feel my lips curve up into a wide smile, even though they didn't have my permission.

"Sup, Adams. Surprised to see me?"

"Yeah. Why are you here?"

"I hate being ignored and I told you I want to have a normal conversation. For starters, why are you out here instead of inside?" Hayden asked, looking at our surroundings.

"Umm....I...My....My parents kind of....kicked me out for a few weeks." I muttered, avoiding his eyes burning into every part of my fragile body.

"They what?!?" He yelled.

"Shhh!! They're sleeping! Don't wake them up or we'll both be six feet under." I whisper yelled, putting my hand over his loud mouth.

The second our skin met, I felt a spark. I know that sounds cliché, but I seriously felt a bolt of lightning travel throughout my body. I yanked my hand back to my side, trying to wipe away the feelings he just gave me. This can't be happening.

"They're your parents, Adams. They shouldn't kick you out in the freakin' cold a** weather."

"Exactly. They're my parents. They don't give a sh** about me. I told you I'm nothin' but trouble. Just leave Hayden. It's for the best."

He didn't say another word. He turned around and went back to where he came from. I let out a deep breath and took a seat. Why in the he** does he think it's okay to just come by my house uninvited? He has some nerve. I should've kicked him in the balls and sent him home. I'm frustrated with him. I'm frustrated with the way he makes me feel and the way he just came waltzing into my life without a warning. Hayden Miller is such a freakin' a**hole.

"Scoot over buttercup."

I jumped about ten feet in the air. That familiar deep voice echoed through the dark night. I shivered just a bit before I turned to my right.

"What the he** do you think you're doing?!? Go away Hayden!! You can't be here!" I shouted, shoving him to the side.

"Shh! You're parents are sleeping." He whispered, unzipping his ocean blue sleeping bag.

"What are you doing? You can't sleep here!!"

"I can and I will. If you have to sleep outside, so do I." He stated, resting his head on the built in pillow.

"No you don't. You have a home. You have a warm bed and nice parents to go to. You don't have to be out here with me." I said, bringing the small blanket over my body.

"You're right. I don't have to be out here with you. I want to be here. I'll be gone before your parents wake up. I promise. Just let me stay here. You won't regret it, Adams."

"Please quit calling me by my last name. It's disrespectful and annoying."

"So is that a yes? Can I stay here?" He asked, a smirk appearing on his face.

"If you're not gone by five, you better be prepared to get your balls chopped off."

"Deal."

We laid in silence for a few minutes before I felt strong arms wrap around me. He pulled me into his sleeping bag and tucked the fluffy blanket under me. I feel so safe here. He makes me feel like nothing can hurt me. But I know it's all just some stupid bullsh** I'm imagining. As soon as I wake up, I'm gonna get a beating. He can't protect me. He never will, no matter how bad I want him to.

"You looked cold and lonely over there. There's plenty of room in my bag so you can just sleep here." He stated, hugging me.

"No. That's alri-"

"Shhh. Just lay your head on my chest. Let's just enjoy the night. Don't think about what can happen tomorrow. Live in the moment."

And that's what I did. I fell asleep wrapped in his arms, looking up at the beautiful stars shining down on us from above.

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

The bright sun woke me from my slumber. I was no longer in his arms. I was no longer just 'living in the moment'. Today was a new day and I have to face it now. I rolled over only to be hit by a tall grocery bag. There was a note taped to the front of it.

Good morning, sunshine. There's some chocolate milk, pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, and a hashbrown in the bag for you. Don't worry about giving me back my sleeping bag. I'll be back tonight. See you at school, Adams.    With friendly love, Your Future BFF.

I couldn't help but smile. He has no idea how much this means to me. I opened the bag and devoured the meal in just a few short minutes. This is the best meal I've had since......well since forever. I've never had something like this before. After finishing the delicious food, I stepped inside for a quick shower and a change of clothes. I let my hair dry into its natural waves, pinning my bangs back with a small red hair bow. My dad left for work as soon as I stepped into the shower, which means my mom will be beating me today. That's better than my dad. At least I won't be in a lot of pain when I go to school. I slipped on my distressed skinny jeans and baggy Rolling Stones t-shirt with my black combat boots. I applied a small amount of mascara and base and then ran into the kitchen to grab my school bag. Before I even reached the hanger behind the front door, a pan hit the top of my head, sending me straight to the floor in excruciating pain.

"Get up. You can't be late for school." My mom stated, walking to the living room.

I slowly stood up, rubbing my head continuously, trying to rid of the pain. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I stood at the bus stop for a few minutes before the bus arrived. I took a seat beside Lindsey and laid my aching head onto the back of the uncomfortable seat.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"Migraine." I replied.

"Yeah I can see why. You have blood dripping down your forehead. What in the he** happened to you?!?"

"I....uhh....I tripped on a rock this morning. Nothing to worry about." I said, wiping the blood off with the ends of my shirt.

"Yes it is!! As soon as we get to school, you're going to the nurse."

"No I'm not, Lindsey. I'm fine. Just drop it." I stated, rubbing my fingers in a circular motion on my temples.

"Fine. Take some medicine at least."

"I don't have any medicine."

"I do." She said, reaching into her purse. "Here. Take two now and if it's not better by lunch, take two more."

"Thank you." I replied, shoving the pills to the back of my throat.

I swallowed the pills and drifted off to sleep, waiting for the wake up call from Lindsey.

(A/N Omg!! This was a crappy chapter in my opinion. It's way too short. It's more of a filler. Thank you soooo very much for reading!! The Text is now over 7K reads!! You're all so freakin' amazing!! Please vote and comment! Love y'all! :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 183 17
Chloe and Drew grew up together in the same small town as the two inseperable kids. As with all childhood friendships sometimes do they also grew apa...
856 31 29
All Chloe wants is to leave her small town in Colorado. She feels trapped and barley makes it through the day without screaming her heart out. She's...
1.6K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...