Right By Your Side ~ Larry St...

By ontsmette

Marine Biologist Harry Styles works at SeaWorld Australia and conducts dolphin therapy sessions for people su... More

Right By Your Side
Chapter 1: Changes
Chapter 2: Colder now
Chapter 3: Bloodstained heart
Chapter 4: Maybe it found me
Chapter 5: Friends
Chapter 6: Warm Whispers
Chapter 7: Nakedgate 2.0
Chapter 8: Nightminds
Chapter 9: Fighting a losing battle
Chapter 10: Insatiable
Chapter 11: Secrets
Chapter 11: The pause
Chapter 14: A temporary love
Chapter 15: Our armageddo
Chapter 16: No good in goodbye
Chapter 17: Can't give you up
Chapter 18: I won't let go of you, I swear
Chapter 19: I am yours
Chapter 20: Our new beginning
Chapter 21: Epilogue
New book!

Chapter 13: I'll fight

1.2K 30 4
By ontsmette

"But if you ever fall down, straight to the bottom
And you can't get back where you started
With no strength to stand, I'm gonna reach for your hand
When the going gets rough, right when it's hurting
I'll be there to help bear the burden
Any place any time, you gotta know for you I'll fight"
Daughtry

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to break Haz – I'm fine!" Louis insisted in a deliberately light voice. He continued making their tea as Harry hovered over him in the kitchen of Louis' place. Harry had just asked him, as he had every evening that week, if he was OK.

"I just want to make sure you're alright, Lou – I mean, you'd tell me, wouldn't you, if you weren't coping? Or if, like, you hated it?" Harry replied.

Louis sighed. He knew Harry was worried – and he wasn't alone, Louis was worried too. But he was trying desperately to put on a brave face for Harry, trying not to let him down.

The problem was, it had been almost a week of working with Ian and he'd made no progress at all.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

It all just felt wrong – had felt wrong from the outset, and it wasn't getting any better. He was feeling anxious all the time and his interactions with Ian always seemed stiff and awkward, no matter how hard they both tried to make it work. He was struggling to build the same trust he had with Harry – but that was to be expected considering the nature of his relationship with Harry.

It wasn't anything Ian had done – he had tried very hard to help Louis adjust. It's just that, well, he wasn't Harry. He wasn't what Louis was used to, what he responded to. They had very different styles of treatment – from the way they spoke, to the pace they wanted to work at and even the approach they used. Ian was much more clinical and reserved than Harry was.

This was probably due to the fact that Harry was used to dealing with children, meaning he was softer, more patient and more about working intuitively. Ian, on the other hand, was used to treating adults, so he was a little harder, pushed a little more and liked working to a schedule. While he was a genuinely nice person, there were no soft words or reassuring touches like Louis had from Harry, and however inappropriate they had been, those words and touches had made Louis feel completely safe in Harry's care.

Such a change in technique and approach had left Louis reeling and feeling disoriented, filled with uncertainty. When he coupled that with the emotional turmoil of trying to figure out what was going to happen between him and Harry, he had felt completely drained all week. He'd spoken to Megan about it in their sessions, and she had told him it was natural to take some time to get used to a new therapist and to give it a little time, so he threw those words out to Harry now, hoping to soothe his concern.

"Of course I'd tell you, but I'm fine! It was bound to take a little time to get used to a new therapist and let's face it – he's a lot less hands on than you were!" He grinned at Harry, waggling his eyebrows playfully.

Harry gave him a small smile and rolled his eyes. He was pretty sure Louis was just brushing him off and trying not to make a big deal out of things, so he wouldn't worry. But Harry was worried. He had been watching the sessions with growing concern and could tell just by Louis' body language that he wasn't bonding with Ian. He could also tell that it was mutual – Ian wasn't reading Louis correctly, even though he was trying hard. They both were.

Louis could see Harry's mind ticking over as he chewed on his bottom lip, so he walked over and slid his arms around Harry's neck.

"It'll be fine love" he told Harry, leaning up to kiss him and wondering if there'd ever be a time when just a simple kiss from Harry wouldn't send a shiver down his spine. He thought perhaps not, as he looked into lovely green eyes that were way too perceptive.

Then Harry kissed him again and all thoughts of his treatment were forgotten.

***

Zayn grinned as the young lad, David, giggled and put a hand over his mouth. He was helping at the Art Therapy Centre for the third time in two weeks and was enjoying it more than ever. He was doing an evening session and it was a group of young people with Downs Syndrome who were truly a delight to work with. They were joyful and spontaneous and approached the work with enthusiasm and it was contagious, everybody in high spirits.

David had just joked that his painting looked like Zayn's hair, because it was a large curved blob of chocolate brown and had a streak of red through it. Zayn, who was wearing a red bandana today, laughed.

"It sure does!" he smiled "you'll be the next Picasso, Davey boy!"

"Who's Picasso?" David asked, nose screwing upward cutely.

"He's a famous artist" Zayn said, walking over to the bookshelf and pulling out a book to show David a picture of some of his work.

David frowned down at the picture, then back at his work, promptly declaring that his was better than that "Picasso guy".

Zayn grinned at him, agreeing wholeheartedly which made David preen under his praise. Zayn felt the now familiar rush of warmth. He got so much satisfaction and fulfilment from these sessions and he knew he wanted to do more, get more involved. He'd been looking into the courses, both in Australia and London, to get an idea of what was involved.

The class flew by too quickly, as always, and he and Jake waved off the students and started packing up. Niall bounced in a few minutes afterward, arriving to pick Zayn up and drive him home. He helped Zayn and Jake clean up and Jake told Niall what a great help Zayn had been.

"If he did the counselling courses, he could be an epic addition to the team" he told Niall enthusiastically, winking at Zayn. "I keep telling him he should move down under and help us out full time. Maybe you should have a word with him, eh?"

Niall's eyes widened and he looked like a deer caught in the headlights as he stuttered out something that sounded like a murmur of agreement, quickly busying himself with cleaning some brushes.

Zayn's heart sank at Niall's reaction to Jake's comment, and he was a little hurt at what seemed like Niall's reluctance for him to stay, but he tried not to let it show. Instead, he laughed.

"Nah mate, too hot here for us northern boys!" he grinned at Jake, not daring to look at Niall in case Niall saw right through him.

Consequently, he missed seeing the look of disappointment on Niall's face, stung by his words. Jake sent Niall a look of pity, but Niall just smiled reassuringly and shook his head slightly. He'd mentioned to Jake that he'd hoped Zayn would stay, and was terrified when Jake threw him in it just now, wondering if he'd been obvious and Zayn could tell. He didn't want to put any pressure on him, hoping he'd come to the decision on his own. Zayn's words had now made it clear that he'd been hoping in vain.

Niall was quiet on the ride home and Zayn asked him if he was alright.

"Yeah, babe" Niall shot him a wide grin that was almost too wide. "Just tired is all. Bubbles is getting bigger and she's makin' a right mess in the pen we have her in. It's been a lot of extra work, you know? Not that it's not worth it" he added quickly. "She's such a cute thing!"

Zayn nodded, giving him a soft smile. It really was endearing how much Niall loved his job. In fact, Zayn found everything about him endearing. That was the problem.

It was obvious Niall cared about him, but it was also clear that he wasn't about to ask him to stay or declare his undying love anytime soon. Zayn needed to get a grip and remember this was a holiday romance, not the love story of the century.

***

It was day six and Louis could see that Ian was as frustrated as he was. They still hadn't connected – and not from lack of trying on either side.

Louis was struggling to keep himself calm during the sessions and today he was particularly restless. He was trying for Harry's sake, to reassure Harry, who was nervously watching every time he entered the water, but it just wasn't working.

"OK, don't get discouraged Louis" Ian said kindly. "Let's try that again, and this time I want you to try to maintain your slow breathing. We're also going to do ten minutes."

"Ten?" Louis asked with a squeak, his pulse leaping. He'd only managed seven with Harry and had been battling just to maintain that all week. "But..."

"If you can do seven, you can do ten" Ian said with a kind smile, but his tone allowing no argument. "Let's just put the mask on and give it a go, shall we?"

Louis nodded wordlessly, his heart pounding and his lungs contracting already. He took a few very deep breaths and slipped on the mask, trying to steady his breathing down and get himself under control. He could feel himself trembling and rolled his shoulders, trying to get the shaking to stop.

Harry sat next to the pool, chewing fretfully on his finger, his whole body twitching as he fought not to dive into the water and take over. Ian just didn't seem to get Louis, didn't get what he needed. He was pushing him too far too fast and Harry could see Louis getting distressed. Harry's heart was currently lodged in his throat as he read Louis' body language and sensed his fear.

He watched as Louis slid down into the water. Ian didn't hold Louis' hands like Harry had done, so there was nothing to ground him, nothing to cling to. He was all alone in the water, which Harry knew he hated. Harry's leg started bouncing as he observed Louis and he found himself holding his breath, counting each second as it passed.

At the five minute mark, Louis was floundering. His body was twitching and his hands were grasping at nothing. Harry stood up, instantly alert, but biting his tongue lest Ian sent him away. He wanted to scream at Ian, tell him Louis was upset, but instead he started prowling along the deck beside the pool, pacing back and forth.

By the sixth minute, he could hear Louis' breathing through the snorkel as it became heavier and more laboured. He knew Louis had lost focus now and was barely hanging on. He started mumbling under his breath until Ian gave him a pointed look, eyebrow raised.

"He's panicking" he called out to Ian, unable to stop himself.

"Harry, he can do this, I have faith in him – he's stronger than he thinks" Ian replied calmly. "Now, what did we agree..."

Louis started violently thrashing about then, coming up out of the water and ripping off the mask and snorkel, loud heaving sobs wracking his body and tears streaming down his face. He was gasping, trying to get enough air but struggling to do so. Ian was calling his name, hands on his shoulders, but Louis was too far gone into his panic attack to focus and he pushed Ian away as he started shaking uncontrollably and crying out as he span in different directions unable to calm down or focus on a way out of the pool.

Harry was hovering at the edge of the pool, waiting for a sign from Ian, and when Ian glanced over at him, it was all the encouragement he needed. He dived into the water, swimming straight for Louis and wrapping his arms around him from behind while speaking loudly in his ear.

"Lou! Lou! I'm here, come back to me – you're OK Lou, breathe with me." He took several long deep breaths and held tightly while Louis struggled against him, before he brought a hand up and grabbed Harry's arm, holding it tightly. He slowed his thrashing about then and sagged in Harry's arms as he started imitating Harry's breathing and leant back against his chest, tears streaming down his face. When his breathing had calmed, Harry kept mumbling in his ear, softly reassuring him that he was OK.

When Louis had sufficiently recovered, he promptly burst into tears, turning in Harry's arms and burying his face in Harry's chest.

"I can't do it Haz" he cried, tears falling in earnest.

Harry hugged him to his chest, soothing him quietly as he looked up and into Ian's concerned gaze. When Louis didn't stop crying, Harry simply lifted him into his arms and made his way to the steps, carrying him back to the change rooms without a word or a backward glance, ignoring Ian's voice calling to him.

***

He ran a hot shower and stripped Louis' wetsuit off him, guiding him under the steaming water, staying by his side as he rinsed off the salt water, then wrapping him in a towel. As he passed Louis his clothes to put on, Louis looked up at him, misery etched across his features.

"I'm sorry Haz" he mumbled. "I'm trying..."

"Shhh Lou" Harry interrupted, engulfing Louis in a hug. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one who let you down. I broke all the rules and now you're paying for it."

"No Harry!" Louis replied. "You will not blame yourself for this! We decided together and it was worth it. I'd choose you a million times over if I had the chance to do it again, without a second thought."

Just then, Ian walked into the change room, taking in the sight of the two boys together with a stern glance. "Harry, a word if you please?" he asked brusquely.

Harry nodded and solemnly followed Ian to his office, leaving Louis nervously dressing himself then sitting in the main office at Harry's desk, waiting for them to finish. The door was closed to Ian's office and he could hear voices, but he couldn't quite make out what was being said.

Unable to sit still, he started pacing and barely heard the door when Niall and Zayn entered to meet him and Harry for lunch.

"What's going on?" Niall asked, frowning at the closed office door.

"I had a panic attack" Louis replied in a soft voice, not wanting it to carry. "Harry jumped into the pool and calmed me down and then he carried me out to the change rooms without a word to Ian."

Niall and Zayn both looked shocked, Niall's eyebrows disappearing into his hairline. "Holy shit!" he hissed. "I bet Ian's right pissed!"

Louis nodded. "I'm pretty sure he is. I hope Harry doesn't get fired, fuck!" He ran a hand through his hair, agitated. "We should've just kept it a secret – everything is falling apart now!"

*** 

Ian stood facing the window, looking out at the dolphin pools, seemingly lost in thought. Harry sat quietly, waiting for him to speak. The silence dragged on till it was almost unbearable and Harry shifted in his seat, clearing his throat.

"Ian? Look, I'm sorry about what happened out there, but I knew I could calm him down quickly. I realise I overstepped the line, but I could see he was struggling from the start and you were pushing him too hard! I couldn't let him suffer like that. I'll always fight you if I think he needs me – I'm sorry but that's how it is and..."

"It's alright Harry" Ian said quietly, cutting Harry off. "Today's events simply highlighted what we've all been trying to ignore for the last week. Louis isn't responding to me as a therapist." He turned to face Harry and his face was sad. "It's been a long time since I felt out of my depth, but in Louis' case, I'm struggling to make the connection. I'm afraid I'm failing him, which is humbling to have to say when you're as experienced as I am."

Harry was speechless, not knowing quite what to say, and he watched as Ian sat down in his chair with a sigh. "I'm truly at a loss, Harry. You have put me in an untenable position. I can't give you both what you want, in good conscience. It's unethical and can't be condoned. But I also can't continue a treatment that isn't in the best interests of the patient. So what do I do Harry? Tell me. It is an impossible situation."

"Please don't give up on him Ian" Harry pleaded. "I realise we've made things difficult, but he needs this – he needs to heal. Don't you dare turn him away!"

"I've called Megan to come and join us – she'll be here any minute" Ian told him. "We'll discuss our options and speak with Louis as well. We need a resolution today. This cannot continue any longer."

***

Megan strode into the office, pulling up short at the sight of the three worried faces in front of her.

"Megan?" Louis asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Ian called me down for a meeting" she replied. "Sounded important."

Louis groaned, running a hand through his hair. "Oh shit! What the hell is happening in there?"

"That's what I'm about to find out" Megan replied calmly, knocking on Ian's door and entering. As the door swung open, Louis caught sight of Harry sitting in a chair at Ian's desk, his face a mask of misery and Louis couldn't take it any longer, he pushed his way in behind Megan, who let out a squawk of surprise.

Ian started to speak, but Louis put up a hand to halt him. "I know I'm not supposed to be in here, but I need to say something. Harry has been nothing less than patient and caring, putting everything he has into my recovery. I will not let him be punished for having my best interests at heart. It's not fair! If you need to blame someone, then blame me!"

Megan's eyes had widened dramatically and she turned to Ian, giving him a questioning look.

"Louis" Ian replied calmly but firmly. "Nobody is punishing anybody, so you may settle down and take a seat before you pop a blood vessel. God, you two are so fiercely protective of one another!"

Louis opened and closed his mouth several times before taking a seat next to Harry, who was looking at him fondly despite the seriousness of the situation.

"Would somebody please tell me what the hell is going on here?" asked Megan as she pulled another chair across to the desk from the corner of the room. "Because it looks like I've missed a few important details and this conversation is making little to no sense to me!"

***

"With all due respect Ian, I think you're looking at this the wrong way" said Megan after an hour of discussion. "You are assuming it has to be black or white, but the truth is, we have some grey area to work with here."

"What do you mean?" asked Ian, frowning.

"Look, it's not uncommon for a patient to just not gel with a therapist – in fact I've had it happen to me a time or two. It doesn't mean either of you are doing anything wrong. It just happens."

Ian nodded. "I'm aware of that Megan, but there are only two therapists in this program and I cannot allow Louis back into Harry's care in good conscience."

Megan held up a hand. "I'm aware that would be inappropriate, but what about a compromise?"

"What kind of compromise?" Harry asked, before Ian had a chance to.

"Well, the way I see it, there's nothing that would prevent Ian remaining Louis' primary therapist and having Harry assist in a practical manner, with Ian overseeing the sessions. I see no crossing of professional boundaries if they aren't left alone during treatment time. The arrangement would be unorthodox, granted, but it isn't strictly breaking any rules if Harry is assisting and Louis is under your care."

Harry turned to Ian, hope blossoming in his chest as he shot him a pleading look. Louis was gripping the arms of his chair so tightly his knuckles were turning white and he was holding his breath, waiting for Ian's answer.

Ian sat looking at both of them, his face frowning as he digested Megan's words.

"Can I ask if you had any problems with the way Harry was handling Louis' treatment before they came to you?" Megan asked Ian curiously.

Ian shook his head. "None – my issue isn't with the treatment and you know that."

"Well – if he was making progress and the treatment was working, shouldn't we do everything in our power to give Louis the best chance at recovery?"

Ian didn't answer for what felt like hours and Louis thought he may self-combust any second – just explode. Poof! He was almost vibrating with the tension in the room. He glanced over at Harry who was similarly strung out, staring at Ian with an intensity that was unnerving.

When Ian finally gave a brisk nod, saying "alright, but we must set some very clear boundaries and I need your word that you will both comply with whatever I say" Louis let out the breath he'd been holding in a rush of air and Harry grinned and jumped up to hug Ian.

"Thank you" he murmured into Ian's ear.

Ian patted his arm. "Don't make me regret it Harry" he replied solemnly. "I'm still not entirely convinced this is the right course of action, but we're all out of options I'm afraid."

Louis walked over and tentatively held out a hand to Ian. "Thank you Ian. We won't let you down, I promise."

It was another forty minutes of negotiation before they made it out of Ian's office happy and exhausted.

***

"To Haz and Lou! The dream team are back together!" shouted Niall, to which the others all cheered. They raised their glasses before all downing a shot, Sophia included.

"Jesus Niall!" she wheezed. "What was in that thing?"

Niall grinned. "Can't tell you – it's a special one they make for me. My secret recipe, a mix of two different liqueurs."

"It's definitely potent" Liam grimaced.

Niall rolled his eyes. "Well that's the point of shots, isn't it Liam?"

They ordered their food and sat around on the deck of the pub, overlooking the water as they chatted and drank some more.

"So how's it going to work exactly?" Liam asked.

"It'll basically be the same as before" answered Harry. "But Ian will be supervising our sessions. He needs to be able to veto my involvement if he feels it's in Louis' best interests, or if any of our behaviour is inappropriate."

Niall snorted. "All your behaviour is inappropriate!"

"But he won't be able to veto you" Louis added, glaring at Niall. "Because Haz is a first class therapist and I was doing really well before all this. He just needs to see us in action, that's all!" He plonked himself into Harry's lap, winding his arms around Harry's neck and kissing him firmly on the lips.

"Ew – we don't need to see you in action, thanks!" Niall commented. "See what I mean about inappropriate?"

Liam raised an eyebrow at Niall. "Look who's talking. That first snog you had with Zayn at the Cock'n'Bull was pretty steamy big boy!"

Niall grinned, moving to place an arm around Zayn's shoulders. "Pure poetry in motion that was – and romantic if I do say so myself! Not the soft porn these two put on display every chance they get!"

Zayn sniggered and leaned over to kiss Niall on the cheek. "Well said babe!"

"Hey!" Harry objected, frowning, while Louis simply smiled and shrugged unapologetically.

"We are celebrating the fact we don't have to hide anymore" Louis replied. "It's nice."

"It's painful to watch" Zayn mumbled, earning him a chuckle from Niall, Liam and Sophia.

"Hey, what about we do something cool tomorrow?" Niall asked. "It's Sunday and we should start doing things that don't involve movies and FIFA. Maybe we could go to Movie World? Go on all the rides and see who can go the longest without puking!"

"Oh Yuck Niall!" Sophia exclaimed. "Not doing that – but I'd love to go to Movie World. I haven't been for ages and Louis and Zayn would love it!"

Louis giggled as he looked at Zayn's face, which was clearly displaying his horror at the thought of another roller coaster ride. "Uh, Niall? Have you forgotten how green Zayn was when you took him on the Corkscrew at SeaWorld?"

Niall grimaced. "That's right – I totally forgot about that day! But there's loads of slow rides and heaps of shows to see – the stunt show is amazing!"

Zayn smiled fondly at Niall's enthusiasm. "I'm sure I'll love it – let's do it shall we?"

Niall fist pumped the air. "Yes!"

"I'm in" Louis put his hand up.

"Well then, that means Harry's in" Liam answered, laughing at Harry's indignant look. "So I guess we're going to Movie World!"

"I'll drink to that!" Niall replied, raising his beer in the air.

"Oh for the love of God Niall – you'd drink to anything!" Liam rolled his eyes.

Niall looked thoughtful for a moment, before nodding and smiling. "Pretty much!"

And drink they did, till they were all more than a little wasted. Even Sophia was a little wobbly as they left the pub and jumped in a maxi taxi, which could take all of them.

They were headed back to stay at Niall, Harry and Liam's place, but when Louis slid a hand in Harry's hair and yanked him down into a filthy kiss right there in the cab and Harry moaned loudly, the other occupants took a vote and redirected the cab past Louis and Zayn's place.

When they pulled up outside the house, Harry and Louis were still going at it, hot and heavy, and had to be pried apart and physically pushed from the car.

"Why are we at my house?" asked Louis, standing up from where he'd landed on the grass on top of Harry and holding out a hand to help him up.

"Because we have no desire to listen to your loud shagging all night" Niall told them out of the open door.

"Now get in there and enjoy your empty house" Liam added. "Scream to your heart's content."

"You're welcome" smiled Zayn as he shut the door.

They watched the cab drive off up the street, still not quite sure what had just happened, then looked at each other. A slow grin made its way across Harry's face as he prowled toward Louis.

"You heard them" he said to Louis in a voice that was low and husky. "Let's go make some noise."

He grabbed Louis' hand and dragged him toward the front door.

***

Before the front door was even shut, Harry was pawing at Louis' clothes, all clumsy hands and stumbling feet. They both giggled as he lost his balance and almost landed them both on their arses, the wall saving them from falling all the way over.

Louis slumped back against the wall and Harry placed his hands on the wall, either side of Louis' face, looking down at him with a hungry expression.

"Been dying to get my hands on you all night, Lou."

"Yeah?" breathed Louis, the look on Harry's face sending a shiver through him.

"Yeah" Harry answered as he leaned down to take him in a searing kiss, laying claim to him and plundering his mouth. It was hot, wet and open mouthed, and it was glorious.

Louis broke the kiss briefly to strip off Harry's t-shirt, quickly reaching for his jeans, yanking at them and letting out a grunt of frustration when they failed to budge past his thighs.

Harry chuckled. "I'll get them off" he told Louis "and you concentrate on getting naked as fast as possible."

"That, I can do" grinned Louis, already reaching for his button.

In mere seconds they were stripped down, each greedily drinking in the sight of the other, both hard and aching.

As their eyes met again, Louis leapt into Harry's arms, making him stagger on his drunken legs. "Take me to bed Haz" he commanded breathlessly.

"As you wish my love" Harry declared with a grin, before stumbling wildly up the stairs, barely able to hold them both upright and laughing hysterically as Louis giggled.

When they reached the bedroom he threw Louis down onto the bed, taking a flying leap to land almost on top of him as he let out a squeak of surprise and then laughed out loud as Harry grinned at him with a dopey, cheesy grin.

"C'mere you" Louis murmured as he grabbed a handful of Harry's hair and yanked him back down for another kiss, revelling in the moan Harry let out. The hair pulling had become a real thing with Harry, and Louis had only realised in the last week just how much it affected him. Now that he knew, he used it ruthlessly to get Harry worked up.

They kissed sloppily and Harry moved down Louis' neck, biting a sucking marks all over him as he went. Their hips had started moving of their own accord and the delicious friction as they came together gave a little relief to their pulsing cocks, but not nearly enough.

As Harry pulled away, panting, he looked down at Louis, eyes blown and mouth wet and swollen, and his breath hitched.

"You're so beautiful Lou" he panted "wanna ride you, yeah?"

Louis wasn't capable of rational thought, so he simply nodded and Harry reached for the Bedside table to retrieve the lube and a condom.

Harry stayed on his knees, hovering just above Louis' body. Louis coated his fingers liberally and moved a hand back, sliding the first finger in with no preamble, loving the quiver that shook Harry's body as he took it in. Harry was so responsive and Louis loved the little noises he was making already.

By the time he'd reached the third finger, Harry was bobbing up and down on his knees, pushing down onto Louis' fingers and moaning loudly.

"Shit Lou, I'm ready, fuck, get your fingers out!" He was already ripping open the condom and sliding it onto Louis' painfully hard length. He wasted no time lining himself up and, without breaking eye contact, lowering himself onto Louis, inch by exquisite inch. He was whining and moaning and Louis was barely holding onto his control, still not used to the feeling of being inside Harry.

He let out a low keening noise as Harry sank all the way down, his hips thrusting up slightly on their own. Harry moved slowly at first, rocking back and forth slightly before lifting himself up the tiniest bit and sinking back down.

"Oh Yeah" he breathed as he lifted himself up again. "Jesus Lou, this feels so fucking good!" He picked up his pace, riding Louis faster and building a rhythm.

Louis stared up at him, unable to look away as his head was thrown back, eyes closed and wild hair framing his face. His mouth was wide open and emitting the most beautiful breathy moans as he bounced on Louis' cock. He was mesmerising, intoxicating, and Louis had to remind himself to breathe.

The pleasure was intense and he found himself rocking his hips up to meet Harry as he pounded down. The change in angle ensured Louis hit Harry's sweet spot, making him cry out. Louis kept up the pace, meeting Harry every time and Harry was soon babbling incoherently. Louis reached up and wrapped a hand around Harry, pumping and saying "come for me baby, wanna see you come all over me."

Harry stiffened at Louis' words, letting out a shattered cry as he came, streaks of white splattering over Louis' chest and some on his chin. His muscles convulsed around Louis, taking him over the edge soon after.

They collapsed in an exhausted heap, then, not even bothering to clean themselves off before falling asleep.

When Niall and Zayn pulled up in Niall's car the next day to pick them up for Movie World, Niall took one look at their wild hair and blissful smiles and rolled his eyes.

"I see you two fucked each other brain's out last night, then" he drawled.

The two of them simply grinned at him stupidly from the back seat as Louis replied happily "yep! And again this morning –just to be sure."

Zayn chuckled and shook his head as Niall screamed "too much information Louis!"

*** 

They arrived at the gates and met up with Liam and Sophia, who had come in Liam's car. Niall was buzzing, bouncing around them like an overexcited child.

"This is going to be epic!!!!" he exclaimed loudly.

"Settle down Niall, I'm worried you're going to strain something before we even get inside" Liam told him, placing a hand on his shoulder to settle him.

Niall frowned at him. "Spoil sport" he grumbled.

Zayn chuckled and threw an arm around his waist, momentarily distracting him from the excitement.

They bought their tickets and wandered in the gate, picking up a map to see what they were going to do first.

"The stunt show isn't until one o'clock" said Sophia, reading from the map. "So how about you go on the really big rides this morning." She looked up and caught the look of dread on Zayn's face, so she added "I hate those rides, so Zayn and I can have a look around at the slower ones and meet you at twelve for lunch. What do you think?" She winked at Zayn when he mouthed a silent "thank you" at her over Niall's head.

"Sounds like a plan!" Niall replied. "Now I say the superman rollercoaster first, yeah? It's fuckin' insane!"

"It's meant to take off with more G-Force than any other roller coaster in the Southern Hemisphere" Liam commented helpfully. "And I'd believe it, because I puked after my first go on it. I even think I might have had a tear in my eye – they were definitely watery."

"I'm there!" Louis cheered. "Let's do this thing!"

Niall and Louis charged ahead, with Harry and Liam following a little more reluctantly.

***

Sophia and Zayn walked around, looking through the stores Sophia bought Liam a Batman mug – he lost his old one, she explained. As they walked up Main Street, they stopped to watch a Marilyn Monroe impersonator, who played up to Zayn – much to Sophia's amusement.

"If only she knew how uninterested you really are" she snorted as they walked away, the girl still waving and blowing Zayn kisses.

Zayn chuckled. "Yeah, I don't think she'd be blowing me any more kisses" he joked.

They agreed to get a coffee and sat at the little café just a bit further up. They started talking about the Art Therapy Centre and Sophia smiled as she watched Zayn's face light up.

"You really love it don't you?" she asked.

"I do" Zayn nodded. "I even started looking into what courses I'd have to do to get into that sort of thing back home."

Sophia looked at him thoughtfully. "You know, Jake mentioned that he'd dropped a few hints about you stay here in Australia and with you and Niall getting so hot and heavy, we wondered if maybe you might think about staying."

Zayn's face clouded over and he looked away, swallowing audibly. "I don't think so" he murmured sadly.

"Zayn?" Sophia asked. "Is something the matter? Did I say something wrong?"

Zayn looked back at her and tried to smile, his face contorting into a grimace instead. "It's nothing" he replied.

"It doesn't look like nothing" she told him, eyebrows raised. "And I've been told I'm a great listener if you want to tell me about it."

Zayn sighed, looking down at the table. "It's just that, everyone keeps hinting that I should stay, but Niall hasn't actually told me that's what he wants – in fact, when Jake brought it up the other night, he seemed to be terrified of the whole idea" he shrugged. "I guess it just stung a little bit, knowing he wasn't as into this as me, you know?"

Sophia looked stunned, gaping at him for a full minute before dissolving into giggles. "Oh Zayn!" she puffed "you have no idea!"

Zayn frowned. "What are you laughing for?" he asked.

Sophia calmed down and reached over to squeeze his arm. "I'm laughing because boys are so bloody bad at communicating! Look, I don't know how he acted the other night, but I can tell you that all he ever talks about lately is how much he wants you to stay."

"What?" Zayn asked, shocked.

"He talks to Liam and I all the time, telling us how much he cares for you and how much he wishes you could stay. He's worried about you leaving – he knows he'll be heartbroken."

"But... if he feels that way, why hasn't he told me – asked me to stay?" Zayn argued.

Sophia shrugged. "I have no idea. This is why I shake my head – boys seem to be incapable of talking about feelings!"

"Well, should I say something?" he asked hesitantly. "I didn't before, because I was worried we weren't on the same page."

Sophia smiled. "Well, somebody better say something, because you're obviously crazy about each other and you don't want to risk losing an opportunity for something wonderful."

Zayn smiled back at her, feeling hope blossom in his chest for the first time in days.

*** 

"You alright Curly?" asked Louis as they sat strapped into the Superman roller coaster, side by side, Liam and Niall in front of them chattering loudly.

"Yeah, just, not really a big fan of roller coasters to be honest" Harry murmured.

Now that Louis looked more closely, he could see that Harry was a little more pale than usual, and was gripping the bars with a death grip.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Louis, smiling fondly.

Harry shrugged. "Didn't want you thinking your boyfriend was a wimp, I guess."

A beat passed as they both realised what Harry had said, Louis grinning at him.

"Boyfriend, huh?" he asked.

"Well, to be fair, you have said you love me – and you've had your dick in my arse, so there's a pretty good argument for the use of the term, yeah." Harry smiled.

Louis rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the huff of laughter that escaped his mouth. "Oh My God, Haz, you're such a romantic bastard, aren't you?" His look turned soft as he turned back to Harry. "All joking aside though, I like the way that sounded."

"Me too" replied Harry.

They shared a gentle smile and then Louis reached out to pry Harry's fingers from the bar and linked their hands. "Now let me hold my wimpy boyfriend's hand so he doesn't get scared!"

"Hey!" Harry protested with a grin, but took Louis' hand anyway.

When the countdown began, Harry started squeezing Louis' hand so tightly that Louis thought he may lose finger or two to blood loss, but he didn't have time to think about it as they shot out of the building and into the air, both screaming in a suspiciously girl-like fashion.

***

By the time they all met up for lunch, the boys had ridden three roller coasters, a giant drop and the wild west water flume ride.

"Oh My God!" Niall groaned "my stomach is churning!" He'd turned a lovely shade of puce and he sat down next to Zayn, leaning down to put his head on Zayn's shoulder. Zayn slid an arm around his shoulders, chuckling as he rubbed his back in sympathy.

"So no lunch for you?" he asked.

Niall looked horrified. "Holy Shit Zayno! Do you not know me at all?! Of course there'll be lunch! Nothing like a good feed to settle your stomach."

The other three groaned. Liam shook his head. "I don't know how you do it Niall. If I ate right now I'd be sick!"

"Me too" Harry moaned, slumping on Louis' shoulder. "I don't think I've ever ridden that many rides in such a short space of time!"

"Aww, poor baby!" Louis consoled.

Despite all the protests, they all managed to eat some pizza and keep it down. Afterward they headed over to the stunt show and then spent the afternoon riding the slow, and according to Niall "boring", rides.

When they arrived back at Harry, Niall and Liam's place, where Zayn and Louis were staying the night, they were all exhausted. By seven o'clock they were in a pile on the couch watching movies and by ten o'clock they were dragging themselves off to bed, yawning.

***

Louis was feeling such a mixture of emotions as they drove into SeaWorld the next morning. He was excited to be working with Harry again, and felt a lot more comfortable, but he was nervous to get back in the water after such a hard week.

Niall was driving, with Zayn in the front seat beside him, so Louis was tangled around Harry in the back seat, the hands linked and Harry rubbing his thumb over Louis' hand softly.

He felt Harry lean in close and whisper in his ear. "I can hear you thinking from here Louis. Don't be nervous, OK?"

Louis squeezed his hand. "I just hope I don't continue to stagnate Haz. I need to move forward and start getting results again. I just hope I can do it, you know?"

Harry leaned down and kissed him lightly. "You can do it, Lou. Don't lose confidence now. Think of everything we've achieved together so far. I believe in you – I always have. And together, we're unstoppable, you'll see!"

He smiled at Louis with a dopey grin and something shifted in Louis' chest. He couldn't help but feel a rush of affection for this curly haired boy who had turned his life upside down. He smiled softly, the smile fading as the thought popped into his head that he'd have to leave him soon and return home. He pushed the thought aside, though. He had to concentrate on getting through this treatment first – before anything else.

***

"That's six Lou! You're doing so well!" Harry shouted as he held Louis' hands tightly. He could feel Louis start to get fidgety, but he was doing well. When he was almost at the seven minute mark, Harry got excited.

"Almost seven babe!" he called out so Louis could hear him. "Keep going!"

At eight minutes, Louis pulled up out of the water and whipped off the mask to grin at Harry. "We did it!" he laughed as Harry high-fived him. He felt like he was floating – it was only a small thing, but it was progress and it he was ecstatic about it. He looked over at Ian, who smiled and nodded.

"Well done Louis" he said quietly.

When he'd dog paddled for a while in the deeper water, he held Harry's shoulders and dunked his head under, coming up straight away, and then repeating the action several times. He was feeling ten foot tall and bulletproof by the time they were sitting on the platform feeding Candy.

Ian sat with them and talked to Harry about what he had planned next, offering some adjustments and suggestions and Louis sat between them feeling an immense hope blossom in his chest for the future. He could, for the first time in a week, see the light at the end of the tunnel again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 74 20
Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have been a part of world's famous onedirection band. They have been living together and are extremely close. It was...
107K 5K 13
Louis' family puts him in a rehabilitation center after a drunk driver crashes into him on the highway. He suffers from PTSD, and he has to learn how...
82.4K 3.5K 43
"You've got my devotion, but man I can hate you sometimes." In one year, Harry Styles' entire world flips upside down. With his father and sister gon...
936 18 18
lou has been volunteering at the hospital his mum works at since he was 5 he met harry styles there a very beautiful boy harry then leaves the hospit...