Satyrs At Dusk โœ”

Von DeludedWriting

Maxwell Beck visits Draywaki Bay on a daily basis. It's quite abandoned, leaving solitude for him and his tho... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Thirty (End)

186 13 7
Von DeludedWriting

Maxwell and Saevel traveled to the farthest ends of Taintpine, looking over the vast aspect of trees surrounding the place. The human wondered how many satyrs jumped in, how many came out alive and how many went missing in that endless mass of emerald and umber.

"Have you ever wanted to explore it for yourself?" Maxwell asked, turning to his boyfriend. The sudden query startled him despite the context and what he implied. The satyr shrugged, looking out into the distance.

"Not really, it's against the law. Not many have come forward to tell. Those valiant enough say there are large and spacious mountains beyond what our eyes can see from here." replied Saevel.

"While adventuring, satyrs come back with large scars over their chests and shoulders. They claim to have gotten the injuries from deep within Secaea territory." he continued, running a fingertip along the plates of his chest to mark the scars.

"Speaking of, why are you shirtless all the time?"

Saevel froze. The change of subject was unexpected. Maxwell looked eager to hear his answer. "Why do you..? What? Why do you ask now?"

Maxwell glanced down at his nipples, then his face flushed scarlet. "No reason."

The satyr followed his gaze and his shoulders sunk in realization. "I see. You're distracted by my exposure. We satyrs don't fancy clothes, mainly because they're uncomfortable and inefficient in this hot weather. If anything, jewelry and silk are the most we wear."

"Best to keep it that way. It's attractive."

_

A few months later, the satyrs of Taintpine have grown accustomed to Maxwell, greeting him whenever he walked the streets. The lumberjacks would ask for help at the mill and the farmers would offer him their freshest crops, while the blacksmiths asked for an opinion on their weaponry.

Maxwell spent most of his time in Taintpine nowadays. He last saw his sister about a week ago, who was now officially dating Penelope. The two were awkward and hesitant when it came to intimacy, especially Penelope. The assassin hadn't been romantic with anyone in her life.

When Maxwell finally resurfaced from the portal, he looked outside to check on the fresh summer leaves and piping hot sidewalks. He expected the grass to be thriving in the summer sun, the roads clear and the skies clearer. But the hot weather was long gone.

Thick blankets of snow covered everything, and the chill of fast and icy wind swept throughout the neighborhood. The sun ducked behind rolling grey clouds, while little flecks of white fluttered from underneath. Under the rims of windows hung crystalline icecicles both large and small.

"Holy shit." he couldn't help but mutter. "Sae's never seen seasons before... Maybe now's my chance." He looked back into the portal to find a puzzled satyr staring back at him, his face twisted into a look of uncertainty.

Maxwell motioned for him to come through, and Saevel obliged. The nearby window caught his gaze as he looked through the spaces between patterns of thin frost. He laid his eyes upon a land pure white. The treetops shivered in the harsh breeze, the shimmering snow falling off in little shudders.

"What... What is that? What happened to your town?" His voice grew panicked. "What's wrong? What's happening?" Questions bombarded the human endlessly,  which were soon silence by a lengthy kiss on the mouth.

"Calm down babe, it's just snow." Maxwell chuckled, leading him out to the front where Myra sat tangled up with Penelope, both of them sleeping away on the couch. The TV remote was on the floor next to them. "It's just the seasons changing. Nothing's wrong." He opened the front door, slipping on a coat and some boots. At the last second, he threw on a pair of fleece gloves with an idea in mind.

"Can you still surf?" Saevel asked. Maxwell led him out on the front porch and down the creaky steps. Saevel's hooves pressed into the substance.

"No. Ice kinda makes it hard to do that."

Saevel looked down, quickly lifting his left hoof from the snow. He shook it wildly, baffled at the sensation. The satyr shivered violently in the icy wind.

"What... How?" Saevel continued down the steps, wary of the snow until he continued to walk through it. He noticed there was no danger. "Is this snow?" he asked, turning to find Maxwell trailing behind with an amused smirk.

"Maybe." Maxwell shrugged. He tried to bite back a grin, though it was to no use. The satyr was all too shaken about the snow to notice his wicked, devious look.

"Why is it cold? I... I didn't kill it, did I?" Saevel worried, stepping back up onto the porch as he hugged himself, rubbing his arms to stir some warmth. Maxwell let out a bark of laughter.

"No, it's just half-frozen water. It won't hurt you." Meanwhile, Saevel lowered himself back onto the step beside the human.

"Cold," the satyr shuddered, "it's so cold." His fingers were beginning to get red, as well as his cheeks and nose. His shoulders hunched in order to get away from the biting breeze.

"Then come here."

Maxwell opened his jacket and pulled Saevel in, closing it around the two. He nuzzled into the satyr's long hair. Their chests were pressed together. Maxwell's arms were wrapped tightly around him. Saevel ducked low beneath Maxwell's chin, eyes closing. They breathed slowly, both in unison to generate heat between the two.

"Don't worry." Maxwell whispered as the sky began to weep little snowflakes. They slowly came down around them, some even catching on the crown of Maxwell's head.

Saevel enjoyed it until they broke apart... because when he was finally released back into the cold, he was knocked on his hind into the snow and Maxwell went running.

"AHH!" he screeched, jumping up to his hooves immediately. He bounded through the snow after Maxwell, who was already privileged with a head start. He shook the snow from his shoulders and made a sound of disgust.

Before he knew it, a snowball flew through the air and smacked into his bare chest, splattering in little white pieces. He looked up to find Maxwell crouching behind a snow-covered bush in their front yard.

"You little mudscraper." Saevel cursed with a playful snicker. He chased after the human, and soon it turned into a snowball fight and wrestling around in the snow.

After the ruckus, Saevel was brought inside and warmed up immediately. He learned it wasn't a good idea to go outside, in the snow, shirtless. He trembled at every touch, even if there was no touch at all. His whole body was numb and frozen, skin broke out and flushed crimson.

Myra rubbed a warm blanket over the satyr's taut back, all the while glaring daggers into Maxwell's forehead. The old fireplace in the living room hadn't been turned on for years, but today it was reanimated again.

"At least put clothes on before going outside in this weather. Max, it's common sense!" Myra bellowed furiously. Her scolding grew louder as the time passed. She was a mom on steroids.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Maxwell scoffed.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, mister." Myra's voice was laced with amusement this time, "You can make it up to me by doing the dishes for a week. No, make that two weeks."

"Ugh- But mooom!" Maxwell whined, his voice straining against his throat, making it crack at the last second. He quickly shut his mouth and they all burst into cheerful laughter.

Penelope stood from the couch, cranking up the heat in the electronic fireplace. She turned on her heel and headed towards the kitchen. "I'll get you two some hot chocolate... How about that?" She didn't wait for an answer before disappearing into the other room.

"Max." Saevel pat the ground next to him, beckoning for Maxwell to join him by the digitalized fire. His boyfriend did so eagerly, snuggling up to him for warmth. The satyr was still quivering, though not as violently.

He leaned over to Maxwell's ear, his breath brushing the lobe to make Maxwell gasp slightly. Myra watched them with a curiously arched brow.

"The Secaea District remains to be seen. Maybe you and I could go some time."

__

The End

.
Thank you for reading!
.

I'm actually proud of this book, though the plot is kinda cliché in "protagonist has to retrieve something that is protected by evil things and gets it back to save the world" and blah blah- but I tried to add my own twist!

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I reveled in writing it. 💕

Would you like a sequel? Let me know in the comments!

That's it for "Satyrs At Dusk"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.2K 313 14
"I was being dragged by my dislocated ankle through the woods. I cried out in pain every time a branch would slice more into the already gaping wound...
36 1 1
Hypermutant seer Anlor Rusilt has been under the draekoni queen's protection from the time he was a toddler. In Riallora, the heart and most guarded...
1K 79 11
-SLOW UPDATES- WAR, STRIFE, BLOOD, AND LUST. Those four things reign in the hearts of the gods and mortals. Yet, violence is the answer in every situ...
2.9K 290 66
A broken boy fills his lungs with gold Because a fox stole his breath away. And a girl...a girl is almost always on fire. But these are the way of t...