In This Together (RE2:Leon Ke...

By QueenLightningF

Airam remembers nothing but waking up in a bright room and being taken away with the promise of safety from U... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Quick A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1.5K 48 44
By QueenLightningF

                    Airam's POV

     We watch as the solution is sprayed over the plants, making them wither and die. We hear the thud of the body drop, the plant holding it up dying.

     Leon looks at me. "That did the trick."

     I nod and follow him out the door as the automatic voice speaks.

     Warning: You have dispersed a dangerous solution without authorization. Your actions have been logged and you may be subjected to disciplinary measures.

     Leon orders me to stay behind him as a couple of the plant monsters appear. Leon uses his flamethrower on them, making them scream and roll around on the ground.

     We quickly move past them and to the body. I lean down and pick up the purple chip. I put it in the bracelet and show Leon, who smiles and nods.

     Fear takes hold of me when I hear familiar thundering footsteps. I look at the glass and scream as the tyrant walks to the glass. Leon grabs my hand, pulling me to him as the tyrant bursts through the glass and land where I just was.

     Leon throws a flash grenade at his feet, blinding him for a moment. That moment was all we needed to run towards the door. We quickly run past more plant monsters. We don't stop running until we make it to the bridge.

     We stop for a few seconds, catching our breath. We listen for the footsteps, only to hear none.

     "Guess we lost him. Come on. Let's keep moving."

     I nod and follow him as we make our way to the West Area. "Hopefully the G sample's up here."

               ***Time Skip***

     I walk up to the tanks once we enter the lab. One of them has a big mass with two eyes, the other has a mutated arm, and the final one has something I don't know. I walk in the room on the right, while Leon reads something. I look around, collecting any useful items.

     I walk back to Leon and follow him to the left side of the lab. He picks of a vial of purple liquid. "Huh. That was easy..."

     He puts the vial away safely before turning to me. "Come on. Let's get out of here and get it to the FBI."

     I nod and follow him. I jump a little when the automatic voice speaks and an alarm starts going off.

     Attention: Unauthorized removal of a Level 4 virus detected. Facility lockdown initiated. Self-destruct sequence will begin when lockdown is complete.

     I look at Leon, worried about the self-destruct. "Leon..."

     He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Don't worry. We're gonna be out of here before that happens. Come on!"

     We quickly leave the lab, running across the platform. Right before we get to the door, something busts out of the ceiling. Leon pushes me behind him as the monster lands.

     My eyes widen in fear when I see it's the same monster from before, but more mutated. "Oh no..."

     Leon puts his gun at him. "You again. Airam stay back!"

     I back away, keeping my eyes on the monster. I quickly spin around when the door behind me opens, revealing a hurt Annette.

     "Annette!"

     She quickly limps past me, moving in front of Leon. "Move. He's mine." She aims a gun at the monster. "This has to end." She fires and a round of something hits it, exploding with a liquid.

     It cries out in pain as the liquid burns it, causing it to drop onto it's knees.

     "What the hell's going on?!" Leon yells, keeping his gun on the monster.

     Annette reloads her gun, limping forward. "Sorry, William. You left me no choice."

     'That's her husband...' I watch from my spot behind Leon.

     Annette fires another round, William crying out in pain before collapsing on the floor. Leon moves forward, kneeling beside the monster. He looks at Annette. "You called this thing "William." Why?"

     Annette shakes her hand. "It shouldn't have been like this. It's Umbrella's fault-- this whole mess."

     "You're Umbrella, too. You're telling me you weren't involved in this?" Leon asks, watching Annette.

     She turns to Leon. "Yes... But we never meant for this to happen."

     He stands up and walks over to her. "Then tell me everything-- right from the start."

     I walk over to them. "Umbrella came to steal G. They shot her husband down and he injected himself with his virus so he could go after those men." Leon looks at me when I speak for Annette.

     He then looks at Annette. "So you made this monster?"

     "We made the G virus, but we never intended this to--"

     Leon cuts her off. "You can spin it anyway you want. You're still responsible."

     I quickly call out when I see William move. "Look out!" But my warning was too late, William grabs Annette. "No!"

     Leon pushes me behind him as William squeezes her, hurting her. He then throws her and she hits the wall behind us. I run to her, dropping on my knees by her side. I watch in horror as he mutates even more.

     Leon dodges his swipes, trying to get a good shot at him. Annette gets up even when I try to make her stay down. She hits a button and everything flashes red with a siren. The platform slowly begins to lower with Leon and William on it.

     Leon looks at Annette. "What are you doing?!"

     "We can't let him get away!" Annette tells him,

     "Leon!"

     "Airam stay there!!" Leon calls out to me before he jumps over the side. I watch by Annette's side as it lowers all the way and hear Leon. "Alright... We end this here!"

     Annette stumbles back towards the wall. I follow her, helping her sit down. "Annette..."

     She holds my hand and squeezes it. "It's... o-okay Airam." She moans in pain.

     I try to focus on her but hearing Leon fighting the monster down there, makes me worried. I remember the grenade I picked up. I quickly stand on the edge, pulling the pin and tossing it down at William. "Grenade!!"

     Leon hears my warning and runs away as it goes off at William's feet. He cries out before dropping on his knees, chest opening to reveal multiple eyes popping out.

     "Thanks!" Leon yells up at me before taking his shotgun to the eyes.

     I nod and go back to Annette. It's not long before I hear William scream and a big thud.

     Target had been neutralized. Ending quarantine.

     I focus on Annette, knowing Leon's done fighting. I look over when he rises up on a lift. He runs over to us, kneeling beside us. "Jesus, that looks bad."

     "Feels worse, believe me." She pants out in pain.

     "H-Hang on Annette. Please." I feel my eyes water as tears form. She grabs my hand and squeezes it, giving me a pained smile.

     "Look, I believe Airam. And if she believes you, then I do too, to a point.."

     "Just tell me you'll destroy that G sample." She looks at Leon.

     "It's evidence. It's going to the FBI." He tells her, glancing at me.

      Annette coughs. "Don't you dare give it to that bitch. She's not FBI, she's a mercenary. She's gonna sell the G-Virus to the highest bidder. And Airam... She'll sell her too, dead or alive."

     I look at Leon. "I told you before."

     Leon looks back at Annette. "I know. But it's going to the real FBI, not to Ada."

     Annette starts gasping for air, slowly laying on her side. "Please... Take care... of Airam... Please..." She gasps before going limp.

     "Annette?.... Annette." I start shaking her as tears start falling. "No... No, don't leave me too. Don't leave me like mom! Please..."

     "Airam... Come on. We need to go. I'm sorry but we need to go." Leon slowly pulls me away from Annette, holding me close as I cry.

     I nod, wiping away my tears. Leon holds my hand as we leave. We go through the main door, towards the elevator.

     I see Ada walking to the elevator, not seeing us yet. Leon slows down and moves me behind him, letting go of my hand.

     "I was just thinking about you." He calls out when she notices us.

     She looks around as everything starts shaking. "That makes two of us. I was getting worried. It's good to see you found Airam." She limps down the few steps. "The way's clear. Please tell me you got it."

     "Oh, I got it." Leon tells her, gripping the vial in his hand.

     "Let me verify the G-sample and we'll all get the hell out of here." She looks around before holding her hand out towards Leon.

     He takes a step back, causing her to look at him confused. "Before we do that. I ran into Annette. And both her and Airam claim you're not FBI."

     Ada looks at Leon with a sorry expression and shakes her head. "Oh, Leon." She turns away before pulling out her gun and pointing it at Leon. "Why couldn't you just hand over the sample?"

     "Because I realized, as much as I wanted to trust you..." He retaliates by aiming his gun at her. "I didn't."

     "I really hoped it wouldn't end up like this."

     "So that's all this was... I was just some pawn to you?" Leon asks, anger in his voice.

     "Look, I am just doing my job." She replies.

     "And I'm doing mine, so drop that damn gun! I'm taking you in."

     "Hand over the sample and Project S, Leon. I don't want to hurt you." She takes a step towards us.

     I take the sample from his hand, causing both of them to look at me. I drop it to my feet and stomp down on it, hearing to crunch under my boot. I glare at Ada. "Nobody gets the sample now."

     Ada lowers her gun for half a second before raising it again, still pointed at Leon. "I'm not going to leave here empty-handed. Hand over Project S, Leon."

     "That's not her name! She's a person! Not some damn project!" He yells at her, defending me.

     We stumble as part of the bridge behind us falls. I quickly move to Leon's side before I can fall off. I look at Leon when he lowers his gun, watching Ada, who keeps her gun trained on him.

     "Then you shoot me, but I don't think you can."

     "Leon." I look at him and grab his arm. He doesn't look at me, keeping his eyes on Ada.

     Ada stares at him for a few moments. She moves her arm just slightly and pulls the trigger. My grip on Leon's arm loosens as a sharp pain goes through my stomach.

     I set my other hand on my stomach before pulling it away. I look down at my hand, which is red with blood. MY blood.

     I slowly look at Leon with wide eyes. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I feel weak and my body feels heavy. I let go of Leon's arm before falling backwards.

      ---------------------------

A/N: Don't hate me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.8K 19
Enter the survival horror of the events in Raccoon City, 1998. Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, rookie cop. Even though it's his first and only day on the job...
3.2K 173 12
Six years have passed since the Raccoon City incident that will forever leave an impact on the world, including Jasper. He joined a top secret agency...
25.7K 861 23
Amara Williams escapes Umbrella's laboratory and heads into Racoon City which has been overrun by infected people. She tries to take shelter in the p...
7.8K 192 16
After several days of being comatose, Jasper finally wakes up, only to find out that his worst nightmare is coming true... [Leon S. Kennedy x Male!OC]