The Bruises She Hides

Por sry_im_late

The Bruises She Hides No one knows how miserable I really am. No one sees my pain. No one knows. Yet they thi... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 6

9.7K 266 21
Por sry_im_late

I looked up in fear only to see those cold grey eyes that haunt my nightmares. "Let's see Mr Mathews why don't you go take a seat next to Miss Warren,"

I raise my hand shyly as Edgar makes his way over to us. Wait if he's back for good does that mean he will be visiting me more? No no this can't be happening. Life why are you so against me? "Hey guys," he greets us happily.

"Hi I'm Fin,"

"I'm Izzy,"

I'm about to introduce myself when Edgar surprisingly cuts in "and you're Dani, remember me from kindergarten,"

I also remember you from last night and I don't mean that in good way but let's skip the important stuff and cue my amazing acting skills. "Oh yeah, I knew you looked kinda familiar,"

Fin and Izzy look at me confused so I continue "me and Edgar used to best friends back when we were in kindy together,"

"Damn and I though I knew you the longest," jokes Fin.

"Alright class open your textbooks..." I can barely focus during class because my heart is practically beating a hundred beats per minute. The only thing scarier than sitting next to Edgar right now is the fact that both Izzy and Fin are getting along with him right now! By then end of class Edgar has already been invited to sit with us at lunch and given all our numbers.

"So Ed where did you move here from?" Nicknames really?

"Greenwood, my mum got a job in one of the architecture firms here so after like 12 years we ended up moving back," explains Edgar. Look at him acting innocent when in reality he is a crazy sadistic perverted maniac.

"Earth to Dani," Fins voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I look up to see three pairs of eyes on me.

"Huh?" I say confused as to why their all staring at me like that.

"You okay you were in some sort of trance or something, it was really creepy you didn't even blink," exclaims Izzy.

"Nothing just tired," and in pain and covered in bruises and sitting next to the very guy who caused half of them!!!!

The rest of lunch continues and I do my best to listen but every so often I feel my nerves creep back in. At one point Edgar's thigh brushed against mine and I swear I felt a cold shiver go up my spine.

By the end of the day Edgar has became besties with Fin and Izzy. And there's nothing I can do about it. "Sorry Dani I would've driven you home but I have another shift so I can't," says Fin.

"Don't worry I can drop you off," assures Edgar. Of course you can.

"Oh that's great, makes me feel way less guilty, see you guys tomorrow," says Fin and he jogs back to his car.

"Mum wants me home on time for once so I gotta bolt," Izzy says with a wave.

"Guess its just you and me now," I gulp audibly my anxiety at an all time high.

The drive home is silent. I am too scared to say anything and Edgar is probably too busy preparing what he is going to do to me. My shabby house comes into view and I suddenly wish I could disappear. "What are you waiting for get out now," says Edgar threateningly. He opens my door and pulls me by the arm almost dragging me into my house.

He picks me up and tosses me over his shoulder as if I weigh nothing and carries me to my room. All the while I'm thrashing about pounding my fists into his back begging him not to. "Hit me one more time and I" I stop instantly as we reach my bedroom door. He throws me onto my bed and starts pulling off my jeans. "Stop shaking," he orders. How can I when your forcing yourself onto me??I want to yell but all my body allows me to do is nod.

Izzy's POV

(in the voice from SpongeBob) one week later...

Right now were hanging out in the Chocolate Therapist with Edgar. We've been friends with him for a week and he's pretty cool. "Man am I glad to have a friend who isn't a girl," says Fin.

"and am I glad to have a friend who isn't a pussy," a fire back.

"It was one time and you saw how creepy looking the spider was," retorts Fin. He has a point but the girly shriek that came out of his mouth when he saw it was something I will never forget.

Dani's been really quiet this week. As we are all laughing and joking she looks half asleep. "Hey Dani you okay?" I ask quietly so the boys can keep talking.

"Yea just tired," she says, no kidding. She's had bags under her eyes for the past week!

"Your always tired you sure you're not sick again or something?" I ask rating my eyebrow.

"No I'm fine, other than my arm. I kinda fell down the stairs in the morning,"

"Let me see," I say knowing that Dani never complains no matter how much her 'injuries' hurt. She once went to school with this big bruise on her back after Fin accidently pushed her off the swings but said it didn't hurt despite that fact that it was the size of Russia!

She rolls up her sleeve to reveal a big white bandage going around her left arm. "Do you mind if I unwrap it?"

She hesitates before nodding her head. I slowly unwrap the bandage and stare at her arm in shock. There is a long cut starting from her wrist going all the wavy up to her elbow. The cut looks new as its still leaking blood. I feel squeamish and look away only to catch Fin's eyes. Almost immediately he comes rushing over to her size and checks out her latest cut. They are literally perfect for each other, too bad Fin's to much of a wimp to do anything about it.

"How did that happen?" asks Fin in a serious voice.

"I fell down the stairs this morning and tried to grab onto the railing but I slipped and that happened," says Dani gesturing to her arm. She winces in pain when Fin wipes off a bit of blood that his leaked out. I shove his hand away and wrap it back up.

"Are you in any pain, that looks really bad, did you go to the hospital? Oh my Gosh, what if it gets infected. Damn it Dani why didn't you tell me I could've..."

Dani's POV

I put my other hand on his mouth finally shutting him up. "I'm fine and I've fell and hurt worse Fin, don't worry," I assure him but the look in his eyes tells me he doesn't believe me.

Fin sends me look that says 'are you sure' and I nod reassuringly. "alright then," he says going back to sit next to Edgar who is doing his best to hold in a smirk. He knows exactly how it happened, heck he was the reason it happened.

Yesterday after Edgar was 'done' with me I pretty much ran out of my room hoping to get away from him. Instead I crashed into my dad who thought I had invited a boy over. He had grabbed my arm and dragged it down the edge of this broken glass drawer and all Edgar did was stand and the top of the stairs looking pleased with himself. And now here he is talking with my friends getting to know them, having them believe that he truly is a normal and pure person. What bullshit!

"On your writing arm, that's too bad," says Edgar even though he wouldn't blink an eye if I had gotten murdered much less hurt.

I shrug my shoulders and say "I'll live," though Fin and Izzy both seem unconvinced.

"So Dani, I forgot to tell you yesterday but Miss Smith asked me to tutor you for maths since your falling and all," Really out of a class of 30 kids Miss Smith just had to go and chose the very person who stars in my nightmares and haunts me while I'm awake.

"Better it be Edgar than some nerdy world of Warcraft obsessed dork," Even though our clique is considered the social outcasts the dorks and geeks are still below us on the high school food chain, if you know what I mean.

"Yea," I agree when in reality I would chose any geek in a heartbeat over the demon siting across from me.

"I can come over tomorrow if your free," suggests Edgar. I'm about to agree when I realize that both Fin and Izzy will get suspicious at to why I let Edgar come over and not them.

"Actually why don't I go to your house my dad is a little..." drunk, abusive, aggressive, brutal, insane, immoral, inhumane, barbaric, monstrous...

"Strict," fills in Izzy for me.

"No problem how about I drive you there straight after school," NO!!!

"Perfect," I reply meekly.

"Good luck with her teaching her maths is like trying to put an T-Rex into a smart car and make him wear his seatbelt," I shoot Fin a look.

"I'm not that bad, okay maybe?" The three of us burst out laughing knowing that I very well suck at maths. It feels nice to forget about my dad's threats and Edgars mere existence and laugh everyone in a while. But it never lasts forever now does it?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

116K 1.7K 26
𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠. �...
30.3K 1.1K 25
When you feel like your world comes crashing down, you just want to die. When you fall, you don't want to get up. When you're hit, you let it back. W...
1.9M 44.4K 67
Have you ever felt so broken that you couldn't pull yourself out of bed and continue to live your life like you used to. A simple task such as tying...
Strength Por IvoryOakes

Novela Juvenil

90 6 6
When Skylar Grayson shows up at school hiding a very visible bruise and cut on her cheek there's one person who seems to notice something isn't right...